PDA

View Full Version : 4th/5th/6th November

Cruella
31st-October-2005, 11:35 AM
Usual weekly thread. Who's doing what. Doesn't seem to be much on. Fri - Ealing or Bedford. Sat - Oxford Halloween dance (on Guy Fawkes night?) Any more?

stewart38
31st-October-2005, 11:42 AM
Usual weekly thread. Who's doing what. Doesn't seem to be much on. Fri - Ealing or Bedford. Sat - Oxford Halloween dance (on Guy Fawkes night?) Any more?

Yes Woking have a Hallowean dance on guy falks night as well :whistle:

perhaps Hallowean now lasts for 2 weeks ??

senorita
31st-October-2005, 12:12 PM

plz tell me wots on sat & sunday if u know of anything :nice: :flower:
I know that the thread say's sat or sun :whistle: BUT to answer your question...friday I'll be at Bedford corn ex :hug:

Zebra Woman
31st-October-2005, 12:18 PM
Yes Woking have a Hallowean dance on guy falks night as well :whistle:

perhaps Hallowean now lasts for 2 weeks ??

Reading that I'm expecting 'baby food' music there then. :whistle:

I think I'm going to give the Bedford Corn Exchange a whirl. It's been well over a year since I've been there. And BigD mentioned a tango song with a long break in it was played at Bedford the other day, so I'm hoping for some slower and interesting music.

What are my chances?

ZW:flower:

tsh
31st-October-2005, 12:19 PM
Warmwell for me...

Sean

stewart38
31st-October-2005, 12:22 PM
so I'm hoping for some slower and interesting music.

What are my chances?

You seem to be seeking out slower and slower music is this age creeping up on you :wink:

show me the way to Amarillo THUD THUD , THUD THUD :yeah: :clap: :clap:

David Bailey
31st-October-2005, 12:23 PM
I think I'm going to give the Bedford Corn Exchange a whirl.
Hmmm... got any details (web site?) for that?

senorita
31st-October-2005, 12:27 PM
Hmmm... got any details (web site?) for that?

http://www.ceroccentral.com/cgi-bin/public/view.cgi?template=layouts/template.tpll&dis_pg=freestyles_list

hope that helps..??

Let us girls know if ur making a trip to costa del Bedford....we will get the red carpet out for you :D :clap:

Danger Mouse
31st-October-2005, 12:30 PM

Cruella, I'm confused :confused: or stupid :innocent: or maybe both :confused: :innocent:, but I can not see this advertised anywhere? Can you point me to a web site? or something :nice:

David Bailey
31st-October-2005, 12:32 PM
http://www.ceroccentral.com/cgi-bin/public/view.cgi?template=layouts/template.tpll&dis_pg=freestyles_list

hope that helps..??
Thanks, but the "details" on that site are:
"Friday 04 November 2005
bedford (mk40 1sl)
the corn exchange, st paul's square"

Oh good, that's nice and comprehensive. Pretty much what I expect from Ceroc Central :rolleyes:

Any ideas about times? DJs? Price? Etc...

Oh, and checking lyndaslist, I see that Cheshunt is also on this Friday - DWAS comp time again. Err, I knew that, of course. Ahem. :blush:

senorita
31st-October-2005, 12:38 PM
Thanks, but the "details" on that site are:
"Friday 04 November 2005
bedford (mk40 1sl)
the corn exchange, st paul's square"

Oh good, that's nice and comprehensive. Pretty much what I expect from Ceroc Central :rolleyes:

Any ideas about times? DJs? Price? Etc...

Oh, and checking lyndaslist, I see that Cheshunt is also on this Friday - DWAS comp time again. Err, I knew that, of course. Ahem. :blush:

ERr hmmm it says at the bottom of that page..:whistle:
General Freestyle Notes

Unless stated otherwise:-

standard format
event runs 7.45 pm - 12.30 am
beginners at 8.00 pm
"intermediate" at 9.00 pm

admission
admission to all weekend freestyle events: £8.00
(concessions available)..only if your an old O.A.P with the intial of DJ :rofl:

Please note: the phrase "Intermediate class" for a weekend event can cover a "multitude of sins"(!). Go on u know u wanna be naughty DJ

Disc Jockey: not sure...so over to the expert ZW for the music info :hug:

David Bailey
31st-October-2005, 12:43 PM
ERr hmmm it says at the bottom of that page..:whistle:
General Freestyle Notes
Oops, OK, mea culpa. Thanks.

