PDA

View Full Version : 3 Wheeler car

dee
2nd-November-2005, 01:36 PM
Right i am so bl**dy annoyed with my neighbours daughter Rant! Rant! and more Rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

She has this awful 3 wheeler car and comes to visit her mother (my neighbour) every friday and goes home on a sunday night. We have a path outside our houses which she parks on but dare anyone park outside my house and she will come banging on my door as she thinks she can't get out as she has a "3 wheeler" and can't get off the path. She has enough room for a bus and im not even joking here.

My sister and the odd friend that comes to visit dreads it as you can guarantee she will come over banging on my door :mad: she has even stuck a notice now in the back of the car with the picture of the car saying "Don't park behind this vehicle" just thinking of it is making me cross.... :mad:

Can anyone suggest what i can do? as after all i have to live here, i have had soooo many rows over this with her i'm just getting fed up that no one can visit without her having a go at them :mad: :mad: she has the week off and is going to be here til sunday :mad: :mad: and more :mad:

HELP :tears: :tears: :mad:

LMC
2nd-November-2005, 01:45 PM
Presume by path you mean driveway?

If so, tell her to park on the road and you'll park on the drive.

If it's an actual path, she shouldn't be parked on it surely?

If she won't, try offering to see her out, to prove she *can* get out - if she's disturbing you anyway, this might at least help for next time.

dee
2nd-November-2005, 01:52 PM
I have my own drive way at the side of my house but out the front where she parks is a path, i was told by the police that as its a single track road she can park there infact i can park outside her house or anyones unless im obstructing there drive etc but she still comes knocking.. it really pi&&ing me off now as it's so not necessary

WittyBird
2nd-November-2005, 01:52 PM
tell her you always knew that clowns drove 3 wheelers :grin:
also ask her how many coupons from kelloggs she had to collect before she was sent her licence :rolleyes:

hope she doesnt drive on the same roads as me :rofl:

drathzel
2nd-November-2005, 01:59 PM
tell her you always knew that clowns drove 3 wheelers :grin:
also ask her how many coupons from kelloggs she had to collect before she was sent her licence :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl:

I would go for this one Dee! Short of telling her to go play with the buses. Altho the least antagonistic way would be to talk to her and explain that you are legally allowed to park there. If she cant get her car out of spaces, should she really be driving? Makes me worry who they put on the roads these days!

dee
2nd-November-2005, 02:14 PM

I would go for this one Dee! Short of telling her to go play with the buses. Altho the least antagonistic way would be to talk to her and explain that you are legally allowed to park there. If she cant get her car out of spaces, should she really be driving? Makes me worry who they put on the roads these days!

Yeah i know what you mean and im not sure if im right here but i also think you can drive a 3 wheeler on a provisional licence??

Well whatever as im :mad:

David Bailey
2nd-November-2005, 02:28 PM
[Wise mode = ON]
Dee, you're clearly in the right, legally and morally.

The trouble is, you're also clearly dealing with someone who's basically either a nutter or extremely immature, or both, and there's often no reasoning with these people (you didn't say how old she was?)

The other trouble is that this is a Dispute With Neighbour, and these are always nightmares - especially if they involve parking, people tend to get very worked-up over this at times. This is how feuds start, and this can ruin your quality of life, in a place where you want to be relaxed - your home.

Basically, you've got two choices:
- Accept this "restriction" as the price of peace, and move on with your life, at some point she'll grow up or whatever.
- Decide you have to do something about it.

If you want to do something, one only possibility is to talk to her mother about this, and tell her how upsetting it is to you and your friends? Is your relationship with her OK?

Or possibly (less likely this) demonstrate somehow that yes, a car can fit there and still not obstruct the space. But it sounds like the 3WD Woman is not likely to listen to reason...

I would very much avoid trying anything official or legal, that'd just escalate it.
[Wise mode = OFF]

Or you could just not answer the door, or invite a hulking bruiser to stay and let him answer the next time, see if that works.. :na:

spindr
2nd-November-2005, 02:33 PM
Hire a skip :devil:

Chef
2nd-November-2005, 02:40 PM
Wait until she parks her car.

Park your car where you normally park it.

Get a train and come away to our place for 4 days and dance around all the venues around here.

If when you get home on tuesday her car is still stuck in the same place then she may have a point.

If her car is gone then obviously she has found that neccesity is the mother of invention and that she can get her car out despite all her previous moaning.

azande
2nd-November-2005, 02:44 PM
Pour a bag of sugar in her fuel tank?

WittyBird
2nd-November-2005, 02:59 PM
Yeah i know what you mean and im not sure if im right here but i also think you can drive a 3 wheeler on a provisional licence??

Well whatever as im :mad:

You can drive a three wheeler on a motorbike license - otherwise usual rules with a provisional apply - need to have a qualified driver with you.

drathzel
2nd-November-2005, 03:31 PM
Pour a bag of sugar in her fuel tank?

I'm not parking near your house again!!!!:devil:

dee
2nd-November-2005, 04:08 PM
Hire a skip :devil:

You think along the same lines of my sister she said the same thing, but when i called these people i was told i have to put down a deposit before they would deliver :mad:

And as for the old lady next door she is a right old bag i have been accused of all sorts even to the extent that my cats are wild and have ripped up all her plants like, well I DONT THINK SO lady.

Reply to the lovely David james her daughter is in her early 40s she looks like a bloke dresses like a bloke and is still a virgin so she tells me :rofl: well there is no supprise there what with man looks, 3 wheeler and black teeth there was me thinking i was ugly :rofl:

drathzel
2nd-November-2005, 04:23 PM
Reply to the lovely David james her daughter is in her early 40s she looks like a bloke dresses like a bloke and is still a virgin so she tells me :rofl: well there is no supprise there what with man looks, 3 wheeler and black teeth there was me thinking i was ugly :rofl:

Gives us all hope doesnt it Dee!:clap:

Whitebeard
2nd-November-2005, 04:26 PM
She has this awful 3 wheeler car ......
You don't mention what make this is. Most peoples first thought would be Reliant Robbin, the subject of much derision, and maybe why you describe it as awful.

