PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Intranet site for taxi-dancers

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2005, 02:52 PM
Just thought I would tell anyone who was still unsure that there *is* a part of the Ceroc intranet site for taxi-dancers, and although it's not full of mind-expanding revelations it does have some information (summaries of moves, FAQs etc) which I certainly would have found handy when I was first a taxi-dancer. There's also information about special offers for forthcoming Ceroc weekenders.

(You might think that everyone who ought to know about this already does, but I've been taxi-ing on and off for four years, and I was only told about it last week, so there may be others too.)

I presume taxi-dancers should contact their franchisee to find out the details of how to access the site.

TiggsTours
3rd-November-2005, 03:00 PM
Just thought I would tell anyone who was still unsure that there *is* a part of the Ceroc intranet site for taxi-dancers, and although it's not full of mind-expanding revelations it does have some information (summaries of moves, FAQs etc) which I certainly would have found handy when I was first a taxi-dancer. There's also information about special offers for forthcoming Ceroc weekenders.

(You might think that everyone who ought to know about this already does, but I've been taxi-ing on and off for four years, and I was only told about it last week, so there may be others too.)

I presume taxi-dancers should contact their franchisee to find out the details of how to access the site.
Should know about it, that would mean it was organised!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I did actually know about it, but I'm still not officially listed as a taxi dancer, despite them asking for my membership details 4 times in the last 3 weeks so that they can sort it out, and me providing it. Oh well, I guess these things take time, I mean, I've only been taxiing for 3 and a half years!

John S
3rd-November-2005, 03:31 PM
Just thought I would tell anyone who was still unsure that there *is* a part of the Ceroc intranet site for taxi-dancers.......

Sounds interesting - I can't find it though! Is it possible to navigate there from the Ceroc main page?

Yep, here's one!

Dunno - Franck?

Should this be in the Taxi Rank section?

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2005, 03:45 PM
Sounds interesting - I can't find it though! Is it possible to navigate there from the Ceroc main page?No.

Should this be in the Taxi Rank section?No, because there may be other people who taxi, who (like me) don't get access to the Taxi Rank section.

David Bailey
3rd-November-2005, 03:51 PM
No, because there may be other people who taxi, who (like me) don't get access to the Taxi Rank section.
The Taxi Rank is a part of the Forum, I think it's only for Scottish Taxi dancers, yes?

The Ceroc Intranet is the Secret Ceroc Site, which teachers have access to, and which distributes the wisdom of The Ancients, or something. And Taxi dancers should in theory have access to some of that site.

Although most taxi dancers know nothing of it, so it makes you wonder why they bother setting it up and not telling people about it.

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2005, 03:59 PM
The Taxi Rank is a part of the Forum, I think it's only for Scottish Taxi dancers, yes?

The Ceroc Intranet is the Secret Ceroc Site, which teachers have access to, and which distributes the wisdom of The Ancients, or something. And Taxi dancers should in theory have access to some of that site.

Although most taxi dancers know nothing of it, so it makes you wonder why they bother setting it up and not telling people about it.I'm sure they've told lots of people about it... just not the *right* people. I could help out - for a fee, of course.

Gojive
3rd-November-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm sure they've told lots of people about it... just not the *right* people. I could help out - for a fee, of course.

That's very fare of you ESG :waycool:

ChrisA
3rd-November-2005, 04:28 PM

Yes, unless you grovel to Franck....

7 years of taxiing in England counts for nothing... :wink: :devil:

TiggsTours
3rd-November-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm sure they've told lots of people about it... just not the *right* people. I could help out - for a fee, of course.
I got an email, about 3 weeks ago, asking for my membership number so they could update my records to show I'm a taxi, and giving me access details to the intranet. Its all part of their re-organisation thing they have going at the moment, including the insistance on showing your ceroc card, even at venues you go to all the time, or even that you taxi at, when you're on duty! The email came from head office, so I'd suggest you talk to your franchise manager too!