(What, I've got to read all a page now, rather than just skim it?)

Cruella
31st-October-2005, 01:56 PM
OK can a moderater change the title to 4th/5th/6th please. Then we'll all be happy. (won't mention that i got the dates wrong meant it to be for fri/sat Ooops!)

Cruella
31st-October-2005, 02:13 PM
Cruella, I'm confused :confused: or stupid :innocent: or maybe both :confused: :innocent:, but I can not see this advertised anywhere? Can you point me to a web site? or something :nice:
Don't worry it's me thats confused this is meant to be the dance at Woking, it was announced at the Oxford freestyle, i obviously wasn't listening properly at the time, probably too busy looking for my next victim :whistle:
I think i should go back to bed for some more sleep before posting again.:rolleyes:

spindr
31st-October-2005, 02:16 PM
www.gingerjive.co.uk 4/11
www.salsaconnexion.co.uk 5/11
www.latinobeat.co.uk/latin_festival.htm 5/11 and 6/11

SpinDr.

Danger Mouse
31st-October-2005, 02:28 PM
Don't worry it's me thats confused this is meant to be the dance at Woking, it was announced at the Oxford freestyle, i obviously wasn't listening properly at the time, probably too busy looking for my next victim :whistle:
I think i should go back to bed for some more sleep before posting again.:rolleyes:

Oh pity, thought it might be worth a drive down to Oxford. It looks like we'll be going to Nottingham Pulse then as I'm struggling to find anything else in the Midlands.

For one reason or another I haven't been to freestyle since coming back from Southport in September, and quite frankly I'm going mad. :mad:

I notice you come from Rugby; well I do have Rugby Freestyle on the 10th of December in my list of possible freestyles.

Cruella
31st-October-2005, 02:32 PM
Oh pity, thought it might be worth a drive down to Oxford. It looks like we'll be going to Nottingham Pulse then as I'm struggling to find anything else in the Midlands.

For one reason or another I haven't been to freestyle since coming back from Southport in September, and quite frankly I'm going mad. :mad:

I notice you come from Rugby; well I do have Rugby Freestyle on the 10th of December in my list of possible freestyles.
Yeh! i'm demoing at that one so come and say hi.:flower:

David Bailey
1st-November-2005, 10:18 AM
Apparently there's also a freestyle night at Finchley on Saturday, althought it's not immediately obvious from the web site :rolleyes:

But as I'm a public service kind of guy... 8pm - midnight, £8 on the door, cakes and teas/coffees, All Saints Arts Centre, Oakleigh Road North, Whetstone N20 9EZ

senorita
1st-November-2005, 10:42 AM
Apparently there's also a freestyle night at Finchley on Saturday, althought it's not immediately obvious from the web site :rolleyes:

But as I'm a public service kind of guy... 8pm - midnight, £8 on the door, cakes and teas/coffees, All Saints Arts Centre, Oakleigh Road North, Whetstone N20 9EZ

oh this sounds good! 8pm to midnight is freestyle??

any forumites going?? :hug:

Whom is the Disc Jockey??

clevedonboy
1st-November-2005, 10:53 AM
Anyone is and around Bristol on Saturday is welcome to come and support our Earthquake Appeal Dance in Clevedon. http://www.leroc-in-bristol.co.uk/Events_Details.htm#CLEV_GuyFawkesDance

David Bailey
1st-November-2005, 10:58 AM
oh this sounds good! 8pm to midnight is freestyle??

any forumites going?? :hug:
Yep, I believe it's freestyle.

I'll possibly be going, as it's only a 3 minute drive - unless I go mad and drive 20+ minutes to get to Cheshunt on Friday, decisions decisions...

Whom is the Disc Jockey??
Robin and Tezi, I believe.

senorita
1st-November-2005, 11:04 AM
Yep, I believe it's freestyle.

I'll possibly be going, as it's only a 3 minute drive - unless I go mad and drive 20+ minutes to get to Cheshunt on Friday, decisions decisions...

Robin and Tezi, I believe.