But there are a few enthusiasts machines which can be very desirable, if not practical, which are powered by motorcycle engines. They may also have a motorcycle gearbox and thus be without a reverse gear. One such is/was the Triking, and certainly early models had no reverse gear. Naturally owners of such a machine would have take particular care when parking.

If your neighbour has one of these she deserves some 'respect'.

David Bailey
2nd-November-2005, 04:30 PM
Reply to the lovely David james her daughter is in her early 40s
OK, so "waiting till she grows up" isn't an option then. :whistle:

Basically, it sounds like your problem is that you've got nasty neighbours - nutters, in other words.

And one of the symptoms of that problem is this car parking thing.

There's not a lot you can do about the problem, really, either do what you want and ignore her demands, or let her live her own nutty existence - but appeasement might not help with this sort of person, they may just perceive it as weakness and find something else to whinge about.

Maybe the "Big ugly bruiser opening the door" approach is the way to go, after all... :whistle:

Or you could move, of course.

Still, at least 3WD Woman visits her Mum regularly, ahhh... :)

drathzel
2nd-November-2005, 04:34 PM
But there are a few enthusiasts machines which can be very desirable, if not practical, which are powered by motorcycle engines. They may also have a motorcycle gearbox and thus be without a reverse gear. One such is/was the Triking, and certainly early models had no reverse gear. Naturally owners of such a machine would have take particular care when parking.

This could be the case, however, she would not have a sign in the back of her car asking people not to park behind her if she did not have reverse!

she has even stuck a notice now in the back of the car with the picture of the car saying "Don't park behind this vehicle"

Whitebeard
2nd-November-2005, 04:38 PM
This could be the case, however, she would not have a sign in the back of her car asking people not to park behind her if she did not have reverse!
Well spotted Dragon Girl !! ;-)

philsmove
2nd-November-2005, 04:39 PM
Invite some “friends” to park outside your house’ when they are about to go away’ on a long faraway holiday; promise them’ you will run them to and pick them up from the airport

“O’ dear I think they have taken the key with them”

drathzel
2nd-November-2005, 04:41 PM
Well spotted Dragon Girl !! ;-)

Stickler for the facts WB!

Dragon Girl???

LMC
2nd-November-2005, 04:49 PM
I like Chef's and philsmove's ideas :devil: - but I agree with DJ (bloody hell, that's twice in one day :really: :what: ) - your neighbours sound like nutters, so being awkward won't solve matters in the long term really.

I still think your best bet is to offer to 'spot' for her while she reverses out of the bus-size space that's been left for her - to prove to her that it can be done. Then the next time she knocks on the door you can point out that she reversed out last time, she can do it again.

Alternatively, pay off one of the local bad boys to torch her car so she buys something sensible with four wheels.

dee
2nd-November-2005, 04:52 PM
You don't mention what make this is. Most peoples first thought would be Reliant Robbin, the subject of much derision, and maybe why you describe it as awful.

It is ta Robin Reliant we are talking about G reg so not as old as my D reg cavalier, and it does have a reverse gear and a accelorator as she sits and revs it for an hour before going out no respect needed in this case as i hate that car as it causes me alot of hassle :mad: and more :mad:

Chef
2nd-November-2005, 04:56 PM
If ever the situation becomes intolerable and your desire to revenge overcomes you then don't do the sugar in the fuel tank thing. There won't be any doubt it would be deliberate and I think you would be the obvious suspect.

Try this instead. It will only work if the fuel tank or fuel line is lower than the carburettor.

Disconnect the fuel line from the carbarettor. Put a ball bearing down the fuel line (just slightly smaller than the fuel line) reconnect the fuel line. That's it.

The effect is that the vehicle will start and idle like normal. The brakes and steering and everything else will work as normal. Once the engine is running the fuel flow in the line will increase until it drives the ball bearing along the line and stops the fuel getting into the carbrettor. Very shortly after this the engine will stop. The ball bearing will run backwards down the fuel line allowing the carbrettor to fill again. After a few minutes the engine will start again. This process will repeat itself until they find out what is wrong.

They will probably fix an awful lot of things that were never wrong in the first place. The driver of the vehichle will probably find it frustrating having a vehicle that cuts out if it goes over about 35mph.

If they do take the fuel line off the the ball bearing will fall on the floor and be lost on the garage floor. They will be none the wiser. All they will know is that something they did has fixed the problem.

Even if you never did it to her three wheeler it is quite good thinking that you could.

Where is Rythm King when one needs an evil laugh?

LMC
2nd-November-2005, 04:59 PM
*makes mental note NEVER to annoy Chef*

:rofl:

I think you might be looking for something along the lines of Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, but I'm still learning...

dee
2nd-November-2005, 05:00 PM
Alternatively, pay off one of the local bad boys to torch her car so she buys something sensible with four wheels.

That was just what i was talking about earlier :rofl:

As for the bruiser guy i did that once and he got into a full blown arguement in the street. Why be like that? they never talk to me as they reckon im selfish like NOT!!! the daughter says i should give her a hand when she is gardening as she is older than me the list goes on.

I have thought about putting conkers up the exhaust pipe to blow the manafold. Im a nice girl really :innocent: maybe i should start paking there myself just to p*ss her off and put a sign on my window screen "don't park in front of this vehicle" :rofl: :mad:

dee
2nd-November-2005, 05:04 PM
Try this instead. It will only work if the fuel tank or fuel line is lower than the carburettor.

Disconnect the fuel line from the carbarettor. Put a ball bearing down the fuel line (just slightly smaller than the fuel line) reconnect the fuel line. That's it.

