PDA

View Full Version : Younger dancers.

BobbyA
2nd-November-2005, 12:54 PM
I've been dancing for quite some time now. Almost 2 years and i still find that most people i dance with are not my age (24). They are usually at least 35+. Where abouts in the country (southern half). Would i find more dancers of my age (in freestyles).

TiggsTours
2nd-November-2005, 12:55 PM
I've been dancing for quite some time now. Almost 2 years and i still find that most people i dance with are not my age (24). They are usually at least 35+. Where abouts in the country (southern half). Would i find more dancers of my age (in freestyles).
London.

David Bailey
2nd-November-2005, 01:14 PM
To somewhat expand on TTs answer, I think Central London is more likely to have a younger crowd than out in the 'burbs. So that'd be venues such as ISH, on Tuesdays in Great Portland Street, Jive Bar on Wednesdays, places like that.

Dizzy
2nd-November-2005, 01:14 PM
London.

:yeah:

or try going to the dance weekenders like Camber in a couple of weeks, as the younger dancers will tend to go to these events more.

BobbyA
2nd-November-2005, 01:15 PM
Cool.. Well i spose i'll have to stick with the london stuff.. Tho something a lil closer to home would be nicer.

Ho hum..

robd
2nd-November-2005, 01:26 PM
Try encouraging more of your peers to come along?

Ickle Chick'n
2nd-November-2005, 01:27 PM
Cool.. Well i spose i'll have to stick with the london stuff.. Tho something a lil closer to home would be nicer.

Ho hum..
How about Bristol chick'n? There are a few youngers there, and of course the lovely Exeter, fair few there on a Thursday and at the freestyles at weekends...

Then there's weekends as dizzy said, Warmwell (partyweekender.com I think and there's one in Wales somewhere) is fairly basic for an introduction to weekenders but there is a great group of us young things there, well I'm trying to include myself in your age bracket too!:na:

TiggsTours
2nd-November-2005, 01:27 PM

Ho hum..
Seeing as all you've said is you live in the lower half of the country, and London is pretty much in the middle of that general area, where do you mean by closer?

Are you in Sussex, Hampshire, Devon, Cornwall, Essex, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Surrey.........? The southern half is quite a large area!

Ickle Chick'n
2nd-November-2005, 01:30 PM
Seeing as all you've said is you live in the lower half of the country, and London is pretty much in the middle of that general area, where do you mean by closer?

Are you in Sussex, Hampshire, Devon, Cornwall, Essex, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Surrey.........? The southern half is quite a large area!

Hee hee, his profile sez Cardiff:whistle:

Dizzy
2nd-November-2005, 01:31 PM

I think he is talking about around the Cardiff area Tigg :whistle:

Cruella
2nd-November-2005, 01:31 PM

Well his profile says Cardiff!
Look at that 3 great minds think alike.

DavidY
2nd-November-2005, 02:15 PM
Are you in Sussex, Hampshire, Devon, Cornwall, Essex, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Surrey.........? The southern half is quite a large area!They are also in the southern half of a different country to the one BobbyA is in. :wink:

Misty
2nd-November-2005, 02:18 PM

Clifton Leroc do a class at Bristol University on Thursdays. I've never been but I'd guess it has more younger dancers (although it's not just open to students). Don't know if they have many freestyles of their own. Have a look at www.cliftonleroc.co.uk/university.htm for more information.

Cornish Pixie
2nd-November-2005, 02:45 PM
Definitely London as i found out the other day,couldnt believe how much lower the average age is, also as ickle chickn said exeter seems to have a large number aroud your age with a few younger- including meself.

clevedonboy
2nd-November-2005, 03:16 PM
Is that Blaster calling?

Along the lines of what Misty said - Clifton is a younger profile on a monday than any of the other Bristol area classes, but that doesn't really translate to who goes to the dances - especially as Clifton won't be running a freestyle (apart from the winter ball) until 2006.

I would ask why you're after younger women to dance with but i won't embarass you :blush:

Mr Wiggle

Gojive
2nd-November-2005, 06:13 PM
Try encouraging more of your peers to come along?

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

It may be a bit of a battle to persuade them at first, but it's mighty rewarding when you drag someone along, and they end up getting hooked! :waycool:

animaltalk
2nd-November-2005, 07:17 PM
I went to the Clifton Leroc and Bristol uni classes for 5 years when I was there. GOod teaching, friendly atmosphere. There used to be a coach load of Cardiff people that came over to the freestyles (Elmgorve, Bristol).

Sadly you'll always be in the minority, I found younger (less friendly) people when I went along to Salsa. Yes london has a younger crowd, but it still isn't huge.
The situation is improving rapidly as younger people come along.
Perhaps you could persuade the Cardiff teachers to do more promoting at the uni, that is perhaps the best way of getting people along.

Nick

dee
2nd-November-2005, 07:26 PM

All of a sudden i feel rather old

Where's me zimmer mavis?

philsmove
2nd-November-2005, 07:41 PM
As mentioned Clifton LeRoc on a Monday has more younger dances than other classes in Bristol ages very between
18 to 60 +

ElaineB
2nd-November-2005, 09:11 PM
Is that Blaster calling?

Along the lines of what Misty said - Clifton is a younger profile on a monday than any of the other Bristol area classes, but that doesn't really translate to who goes to the dances - especially as Clifton won't be running a freestyle (apart from the winter ball) until 2006.

I would ask why you're after younger women to dance with but i won't embarass you :blush:

Mr Wiggle

Yes, Mr B - Clifton Le Roc (Mondays) do have some younger dancers who are allowed in :whistle: and the University on a Thursday should also be to your liking! :D :whistle:

Elaine

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
3rd-November-2005, 12:50 AM

Come up to JJ's in Glasgow and dance with me! i'm 18, is that young enough? :innocent: :whistle:

Baruch
3rd-November-2005, 10:22 PM
I've been dancing for quite some time now. Almost 2 years and i still find that most people i dance with are not my age (24).
Actually, now I think about it, it's quite odd that I'm 9 years older than Bobby and yet I'm still on the younger end of the age scale for dancers in Cardiff!

(Not that I've ever danced with Bobby though - I suspect neither of us would be any good at following!)