You dont have to worry about madness DJ...you are! :D & You are going even more mad DJ....as cheshunt is the night before :whistle:

so no excuses...u can dance both! :hug: :nice:

plus I thought u were coming to Bedford on friday...we bought the red carpet for you now :D :whistle: :rolleyes:

LMC
1st-November-2005, 11:09 AM
Friday: Cheshunt
Saturday: Finchley
Sunday: Style workshop, also @Finchley

Yes, I'm stalking Adam :devil:

David Bailey
1st-November-2005, 12:56 PM
You dont have to worry about madness DJ...you are! :D & You are going even more mad DJ....as cheshunt is the night before :whistle:

so no excuses...u can dance both! :hug: :nice:

plus I thought u were coming to Bedford on friday...we bought the red carpet for you now :D :whistle: :rolleyes:
You expect me to be decisive, given my long and honorable policy of "deciding" on the night, usually at 8.30pm? And you call me mad?

As for the Ches / Finch thing, I only do 1 dance per weekend, so it's either / or.

Save the red carpet, though :)

drathzel
1st-November-2005, 12:59 PM
I'll be at Finchley on Saturday night!!! But its only a flying visit down to london so i wont get a chance to go dance on friday or sunday!!:tears:

senorita
1st-November-2005, 01:07 PM
I'll be at Finchley on Saturday night!!! But its only a flying visit down to london so i wont get a chance to go dance on friday or sunday!!:tears:

So I'll be looking out for a tweet tweet bird flying around the hall... ;-)

drathzel
1st-November-2005, 01:09 PM
So I'll be looking out for a tweet tweet bird flying around the hall... ;-)

Yup, that'll be me!!!!:clap:

LMC
1st-November-2005, 01:10 PM
I'll be at Finchley on Saturday night!!!
:clap: hooray! :hug:

Who are you coming with? - someone who hasn't owned up on here yet I guess?

drathzel
1st-November-2005, 01:12 PM
:clap: hooray! :hug:

Who are you coming with? - someone who hasn't owned up on here yet I guess?

Well i am just waiting for the person to confirm they can still take me! Then i shall let you know!:D

bigdjiver
1st-November-2005, 01:16 PM
I think I'm going to give the Bedford Corn Exchange a whirl. It's been well over a year since I've been there. And BigD mentioned a tango song with a long break in it was played at Bedford the other day, so I'm hoping for some slower and interesting music.

What are my chances?

ZW:flower:For a 5:30 Tango with a long break? I would say Zilch. I experienced that at the Tuesday Jive Vibe venue, held in a beautiful little oven in the Guild House about 8 weeks back. (Now at the Harpur Suite? I do not know, as don't go there any more. I got castigated by the boss for doing a "stupid" move with a beginner, which left her giggling and her friend laughing.)

However the local Ceroc music has taken a welcome step in the ZW direction, and the bonus play-out track last night had 3 couples tangoing. I have been supplying the DJ with the playlists from this forum.

As for the promotion of this event - It is always full, no need to say more.

Dizzy
1st-November-2005, 02:04 PM

I will be dancing at Ealing on friday at then meet with LMC and Drathzel at Finchley on Saturday. :clap: :flower: :hug: (will also try and hunt down Adam for a dance) :worthy:

senorita
1st-November-2005, 03:27 PM
I will be dancing at Ealing on friday at then meet with LMC and Drathzel at Finchley on Saturday. :clap: :flower: :hug: (will also try and hunt down Adam for a dance) :worthy:

I lived in Cockfosters for 4 years, 9 years ago...is it easy to find Finchley from there?..If I go down to A111 from Bedford A1M??
Or is there a better route??

under par
1st-November-2005, 03:28 PM

Predatory women......hunting in packs....men beware:whistle:

David Bailey
1st-November-2005, 03:43 PM
I lived in Cockfosters for 4 years, 9 years ago...is it easy to find Finchley from there?..If I go down to A111 from Bedford A1M??
Or is there a better route??
Map is here (http://www.cerocmetro.com/finchley.html).

From Bedford, I'd get off the M25 at J23 (not J24), then down the A1081, then down the A1000, and turn left at the lights in Whetstone. Easy... :)

senorita
1st-November-2005, 03:51 PM
Map is here (http://www.cerocmetro.com/finchley.html).