The effect is that the vehicle will start and idle like normal. The brakes and steering and everything else will work as normal. Once the engine is running the fuel flow in the line will increase until it drives the ball bearing along the line and stops the fuel getting into the carbrettor. Very shortly after this the engine will stop. The ball bearing will run backwards down the fuel line allowing the carbrettor to fill again. After a few minutes the engine will start again. This process will repeat itself until they find out what is wrong.

Where is Rythm King when one needs an evil laugh?

But would i not need to go under the bonnet for that? think i may well get spotted

stewart38
2nd-November-2005, 05:17 PM
I have my own drive way at the side of my house but out the front where she parks is a path, i was told by the police that as its a single track road she can park there infact i can park outside her house or anyones unless im obstructing there drive etc but she still comes knocking.. it really pi&&ing me off now as it's so not necessary

Am I being thick, and what do the police know re legal ??

ok you have a drive way and she does ? Does this path way lead to both of your houses ?? I assume it doesnt run past them both ??

A single track road (Ie cars drive up and down on it and under the Road Traffic act you would say it constitutes a road ?) Ie its not a public pathway there is no easement or restrictions/comments made in you deeds about it

I like legal stuff but sorry cant get a picture of the lay out :sad:

dee
2nd-November-2005, 05:34 PM
Am I being thick, and what do the police know re legal ??

ok you have a drive way and she does ? Does this path way lead to both of your houses ?? I assume it doesnt run past them both ??

A single track road (Ie cars drive up and down on it and under the Road Traffic act you would say it constitutes a road ?) Ie its not a public pathway there is no easement or restrictions/comments made in you deeds about it

I like legal stuff but sorry cant get a picture of the lay out :sad:

I have a drive she don't. There is a path either side of the road that is a single track that leads to a dead end.

Maybe i should post a pic so you can see for yourself what the problem is.

David Bailey
2nd-November-2005, 05:35 PM
:yeah: No kidding :eek:

stewart38
2nd-November-2005, 05:43 PM
I have a drive she don't. There is a path either side of the road that is a single track that leads to a dead end.

Maybe i should post a pic so you can see for yourself what the problem is.

Sorry I havent a clue now

assume you have drive to you left (right/ left doesnt matter) you can park a car or two cars on it ? behind each other

you have a road that runs in front of your and her house ,as you look from your house it runs from left to right and cars go by ??

However there is a 'path' on either side of road that leads to a dead end ???

so i assume the road is a dead end

is this cul de sac ???

picture please or am i the only one who hast got it :sad:

dee
2nd-November-2005, 05:56 PM
Sorry I havent a clue now

assume you have drive to you left (right/ left doesnt matter) you can park a car or two cars on it ? behind each other

you have a road that runs in front of your and her house ,as you look from your house it runs from left to right and cars go by ??

However there is a 'path' on either side of road that leads to a dead end ???

so i assume the road is a dead end

is this cul de sac ???

picture please or am i the only one who hast got it :sad:

Right this is the only pic i have of my house til tomorrow as its too dark outside to take one lets hope it helps??

You can only just see the said path though

Missy D
2nd-November-2005, 05:56 PM
Dee just reading this is getting me annoyed! I can just picture man woman sitting there reving the bloody whistle car up.

Come on its firework night! Lets get some of your local hoodies round to tip and torch it. You are far too nice! If it werent a 3 wheeler i would hotwire and steal it myself. But the thought of being caught driving such a heap would be awful. Anyone got a van to tow it away?

bobgadjet
2nd-November-2005, 05:59 PM
They will probably fix an awful lot of things that were never wrong in the first place. The driver of the vehichle will probably find it frustrating having a vehicle that cuts out if it goes over about 35mph.

Sorry Chef, I don't think that EXCELLENT idea will wok in this case, especially if the vehicle has to go over 35 mph :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really LOVE the idea tho.......HHHmmmmmmm..... "THINKS"...........HHHHHmmmmm, now who do I know needs this treatment:devil:
Anyway Dee, I think you will have to try the following............

Phone the Robin appreciation society and tell them there is a very desireable good condition G reg for sale at ......... address.... but it only there at w/e's and they have to knock on the door for more info.

You then wait for the queue to form and knock on HER door and ask HER to move as its blocking the path, and all the other robins are blocking the road.

With any luck one of them might make her an offer, and the problem is gone.

Alternatively treat her to a new car yourself, one that she can park on the road and leave the path clear.

OR you could put a notice in your back window "I HATE RELIANT ROBINS"

OR you could park of the path as the Police told you you could, before she gets there at the w/e, or get soembody else to, in a RR, a bright yellow one with black writing on the sides.

Good luck:cheers:

stewart38
2nd-November-2005, 06:02 PM
Right this is the only pic i have of my house til tomorrow as its too dark outside to take one lets hope it helps??

Nope !!

you have a house with a path way ,couldnt get a car down there or does it knock the hedge down ?

me thinks you go out tomorrow in the rain and take 7 or 8 pics so we get a clearer idea ? Get a helicopter to and take an Ariel shot (not surf it will look to wishy washy and doesnt work)

On a serious point am i the only person who cant picture this , if i am

go put a banana in her exhaust pipe

dee
2nd-November-2005, 06:04 PM
{ In gruff man voice }

I have a 3 Wheeler

Does anyone want to date this man woman as i can always tell you where she lives :rofl: nice car in the colour of fawn :rofl:

The funniest thing is, on the back she also has a sticker saying "short vehicle" :rofl: :rofl: and "Dog on board"

cheeks
2nd-November-2005, 06:06 PM
Place a for sale ad in local paper

Quoting:

Car for sale 3579

Price: Any reasonable offers

Reason for sale: Protection!:angry:

Summary
This car may appear small but the eye can deceive us as once inside you feel like your driving a bus:whistle:

Alternatively- every time she comes knocking at your door ignore her ,then if she insists call the police they will have to deal with it the more you call... and will prob only end up charging her with breech of the peace but you could push for harassment she'll get fed up before you do by the sounds of it babe.....(I'd still let the tyres down just to annoy her inthe mean time though:wink: )

bobgadjet
2nd-November-2005, 06:07 PM
Anyone got a van to tow it away?
Personally I like the Skip idea, but not sure what it would be for ?

Would you hire a skip to be in front of your house ?
Or to have it placed in her parking spot so she cant park ?

Or better still..........

Was the skip to put the damn thing in :rofl:

dee
2nd-November-2005, 06:07 PM
Nope !!

you have a house with a path way ,couldnt get a car down there or does it knock the hedge down ?

me thinks you go out tomorrow in the rain and take 7 or 8 pics so we get a clearer idea ? Get a helicopter to and take an Ariel shot (not surf it will look to wishy washy and doesnt work)

On a serious point am i the only person who cant picture this , if i am

go put a banana in her exhaust pipe

I think i know what it is Steward38, you just want me to invite you over here so you can park your car outside and have her knock on the door. I know your game anything to get hold of "The man Woman" but she is a virgin :innocent:

dee
2nd-November-2005, 06:10 PM
Cheeks i never thought of that, that is such a great idea :clap: lets hope no one catches me lowering myself to take a pic of the heap of s**t :hug:

bobgadjet
2nd-November-2005, 06:15 PM
but she is a virgin :innocent:
Vergin on the edge of insanity if you ask me.

My brother-in-law once drove into the back of one of those things at a set of traffic lights. The body shell popped open, straight down the middle "like popping a pea pod" is how he described it, leaving the old couple just sitting on a chassis.

The picture it gives in my mind always brings a smile to my face :rofl:

Does that give you any more ideas ?:whistle:

cheeks
2nd-November-2005, 06:19 PM
Cheeks i never thought of that, that is such a great idea :clap: lets hope no one catches me lowering myself to take a pic of the heap of s**t :hug:

If anyone catches you you just tell them you have always been curious as to how they balance with no air in the tyres........:whistle:

Good Luck keep us posted babe...x

dee
2nd-November-2005, 06:21 PM
Vergin on the edge of insanity if you ask me.

My brother-in-law once drove into the back of one of those things at a set of traffic lights. The body shell popped open, straight down the middle "like popping a pea pod" is how he described it, leaving the old couple just sitting on a chassis.

The picture it gives in my mind always brings a smile to my face :rofl:

Does that give you any more ideas ?:whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is so funny im falling off my chair here. maybe i should just hit it with my car im sure my old tank would just kill that thing :rofl: :rofl:

David Franklin
2nd-November-2005, 07:03 PM

To paraphrase a well known saying in science fiction:

Trouble rather the tiger in its lair than the scientist amongst his books. For to you kingdoms and armies are things mighty and enduring, while to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.

Rhythm King
2nd-November-2005, 07:13 PM
her daughter is in her early 40s she looks like a bloke dresses like a bloke and is still a virgin so she tells me :rofl: well there is no supprise there what with man looks, 3 wheeler and black teeth there was me thinking i was ugly :rofl:

She's only doing it coz she fancies you and wants a reason to come and see you:whistle:

And especially for Chef:

MUHURRHURRHURRHURRhurrhurr!

Lynn
2nd-November-2005, 09:17 PM
Try this instead... Oh boy, you have really evil side! :really:

And with all the attention to detail of a master villain! :rofl:

RogerR
2nd-November-2005, 10:09 PM
Her other car is a broomstick!

Park two cars side by side, that proves there is space for cars to pass! Bring a transit van in and get that past your car to prove there is room to get a van through

Locate a couple of wraps of coke and drop them in it. Put kerosene or Diesel in the fuel tank or just some thick lubricating oil - loadsa smoke.

Whitebeard
3rd-November-2005, 03:18 PM
Stickler for the facts WB!

Dragon Girl???
It's your forum name that sends my mind on weird journeys. And as for the avatar; that is seriously weird.

Hope your move goes well. What will you do about the lack of MJ ?

drathzel
3rd-November-2005, 03:20 PM
It's your forum name that sends my mind on weird journeys. And as for the avatar; that is seriously weird.

Hope your move goes well. What will you do about the lack of MJ ?

Fair enough! I tend to send peoples minds a bit weird if they spend to much time with me!

It will be fine, we have a little jive, a bit of swing and a lot of salsa, i'm sure i'll manage!:hug: :D

cheeks
3rd-November-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey Dee

To bring topic back on thread any more progress with the halfman/ half woman of a neighbour of yours?

:hug:

Chef
3rd-November-2005, 04:05 PM
To paraphrase a well known saying in science fiction:

[Quote]
Trouble rather the tiger in its lair than the scientist amongst his books. For to you kingdoms and armies are things mighty and enduring, while to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. [\quote]

I am quite nice really.

It is just that I am the son of and brother to truck drivers and my saturdays were spent getting some father time by working on my fathers vehicles. This little thing occured to me one day while working on the fuel system of a truck. Since my brother (9 years older than me) always used to beat me when racing beach buggies over the huge heaps of sand at the quarry I tried out the ball bearing in the fuel line thing on him. He didn't beat me that afternoon and spent bits of spare time during the whole week trying to work out what was wrong. He even tried palming the doctored buggy off on me. I took the ball bearing out and he was stunned that the car that had been useless all week ran just fine when he gave it to his 12 year old brother. I did tell him about my little prank - 12 years later.

The more complicated a machine is and the better you understand it the more subtle and elegant ways can be developed for covertly stopping it.

I am quite nice really but as I spend long loney hours in my lab I feel my malevolent side wanting to burst out. Must keep control.

MUHURRHURR HURRHURR hurrhurr!

(Rhthym King does that last bit much better than I do. You should keep an eye on him. It's the quiet ones that you have to watch)

David Franklin
3rd-November-2005, 04:22 PM
I am quite nice really but as I spend long loney hours in my lab I feel my malevolent side wanting to burst out. Must keep control.

MUHURRHURR HURRHURR hurrhurr!I always prefer MWAHAHAR! myself - a true mad scientist needs a 'W' (or is that a Dubya?).

(Rhthym King does that last bit much better than I do. You should keep an eye on him. It's the quiet ones that you have to watch)What are we doing this evening RK?

The same thing we do every evening Chef, plotting to take over the world!

They're Chef and Rhythm K,
Chef and Rhythm K,
Beware the Mad Scientist,
who dances MJ...

drathzel
3rd-November-2005, 04:24 PM
The same thing we do every evening Chef, plotting to take over the world!

They're Chef and Rhythm K,
Chef and Rhythm K,
Beware the Mad Scientist,
who dances MJ...

:rofl: :rofl: very good, have rep!

dee
3rd-November-2005, 04:47 PM
Hey Dee

To bring topic back on thread any more progress with the halfman/ half woman of a neighbour of yours?

:hug:

:rofl: :rofl: man woman :rofl: no news except she got an Argos delivery lorry to move incase she wanted to go out, there was a big argument in the road until he moved it, some people eh??

stewart38
3rd-November-2005, 05:01 PM

will you be posting new pics soon :grin:

dee
3rd-November-2005, 05:05 PM
will you be posting new pics soon :grin:

I will be soon poss tomorrow, i dont have a camera but will take it with my phone just for you :flower:

WARNING!!

Pic my include the 3 Wheeler

cheeks
3rd-November-2005, 05:19 PM
:rofl: :rofl: man woman :rofl: no news except she got an Argos delivery lorry to move incase she wanted to go out, there was a big argument in the road until he moved it, some people eh??

Oh my god some people she seems to think she's something special ....it just gets crazy as to why even the argos lorry didn't hit her....the car I mean not her :whistle:

On a serious note I think her problem really relates to her lack of social skills and due the difficulties finds thats she gets attention although negative through arguments over the car and parking...to all of us its a bit mad but lots of people find communication of any kind better than none......:flower:

She would quite possibly not know what to do if people didn't argue or engage in this with her and instead spoke nicely to her maybe worth a try!!!!

Missy D
3rd-November-2005, 06:56 PM
Right Dee I have the answer we tow the car to the town centre Put it in Friars Square. Cover it in cement and say its a giant whistle in the name of art. No one would think it were a car! What do ya think?

drathzel
3rd-November-2005, 07:38 PM
Right Dee I have the answer we tow the car to the town centre Put it in Friars Square. Cover it in cement and say its a giant whistle in the name of art. No one would think it were a car! What do ya think?

Want to wait till 6 oclock on Sat and do it! I could come along tee hee!:rofl: :devil:

dee
3rd-November-2005, 09:23 PM
Oh my god some people she seems to think she's something special ....it just gets crazy as to why even the argos lorry didn't hit her....the car I mean not her :whistle:

On a serious note I think her problem really relates to her lack of social skills and due the difficulties finds thats she gets attention although negative through arguments over the car and parking...to all of us its a bit mad but lots of people find communication of any kind better than none......:flower:

She would quite possibly not know what to do if people didn't argue or engage in this with her and instead spoke nicely to her maybe worth a try!!!!

Do you know i think you are right?? it does always seem her and her mother are out for an argument neither of them have spoken to me only though arguing. I remember one day i was out the front and the mother came out to walk the dog i said hi she just grunted, the following day i saw her walking really slow like she was in pain i asked if she was ok, her reply was she was now 60 and an oap so no longer can she walk the dog or mow the grass. That sort of behaviour makes me cross.:angry:

And to think the man woman is going the same way as she thinks SHE too struggles with the garden as she is older than me, what age has to do with it i dont know, to think she is only 42. Shame all this goes on as it's quite a nice place to live really.

As for the argument with the 3 wheeler im sure if she got a life and not just revolve it around her mother she would maybe be a better person but i guess that will never happen. Right then sis and Drathzel 6pm sat it is :rofl:

drathzel
3rd-November-2005, 10:29 PM
Right then sis and Drathzel 6pm sat it is :rofl:

Woo hoo! Just dont tell my bf... is a copper!:devil:

cheeks
4th-November-2005, 05:32 PM

:yeah: :worthy: :rofl:

bobgadjet
4th-November-2005, 06:21 PM

errrrmmmmmmmm

Does anybody think it's a car in the first place then ?:whistle:

dee
5th-November-2005, 10:47 AM
errrrmmmmmmmm

Does anybody think it's a car in the first place then ?:whistle:

Probably not :rofl: :rofl:

Right i have just taken some pics with my phone watch this space

dee
5th-November-2005, 11:00 AM
Right here goes

These are some pics just for Stewart38 and anyone else that is interested in the 3 wheeler. As you can see there is plenty of room to fit a bus outside my house and still have plenty of room to get in and out.

dee
5th-November-2005, 11:01 AM
Hope it helps you all get a clearer picture of the problem :flower:

David Bailey
5th-November-2005, 11:43 AM
Right here goes

These are some pics just for Stewart38 and anyone else that is interested in the 3 wheeler. As you can see there is plenty of room to fit a bus outside my house and still have plenty of room to get in and out.
Good grief! I thought you were exaggerating about the bus.

OK, it's probably a silly question, but why doesn't she park at the back of that drive thing if she's worried about people parking behind her? (Obviously, the answer to this and all similar rational questions is "Because she's a nutter", but have you asked her?)

Or, maybe you could park in that space at the front to pre-empt her. :)

Seriously, I'm sticking with my original advice; she's a nutter, there's nothing sensible you can do to change her nutter-dom, if it wasn't this it'd be something else. So there may not be much you can do to "solve" this, because the solution is "her being rational", which probably isn't going to happen. Sorry...

Andy McGregor
5th-November-2005, 12:03 PM
The 3 wheeler car is a red herring. The problem you have is that you have a neighbour who complains when you park your car legally. This neighbour is the problem, not her daughter. The neighbour is behaving unreasonably so it's a waste of time talking with her. My advice is to speak with the daughter and tell her your troubles. She might have a solution to offer. If she can't provide a solution then your other options are limited. If it was me I'd tell the neighbour to leave me alone, stop bothering me and complain to the police if she thought I'd committed an offence - after all, you're not getting on with her anyway. What have you got to lose?

p.s. When I had a motorbike licence in the late 70s I owned a 3 wheeler called a Bond Bug (http://www.bondbug.com/). It was orange and very scary on corners - but slightly safer than motor bikes of the era with drum brakes :eek:

dee
5th-November-2005, 12:29 PM
The 3 wheeler car is a red herring. The problem you have is that you have a neighbour who complains when you park your car legally. This neighbour is the problem, not her daughter. The neighbour is behaving unreasonably so it's a waste of time talking with her. My advice is to speak with the daughter and tell her your troubles. She might have a solution to offer. If she can't provide a solution then your other options are limited. If it was me I'd tell the neighbour to leave me alone, stop bothering me and complain to the police if she thought I'd committed an offence - after all, you're not getting on with her anyway. What have you got to lose?

p.s. When I had a motorbike licence in the late 70s I owned a 3 wheeler called a Bond Bug (http://www.bondbug.com/). It was orange and very scary on corners - but slightly safer than motor bikes of the era with drum brakes :eek:

They are both a problem, it's the daughter's 3 wheeler. I never thought of telling her her to call the police if i have caused an offence, and yeah you are right in saying i have nothing to lose as they don't talk to me anyway, sound advice thanks :flower: my sister is coming over tomorrow so will be parking outside my house so i will keep you posted as to the outcome.

She tells me she has to bump her car up the kerb on my side or the car could tip she has done it before i'm almost certain they just like to argue with anyone as they have nothing better to do. People like that make me so cross :angry: but guess i could have worse like a neighbour that plays loud misic all day :hug:

Lory
5th-November-2005, 02:45 PM
I love this thread and been watching it with great amusement... and the message is clear...

:cool: DON'T MESS WITH A FORMUMITE:cool: :cool:

Seriously though, I know from bitter experience how horrible it is to have a dispute with neighbours:sad: .... Ours decided to take us to court over a 2year dispute over boundries but they came unstuck in the end as WE WON :clap: (in fact the judge almost laughed at the ridiculousness of the case, as we were so clearly in the right) we received 5k compensation :na: but i'd have happily paid 5k not to suffer the 2years of aggravation in the first place.:rolleyes:

On face value our neighbours looked like 'pillars of society', going to church every Sunday and belonging to all sorts of local clubs, etc. and they were the type who involved everyone else in their business and painted us in a very bad light. :tears:

I could have very easily given in under pressure :blush: but my husband is bloodier minded than me and stuck to his guns :waycool: but he had to reassure me constantly that we were definitely in the right, proving the facts to me, over and over, I must have been hell to live with as I suffered from terrible anxiety while it was going on:sick:

(we don't live there anymore)

So anyway, for what its worth Dee, I showed Steve the pics and he said very simply, just tell 'em to F*ck off! ;)

But Dee, please do me a huge favour and keep your camera handy, just in case it does roll over! :devil: :rofl:

dee
5th-November-2005, 09:12 PM
So anyway, for what its worth Dee, I showed Steve the pics and he said very simply, just tell 'em to F*ck off! ;)

But Dee, please do me a huge favour and keep your camera handy, just in case it does roll over! :devil: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: That is so funny tell Steve thanks for the advice i did that once and was accused of all sorts:sick:

Will keep the camera handy just incase i do see it accidently tip over outside my house :innocent: :rofl:

Mary
6th-November-2005, 12:09 AM
:rofl: :rofl: That is so funny tell Steve thanks for the advice i did that once and was accused of all sorts:sick:

Will keep the camera handy just incase i do see it accidently tip over outside my house :innocent: :rofl:

Be a great shame if it did tip over. :devil:

I'm away for a week but I want to know what happens next.:D

M

dee
19th-November-2005, 09:31 AM
{Rant mode on}

There is me lying in bed dreaming of Foxy and his wiggle zzzzzzzzz

Then BRUM BRUM BRUM the 3 bl**dy wheeler starts up, thinking it will go in 10 mins max but oh bl**dy no !!!!!! half hour later still revving loudly as a 3 wheeler does. I go under the duvet and can still hear the insult to the car world.

So i get up have a cup of tea to hear the front door slam and guess what? yes you got it the 3 wheeler is left running while man woman goes indoors:angry: so here i am on the forum having a rant, i can still hear the bl**dy 3 wheeler.

Can she do this sort of thing? i thought it would cause polution problems in my area?. I'm seriously thinking of paying the local hoodies to tip it as it is causing me lots of grief :angry: i think tonight i'm going to stick a potatoes up the exhaust :angry:

Well as i sign off it's STILL running and my blood preasure is getting higher. I have even advertised my house this week as is all starting to get me down

{Rant mode on for the day}

car still running an hour later ah ah bl**dy ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missy D
19th-November-2005, 09:44 AM
{Rant mode on}

There is me lying in bed dreaming of Foxy and his wiggle zzzzzzzzz

Then BRUM BRUM BRUM the 3 bl**dy wheeler starts up, thinking it will go in 10 mins max but oh bl**dy no !!!!!! half hour later still revving loudly as a 3 wheeler does. I go under the duvet and can still hear the insult to the car world.

So i get up have a cup of tea to hear the front door slam and guess what? yes you got it the 3 wheeler is left running while man woman goes indoors:angry: so here i am on the forum having a rant, i can still hear the bl**dy 3 wheeler.

Can she do this sort of thing? i thought it would cause polution problems in my area?. I'm seriously thinking of paying the local hoodies to tip it as it is causing me lots of grief :angry: i think tonight i'm going to stick a potatoes up the exhaust :angry:

Well as i sign off it's STILL running and my blood preasure is getting higher. I have even advertised my house this week as is all starting to get me down

{Rant mode on for the day}

car still running an hour later ah ah bl**dy ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i were not working today Dee I would come down and take my anger out on this so called piece of sh*t. At the moment there would be no stopping me. I must calm down and be fairy like as gays and lesbians await my services (in the name of art of course).

Cruella
19th-November-2005, 10:12 AM
If the engines running, the keys are still in the ignition! Go and turn the engine off! If she asks what the hell you're doing just tell her you were trying to save her petrol. :whistle:

Andy McGregor
19th-November-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm sure that the 1977 version of the Highway Code that I memorised said that it was an offence to leave the engine running on a vehicle and leave it unattended on a public highway. And as a traffic warden told me when I parked on the pavement, that's part of the highway. Call the police if it happens again, children could get in the car and drive it away to tragic consequences :tears:

.. or make a petrol bomb :devil:

dee
19th-November-2005, 10:47 AM
If the engines running, the keys are still in the ignition! Go and turn the engine off! If she asks what the hell you're doing just tell her you were trying to save her petrol. :whistle:

Fantastic!!! :rofl: :rofl:

She was out there for an hour and 35 mins in the end :angry: so glad she only comes at the weekend or i may just became "neighbour from hell" :angry:

DavidY
19th-November-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm sure that the 1977 version of the Highway Code that I memorised said that it was an offence to leave the engine running on a vehicle and leave it unattended on a public highway.I had the same thought. In the current highway code (http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/22.htm) it says:
If you have to stop on the road side ~SNIP~
you MUST switch off the engine, headlights and fog lightsHowever I'm not sure what counts as the "road side"

philsmove
19th-November-2005, 11:51 AM
try this link

http://www.nfh.org.uk/

But believe me she could be worse, a lot worse

Andy McGregor
19th-November-2005, 03:07 PM
try this link

http://www.nfh.org.uk/

But believe me she could be worse, a lot worseGo to this (http://www.nfh.org.uk/law/noise_and_statutory_nuisance_act_1993/index.php#2) section and look at the bit that offers noise abatement notices for "(b) arises from noise emitted from or caused by an unattended vehicle or unattended machinery or equipment, the abatement notice shall be served in accordance with subsection (2) below." It sounds like the people writing this legislation know your neighbour :wink:

Asif
20th-November-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi Dee - i've just been reading this thread and, although it is obviously a very serious issue, i can't help but finding some of the suggestions from the other forumites very funny, especially chefs (got a bag of ball-bearings at the ready :whistle: ).

On a more sensible note - i've looked at your photos and i think i can see a solution to his/her "unreasonable" requests. Having a single wheel at the front of the car will make it more unstable if going off a pavements forwards, hence her need to reverse off the pavement. Also, i'm not an expert on these cars but i imagine they don't have a very good turning circle, hence the "need" to have LOADS of space behind when trying to reverse off the pavement.

A possible solution is ........ tell him/her to park the car facing the other direction, leaving as much room as he/she needs to reverse off (without hitting that tree). This means that anyone parking in your space would not cause any problem then as he/she would not be wanting to go forwards.

Can i come round and visit you and park in the other space when your neighbours daughter is over? I want to meet this man/woman with the black teeth and see if he/she is really as ugly as you say. I can make this suggestion to him/her and, if he/she doesn't at least try it, then I'll also have some other "carefully selected but choice suggestions" to make. :really:

If he/she is there TODAY, call me (***** *******) and i'll come over! :nice:

Gojive
21st-November-2005, 01:03 AM
Another suggestion....design a leaflet on your computer, and slip it under her it's windscreen wipers, with the following offer:

"Free wheel balancing and exhaust checks at your local Kwik-Fit garage. Just turn up, and place your vehicle over the nearest free inspection pit"....

:)

WittyBird
21st-November-2005, 01:14 AM
If he/she is there TODAY, call me (***** *******) and i'll come over! :nice:

Hey Dee you've pulled get your coat :wink: Oh and if you want it I have Asif's number that I will happily give to you along with his address etc :whistle: And if you want your men vetting I'm sure I can do some reference checks :rofl:

Asif... surely you can do better than that! Blatant tartism :rofl: - surely a PM would've been better :clap: 10/10 for trying tho :worthy:

dee
21st-November-2005, 11:01 AM
Hey Dee you've pulled get your coat :wink: Oh and if you want it I have Asif's number that I will happily give to you along with his address etc :whistle: And if you want your men vetting I'm sure I can do some reference checks :rofl:

Asif... surely you can do better than that! Blatant tartism :rofl: - surely a PM would've been better :clap: 10/10 for trying tho :worthy:

Asif made a big mistake and thought he was pm ing me :rofl: hence the number etc on the forum. And they say im blonde. Twas very nice of you Asif so if you want to come over and check man woman out pm me when you are free of a weekend and i will sort it out :flower:

Love Go Jives' offer :rofl: that would be fab. Maybe i could design a "police aware" sticker. Really though i think i will ask the local riff raff if they fancy tipping it over in the street for a payment. Watch this space :devil:

WittyBird
21st-November-2005, 01:40 PM
Asif made a big mistake and thought he was pm ing me :rofl: hence the number etc on the forum. And they say im blonde. Twas very nice of you Asif so if you want to come over and check me out I would really appreciate it. Its been a long time and male company such as yours would be lovely, I can get a bottle or 3 of wine and we could chat by the fire for hours now how does that sound? :whistle:

Think you've pulled Asif...:worthy:

*you can now all refer to me as cupidbird please*

dee
21st-November-2005, 01:58 PM
Think you've pulled Asif...:worthy:

refer to me as cillabird please

Young lady what are you like?

so how about it Asif :whistle:

may have to skip the fire, but i do have a nice radiator :rofl:

Asif
21st-November-2005, 02:19 PM
Hey Dee you've pulled get your coat :wink: Oh and if you want it I have Asif's number that I will happily give to you along with his address etc :whistle:
Err...hmm....missey! Don't forget my client confidentiality - can't have you giving out my details to all and sundry! :really:

Asif made a big mistake and thought he was pm ing me :rofl: hence the number etc on the forum. And they say im blonde. Twas very nice of you Asif so if you want to come over and check man woman out pm me when you are free of a weekend and i will sort it out :flower:
I used to be blonde ..... once .... :what:

may have to skip the fire, but i do have a nice radiator :rofl:
Hmmmm .... "Warmed up marshmallows from a radiator" doesn't have quite the same appeal as "Toasted marshmallows on a open fire" but hey, beggars can't be choosers! Maybe the weekend after next then if you're free. :wink:

dee
21st-November-2005, 02:35 PM
Hmmmm .... "Warmed up marshmallows from a radiator" doesn't have quite the same appeal as "Toasted marshmallows on a open fire" but hey, beggars can't be choosers! Maybe the weekend after next then if you're free. :wink:

I will go one better than the open fire. How about we set fire to the 3 wheeler? i will supply the matches, you bring along the marshmallows :drool:

Cruella
21st-November-2005, 02:37 PM
Err...hmm....missey! Don't forget my client confidentiality - can't have you giving out my details to all and sundry! :really:

I used to be blonde ..... once .... :what:

Dee and Asif sitting in a tree,
K. I. S. S. I. N. G,
etc etc.......
Sorry, the child in me couldn't resist it!

WittyBird
21st-November-2005, 02:39 PM

:yeah: Wouldn't dream of it :rofl:

Asif
21st-November-2005, 03:32 PM
I will go one better than the open fire. How about we set fire to the 3 wheeler? i will supply the matches, you bring along the marshmallows :drool:
:rofl: Brilliant!!! :rofl:

I'll even bring along some old iron railings to throw on top of the car and turn it into a makeshift barbeque!

dee
10th-March-2006, 07:58 PM
I'll even bring along some old iron railings to throw on top of the car and turn it into a makeshift barbeque!

Right Asif your on.

I have not posted on here for a while as things kind of calmed down apart from the constance revving for hours on end, til today :mad:

I waited in ALL day for a new washing machine to come, and an hour before the 3 wheeler was due to arrive next door came out to ask how long the lorry was going to be (cheeky cow) anyway long story but man couldn't deliver it as i didn't disconnect old one and his mate was off sick so he drove off :mad:

A friend called and offered to disconnect it for me and will come now ready for next week when it comes back. He parked outside my house and 3 wheeler came down the road sat outside revving, her mum came out and they were shouting "im going to get split tyres"etc she said i have no respect for others and im selfish :mad: she never said a thing to my friend when he left but while we were out there she stuck a big notice in her car about not parking behind the car, im really tempted to tell her to f off as ive just about had it with it all should i just go park my car there? after all it is outside MY house.

Asif if you would like to come over for that bar be? let me know :flower: infact why dont i just throw a forumite party and we can all toast the 3 wheeler :flower:

FirstMove
11th-March-2006, 07:48 PM
I'll bring the paper-plates, baps and Molatov cocktail :clap:.

Lucy Locket
12th-March-2006, 11:07 AM
What Time????????????

Asif
13th-March-2006, 06:14 PM
Right Asif your on.

I have not posted on here for a while as things kind of calmed down apart from the constance revving for hours on end, til today :mad:

I waited in ALL day for a new washing machine to come, and an hour before the 3 wheeler was due to arrive next door came out to ask how long the lorry was going to be (cheeky cow) anyway long story but man couldn't deliver it as i didn't disconnect old one and his mate was off sick so he drove off :mad:

A friend called and offered to disconnect it for me and will come now ready for next week when it comes back. He parked outside my house and 3 wheeler came down the road sat outside revving, her mum came out and they were shouting "im going to get split tyres"etc she said i have no respect for others and im selfish :mad: she never said a thing to my friend when he left but while we were out there she stuck a big notice in her car about not parking behind the car, im really tempted to tell her to f off as ive just about had it with it all should i just go park my car there? after all it is outside MY house.

Asif if you would like to come over for that bar be? let me know :flower: infact why dont i just throw a forumite party and we can all toast the 3 wheeler :flower:
How on earth can she say you've got no respect for others when ALL YOU ARE DOING IS PARKING OUTSIDE YOU OWN HOUSE!!! I would tell her to f**k off - politely - and get a life (and maybe a better car, preferably one with four wheels).

I'm up for the barby, anytime. Will bring metal gates and marshmallows. :wink:

dee
13th-March-2006, 07:32 PM
How on earth can she say you've got no respect for others when ALL YOU ARE DOING IS PARKING OUTSIDE YOU OWN HOUSE!!! I would tell her to f**k off - politely - and get a life (and maybe a better car, preferably one with four wheels).

I'm up for the barby, anytime. Will bring metal gates and marshmallows. :wink:

You will laugh, the 3 wheeler sat outside as she always does revving for an hour 3 hours before she is actually due to go home. She finally went and two hours later i was woken up by a noisey lorry outside my house, i looked outside and to my horror i saw the 3 wheeler on the back of an AA lorry :rofl: can't understand why they didn't take her home :confused: i wish i'd had a camera to post a pick that would of been really funny. Anytime you want that barbe let me know. I do have a little cunning plan in hope it may sort out this annoying situation :devil: will keep you posted :flower:

philsmove
13th-March-2006, 07:45 PM
I think, I may have a solution

dee
14th-March-2006, 09:25 PM
:yeah: :rofl: :rofl:

Now where do i buy a tank :confused:

philsmove
15th-March-2006, 08:57 AM
:yeah: :rofl: :rofl:

Now where do i buy a tank :confused:

http://www.tanksforsale.co.uk/BMP1/BMP1.htm