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2005, 04:34 PM
I got an email, about 3 weeks ago, asking for my membership number so they could update my records to show I'm a taxi, and giving me access details to the intranet. Its all part of their re-organisation thing they have going at the moment, including the insistance on showing your ceroc card, even at venues you go to all the time, or even that you taxi at, when you're on duty! The email came from head office, so I'd suggest you talk to your franchise manager too!To be honest, I'm not too fussed to sort out other people's communication issues until they decide they're ready to have them fixed. So I shall wait 'till they come to me.

And If I was forced to show my Ceroc card every time I went to a venue, I might as well stay at home!

TiggsTours
3rd-November-2005, 04:49 PM
To be honest, I'm not too fussed to sort out other people's communication issues until they decide they're ready to have them fixed. So I shall wait 'till they come to me.

And If I was forced to show my Ceroc card every time I went to a venue, I might as well stay at home!
Looks like you'll be staying home alot then! Your venues may not be doing it yet, but they will be soon, in fact, they should be already!

David Bailey
3rd-November-2005, 04:56 PM
Looks like you'll be staying home alot then! Your venues may not be doing it yet, but they will be soon, in fact, they should be already!
I got "done" at Cerocmetro a month or two back.

Your time is coming, ESG, you cannot avoid the Power Of The Database Record Update.

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2005, 05:00 PM
I got "done" at Cerocmetro a month or two back.

Your time is coming, ESG, you cannot avoid the Power Of The Database Record Update.I'm on the database, and I tell the staff my membership number every time I attend. But no-one has ever insisted that I actually produce the card.

Robin
4th-November-2005, 01:47 AM
I'm on the database, and I tell the staff my membership number every time I attend. But no-one has ever insisted that I actually produce the card.

Excuse me.... we're a little more organised than that - Kevin has all crew's numbers written down for quick reference - and Barry at St Albans is even more organised - he has it laminated !!!!:eek:

Franck
4th-November-2005, 02:12 AM
The Taxi Rank is a part of the Forum, I think it's only for Scottish Taxi dancers, yes? Nope, the taxi-rank is for all Ceroc taxi-dancers wherever they are from. As I don't know who is or isn't a TD, you'll have to email / PM me with details of where / which franchisee you crew for and I'll update your account.

The same applies for Ceroc teachers and DJs....

David Bailey
4th-November-2005, 08:56 AM
The same applies for Ceroc teachers and DJs....
Oooh, how about occasional demos? :innocent:

LMC
4th-November-2005, 09:42 AM
Nope, the taxi-rank is for all Ceroc taxi-dancers wherever they are from...
Hooray, that was the only reason I agreed to taxi :clap:

spindr
4th-November-2005, 10:19 AM
Gosh is it really that hard to find? Here's a hint. (http://www.afterfive.co.uk/maps/ModernJive-links.html)
SpinDr

David Bailey
4th-November-2005, 10:25 AM
Gosh is it really that hard to find? Here's a hint. (http://www.afterfive.co.uk/maps/ModernJive-links.html)
SpinDr
It's not particularly hard to find the front page of the site, if you know it exists.
It's quite hard to find if no-one's ever told you it exists.
It's also quite hard to get any use from it if you haven't been given access to it by your franchise manager.

So I'm sticking with the "it's not well-publicised" line for the moment.

Petal
4th-November-2005, 12:55 PM
Hooray, that was the only reason I agreed to taxi :clap:
If Franck just puts the details on the taxi dancer part of the forum, then all the td's can access it.:clap:

TiggsTours
4th-November-2005, 01:00 PM
If Franck just puts the details on the taxi dancer part of the forum, then all the td's can access it.:clap:
Which taxi dancer part of the forum?

Russell Saxby
4th-November-2005, 01:12 PM
but I've been taxi-ing on and off for four years, and I was only told about it last week, so there may be others too.)

Didn't I tell you about the taxi intranet in the below thread back in August

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6086&page=5

Ceroc HQ set up an intranet site at the beginning of the year. Taxis have access to the taxi section within in it, where they can find all sorts of useful tips. Speak to your Franchise owner for more info.

There is also the Taxi Dancer section on this forum, if you are a Taxi dancer and do not have access to it email Franck

spindr
4th-November-2005, 01:50 PM
Hmmm, looks like "Google" is your friend: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Taxi+Dancer makes interesting reading.

Especially, http://www.atomicbooks.com/products/-/10236.html

SpinDr

TiggsTours
4th-November-2005, 02:00 PM
I like wikipedia's summary!

"A taxi dancer is a professional dance partner in one of many forms of partner dance. A taxi dancer is not a prostitute and no favours can be expected off the dancefloor. In social settings and social forms of dance, a dancer wanting constructive feedback from a taxi dancer normally has to explicitly request it, since their role is primarily social they are unlike to criticise their partner directly.

The term originated in ballroom dancing in the 1930s, for women paid by the dance. It is currently used in dance styles such as Ceroc for experienced dancers (male or female) who are paid to either dance opposite a teacher or dance among the paying customers in beginners class to raise the standard."

What I want to know is, if people have to pay per dance, who'd pocketing the cash, eh? Who's my pimp!?

LMC
4th-November-2005, 02:03 PM
The inevitable Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxi_dancer) entry is quite amusing as well...

"... A taxi dancer is not a prostitute and no favours can be expected off the dancefloor...."

EDIT: TT got there first!

El Salsero Gringo
4th-November-2005, 02:25 PM
Didn't I tell you about the taxi intranet in the below thread back in August

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6086&page=5And judging by the number of people who hadn't heard of it then, there's no harm in reminding people.
If Franck just puts the details on the taxi dancer part of the forum, then all the td's can access itOnly those that have access to the taxi-dancer part of the Forum. Which isn't everyone, by any means. Which was sort-of the point, although I was talking about the Ceroc Intranet, not the Forum. Unless Franck actually tells everyone on the Forum who might, unbeknown to him, be a taxi dancer, - i.e. *everyone*, via a public announcement, most of us aren't going to know to ask to be allowed to see it.

Gadget
4th-November-2005, 02:26 PM
Curious: what information is/should be shared amoung taxis that the general dancing populous should be kept from?

Tessalicious
4th-November-2005, 02:34 PM
Curious: what information is/should be shared amoung taxis that the general dancing populous should be kept from?Ooooh lots of very exciting stuff. Which, if you don't know already, you're obviously not important enough to know.

No, I don't know either, and I am a taxi dancer...

El Salsero Gringo
4th-November-2005, 02:34 PM
Curious: what information is/should be shared amoung taxis that the general dancing populous should be kept from?I'm afraid unless you're a taxi-dancer, you're not entitled to know.

David Franklin
4th-November-2005, 02:36 PM
Curious: what information is/should be shared amoung taxis that the general dancing populous should be kept from?They could tell you, but then they'd have to kill you...

LMC
4th-November-2005, 03:05 PM
Maybe the Secret Section of the forum contains a list of the Ten?

I'm starting to get cold feet now... I'm not sure I can handle the truth...

you were lying about the chicken blood right?

Gus
5th-November-2005, 11:00 AM
Ooooh lots of very exciting stuff. Which, if you don't know already, you're obviously not important enough to know.Well any moves to improve the quality of taxi dnacers is alwyas welcome. In the past, especially in the smaller clubs, they have been poorly trained (if trained at all) and had little information on how the basic moves should be done. I think Ceroc tried to address this sometime back by issuing copies of the instructors notes on the basic moves. All they have to do know is stop taxi dancers doing major drops and complex moves on beginners then progress will have been made.:wink:

TA Guy
5th-November-2005, 12:28 PM
Very X-files. Whoo hoo whoo hooo (<---- scary music) :)