From Bedford, I'd get off the M25 at J23 (not J24), then down the A1081, then down the A1000, and turn left at the lights in Whetstone. Easy... :)

Gracias DJ! :hug: :flower:

well will try my best to find the venue...but..if I dont end up there.....I apologies in advance as.....I probably ended up getting lost and driving all the way around timbuktoo & ended up in Soho red light district area :rofl:

Rhythm King
1st-November-2005, 04:44 PM
Haven't been to Whetstone before, so may give it a whirl, especially if Drathzel's coming along. :yum:
Don't worry Adam, I won't be hunting you down for a dance, just don't try and sell me any Jivemasters dvds - deal?:wink:

Cruella
1st-November-2005, 08:12 PM
Sounds like there are enough women going to Finchley:sad: so Littleem-ccentral and i are going to Ealing on the friday instead.

DavidY
1st-November-2005, 11:34 PM
Oh pity, thought it might be worth a drive down to Oxford. It looks like we'll be going to Nottingham Pulse then as I'm struggling to find anything else in the Midlands. Isn't there a Northwich freestyle that night? Not sure where you are coming from but I'd guess it may be a comparable distance to Pulse or perhaps even nearer?

Tessalicious
2nd-November-2005, 01:30 AM
Any of you lovely WCSers out there heading to Bisley on Sunday for the workshop with Paul and Cat? Would be nice to see some familiar faces there, unless I'm too late to book of course :(

Missy D
2nd-November-2005, 09:03 AM

I will pop along for an hour or so! Cant wait to meet you Drathzel! I have however noticed your tone lowering has stopped. Are you saving this for Saturday:rofl: Will try and drag Dee out too.:clap:

Almost an Angel
2nd-November-2005, 10:47 AM
Any of you lovely WCSers out there heading to Bisley on Sunday for the workshop with Paul and Cat? Would be nice to see some familiar faces there, unless I'm too late to book of course :(

Me but I think you were after men weren't you!!! :rolleyes:
I can lead some ofthe basics though :D

Angel xx

Paul F
2nd-November-2005, 10:48 AM
I seem to be at a loose end now on Friday so think I will be heading down to the BFFF.

Tessalicious
2nd-November-2005, 11:27 AM
No, darlin, you will definitely do :hug:

Still no response from Cat whether there are spaces left for more ladies but hopefully I will be there.

Rhythm King
2nd-November-2005, 11:58 AM
Bisley is organised by Marilene rather than Catriona, her website and contact details are http://www.jivebug.co.uk/ You may have better luck there.

R-K :flower:

Almost an Angel
2nd-November-2005, 12:01 PM
I seem to be at a loose end now on Friday so think I will be heading down to the BFFF.

You could always head to WCS at Surbiton to get your fix then head up to the BFFF after that, a few of us normally do.
A few of us are also mad.....:D

Angel x

Mary
2nd-November-2005, 12:06 PM
You could always head to WCS at Surbiton to get your fix then head up to the BFFF after that, a few of us normally do.

Angel x

Yeah, c'mon PaulF come to Surbiton - it's nearer your neck of the woods as well.

M

Paul F
2nd-November-2005, 12:06 PM

Angel x

Its all up in the air now. I dont know where Im going. Looks like i may just go to the gym after work then head up to Manchester.
I dont know whether Im coming or going :sick:

drathzel
2nd-November-2005, 12:11 PM
I will pop along for an hour or so! Cant wait to meet you Drathzel! I have however noticed your tone lowering has stopped. Are you saving this for Saturday:rofl: Will try and drag Dee out too.:clap:

I have just been really busy selling the house, altho i did manage to make David James request this http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166460&postcount=11

I am travelling to Finchley with Adam, so i shall be there when he is!

Am looking forward to meeting the both of you too! Hey i think a double trouble dance is in order if you can get dee out!:clap:

bigdjiver
2nd-November-2005, 12:25 PM
The theme for Friday 4th Nov. at the Corn Exchange Bedford is "Cowboys and Indians", although it does not seem to being much promoted. I do not know who is organising it. The "Cowboys" night at Wellingborough had a cabaret worth seeing again.

Zebra Woman
2nd-November-2005, 02:37 PM
The theme for Friday 4th Nov. at the Corn Exchange Bedford is "Cowboys and Indians", although it does not seem to being much promoted. I do not know who is organising it. The "Cowboys" night at Wellingborough had a cabaret worth seeing again.

