PDA

View Full Version : Power Points

dee
2nd-November-2005, 07:23 PM
I have noticed some peeps have 5 power points and some only have 1, how does this work? and how do you earn more??

David Bailey
2nd-November-2005, 07:29 PM
I have noticed some peeps have 5 power points and some only have 1, how does this work? and how do you earn more??
To quote from the loverly FAQ (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3458):
Power - How many reputation points (rep) a forumite can reward another forumite for posting. See Reputation above for more information..

I think how many power points you have depends on how long you've been a member, how many posts you've done, and how much Franck likes you, or something - the exact formula is a mystery, guarded, like the Real Coke formula. :)

El Salsero Gringo
2nd-November-2005, 07:48 PM
To quote from the loverly FAQ (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3458):
Power - How many reputation points (rep) a forumite can reward another forumite for posting. See Reputation above for more information..

I think how many power points you have depends on how long you've been a member, how many posts you've done, and how much Franck likes you, or something - the exact formula is a mystery, guarded, like the Real Coke formula. :)It appears to work like this:

You need a minimum number of posts to have any rep power at all (10, I think.)

Thereafter you start on one and gain:

one for each 500 reputation points
one for each 2000 posts
one for each complete year since registration

Certain moderators (eg. Franck, Tiggerbabe) excepted.

That seems to work for a good sample of members, including myself, DJ, TheTramp, Lory, Gus and a few others I checked it on.

dee
2nd-November-2005, 07:55 PM
Right then i need more Rep points, so what do i have to do to earn them:innocent:

El Salsero Gringo
2nd-November-2005, 08:10 PM
Right then i need more Rep points, so what do i have to do to earn them:innocent:or just keep on posting - any old drivel will do, as DavidJames will tell you.

dee
2nd-November-2005, 08:40 PM
or just keep on posting - any old drivel will do, as DavidJames will tell you.

:rofl: Bless him,, i really like DavidJames he is such a nice guy shares his drinks the lot :flower:

Reps please :hug:

under par
2nd-November-2005, 09:44 PM
:rofl: Bless him,, i really like DavidJames he is such a nice guy shares his drinks the lot :flower:

Reps please :hug:

You can also be repped for honest posts.

I don't like David James.......as much as I like Dee .....there I said it!:flower: :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-November-2005, 11:04 PM
Right then i need more Rep points, so what do i have to do to earn them:innocent:
send money to:

The Smurf Benevolent Fund
PO Box 2001
Dunny on the Wold

:)

dee
3rd-November-2005, 09:11 AM
You can also be repped for honest posts.

I don't like David James.......as much as I like Dee .....there I said it!:flower: :whistle:

Ahhh bless !!! Thank you Underpar

under par
3rd-November-2005, 09:40 AM
Ahhh bless !!! Thank you Underpar

I thought for such an honest post it should read "Ahhh bless !!! Thank you Underpar have some rep":whistle:

David Bailey
3rd-November-2005, 10:09 AM
or just keep on posting - any old drivel will do, as DavidJames will tell you.
It's true.

It's also weird - I've got tons of rep for some trivial 1-liner posts (mainly slagging off Jango :whistle: ), but then nothing for massive posts I sweated blood over writing. I guess it all depends on what tickles forumites' fancies at the time.

Zebra Woman
3rd-November-2005, 10:25 AM
It's true.

It's also weird - I've got tons of rep for some trivial 1-liner posts (mainly slagging off Jango :whistle: ), but then nothing for massive posts I sweated blood over writing. I guess it all depends on what tickles forumites' fancies at the time.
:rofl:

That's funny David I have had loads of rep for the posts where I have sweated blood and tears praising Jango/Hipsters or other DJs who play 'obscure crap' music .

David Bailey
3rd-November-2005, 10:50 AM
That's funny David I have had loads of rep for the posts where I have sweated blood and tears praising Jango/Hipsters or other DJs who play 'obscure crap' music .
So, I guess the ideal rep-point generator would be a thread with the two of us arguing about Jango and music? :innocent:

Lynn
3rd-November-2005, 11:11 AM
Oh, my rep power has just gone up!

So who wants to be nice to me? :wink: :whistle:

David Bailey
3rd-November-2005, 11:27 AM

Hail, Oh great and powerful Lynn :worthy: :worthy: - how's that?

Presumably you can only rep people twice a day now though?

Lynn
3rd-November-2005, 11:33 AM
Hail, Oh great and powerful Lynn :worthy: :worthy: - how's that? :rofl: Good try, but I need to spread it around a bit first!

Presumably you can only rep people twice a day now though?:confused: Is there some correlation to rising rep power and reduced rep frequency?

Or am I missing something? (You are safe to answer that one DJ as I can't neg rep you either! Yet...)

LMC
3rd-November-2005, 11:42 AM
IIRC, you're only allowed to dish out ten rep points a day. As you're now on 4, maybe they calculate it differently - e.g. 20 every two days so it averages. I dunno.

Gojive
3rd-November-2005, 11:51 AM

Your shoes look fantastic!...and the other pair you have...and the other pair...and the other..:flower: :hug: :flower: :hug: :flower: :hug: :flower:

:whistle:

David Bailey
3rd-November-2005, 11:54 AM
:confused: Is there some correlation to rising rep power and reduced rep frequency?
You're only allowed to give out 10 rep points a day.
So if you have power 1, you can rep 10 people a day, power 2, 5 people etc. I think...

(You are safe to answer that one DJ as I can't neg rep you either! Yet...)
Oh right, so you know that for sure, huh, you've tried that one out already? :whistle:

IIRC, you're only allowed to dish out ten rep points a day. As you're now on 4, maybe they calculate it differently - e.g. 20 every two days so it averages. I dunno.
Could be - I just assumed that INT(10/4) = 2, and that the "spare" two points would be lost rather than carried over. I also dunno.

Lynn
3rd-November-2005, 12:41 PM
You're only allowed to give out 10 rep points a day.
So if you have power 1, you can rep 10 people a day, power 2, 5 people etc. I think... I didn't know that. I thought you could only rep a certain number of people per day, I didn't realise that it was a certain number of rep points. Have to be careful where I give my rep then. Always something to learn about this place!

Oh right, so you know that for sure, huh, you've tried that one out already? :whistle: Well I tried to +ve rep you and I couldn't so therefore I wouldn't be able to -ve rep either would I? I'm extremely sparing with -ve rep!

dee
3rd-November-2005, 01:30 PM
I thought for such an honest post it should read "Ahhh bless !!! Thank you Underpar have some rep":whistle:

I would give you some rep but it says i have to spread it around a bit :eek: before i can give you some :flower:

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2005, 01:33 PM
So, I guess the ideal rep-point generator would be a thread with the two of us arguing about Jango and music? :innocent:Please, *not* again.

dee
3rd-November-2005, 01:35 PM
It appears to work like this:

You need a minimum number of posts to have any rep power at all (10, I think.)

Thereafter you start on one and gain:

one for each 500 reputation points
one for each 2000 posts
one for each complete year since registration

Certain moderators (eg. Franck, Tiggerbabe) excepted.

That seems to work for a good sample of members, including myself, DJ, TheTramp, Lory, Gus and a few others I checked it on.

Ok Mr Donkey so how come the lovely Dreadful Scathe has 6 power points??

David Franklin
3rd-November-2005, 01:45 PM
Ok Mr Donkey so how come the lovely Dreadful Scathe has 6 power points??1 (base) + 3 (complete years) + 2 (over 4000 posts) = 6. Seems to work...

murphy
3rd-November-2005, 01:47 PM
Is this a private rep requesting thread, or can anyone join in?
:flower:

Problem is I only have one lonely power point... who would want rep off me???

dee
3rd-November-2005, 01:54 PM
1 (base) + 3 (complete years) + 2 (over 4000 posts) = 6. Seems to work...

Right i think i get it now, so i will get another power point in Feb next year? now i understand it:flower:

Gojive
3rd-November-2005, 01:57 PM
Is this a private rep requesting thread, or can anyone join in?
:flower:

Problem is I only have one lonely power point... who would want rep off me???

Me please :cheers: ....As the Tesco forum slogan would say, "Every little rep point helps" :D

To quote an old saying....

"Look after the lonely single power points, and the...err.....bigger multiple power points will look after themselves!" :yum:

Besides, it's more rewarding when you reach the ton up mark through tens of single point reps, rather than a handful of bigger boy reps! :na:

Franck
3rd-November-2005, 02:18 PM
Oooh :really: :innocent:

There's a lot of guesses and misinformation going on in this thread... Let me give you the official numbers (as they stand just now anyway).

First of all, as was mentioned, the power you have in rep is connected to a range of factors:

First point when you have posted a minimum of 10 times (before that, you can rep, but your power is zero). If your rep falls below 10, you also lose all rep power / ability.

you also get extra rep points for the following:

- every 360 days on registered the Forum.
- every 2,000 posts.
- every 250 points of rep you have.

The number of time you can rep anyone isn't connected to your power. There are two simple rules that apply:

- You can only give reputation (+ or -) 10 times a day.
- You must rep another 6 different people before you can rep the same person again.

That's it, no big secret or mystery. :D

Lynn
3rd-November-2005, 02:19 PM
OK - my rep has gone up again. And I notice that lots of other folk have gone up by one as well. A re-calulation perhaps?

Lynn
3rd-November-2005, 02:22 PM
- You must rep another 6 different people before you can rep the same person again. That's what I thought.

Wait, you mean...I was right...and DJ was wrong?! :really: :whistle:

Rare occurance, think I need to go and sit down...:rofl:

LMC
3rd-November-2005, 02:31 PM
Luckily I was wrong too, so I won't let the extra power go to my head.

David Franklin
3rd-November-2005, 02:40 PM

There's a lot of guesses and misinformation going on in this thread... Let me give you the official numbers (as they stand just now anyway).'fess up Franck - you've just changed things, haven't you? (Dreadful Scathe had 6 points about an hour ago as evidenced by previous posts, it's now gone up to 7!).

That's it, no big secret or mystery. :DOf course, it's particularly mysterious if the rules keep changing all the time!

Actually, I think the 500->250 change (if that's what you've done) makes sense - whether people approve of what you post should count for something.

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm convinced the rule was every 500 points up until yesterday...

Franck
3rd-November-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm convinced the rule was every 500 points up until yesterday...
It might have been :wink:

As I was checking the settings for my earlier post, I thought 500 rep points was a bit on the high side, so changed it to 250.

I reckon you all pay too much attention to the rep system anyway! :D

murphy
3rd-November-2005, 03:03 PM

- every 2,000 posts.

only...
- 210 days
- 1960 posts
- 225 rep points
... to go then ...

Bored at work? yup!

LMC
3rd-November-2005, 03:07 PM
I reckon you all pay too much attention to the rep system anyway! :D
:yeah: - have some rep. Oh, the irony...

David Bailey
3rd-November-2005, 03:16 PM
Wait, you mean...I was right...and DJ was wrong?! :really: :whistle:
I was sure I read it was 10 points per day, not 10 reps, but yes I may have been... wrong. :tears:

Although who knows, what with Mr Change-the-rules-under-their-feet in charge... :whistle:

David Franklin
3rd-November-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm convinced the rule was every 500 points up until yesterday...http://www.thecatgallery.com/images/black-cat.jpg
http://www.thecatgallery.com/images/black-cat.jpg

Whoa. Deja vu.

What did you just say?

Nothing. Just had a little deja vu.

What happened? What did you see?

A black cat went past us and then I saw another that looked just like it.

How much like it? Was it the same cat?

It might have been. I'm not sure. What is it?

A deja vu is usually a glitch in the Forum. It happens when they change something.

dee
3rd-November-2005, 03:18 PM
only...
- 210 days
- 1960 posts
- 225 rep points
... to go then ...

Bored at work? yup!

Looks like someone is going to be busy then :rofl:

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2005, 03:25 PM
It might have been :wink:

As I was checking the settings for my earlier post, I thought 500 rep points was a bit on the high side, so changed it to 250.

I reckon you all pay too much attention to the rep system anyway! :DGotta have something to take our minds off of reading about Jango :whistle:

murphy
3rd-November-2005, 03:26 PM
Looks like someone is going to be busy then :rofl:

Just need to find something worthwhile to say with every post....

Doh! :rofl:

(well thats 2 posts down, 1958 to go..!)

David Bailey
3rd-November-2005, 03:27 PM
Just need to find something worthwhile to say with every post....
As has been said, that never stopped me.

For example:

Please, *not* again.
Well, if you make it worth our while... :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2005, 03:32 PM
Well, if you make it worth our while... :whistle:Don't push it, sonny. As all the best adverts say, "your rep may go up or down."

David Bailey
3rd-November-2005, 03:39 PM
Don't push it, sonny. As all the best adverts say, "your rep may go up or down."
I'm trying to decide whether this is a cunning ploy to dare me to do this, you know me too well :rofl:

I hereby award you the "most naturally gifted winder-up in existence today" wooden spoon :worthy:

749 posts to go...

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2005, 03:41 PM
I hereby award you the "most naturally gifted winder-up in existence today" wooden spoon :worthy:

749 posts to go...That is *so* unfair.

David Bailey
3rd-November-2005, 03:48 PM
That is *so* unfair.

MartinHarper
3rd-November-2005, 03:55 PM
:rofl: Good try, but I need to spread it around a bit first!

I would give you some rep but it says i have to spread it around a bit :eek: before i can give you some :flower:

While the rep system is very important, I don't think the entire forum needs to know every time someone gets told to spread it.

I would give you both some neg rep, but it says I have to not be such a mean old grumpy-bags.

stewart38
3rd-November-2005, 04:41 PM

There's a lot of guesses and misinformation going on in this thread... Let me give you the official numbers (as they stand just now anyway).

First of all, as was mentioned, the power you have in rep is connected to a range of factors:

First point when you have posted a minimum of 10 times (before that, you can rep, but your power is zero). If your rep falls below 10, you also lose all rep power / ability.

- every 2,000 posts.

The number of time you can rep anyone isn't connected to your power. There are two simple rules that apply:

- You must rep another 6 different people before you can rep the same person again.

So using you example of having 10, how do we get to that :grin:

David Franklin
3rd-November-2005, 04:43 PM
So using you example of having 10, how do we get to that :grin:A more moderate style of posting might help...

stewart38
3rd-November-2005, 04:51 PM
A more moderate style of posting might help...

I meant how did he get to 10 ? I cant work it out (ESG please ?)

David I always think your spot on ,with what you say, you dress well and make valid well thought out arguments :grin:

dee
3rd-November-2005, 04:52 PM
While the rep system is very important, I don't think the entire forum needs to know every time someone gets told to spread it.

I would give you both some neg rep, but it says I have to not be such a mean old grumpy-bags.

Don't you just love MartinHarper :sick:

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2005, 04:56 PM
I meant how did he get to 10 ? I cant work it out (ESG please ?)

David I always think your spot on ,with what you say, you dress well and make valid well thought out arguments :grin:I imagine he went to the box in the database where people's rep-power is stored, looked up his own record, and typed in 10.

Only guessing, though.

stewart38
3rd-November-2005, 04:59 PM
I imagine he went to the box in the database where people's rep-power is stored, looked up his own record, and typed in 10.

Only guessing, though.

I couldnt see the wood for the trees , makes sense

Have +ve rep every one

David Franklin
3rd-November-2005, 04:59 PM
I imagine he went to the box in the database where people's rep-power is stored, looked up his own record, and typed in 10.

Only guessing, though.Could be - but I'm guessing it's something along the lines of "All Omnipotent Moderators have power 10".

ChrisA
3rd-November-2005, 05:37 PM
Could be - but I'm guessing it's something along the lines of "All Omnipotent Moderators have power 10".
Could be, but I'm guessing it's something along the lines of "he edited his joining date to be ten years ago, waited till his rep went to 10, and then edited it back again".

Only guessing though... :whistle:

David Franklin
3rd-November-2005, 05:46 PM
Could be, but I'm guessing it's something along the lines of "he edited his joining date to be ten years ago, waited till his rep went to 10, and then edited it back again".

Only guessing though... :whistle:Thing is, I'd expect any change like that to get overridden anytime the formula is recalculated. In particular, with the most recent change (500->250), everyone's power was recalculated to fit. But Franck's power still doesn't match the formula. Unless the formula has extra terms to do with being a moderator etc. (which is my bet).

LMC
3rd-November-2005, 05:49 PM
Unless the formula has extra terms to do with being a moderator etc. (which is my bet).
And why not? Franck has the power of life and death of the forum after all... I think he has been remarkably restrained actually, why stop at 10? :devil:

David Franklin
3rd-November-2005, 06:01 PM
And why not? Franck has the power of life and death of the forum after all... I think he has been remarkably restrained actually, why stop at 10? :devil:Did I suggest Franck had done anything wrong? (Let's face it, would anybody suggest a man with power = 10 had done something wrong? :whistle: ).

Seriously, 10 points is already a pretty big dollup of rep; much more and it would really distort things. Despite all my feverish speculation on the formula :wink: , when it comes to normal repping, I'm not actually convinced it makes sense for some people to have much more power than others. (If Franck or Sheena actively decide to smite / honour someone with huge amounts of rep for some reason, that's an ass of another colour...)

LMC
3rd-November-2005, 06:21 PM
Seriously, 10 points is already a pretty big dollup of rep; much more and it would really distort things.
A sudden vision of DavidJames with a power of 10... :what:

Sleep well people... :whistle:

David Bailey
3rd-November-2005, 06:37 PM
A sudden vision of DavidJames with a power of 10... :what:
Oh, I'd use it wisely... :rofl:

OK, make that, oooh, 10,740-odd posts to go now then....

David Franklin
3rd-November-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh, I'd use it wisely... :rofl:You know what they say:

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. But in the case of DavidJames, who can tell the difference?

Ghost
3rd-November-2005, 08:02 PM
<snip>

Thanks for the info Franck. :cheers: So looking at the other side of the coin....

How many times can you give negative rep and in what time period?

Do you have to 'spread negative rep around some more' before you can negative rep the same person again?

How negative can someone's rep actually get? eg if every single forum member neg repped me for this post would I get a rep of 0, -1643 or is there a cut-off point?

Apart from the obvious social stigma and psychological trauma of having received copious amounts of negative rep :tears: is there any other drawback of having a reputation of 0 (unless you haven't posted much) or -1643? Is there a point when you're "asked to leave?"

Can you appeal against having received negative rep? eg if I negative repped LMC for being blonde

Can I give negative rep and then positive rep to someone if I change my mind?

Is the amount of negative rep the person receives based on the giver's rep, a fixed number or some suitably arcane formula?

Are the moderators notified by the system when negative rep is given?

What was negative rep originally intended for? Specifically as we can pm, post comments on the forum, or report a bad post. and it seems to cause such bad feelings - what's the point? Presuambly the moderators would notice someone who was say, consistently abusive, or Forumites would point them out?

What was positive rep originally intended for?

Thanks
Christopher

Ghost
4th-November-2005, 12:59 AM
As all the best adverts say, "your rep may go up or down."
But look at the rate yours is going up!

ESG = 645 since Jan
David James = 571 since March
David Franklin = 479 since a bit longer :whistle:
Tiggerbabe = 430
Franck = 369
Emma = 13

So at the moment you're 168 off exceeding the Franck, Tiggerbabe and Emma put together! Sounds a lot, but frankly at the rate you and David James are going it'll be interesting to see who gets there first. And can it be done by Christmas?

And what does this say about rep?

Take care,
Christopher

Sorry to any other Omnipotent Moderators I've missed :flower:

El Salsero Gringo
4th-November-2005, 01:09 AM
I'd say about 200 points were earned from a range of animated avatars I used. (And thank you to the people who appreciated them sufficiently to let me know in that way.) But draw your own conclusions about what a high rep score actually means.

Baruch
4th-November-2005, 01:17 AM
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
I prefer power corrupts, absolute power is wonderful.

MartinHarper
4th-November-2005, 02:02 AM
How many times can you give negative rep and in what time period? (etc)

The quotas are on total amount of rep given, both positive and negative. The system doesn't distinguish in that way.

Is there any other drawback of having a reputation of 0.

Your power is set to 0.
You get a red bar (or several) next to your name.

Is there a point when you're "asked to leave?"

Yes, but it's not dependant upon some silly little number next to your name.

Can I give negative rep and then positive rep to someone if I change my mind?

Not without "spreading it around" first. You can't give both positive and negative rep for the same post.

Is the amount of negative rep the person receives based on the giver's rep, a fixed number or some suitably arcane formula?

Half-power, rounded up.

under par
4th-November-2005, 02:07 AM
The quotas are on total amount of rep given, both positive and negative. The system doesn't distinguish in that way.

Your power is set to 0.
You get a red bar (or several) next to your name.

Yes, but it's not dependant upon some silly little number next to your name.

Not without "spreading it around" first. You can't give both positive and negative rep for the same post.

Half-power, rounded up.

The MASTER he doth speak of the EVIL art.:worthy: :worthy:

David Bailey
4th-November-2005, 09:19 AM
But look at the rate yours is going up!
{ fnarr fnarr }
Amazingly enough (considering this is me saying it!), I think Franck has a point, it's all just silly numbers, none of it means anything really.

Plus, people like David Franklin, Tiggerbabe etc. are probably under-represented here, because the rep scores got reset a year ago, so their accumulated reputation points up until then were ignored. I'm pretty sure people listen to Franck more than to ESG - and I know they listen to Franck more than to me.

In fact, I think there's a bit of rep inflation at the moment - I wouldn't be too surprised (or in fact, saddened) if Franck reset them all again at the end of the year.

That rep and power are a bit silly really?

Whilst it's nice to see the little numbers go up, I prefer comments with my rep.

I think the nicest rep I think I've ever received was a "mere" 1-pointer, from Doc Martin - hopefully he won't mind me saying this. The comment was regarding a Tango post, and said:
"Thanks for this thread. I was reading it yesterday, remembered there was a class on that evening and decided that I had to stop putting off trying it. So your thread gave me the nudge I needed. doc martin"
- awww... :cheers:

Lynn
4th-November-2005, 10:58 AM
Whilst it's nice to see the little numbers go up, I prefer comments with my rep. :yeah:
The comments mean more to me than the points. The points are as much way of noticing if someone has repped me as anything else. I usually go back and see what post they are referring to (if relevant) and its esp nice when you get more than one person repping you for the same post.

For me its an indication that I am making some sort of contribution to the 'forum community' or that something I have said has either made someone smile, or rang true with them, or encouraged them in some way.:hug:

Ghost
4th-November-2005, 01:56 PM
Plus, people like David Franklin, Tiggerbabe etc. are probably under-represented here, because the rep scores got reset a year ago, so their accumulated reputation points up until then were ignored.
Ah that makes more sense.

I'm pretty sure people listen to Franck more than to ESG - and I know they listen to Franck more than to me.
Pretty much my train of thought. When I first started on the Forum I assumed rep represented how highly people valued the person's knowledge of Ceroc. So if Franck says something that seems completely wrong to me, his rep is an indication that maybe there's more to it than I currently understand. So rather than just dismiss it as rubbish, I'll query and try and see the bigger picture.

Rep's still not a bad indicator of Ceroc knowledge though, mainly because as far as I know, the people with high rep who aren't deeply knowledgeable in the ways of Ceroc don't pretend to be. :clap:

In fact, I think there's a bit of rep inflation at the moment - I wouldn't be too surprised (or in fact, saddened) if Franck reset them all again at the end of the year.
Presumably this would totally confuse new people to the site who think like me though. eg looking at Franck's info you'd see he's got lots of post but no / low rep. :confused:

That rep and power are a bit silly really?
But are they supposed to be?

Whilst it's nice to see the little numbers go up, I prefer comments with my rep.

The comments mean more to me than the points. The points are as much way of noticing if someone has repped me as anything else. I usually go back and see what post they are referring to (if relevant) and its esp nice when you get more than one person repping you for the same post.

For me its an indication that I am making some sort of contribution to the 'forum community' or that something I have said has either made someone smile, or rang true with them, or encouraged them in some way

:yeah:
These are the main reasons I give rep and indeed like to receive it (the actual numbers don't matter to me). But interestingly I think I'd actually prefer a power of 0 again so that I could give rep as much as I want. Still there's pms, but I don't actually want a power of 2+ simply because of the increasing limits on how many people you can rep. Does anyone else give rep for posts they read in the archives?

Take care,
Christopher

David Bailey
4th-November-2005, 04:11 PM
ASo rather than just dismiss it as rubbish, I'll query and try and see the bigger picture.
In my case, you're probably best going with your initial thought (hey, someone was going to say it).

. But interestingly I think I'd actually prefer a power of 0 again so that I could give rep as much as I want. Still there's pms, but I don't actually want a power of 2+ simply because of the increasing limits on how many people you can rep.
I think you'll find I was 100% wrong when I said that - apparently you can rep 10 people a day no matter what your power is.

Again, I refer you to the "assume DavidJames posts tat all the time" rule.

Ghost
4th-November-2005, 04:48 PM
What do the little green dots under Rep represent?
Thanks,
Christopher