Aha..... I have been looking for an excuse to wear my cap-guns for dancing for sometime...:devil:

See you there, put me down for a 'BigD pull through combo' please (space permitting of course).

ZW

Gojive
2nd-November-2005, 05:59 PM
Anyone going to Northwich on Saturday? :)

Gus
2nd-November-2005, 06:58 PM
Anyone going to Northwich on Saturday? :)Now that would be a tempting thought ... wonder if my old club would be glad to see me :whistle: :whistle: :wink:

Yogi_Bear
2nd-November-2005, 11:22 PM
Friday - probably Bedford (always reliable).....:waycool:
Saturday - watching X Factor and SCD. Bedford (from Norwich) is enough for one weekend........:rolleyes:

Daisy Chain
3rd-November-2005, 01:11 PM
Anyone going to Northwich on Saturday? :)

Ooo, didn't know it was on. The Old Management used to send helpful little e-mails to remind us that there was a Do coming up :flower:

Save me a dance

Daisy

(A NW Flower)

Gojive
3rd-November-2005, 01:36 PM
Save me a dance

Daisy

(A NW Flower)

Indeed I will :flower: .....how will I recognise you? :)

Daisy Chain
3rd-November-2005, 01:56 PM
Indeed I will :flower: .....how will I recognise you? :)

How many tubby little redheads can there be?

Daisy

(A Secretive Little Flower)

Gojive
3rd-November-2005, 02:04 PM
How many tubby little redheads can there be?

Daisy

(A Secretive Little Flower)

I'll look out for you :hug:

wicked blue
4th-November-2005, 12:45 PM

I will be there with Just wiggle!:nice:

stewart38
5th-November-2005, 06:01 PM
Didn't like the music at Ealing but thats just personal taste, see hot shotism still alive there :sad: but had many nice dances

Cruella
5th-November-2005, 06:54 PM
Didn't like the music at Ealing but thats just personal taste, see hot shotism still alive there :sad: but had many nice dances
Means that Chris A and ZW would have loved the music then:whistle:
Come on then, name and shame, who were the hotshots?

Zebra Woman
6th-November-2005, 09:48 PM
Means that Chris A and ZW would have loved the music then:whistle:

2 assumptions -

If Stewart hates it then I will like it ( i used to think that but I realise now there is a lot we both dislike).

If ChrisA likes it then I will like it - often, but not always true.

It does sound like the BFFF would have been more to my taste this time.
I saved on petrol and went to the Beford Corn Exchange with very low expectations on music was pleasantly surprised.

The Corn X

Low Points:

The line dance class dragged on and on till nearly 10PM. Only 60 out of 250 people were interested in it by the end.

Music was much more varied than in the past, still too uptempo for me. Exactly as on my last two visits I had partners saying catch you later for a slower one , but there were so few slower tracks. Didn't dance with BigD or Yogi for that reason Sorry :blush: .

Some odd mixing...Whatever Lola Wants was cut short and mixed into a pop track :really: , I wondered if the DJ did that just for my benefit? :devil:

Accoustics were terrible - all the middle was missing so you couldn't hear any melody or lyrics, just banging. It took me 2 minutes to recognise Oye Como Va, I would have danced to that!! Resident house speakers were used they were high on the walls all round the room.

High Points:

Driving out only 20 miles, with a low expectation of the night.

The floor was much less sticky than usual so I was actually able to walk at the end of the night instead of limping back to my car.

Some great dances with old friends :flower: .

Smoke free.:clap:

I had a lot of fun with my guns. :devil:

I'll be back.

Missy D
6th-November-2005, 10:17 PM
I went to Finchley last night which was brilliant. The music was the best I have heard in ages and I danced all night (well til midnight).

It was good to see some forumites Dizzy, Icey, Lmc, Tess, DJ, Robin, Tezi. And also great to meet the lovely drathzel at last. What a great dancer drathzel is another to add to my favourite leaders and followers list.:worthy: Oh and what fab dances I had with Adam too:worthy:

Looking forward to going again tomorrow.:clap:

Minnie M
6th-November-2005, 11:00 PM
I went to Woking last night - bit crowded and it was very very hot - but a good crowd and the music was an excellent Ceroc set, and very good mixture. Lots of forumites there too, had some lovely dances with Stu, Gus, Stewart and the lovely Marc

Tomorrow (the 7th) it's got to be Jango - Cruella's birthday :clap: and a dance with the Smurfman :worthy:

stewart38
7th-November-2005, 12:44 AM
I went to Woking last night - bit crowded and it was very very hot - but a good crowd and the music was an excellent Ceroc set, and very good mixture. Lots of forumites there too, had some lovely dances with Stu, Gus, Stewart and the lovely Marc

Tomorrow (the 7th) it's got to be Jango - Cruella's birthday :clap: and a dance with the Smurfman :worthy:

yes thanks for the dance and yes an EXCELLENT ceroc set (hey its ceroc). Didnt find it that hot ? ( not the babes I dance with anyway ??)

Dance with another forumite a fantastic dancer but cant remember her forum name ( whiplash one :blush: )

cerocmetro
7th-November-2005, 05:08 AM
I went to Finchley last night which was brilliant. The music was the best I have heard in ages and I danced all night (well til midnight).

It was good to see some forumites Dizzy, Icey, Lmc, Tess, DJ, Robin, Tezi. And also great to meet the lovely drathzel at last. What a great dancer drathzel is another to add to my favourite leaders and followers list.:worthy: Oh and what fab dances I had with Adam too:worthy:

Looking forward to going again tomorrow.:clap:

Hey Missy D, I had one of the best nights dancing ever, you Tessalicious and Drathzel. I even had a DT with T and D in fact i think there all three of you at one point:drool:

I danced without stepping off the floor for three and a half hours even had a fab dance with a lady who must be at least 80, she was great fun she asked me to throw her over my shoulder. Regrettfully I did and she is now in intensive care. (just kidding).:devil:

The music was well, it just doesn't get any better. Well done Tez & Robin. The rooom looked awesome, candles everywhere, major mood stuff:wink:

Watch out tommorow though, Monday there is a film crew there making some kind of Ceroc documentary for a promotioanal thingy. They were there on Saturday as well, guys you should see how Missy performs in front of a camera:eek::drool:

Adam

Missy D
7th-November-2005, 09:03 AM
They were there on Saturday as well, guys you should see how Missy performs in front of a camera:eek::drool:

Adam

Oi young man! When have you seen my home movies?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

See you later!

:hug:

latinlover
7th-November-2005, 09:26 AM

OOoooooooooooooH .. I have to disagree :flower:

Sue and I both felt that JB was back on form after the last few times we've been
Wll done JB:clap:
Top Night, spoiled only by the fact that we had to leave early for the babysitter's sake:tears:

Yogi_Bear
7th-November-2005, 09:32 AM
2 assumptions -

If Stewart hates it then I will like it ( i used to think that but I realise now there is a lot we both dislike).

If ChrisA likes it then I will like it - often, but not always true.

It does sound like the BFFF would have been more to my taste this time.
I saved on petrol and went to the Beford Corn Exchange with very low expectations on music was pleasantly surprised.

The Corn X

Low Points:

The line dance class dragged on and on till nearly 10PM. Only 60 out of 250 people were interested in it by the end.

Music was much more varied than in the past, still too uptempo for me. Exactly as on my last two visits I had partners saying catch you later for a slower one , but there were so few slower tracks. Didn't dance with BigD or Yogi for that reason Sorry :blush: .

Some odd mixing...Whatever Lola Wants was cut short and mixed into a pop track :really: , I wondered if the DJ did that just for my benefit? :devil:

Accoustics were terrible - all the middle was missing so you couldn't hear any melody or lyrics, just banging. It took me 2 minutes to recognise Oye Como Va, I would have danced to that!! Resident house speakers were used they were high on the walls all round the room.

High Points:

Driving out only 20 miles, with a low expectation of the night.

The floor was much less sticky than usual so I was actually able to walk at the end of the night instead of limping back to my car.

Some great dances with old friends :flower: .

Smoke free.:clap:

I had a lot of fun with my guns. :devil:

I'll be back.

Yes, pity about the line dancing going on and on, but there was still freestyle till 12.30, even if the really good tracks were few and far between.
No dance with ZW this time :sad: but she has great taste in music :flower:
After chips on the way back and a chat at Wouter's, home and in bed by 4.00 (just)...:what:

Icey
7th-November-2005, 09:37 AM
Watch out tommorow though, Monday there is a film crew there making some kind of Ceroc documentary for a promotioanal thingy. They were there on Saturday as well, guys you should see how Missy performs in front of a camera:eek::drool:

Adam

Is this documentary thingie for UK or NZ? Do we get to see it?

Almost an Angel
7th-November-2005, 10:38 AM
yes thanks for the dance and yes an EXCELLENT ceroc set (hey its ceroc). Didnt find it that hot ? ( not the babes I dance with anyway ??)

Dance with another forumite a fantastic dancer but cant remember her forum name ( whiplash one :blush: )

Hi Stewart that would be me then.
We did indeed have a lovely dance. :hug:

I also managed (like Minnie) to grab the lovely Marc and Gus for a few dances.

Angel xx

Cruella
7th-November-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi Stewart that would be me then.
We did indeed have a lovely dance. :hug:

I also managed (like Minnie) to grab the lovely Marc and Gus for a few dances.

Angel xx
And you gave me a fab WCS dance at Ealing.:flower:

Paul F
7th-November-2005, 10:46 AM
Im going to be particularly nasty so be warned :angry:

I think its fair to say that my criticism of nights recently has been down to personal opinion. Along with any criticisms, however, I have always mentioned that it IS my personal opinion and should be taken lightly. :)

This review though is not based on current personal taste but on my experience with MJ as a dancer, teacher and occasional DJ who enjoys a mixture of tracks on a normal MJ night.

I went to Northwich memorial hall on Saturday. I can say, hand on heart, that the music was some of the worst I have ever heard at an MJ night. This freestyle is usually very very good and would have recommended anyone to go to it. Often I have enjoyed sets from Dazzle and marc forster, among others :worthy: Last Saturday there was a guy there from, i think chester, and he managed to play a constant set of all the usual stock of MJ tunes interspersed with some fast rock and roll. :tears:

Response seemed to be varied at best. There were a couple of tracks that cleared the floor but in the main people danced. Is that a good reflection of the music ? I dont know. All I can say is that I will check who is DJing before going back. :mad:

Why is it that one DJ eg, JB or Marc Forster can consistently produce a really good MJ set but other DJs cant? Do they not have the music? Do they not read the floor? Is it that they have THEIR favourites? Is this diversity a good thing? I just dont know :sad:

stewart38
7th-November-2005, 10:57 AM
OOoooooooooooooH .. I have to disagree :flower:

Sue and I both felt that JB was back on form after the last few times we've been
Wll done JB:clap:
Top Night, spoiled only by the fact that we had to leave early for the babysitter's sake:tears:

The last 3 songs were good, at least id heard of them :wink:

But many had left by then so more dance space :yeah:

Not many had left Woking by the end so less dance space :sad:

What ever, it is only personal opinion but its a pity that ceroc/jive seems to be developing a totally different set of tunes at different venues.

I like fast I like slow I like all sort not just 'odd' all the time. Two women non forum have asked recently do I dance WCS , i never have maybe i should give that a go.

Anyone who plays 'slow boat to china' will always get a few extra points from me

David Bailey
7th-November-2005, 11:27 AM
Im going to be particularly nasty so be warned :angry:
Two negative reviews in two months :eek:

Excellent work, Mr F, but slow you are still in the ways of the criticism. Learn to whinge more, you must.

Paul F
7th-November-2005, 11:33 AM
Two negative reviews in two months :eek:

Excellent work, Mr F, but slow you are still in the ways of the criticism. Learn to whinge more, you must.

Right then :cool:

You have convinced me to release the wrath of the dark side. Any DJ playing "sex bomb" beware :mad:

dee
7th-November-2005, 11:36 AM
guys you should see how Missy performs in front of a camera:eek::drool:

Adam

What have you been up to now Missy D ?? can't let you go anywhere these days :eek:

Icey
7th-November-2005, 01:21 PM
What have you been up to now Missy D ?? can't let you go anywhere these days :eek:

Honestly, she needs a chaperone at all times. She should not be allowed out unsupervised!

stewart38
7th-November-2005, 04:06 PM
2 assumptions -

ok lets try it

I HATE chocolate ice cream

I HATE marmite

:whistle: