PDA

View Full Version : Age Difference matter?

Gus
29th-October-2005, 08:11 PM
After all the furore about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes ... about the age difference (about 16 years). I was first shocked by Messr Cruise being referred to in terms that he was practically geriatric at 42 :eek: :tears: , but then the 'baby snatching' comments. On reflection I didnt think there was an issue here, possible due to the fact that I've been in a relationship with a wider age gap.

So ... what is an acceptable age difference for a bloke? AND I KNOW it can go the other way ... but I just curious as to what the consensus is.

Groovy Dancer
29th-October-2005, 08:15 PM
After all the furore about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes ... about the age difference (about 16 years). I was first shocked by Messr Cruise being referred to in terms that he was practically geriatric at 42 :eek: :tears: , but then the 'baby snatching' comments. On reflection I didnt think there was an issue here, possible due to the fact that I've been in a relationship with a wider age gap.

So ... what is an acceptable age difference for a bloke? AND I KNOW it can go the other way ... but I just curious as to what the consensus is.

If the individuals involved are happy,then nothing else matters.:clap:

David Bailey
29th-October-2005, 09:26 PM
:yeah:
I've got no sympathy with the "She's too young / old for him" argument, especially when it's a visual or physical basis being used for such a judgement. That's just sad.

Medically, you could argue that women should always look for men 5-7 years younger than them, in that their life expectancies are likely to be similar. But hell, you could also make a case for saying women should look for men significantly older than them, in that they are likely to be a better provider for any children.

In this life, if you find someone who makes you happy, that's the only thing that matters.

Having said that... age difference is like other differences - if it's too big, it can be one of the factors making relationships difficult. It's like different ethnicities, different nationalities, and other cultural factors - people of the same age are more likely share many of the shame cultural experiences and values, and this can make things easier in relationships.

On the other hand, you want some differentiators to keep things interesting - the trick is to strike the balance.

So a large age difference can potentially make relationships difficult - but compared to the many other things that can make relationships difficult, we (and the media) place far far too much emphasis on the age thing.

Or, to quote Cordelia in an Angel episode "I mean, you're half-demon, that is so far down the list. Way under short... and poor.."

EDIT: just noticed there's no option for "It doesn't matter", so I'm not voting - addicted though I am to clicking on clicky things.

Tiggerbabe
29th-October-2005, 09:42 PM
EDIT: just noticed there's no option for "It doesn't matter", so I'm not voting - addicted though I am to clicking on clicky things.
Now added David, just for you (and everyone else who wants to vote for that option, of course :D )

foxylady
29th-October-2005, 09:58 PM
Where's the women dating younger men option then eh ????

Its a well known fact that, sexually, men peak in their late teens early twenties, and women in their 30's.... So in theory, for sexual compatibility, and nothing else, honest, it should be older women dating younger men... Surely.... come on girls you must agree with me.... :drool:

Older men should really be put out to pasture to admire the daisies....:wink:

David Bailey
29th-October-2005, 10:05 PM
Now added David, just for you (and everyone else who wants to vote for that option, of course :D )
Yay! :clap:

I've clicked :)

Whitebeard
29th-October-2005, 10:54 PM
Older men should really be put out to pasture to admire the daisies....
I have no problem with that. It's quite a relief not to be at the mercy of all those 'orrible 'ormones. And if the daisies are light and responsive, that's all that matters.

WittyBird
30th-October-2005, 01:43 AM
IMHO I prefer the older man and I dont mean geriatric but I mean at least 5+ years older than me.
I find that they have a confidence sort of self assurance with who they are and what they are about, more focused than the average 20 year old.:D

jivecat
30th-October-2005, 10:45 AM
IMHO I prefer the older man and I dont mean geriatric but I mean at least 5+ years older than me.
I find that they have a confidence sort of self assurance with who they are and what they are about, more focused than the average 20 year old.:D

I find that men who are significantly older than me are often far more sexist than younger men because of the era they were brought up in. That illusion of focussed self-assurance tends to diminish in importance the older a woman gets, IMO.

From the woman's point of view, it might not seem to matter that a man is 20years older when she is 20 and he is 40. But when she is 50, and in the prime of life, he will be a geriatric, impotent, 70 year old. Well, we hope not, but such things do happen! She might also expect to have a long widowhood (though that could be quite fun :devil:)
Also, at 20, a woman still has a lot of growing-up to do and that could destabilise the relationship in the future, especially if the dynamics depend on her taking a diffident, dependent or child-like role.

Like Foxylady, I think we should have a poll about women dating younger men.
Not that I advocate this, in my limited experience it would make me even more insecure than I am already!

I think relationships stand most chance of success when there is a match across a range of values, attitudes & characteristics, and age might be one of these. But not necessarily.

David Franklin
30th-October-2005, 11:04 AM
After all the furore about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes ... about the age difference (about 16 years).For a more on-topic example, I just read than Strictly Come Dancing competitor Brendon Cole (29) is allegedly dating a 17 year old (http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/archive/archive/tm_objectid=16282312%26method=full%26siteid=62484-name_page.html). I can't see that ending well, but that's as much a comment on Brendon as anything else... :devil:

Minnie M
30th-October-2005, 11:41 AM
...I just read than Strictly Come Dancing competitor Brendon Cole (29) is allegedly
allegedly :yeah: :whistle: IMHO more like 39 :rolleyes:

David Bailey
30th-October-2005, 12:09 PM
For a more on-topic example, I just read than Strictly Come Dancing competitor Brendon Cole (29) is allegedly dating a 17 year old (http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/archive/archive/tm_objectid=16282312%26method=full%26siteid=62484-name_page.html). I can't see that ending well, but that's as much a comment on Brendon as anything else... :devil:
Just happened to read it, huh, David? :whistle:

From that article, this quote made me laugh: "Thanks to Strictly Come Dancing, Brendan is now a big star - and she fell for him."
Big star? Whoo, the Ego Has Landed.

Going back to the original point:

After all the furore about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes ... about the age difference (about 16 years).
I think it's interesting that in both these cases, it's not so much the age difference as the (real or not) power difference.

Is Brendan exploiting this teenager? Dunno, but you have to wonder, Brendan's got bad-boy form after all, so I'd be worried if I were her parent.

Is Tom Cruise exploiting Katie Holmes? He's arguably the biggest movie star on the planet, and again you have to wonder, the whole "Have my babies for the sake of Scientology" thing is fairly weird...

But then, so many of these relationships occur in celeb-land, and some of them do seem to work - look at Brucie and his wife, or Paul McCartney and Heather Mills.

So age doesn't matter, but power imbalances may do - it's like going out with your boss or your teacher, there's always a potential for exploitation. Not that I'd ever suggest any male MJ teacher would ever use his position to get the hot chicks, oh no. :whistle:

David Franklin
30th-October-2005, 12:22 PM
Just happened to read it, huh, David? :whistle: Absolutely officer, I'm no addict. That collection of dance videos? They're not mine, I was just keeping them for a friend. And the Swarovski crystals in little plastic bags? Straight up - I thought I was buying packets of sugar...

Andy McGregor
30th-October-2005, 12:30 PM
IMHO it's all down to differences. Be they age, culture, aspirations, etc.

Differences can make a relationship difficult and they can make a relationship fun. It probably depends on the attitude of both partners. If you have an image of the person you should be with and the person you are with doesn't fit that image you've got a problem :tears:

Little Monkey
30th-October-2005, 12:42 PM
I personally prefer older men....... In my experience, men seem to mature veeeeeery slowly....... And dating younger men sometimes feels more like baby-sitting! :rolleyes: :rofl:

I also think it's highly unfair that men very often look great as they get older (up to a certain point, anyway!), but women seem to just droop and look old, not distinguished! Grrr....:mad:

I have no real problems with older men dating younger women, or indeed the other way around, unless one of them is indeed so young an inexperienced that they are being taken advantage of by the older partner. I've seen that happen a few times. :( And I don't think it's just women who like older partners, some men seem quite attracted to more mature women, too. A friend of mine, who's in her 40s, dated a guy about 20 years her junior. She said the sex was great! :D

LM

Minnie M
30th-October-2005, 12:51 PM
.........but women seem to just droop and look old, not distinguished! Grrr....:mad:
:tears: :sad:

no hope for me then :tears: finding a man 20 years older than me :whistle: the only one I know that is 20 years + older than me and a dancer is Frankie Manning and he likes MUCH much younger ladies (and why not I ask) - in fact I'd be lucky to find one who can walk undaided, let alone do anything else :rolleyes:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lynn
30th-October-2005, 03:03 PM
I think relationships stand most chance of success when there is a match across a range of values, attitudes & characteristics, and age might be one of these. But not necessarily.:yeah:

Night Owl
30th-October-2005, 03:27 PM
ok if 5 year gap seems to be favoured , any 40 ish gals out there looking for a dance partner ,lol:rofl: :clap:

Little Monkey
30th-October-2005, 05:52 PM
in fact I'd be lucky to find one who can walk undaided, let alone do anything else

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why don't you just do like my friend did, and get a toyboy 20 years your junior?? :devil: :D

Daisy Chain
30th-October-2005, 06:14 PM

:eek: Thanks Gus. My Dad was 18 years older than my Mum. So, are you saying that I shouldn't be here? :tears:

Daisy

(A Planned Little flower)

djtrev
30th-October-2005, 08:29 PM
Quote from Jivecat

From the woman's point of view, it might not seem to matter that a man is 20years older when she is 20 and he is 40. But when she is 50, and in the prime of life, he will be a geriatric, impotent, 70 year old. Well, we hope not, but such things do happen

Oh so b****y true!

ducasi
30th-October-2005, 11:20 PM
Isn't the standard rule "half the guy's age and add 7"?

So a 40 year old should go no younger than a 27 year old.

If you believe in rules...

Whitebeard
31st-October-2005, 12:07 AM
..... he will be a geriatric, impotent, 70 year old.
Ah girly, you do have a way of making a guy feel good about himself.

stewart38
31st-October-2005, 12:42 AM
Ive married a women who would now be 47 and another who would now be 29

Ive dated a 23 yrs old and 52yr old this year

Beat that !!

I wasnt going to give a visa to one or go on a saga holiday with the other

Im 40 ! and im in my mid life crises and pround of it , assume it ends at 41 ??:whistle:

Lucy Locket
31st-October-2005, 09:42 AM
My ex husband was 22 years older than me. We were together 13 years & had 3 children. I loved him dearly it just didn't work out in the long term.

Yes my family disapproved, yes people frowned down on us, but we were happy & within a short space of time people could see that & we were accepted as a couple.

I have no regrets!!!!!

Cruella
31st-October-2005, 10:08 AM
I think age is irrelevant as long as you have the love and trust needed for a good relationship. I haven't dated for 20 years and my husband is slightly younger than me and all my boyfriends previous were younger than myself. I've never found older men attractive! But then maybe because i'm not single and looking, probably couldn't afford to be quite so fussy if i was.:devil: Aren't we all the same age in our heads? I still feel the same as i did when i was in my 20's, i just try to avoid the mirror as it reminds me of the time that's passed.:tears:
The dancing scene does seem to diminish age gaps, i can remember going to a venue with good mates Nigel 60, myself 40 and Emma 20,so 3 generations in one car but all having a ball together. :clap:

senorita
31st-October-2005, 10:43 AM

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Its just a number! :nice:

philsmove
31st-October-2005, 10:44 AM
The dancing scene does seem to diminish age gaps,
:yeah: :hug:

it does indeed

I went to what I though was someone 40th or may be 50th party to discover he was 60

djtrev
31st-October-2005, 10:47 AM
My wife is 24 years younger than me and I know I shouldn't be reading this thread.

BUT

This thread is tooooooo depressing.I'm off!!

David Bailey
31st-October-2005, 10:49 AM
Why's it depressing?

The vast majority (me included) think it doesn't matter, surely that's reassuring? :confused:

Almost an Angel
31st-October-2005, 10:55 AM
I think relationships stand most chance of success when there is a match across a range of values, attitudes & characteristics, and age might be one of these. But not necessarily.

I agree, I've dated men of a variety of ages (from 8 years younger to 14 years older than me) and everytime it's the person themself not the age that is the attraction, be it a mutual interest, or even a difference, when you meet someone there has to be a connection. That connection may last for a relatively short time or a longer time, just because there may be a difference in the ages of the people does not mean that the relationship isn't valid or any less real to the people involved. We are attracted to other people for a variety of reasons, some relationships last others don't, but every relationship teaches you more about who you are and what you do and don't want from life.

Getting back onto topic

Any age difference is acceptable - providing it's legal and there is no obvious misuse of position and most importantly the people involved are happy.

stewart38
31st-October-2005, 10:57 AM
My wife is 24 years younger than me and I know I shouldn't be reading this thread.

BUT

How did you meet ?

Age is just number when your past 35 as a women and past 40 as a man :whistle:

As a kid I was proud to be 9 and 3/4 that 3/4 being 'important', doesnt seem to bother me that much now those 1/4 bits :sad:

djtrev
31st-October-2005, 05:01 PM
The vast majority (me included) think it doesn't matter
That may be true of this forum but the one that matters is your partner.

Age is just number when your past 35 as a women and past 40 as a man
Sorry,(I did notice the smilie)but that is complete b******s or have I missed the point?

Where did we meet?For what it's worth-at work.

Why's it depressing?
Because my wife is going thro that "I've just turned 40" crisis and our age difference.............

stewart38
31st-October-2005, 05:19 PM
The vast majority (me included) think it doesn't matter
That may be true of this forum but the one that matters is your partner.

Age is just number when your past 35 as a women and past 40 as a man
Sorry,(I did notice the smilie)but that is complete b******s or have I missed the point?

You did miss the point its called 'a joke' god. :mad:

Although still fairly true , wifey 1 wouldnt tell me how old she was for first 4 months (she was 7 yrs older then me) we nearly split up over it ! (why the hell she did tell me after 4 months Ill never know :sad: several more years to endure , why did she have to tell me !:sad: :sad: )

Dancing Girlie
31st-October-2005, 07:13 PM
"The dancing scene does seem to diminish age gaps, i can remember going to a venue with good mates Nigel 60, myself 40 and Emma 20,so 3 generations in one car but all having a ball together."

I am in my 30's and frequently spend time with a group of good friends in the dancing scene who are in their 40's and 50's. I tend to forget their age.

I think regarding an "age limit" that is up to the individuals concerned. If we were all the same life would be boring. I've gone out with younger and older men, personally I have always preferred older as (IMHO) I have found them to be more interesting and usually know what they want out of life.

Wendy :flower:

David Bailey
31st-October-2005, 08:32 PM

I am in my 30's and frequently spend time with a group of good friends in the dancing scene who are in their 40's and 50's. I tend to forget their age.
That's the other thing about dancing, it defies the ageing process - again, we must look to the great Frankie Manning :worthy:

philsmove
31st-October-2005, 09:01 PM
That's the other thing about dancing, it defies the ageing process - again, we must look to the great Frankie Manning :worthy:

For any teeny boppers out there Frankie was 90 last year :worthy:

Lory
31st-October-2005, 09:23 PM
wifey 1 wouldnt tell me how old she was for first 4 months
The day I met my husband, we both lied about our ages:really: it was my 16th birthday but I told him it was my 18th:blush: he told me he was 18 too:rolleyes: ... but when he came to my house a few days later, he caught me out, asking if I had 'a sister' also called Lorraine, who was 16?... he'd spotted my birthday cards... :eek: oops:blush: :rofl:

It took him a little longer to confess he was only 17:angry: I don't think either of us expected it to last that long to matter! :rofl:

senorita
1st-November-2005, 01:41 PM
The day I met my husband, we both lied about our ages:really: it was my 16th birthday but I told him it was my 18th:blush: he told me he was 18 too:rolleyes: ... but when he came to my house a few days later, he caught me out, asking if I had 'a sister' also called Lorraine, who was 16?... he'd spotted my birthday cards... :eek: oops:blush: :rofl:

It took him a little longer to confess he was only 17:angry: I don't think either of us expected it to last that long to matter! :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

good on you two :flower: :hug:

Swinging bee
1st-November-2005, 05:13 PM

There is 17 yrs between Linda and I, it doesn't matter one iota...I married my best friend....All say aahhhh!

Sheepman
1st-November-2005, 05:32 PM
I would agree with those who are saying that it is all about being happy, for some people that age gap is going to cause too many problems for the happiness to last. How far into the future should you be looking when going into such a relationship?

The biggest age gap I've come across on the MJ scene is 32 years, both great dancers and charming people. I had no idea that there was such a gap until the guy cryptically let it slip, and although it was interesting to know, it seemed irrelevant.

One thing I would not be expecting a partner to do is to devote her life to nursing me in my dotage. (Not that I'm planning to grow old and infirm, I'd prefer to go out with a bang!) How could I expect someone to commit to, and be happy with that as their main role in life? Perversely I think I would be more accepting if the role was reversed and I was doing the nursing. How can you plan for tragedy in life though?There are plenty of people who end up doing a similar role due to accident or illness when age is not a factor.

Greg

Minnie M
1st-November-2005, 05:34 PM
There is 17 yrs between Linda and I, it doesn't matter one iota...I married my best friend....All say aahhhh!
and wot a smashin' couple you two are :flower: :clap: :yeah:

Swinging bee
1st-November-2005, 06:53 PM
and wot a smashin' couple you two are :flower: :clap: :yeah:
You're too kind. Looking forward to seeing you soon:flower:

cheeks
2nd-November-2005, 01:56 PM
I don't think age should make a difference I spent 13 years with with a partner my own age and although was good at start and difficult towards end he made a choice to seek many an older woman.
(I got better deal so no soap box 4 great kids! and single life which meant lots and lots of dancing:clap: )
In the last 4 half years since joining the singletons I have had one short relationship with someone 9 years my junior(is also one of my bestest friends) which was fantastic great fun good sex but did find that many of his priorities as a 23 old at the time were no where near the same as mine. We decided to go back to being friends and can now reflect back on good things as well as bad and still have a giggle to this day about it.
I do spend my time whether dancing or not in mixed company of friends from their early 20's - ? ( Actually really don't know how old some of my friends are!:blush: ) After seeing someone more than 10 years my senior :whistle: for a while I think different things atttracted us similar interests, a good laugh,great sex :whistle: and greater understanding of that we all have a past I guess!

So if both people involved are happy and no-one is being hurt it shouldn't make any difference what others think is right or wrong!:yeah:

:hug:

Cheeks :flower:

Donna
2nd-November-2005, 02:03 PM

stewart38
2nd-November-2005, 02:03 PM
good sex,great sex

Cheeks :flower:

Great post , however I might have focused a little too much on some specific issues you mentioned :waycool:

cheeks
2nd-November-2005, 02:07 PM
Great post , however I might have focused a little too much on some specific issues you mentioned :waycool:

:nice: Not at all! a very specific point you picked up on :whistle:

:rofl: :hug:

drathzel
2nd-November-2005, 02:11 PM
:nice: Not at all! a very specific point you picked up on :whistle:

:rofl: :hug:

Its always good to have a specific point, dont you think!:devil:

cheeks
2nd-November-2005, 02:12 PM
Its always good to have a specific point, dont you think!:devil:

Absolutely! sweetie always a good place to start :whistle:

drathzel
2nd-November-2005, 03:53 PM
Absolutely! sweetie always a good place to start :whistle:

and finish.... and maintain!!!:whistle:

Katie
4th-November-2005, 09:53 PM
Did anyone see the documentary 'old enough to be his mother' on Channel 5 last night? In one case, the woman was old to enough to be his grandmother, there was a 39 year old age difference :really: The bit I found hard to digest was the scene of this couple having a shower together. Fair enough they are 'in love' but IMO the scene was unnecessary, especially as it didn't have this slant with any of the other couples. The funniest bit for me was when the English woman who emigrated to Spain (the papers accused her of abandoning her daughter) for her spanish toyboy, started talking about having kids and the guy looked aghast, all he is interested in is marriage and err....perhaps citizenship?? :rofl:

Gadget
4th-November-2005, 10:53 PM
One of my best freinds is engaged (after a few years) to someone that is roughly the same age as his mum - they met at a night out with her youngest daughter when she was at uni (only a couple of years between the daughter and my friend). :shrug:
The only negative is that my freind will never have children of his own because she has been there & done that and they have all now fled home. But his sister has four and I have three that keep him amused :D

Anna
7th-November-2005, 05:33 AM
For a more on-topic example, I just read than Strictly Come Dancing competitor Brendon Cole (29) is allegedly dating a 17 year old (http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/archive/archive/tm_objectid=16282312%26method=full%26siteid=62484-name_page.html). I can't see that ending well, but that's as much a comment on Brendon as anything else... :devil:

*gasp* JEALOUSY!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :angry: :eek:

Brendan Cole is the new Fred Astaire :drool:

stewart38
7th-November-2005, 10:25 AM
Did anyone see the documentary 'old enough to be his mother' on Channel 5 last night? In one case, the woman was old to enough to be his grandmother, there was a 39 year old age difference :really: The bit I found hard to digest was the scene of this couple having a shower together. Fair enough they are 'in love' but IMO the scene was unnecessary, especially as it didn't have this slant with any of the other couples. The funniest bit for me was when the English woman who emigrated to Spain (the papers accused her of abandoning her daughter) for her spanish toyboy, started talking about having kids and the guy looked aghast, all he is interested in is marriage and err....perhaps citizenship?? :rofl:

The problem with all this of course is there maybe genuine people out there looking fro love marriage and long commitment. (wether there from Russia or South East Asia or where ever)

I can only see a growing number of men and I guess women being dis encharted with what is 'on offer' in UK and going down this route .

I read and it maybe crap but the average duration of an English man marrying a russian women last longer then the average duration of English man marrying a English women

Feelingpink
7th-November-2005, 10:30 AM
*gasp* JEALOUSY!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :angry: :eek:

Brendan Cole is the new Fred Astaire :drool:Why? Because he makes his partner practise until her feet bleed? :whistle:

Gus
7th-November-2005, 10:44 AM
I read and it maybe crap but the average duration of an English man marrying a russian women last longer then the average duration of English man marrying a English womenOne may question the 'type' of man marrying russian/philipino etc brides?:whistle: Less likely to let go og such an expensive asset?

stewart38
7th-November-2005, 11:27 AM
One may question the 'type' of man marrying russian/philipino etc brides?:whistle: Less likely to let go og such an expensive asset?

What is that 'type' of man. Dirty old men in raincoats going to Moscow aged 65 looking for 25yr old brides. Or lawyers/doctors in there 30s/40s who are 'fed up' with whats on offer here and look a abroad for women with plough expereince

David Bailey
7th-November-2005, 11:45 AM
I read and it maybe crap but the average duration of an English man marrying a russian women last longer then the average duration of English man marrying a English women
Interesting - have you got a source for this one?

KatieR
7th-November-2005, 12:41 PM
What is that 'type' of man. Dirty old men in raincoats going to Moscow aged 65 looking for 25yr old brides. Or lawyers/doctors in there 30s/40s who are 'fed up' with whats on offer here and look a abroad for women with plough expereince

What about 32 year Old Australian girls coming to England looking for a passport?

stewart38
7th-November-2005, 01:03 PM
What about 32 year Old Australian girls coming to England looking for a passport?

Do you have plough experience ??

KatieR
7th-November-2005, 01:26 PM
Do you have plough experience ??

I could have :whistle:

*runs off to amend resume*

Petal
18th-November-2005, 06:23 PM
ok if 5 year gap seems to be favoured , any 40 ish gals out there looking for a dance partner ,lol:rofl: :clap:

So is that 35 - 45, gives you lots of options.:whistle:

stewart38
21st-November-2005, 12:23 PM
My mate has been out with a 23yr old and 52yr old this year and you know what he is changing his mind

Age does matter !

It shouldnt but it does

jockey
22nd-November-2005, 01:34 AM
Ive read a few of the replies and there are two unexamined assumptions that need to be questioned:
1) that all individuals of the same (sort of) age are in the same shape
2) that if there is a large disparity in age it is the younger which is the exploited one (if exploitation occurs).

On (1), clearly if you eat the right things and get plenty of exercise and have the right genotype you will look younger and, physically, you will be younger. One test is the skin test - if you pinch the skin on the back of your and it springs back immediately you are younger than the person whose skin dallies around..
On (2) it might be argued that an older person might have material goods and spiritual/intelectual "properties" that could well be "exploitable". Suppose a young girl lives at home out of necessity, hasnt had much experience of life and isnt well read (for whatever reason(s)) and meets a guy who has a nice flat, wellstocked bookshelf and is "experienced" (in the Hendrix sense) - she might well think "I"ll have some of that, thankyou very much.."

(that should be back of your hand, by the way - see on (1))!!!

jivecat
22nd-November-2005, 10:28 AM
The problem with all this of course is there maybe genuine people out there looking fro love marriage and long commitment. (wether there from Russia or South East Asia or where ever)

I can only see a growing number of men and I guess women being dis encharted with what is 'on offer' in UK and going down this route .

Marriages always did last longer when women were economically dependent on men. One of the prime causes of the high divorce rate is that women are more free to choose now that they usually have independent means.

If it meant a choice between a cosy semi in the Home Counties with a fridge full of M&S food or back to the grimy,crumbling tenement shared with 5 other families in Novosibirsk I think even I would find the motivation to make a relationship work.

C'mon, there must be a few other closet realists out there on the forum. Delightful & inspiring though it is to hear so many tales of marital bliss, surely not everyone is starry-eyed and loved-up?

LMC
22nd-November-2005, 10:44 AM
OK, since jivecat has asked, I'll come out of the closet.

Yes, physical fitness/genotype can make age differences less important.

It was also why I believed that I was seeing an "old-looking" (and behaving) 40 year-old - he was a workaholic - who was actually a "young-looking" (and behaving) 52 year-old. I was 32. Twenty years was too much difference for me.

When all this 'came out' - as these things inevitably do - he said he'd lied because I wouldn't have looked at him otherwise. He was right - even now, I wouldn't knowingly start a relationship with someone 20 years older than myself because I'm selfish enough to want not to be left alone - of course you can't predict illnesses or accidents, but in the natural course of events, he would have died of old age well before I did. IMO, there is nothing intrinsically wrong or immoral about age differences. But I can't/won't get involved with someone much older or younger than me. Perhaps this is down to personal experience - my 81-year old grandfather died when I was only 10 or 11 - leaving my grandmother devastated (they had been very happy together) at the age of only 59.

My older partner and I got along well (and the sex was fantastic) so the relationship staggered on for another year or so after the age gap was revealed. If it had not been for the age difference, then maybe I would have been prepared to make an effort to resolve other issues (not relevant here), but ultimately, I could not get over the age difference - my uncle, who I have always thought of as being in my parents generation is a year younger than this particular ex, for goodness sake!

philsmove
16th-January-2006, 06:38 PM
An old man of ninety was sitting on a park bench crying. A policeman noticed this and asked him why he was crying. "Well," says the old man, "I just got married to a twenty-five year old woman. Every morning she makes me a wonderful breakfast and then we make love. In the afternoon she makes me a wonderful lunch and then we make love. At dinner time she makes me a wonderful supper and then we make love." The policeman looks at the old man and says, "You shouldn't be crying! You should be the happiest man in the world!" So the old man says, "I know! I'm crying because I don't remember where I live!"

thewacko
17th-January-2006, 01:38 AM
in my opinion it doesn't matter

:mad: but in my Honest Opinion if a 40year old tried dating my 19year old daughter, he had better keep his b*****ks well out of my reach or I would tear them off with me bare hands:mad:

under par
17th-January-2006, 01:49 AM
What really matters is how people get on with each other and is nothing to with any age difference.

Historically wealthy men used to take a young bride and the bride was often under 16 but that was in the days when we didn,t have the health and wealth we have now and it was not uncommon for women to have 10- offspring or die in childbirth.

If 2 people care for each other and look after each other let them be whatever age difference there is.

Little Monkey
17th-January-2006, 02:48 PM
What really matters is how people get on with each other and is nothing to with any age difference.

If 2 people care for each other and look after each other let them be whatever age difference there is.

:D

Barry Shnikov
17th-January-2006, 09:47 PM
in my opinion it doesn't matter

:mad: but in my Honest Opinion if a 40year old tried dating my 19year old daughter, he had better keep his b*****ks well out of my reach or I would tear them off with me bare hands:mad:

She didn't tell you about us then??:yum: :yum:

Barry Shnikov
17th-January-2006, 09:52 PM

It was also why I believed that I was seeing an "old-looking" (and behaving) 40 year-old - he was a workaholic - who was actually a "young-looking" (and behaving) 52 year-old. I was 32. Twenty years was too much difference for me.ultimately, I could not get over the age difference - my uncle, who I have always thought of as being in my parents generation is a year younger than this particular ex, for goodness sake!

It's one of those decisions, isn't it? You don't bounce up to someone and say "Hey, I'm twenty years older than you! Fancy a shag?"
When it turns into more than you were expecting, the fear factor steps in and you never have the guts to say, "actually, there's something I ought to tell you..."

My mum remarried only a few years after she divorced my dad. She was a little - er - shy about her real age, and so was my stepfather. Accordingly, it wasn't until they were signing the register in the church that they realised he had claimed to be 5 years older than he was, and she to be 5 years younger - they were ten years apart!!

25th anniversary last year, though...

David Bailey
17th-January-2006, 10:32 PM
It's one of those decisions, isn't it? You don't bounce up to someone and say "Hey, I'm twenty years older than you! Fancy a shag?"
You don't? Damn, I knew I was doing something wrong :tears:

Little Monkey
17th-January-2006, 11:07 PM

:rofl:

No, but you don't bounce up to people and say "Hey, we're the same age, fancy a shag?" either, do you?

Age isn't really that important. If two peole fancy each other and want to be together, surely that's what matters, as long as both partners are aware of, and happy about, the age gap? But if I'd found out that my partner had lied about his age, I would probably dump him! Not because he's older (or indeed younger) than he'd led me to believe, but because he'd lied to me. And that's completely unacceptable!

So, Sheepy...... It was 39 you said, wasn't it?:whistle:

David Bailey
17th-January-2006, 11:17 PM
No, but you don't bounce up to people and say "Hey, we're the same age, fancy a shag?" either, do you?
Damnit, you mean that's Plan B down the toilet too? :what: :tears:

Little Monkey
17th-January-2006, 11:34 PM
Damnit, you mean that's Plan B down the toilet too? :what: :tears:

Yup, sorry, you'll just have to be charming instead.

LMC
17th-January-2006, 11:50 PM
Age isn't really that important. If two peole fancy each other and want to be together, surely that's what matters, as long as both partners are aware of, and happy about, the age gap?
:yeah: - as I said, my grandmother and grandfather (22 years gap) were very happy together. It's just "not for me" on a rational level - being swept off my feet is possible I suppose, but unpredictable by its very nature (ain't that right LM? :whistle: :hug: :clap: 'cos I'm really truly happy for you).

But if I'd found out that my partner had lied about his age, I would probably dump him! Not because he's older (or indeed younger) than he'd led me to believe, but because he'd lied to me. And that's completely unacceptable!
Exactly.

Telling me he had no kids was :eek: as well (what does lying about something like THAT say about someone :( ) - if it hadn't been for that, then maybe, just maybe, I could have got over the age thing - but as LM says, it's the lie that matters.

Little Monkey
18th-January-2006, 12:02 AM
Telling me he had no kids was :eek: as well (what does lying about something like THAT say about someone :( ) - if it hadn't been for that, then maybe, just maybe, I could have got over the age thing - but as LM says, it's the lie that matters.

Hmmm, sounds like a really nice guy you were dating. :what:

So, how many of the guys online do you think lie about their age, then? I came across a couple that actually lied and said they were older than they actually were, 'cus they wanted to date older women, and found that most women wanted someone their own age or older! Then, after admitting to being much younger than they'd initially said, they asked me if I'd be interested in a date, to which my reply was "No, I don't date liars".

Clive Long
18th-January-2006, 12:18 AM
<< snip >> they asked me if I'd be interested in a date, to which my reply was "No, I don't date liars".
I don't lie or cheat in relationships.

It has nothing to do with moral scruples ... just appalling memory for the lies I would have to remember ...

Women ... who needs lie detectors ?

Woger

On-topic: If any 25-year old female dancers want to test the various theories and views written in this thread .... I am currently available ...

Lynn
18th-January-2006, 12:36 AM
Historically wealthy men used to take a young bride and the bride was often under 16 but that was in the days when we didn,t have the health and wealth we have now and it was not uncommon for women to have 10- offspring or die in childbirth. I also know that there was a pattern of men marrying very late here in Ireland - they had to wait until they inherited land before they could be financially able to marry, then they married younger women in order to be able to have children. People no longer have those limiting factors.

What really matters is how people get on with each other and is nothing to with any age difference. :yeah:

TheTramp
18th-January-2006, 01:22 AM
So, how many of the guys online do you think lie about their age, then?

Dunno. But I'm 17. :rolleyes:

Sparkles
18th-January-2006, 10:28 AM
On-topic: If any 25-year old female dancers want to test the various theories and views written in this thread .... I am currently available ...
Having just turned 25... should I be worried? :what:

Barry Shnikov
18th-January-2006, 02:11 PM

Wow, that's harsh for his kids, too.

I wouldn't dream of saying that you reacted in the wrong way when you found out. It's like "when do we tell little Sally that she was adopted?" You know very well you have to tell her, just that a good time never seems to turn up...

thewacko
20th-January-2006, 11:12 PM
She didn't tell you about us then??:yum: :yum:
Oh yes I meant to ask

howz it been dancing wifout any b*****ks

thewacko
20th-January-2006, 11:16 PM
How did you meet ?

Age is just number when your past 35 as a women and past 40 as a man :whistle:

As a kid I was proud to be 9 and 3/4 that 3/4 being 'important', doesnt seem to bother me that much now those 1/4 bits :sad:
but as a man aproaching his 50's every little 1/4 counts:tears: :tears: :tears:

thewacko
20th-January-2006, 11:17 PM
Having just turned 25... should I be worried? :what:
naw

by the way my mobile number is 07*************

hey franko why did you do that:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Barry Shnikov
21st-January-2006, 12:42 AM
As a kid I was proud to be 9 and 3/4...
Christ, proud isn't the word...

>wince<

...eyewatering...

philsmove
22nd-January-2006, 01:57 AM

Magic Hans
28th-January-2006, 10:29 AM
Have no real opinion of this.

As has already been said, generally chronological age doesn't matter much. However emotional age is really quite important, and there is plenty of adolescent 40 year olds running around (mostly blokes as far as I can tell).

Having said that, as a general rule, my suspicions would be raised where there were a greater than 15 year gap.

Little Monkey
28th-January-2006, 03:46 PM
Having said that, as a general rule, my suspicions would be raised where there were a greater than 15 year gap.

Yeah. Shocking. Do people really date anyone that much older / younger?
*GASP* I do!! :eek:

But then I'm very sensible, mature, dignified and serious, so make up for the age gap by being emotionally very mature.........:whistle: :rofl:

Sorry MH, couldn't quite help myself there.....:blush:

Little Monkey
28th-January-2006, 03:48 PM
Dunno. But I'm 17. :rolleyes:

So, not just a beginner on the dancefloor, then? :rofl:

LMC
28th-January-2006, 04:28 PM
That seems a bit ridiculous.

A 28-year old going out with a 14-year old would be suspicious. But no-one bats an eyelid at a 44-year old going out with a 60-year old.

jivecat
28th-January-2006, 07:20 PM
That seems a bit ridiculous.

A 28-year old going out with a 14-year old would be suspicious. But no-one bats an eyelid at a 44-year old going out with a 60-year old.

So no-one would turn a hair at a 44-year old man going out with a 60-year old woman, then?

Minnie M
28th-January-2006, 09:02 PM
A 14 year old is a minor :rolleyes:

So no-one would turn a hair at a 44-year old man going out with a 60-year old woman, then?
Joan Collins + Husband :whistle:
Talking as someone over 60, I can honestly say that I am possibly more immature than most forumites :blush: and possibly have more energy than a lots of 44 year olds :innocent:

LMC
28th-January-2006, 09:50 PM
A 14 year old is a minor :rolleyes:
Exactly, but unfortunately guys in their 20s quite frequently "take advantage" of young girls sadly :( - and there have been a couple of high profile cases recently of female school teachers behaving inappropriately with teenage pupils.

I dunno about no-one, but I wouldn't bat an eyelid (my post was deliberately non-gender-specific). Go for it Minnie :wink: (I still can't believe you're a day over 55 meself!)

Minnie M
28th-January-2006, 10:10 PM
....... Go for it Minnie :wink: .....
:confused: sorry :innocent: not sure what you mean there :really:
I am not interested in men who are the same age or not much older than my son, it would not feel right :sick: but that is a personal thing and I wouldn't think for a minute they would be interested in me ..... it's all about chemistry and the aura you transmit :flower:

Heather M
29th-January-2006, 12:40 AM
In this life, if you find someone who makes you happy, that's the only thing that matters.

philsmove
25th-March-2006, 12:47 AM
Age may not matter but maybe money does :whistle:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4841094.stm

Alice
25th-March-2006, 01:18 AM

It was also why I believed that I was seeing an "old-looking" (and behaving) 40 year-old - he was a workaholic - who was actually a "young-looking" (and behaving) 52 year-old. I was 32. Twenty years was too much difference for me.

When all this 'came out' - as these things inevitably do - he said he'd lied because I wouldn't have looked at him otherwise. He was right - even now, I wouldn't knowingly start a relationship with someone 20 years older than myself because I'm selfish enough to want not to be left alone - of course you can't predict illnesses or accidents, but in the natural course of events, he would have died of old age well before I did. IMO, there is nothing intrinsically wrong or immoral about age differences. But I can't/won't get involved with someone much older or younger than me. Perhaps this is down to personal experience - my 81-year old grandfather died when I was only 10 or 11 - leaving my grandmother devastated (they had been very happy together) at the age of only 59.

My older partner and I got along well (and the sex was fantastic) so the relationship staggered on for another year or so after the age gap was revealed. If it had not been for the age difference, then maybe I would have been prepared to make an effort to resolve other issues (not relevant here), but ultimately, I could not get over the age difference - my uncle, who I have always thought of as being in my parents generation is a year younger than this particular ex, for goodness sake!
Yeah, I've been in a similar situation- 16 year age gap but he lied about it (I was later tipped off by some friends)... the fact that he didn't see fit to explain the presence of a child car seat in his car (until I asked him straight out- he had a 3year old daughter) didn't really help either.
I realized that I was not comfortable with the age gap and in particular the fact he had a daughter- but in the end, even if I had been, the lies/avoidance would have been a massive red light. Made me wonder what else he was hiding!
Even now I can't work out why he bothered lying about his age- he knew I had a problem about it, but saying he was 37 rather than 41ish really didn't make that big a difference. :mad: Grrrr.

Barry Shnikov
25th-March-2006, 12:58 PM
there have been a couple of high profile cases recently of female school teachers behaving inappropriately with teenage pupils.

>sigh<

Spent 10 years hoping for that.

philsmove
25th-March-2006, 02:34 PM
>sigh<

Spent 10 years hoping for that.

:rofl: :rofl: reminds me of Miss Wescott the whole class was in love with her

djtrev
25th-March-2006, 02:57 PM
I haven't been on this thread for some time but if I may put my twopenneth(?) in for what its worth.

Julie is 24 years younger than me;it didnt matter one bit when we first got together but if I am perfectly honest, as I now reach the age of 65 both the physical and emotional aspects take on a more demanding role and there are times when I am sure we both find it very stressful.
Sometimes I feel that the word LOVE means different things to different people at various stages in their relationship.
I love my wife now with the same passion that I felt when we first met but that is because I still look at her and think she is,in my eyes,young and beautiful.
On the other hand I believe that my wifes love for me is on a different level simply because of that age difference.
I obviously wouldn't change things as they are (well,yes I do wish I was 20 years younger) but the bottom line is when you start to get into the retirement zone 20 years difference is too much.

jivecat
25th-March-2006, 03:53 PM
I haven't been on this thread for some time but if I may put my twopenneth(?) in for what its worth.

Julie is 24 years younger than me;it didnt matter one bit when we first got together but if I am perfectly honest, as I now reach the age of 65 both the physical and emotional aspects take on a more demanding role and there are times when I am sure we both find it very stressful.
Sometimes I feel that the word LOVE means different things to different people at various stages in their relationship.
I love my wife now with the same passion that I felt when we first met but that is because I still look at her and think she is,in my eyes,young and beautiful.
On the other hand I believe that my wifes love for me is on a different level simply because of that age difference.
I obviously wouldn't change things as they are (well,yes I do wish I was 20 years younger) but the bottom line is when you start to get into the retirement zone 20 years difference is too much.

Thanks for this excellent and honest post, DJ Trev. I think this sums up for me that you can't just pretend that physical differences don't exist or are of no importance whatsoever. However, they may not matter in the end because for most people, emotional compatibility is paramount and can overcome the problems created by age disparity. Though I don't think that's true for everyone.

philsmove
25th-March-2006, 07:00 PM
I haven't been on this thread for some time .......

the respect smiley does not seem quite right but:respect:

Donna
27th-March-2006, 12:53 PM
Age may not matter but maybe money does :whistle:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4841094.stm

Oh, my, god! :eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :tears: :rofl: :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
28th-March-2006, 06:46 PM
Ive dated a 23 yrs old and 52yr old this year

Beat that !!

Well done sweetie :clap: :clap:

I really don't think age matters, so long as you don't go under the age of consent rule!!

When I was 16 I was with a fella of 21 and we stayed together for 2 and half years :clap:

at 22 I was with a fella of 48 :D

I will not disclose my recent encounter yet :rofl: but it was good :drool:

Rhythm King
28th-March-2006, 07:15 PM

I've told you before about that cradle snatching!!:devil:

WittyBird
28th-March-2006, 07:20 PM

So I heard :wink:

Missy D
28th-March-2006, 08:29 PM

Come on Taz spill the beans!

drathzel
28th-March-2006, 09:57 PM
I've told you before about that cradle snatching!!:devil:

You might want to have that conversation with a few of the guys i have dated!:D

oh and taz :yeah: too with the age of consent thing :whistle:

drathzel
28th-March-2006, 09:58 PM

Barry Shnikov
28th-March-2006, 11:21 PM
at 22 I was with a fella of 48 :D

Now that's the sort of 22 year olds I'm looking for...

Rhythm King
28th-March-2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah - people say I should go out with women whose age matches mine. I'm looking for some twenty-something twins :devil:

Barry Shnikov
28th-March-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah - people say I should go out with women whose age matches mine. I'm looking for some twenty-something twins :devil:

What about a mother-daughter combo?:devil:

drathzel
28th-March-2006, 11:36 PM
What about a mother-daughter combo?:devil:

thought we were trying to keep legal ages here! RK isnt that old

Barry Shnikov
28th-March-2006, 11:41 PM
thought we were trying to keep legal ages here! RK isnt thatold

Who's counting?

Anyway, have you seen his passport?:eek:

drathzel
28th-March-2006, 11:44 PM
Who's counting?

Anyway, have you seen his passport?:eek:

No, but you can tell a trees age by the rings on its trunk, who says the same doesnt apply to men?

Barry Shnikov
28th-March-2006, 11:56 PM
No, but you can tell a trees age by the rings on its trunk, who says the same doesnt apply to men?

Blimey - it's a long way from being a non-intrusive method!! What are you going to do - use a cheese corer?

drathzel
29th-March-2006, 12:00 AM
Blimey - it's a long way from being a non-intrusive method!! What are you going to do - use a cheese corer?

you never know RK might like that type of thing!:yum:

Tazmanian Devil
29th-March-2006, 12:09 AM
Blimey I go dancing and all hell lets loose:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So I heard :wink:
:grin: :innocent:

Not yet will see what comes of it first sorry :flower:

Now that's the sort of 22 year olds I'm looking for
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 4 years ago that will have been me :D

you never know RK might like that type of thing!
Only if there is rice pudding available :clap: :wink:

drathzel
29th-March-2006, 12:11 AM
Not yet will see what comes of it first sorry :flower:

Only if there is rice pudding available :clap: :wink:

Ok Ok, but soon!

Isnt there always:devil:

Tazmanian Devil
29th-March-2006, 12:30 AM
Ok Ok, but soon!
O.K I promise :flower:

Isnt there always:devil:
:yum:

drathzel
29th-March-2006, 12:38 AM
O.K I promise :flower:

:yum:

In fact i have some in the cupboard, fancy a party! What age are you TD, I'm 22, does it work out for RK?

Tazmanian Devil
29th-March-2006, 12:42 AM
In fact i have some in the cupboard, fancy a party! What age are you TD, I'm 22, does it work out for RK?

Only if he's 48 as I am 26 :clap: :respect:

drathzel
29th-March-2006, 12:42 AM
Only if he's 48 as I am 26 :clap: :respect:

wait till he comes back and see, but i dont think he's that old!:hug:

Rhythm King
29th-March-2006, 05:44 PM

Looks like you me and Taz have a date then :D I'll bring the baby oil, rice pudding, liquid chocolate and some bit and pieces, you two bring your favourite toys and we'll meet in the back room, through the secret door behind the singletons sofa. Don't tell anyone else :wink:

Tazmanian Devil
29th-March-2006, 05:50 PM
Looks like you me and Taz have a date then :D I'll bring the baby oil and some bit and pieces, you two bring your favourite toys and we'll meet in the back room, through the secret door behind the singletons sofa then. Don't tell anyone else :wink:

Ooohh O.K your on :wink:

thewacko
29th-March-2006, 06:01 PM
Looks like you me and Taz have a date then :D I'll bring the baby oil, rice pudding, liquid chocolate and some bit and pieces, you two bring your favourite toys and we'll meet in the back room, through the secret door behind the singletons sofa. Don't tell anyone else :wink:
hee hee I now know
luckily I happen to be one of Taz'z favourite toys:what: and I'm 48:what: :what:

meet you behind the sofa girls dont tell RK we will suprise him:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

thewacko
29th-March-2006, 06:03 PM
what do you mean that old:tears: :tears: :tears:

Tazmanian Devil
29th-March-2006, 06:06 PM
hee hee I now know
luckily I happen to be one of Taz'z favourite toys:what: and I'm 48:what: :what:

meet you behind the sofa girls dont tell RK we will suprise him:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Thats it disclose alllll my secrets :rolleyes:

Rhythm King
29th-March-2006, 06:10 PM
hee hee I now know

Does A Certain Lady know this :confused:

thewacko
29th-March-2006, 06:19 PM
Does A Certain Lady know this :confused:
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

:flower: :flower: :flower:
ok I will stay away:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

thewacko
29th-March-2006, 06:21 PM
Thats it disclose alllll my secrets :rolleyes:
well the 48 year old was ....

:innocent: NO EVEN I CANT DO THAT

:devil: GO ON

:innocent: NO NEVER

:devil: £££££££££££££:whistle:

WELL IN THAT CASE:devil:

Tazmanian Devil
29th-March-2006, 06:27 PM
well the 48 year old was ....

:innocent: NO EVEN I CANT DO THAT

:devil: GO ON

:innocent: NO NEVER

:devil: £££££££££££££:whistle:

WELL IN THAT CASE:devil:

Wow you do have morals then :devil:

Either that or you have some blackmail lined up :sad:

thewacko
29th-March-2006, 06:29 PM
Wow you do have morals then :devil:
strange my rep hasn't gone up:confused:

as I was saying the 48 year old (4 years ago) was . . .

naw I think I will wait a while longer

thewacko
29th-March-2006, 09:04 PM
strange my rep hasn't gone up:confused:

as I was saying the 48 year old (4 years ago) was . . .

naw I think I will wait a while longer

mmmmmmmm ok it has gone up :devil: but not by a certain Taz person:devil:

:innocent: I will wait till tomorrow before I post names me thinks:whistle: unless a certain taz person wishes to boost my rep:waycool:

:rofl: :yeah: :rofl: :yeah: :rofl: :yeah: :rofl:

Barry Shnikov
29th-March-2006, 10:33 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 4 years ago that will have been me :D

...I could pretend to be 52 I suppose...

Andy McGregor
29th-March-2006, 10:49 PM
...I could pretend to be 52 I suppose...I've just noticed that Barry and thewacko have the same forum age as they both joined in Oct 2003.

Are they actually different people or is one the suspender wearing alter-ego of the sensible other.

p.s. I'm not 48 or 52 ...

.. I'm somewhere between.

drathzel
29th-March-2006, 11:36 PM

Woohoo, a little bit of post dance rummaging is always good!

are you really that old then, i would have put u younger!:hug:

drathzel
29th-March-2006, 11:38 PM
what do you mean that old:tears: :tears: :tears:

ok sorry would you prefer me to say, i didnt think he was old!! Cuz that sounds so much better!

Taz you have fun toys!:devil:

drathzel
29th-March-2006, 11:40 PM

Good to see you are sooo giving, willing to sacrifice for the greater good :whistle:

Tazmanian Devil
30th-March-2006, 12:17 AM
mmmmmmmm ok it has gone up :devil: but not by a certain Taz person:devil:

:innocent: I will wait till tomorrow before I post names me thinks:whistle: unless a certain taz person wishes to boost my rep:waycool:
I have not repped you for 1 simple reason and that is for every time I have repped you in the past you have neg repped me in return :angry: I don't care if you disclose whom I had a relationship with really he is a lovely man and we still get on well just not in that way!! :flower:
Anyway if it wasn't for me dating that certain non forumite then we probably wouldn't have met and become such good friends :respect:

:rofl: :rofl: Your place or mine :wink:

Taz you have fun toys!
I know you should see the rest of them :wink: :D

drathzel
30th-March-2006, 12:19 AM
I know you should see the rest of them :wink: :D

maybe we could share trade secrets, as long as you dont tell wacko, he can tell your secrets but not mine:D

Tazmanian Devil
30th-March-2006, 12:25 AM
maybe we could share trade secrets, as long as you dont tell wacko, he can tell your secrets but not mine:D

Deal :D

*takes drathzel into corner for some trade secret sharing*

Oooh Nice :D

drathzel
30th-March-2006, 12:25 AM

Must try that... but how much older does he need to be?:devil:

stewart38
30th-March-2006, 12:32 AM
My friend dated a 23yr old and a 52yr old who turned out to be 58yr old
The only thing that mattered to the first was a visa and for the 2nd what mattered was what her boyfriend thought, Age didnt come into it :respect:

Tazmanian Devil
30th-March-2006, 12:58 AM
Must try that... but how much older does he need to be?:devil:
a mature age helps :devil:

My friend dated a 23yr old and a 52yr old who turned out to be 58yr old
The only thing that mattered to the first was a visa and for the 2nd what mattered was what her boyfriend thought, Age didnt come into it :respect:
Had to read this twice to understand it but now I am there :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thewacko
30th-March-2006, 12:05 PM

thewacko recovers hidden tape recorder from Tazmanian devils room

Damn wrong room, which corner did they go into - now i may never discover the secrets of drathzel:tears: :tears:

what are all these strange chains and rubber things in Taz's corner:eek:

Tazmanian Devil
30th-March-2006, 12:07 PM
what are all these strange chains and rubber things in Taz's corner:eek:
Strange :confused: You loaned them to me :what:

thewacko
30th-March-2006, 12:22 PM
Strange :confused: You loaned them to me :what:
er um er

They were here when we moved in and I just thought they were yours
oy taz I want them back now!!!:whistle: :innocent:

drathzel
30th-March-2006, 12:23 PM
er um er

They were here when we moved in and I just thought they were yours

Get in line,she promised to lend them to me first!

Tazmanian Devil
30th-March-2006, 12:32 PM
:na: :na:

Get in line,she promised to lend them to me first!

They are nice and strong :D No escaping :wink:

drathzel
30th-March-2006, 12:33 PM
:na: :na:

They are nice and strong :D No escaping :wink:

Oh the best type!:clap:

Donna
30th-March-2006, 01:21 PM
I bet you anything this thread will be moved up stairs any moment!! :rofl: Will be interesting to see who goes too far then! :rofl: (my bets are on the wacko!)

Tazmanian Devil
30th-March-2006, 01:42 PM
I bet you anything this thread will be moved up stairs any moment!! :rofl: Will be interesting to see who goes too far then! :rofl: (my bets are on the wacko!)
:yeah: It won't be me or drathzel we are good girls :D

*gives drathzel a demo on how the chains and rubber things work!!*

drathzel
30th-March-2006, 01:42 PM

Nah, we are not that bad, you should see the stuff that is upstairs tho!

Do you think mushrooms change flavour with age?:devil:

Tazmanian Devil
30th-March-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah I think they are probably a bit sower :devil:

Rhythm King
30th-March-2006, 02:40 PM
Note to self - must buy shares in Duracell... :whistle:

Donna
30th-March-2006, 02:43 PM

Tazmanian Devil
30th-March-2006, 02:45 PM
Better make them the extra strength ones :rofl:

drathzel
30th-March-2006, 04:18 PM

i already do!:devil:

thewacko
31st-March-2006, 11:12 PM
Batteries:confused:

What is going on I make a simple comment about finding my bycicle chain and spare innertubes in taz's room and say I want them back and all of a sudden there are comments about going upstairs - I live on the first floor and the only upstairs from here is my loft

and as for me going too far, well quite frankly with my gut I would be lucky to get to the end of the street on a bicycle.

What I need is a young wench with a tandem ( so I can cheet and let her peddle:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

thewacko
31st-March-2006, 11:14 PM
innocently gets back the the thread)

any offers - all buxom wenches considered - interviews being held within next two weeks:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

For application form send photo of tandem

Gadget
31st-March-2006, 11:43 PM
For application form send photo of tandem
http://www.trekbikes.com/images/bikes/2004/road/large/t1000.jpg

:confused: What am I applying for?

thewacko
31st-March-2006, 11:50 PM
http://www.trekbikes.com/images/bikes/2004/road/large/t1000.jpg

:confused: What am I applying for?
ok your not buxom, your not a wench

but with that bike - hey you have a job

you start on Tuesday after easter - need to get to work somehow!!!

Barry Shnikov
1st-April-2006, 11:00 AM
Good to see you are sooo giving, willing to sacrifice for the greater good :whistle:

Um. That's sarcasm, I suppose.

Only teenage boys usually have anything to gain with women by pretending to be older...

Barry Shnikov
1st-April-2006, 11:01 AM
:rofl: :rofl: Your place or mine :wink:

Har har!! It worked!

Barry Shnikov
1st-April-2006, 11:03 AM
:yeah: It won't be me or drathzel we are good girls :D

>sighs of disappointment all over Britain<

Barry Shnikov
1st-April-2006, 11:04 AM

Not sure, but what if I promise to eat lots of pineapples?

Tazmanian Devil
1st-April-2006, 01:46 PM
Har har!! It worked!
So that was just a cunning plan then :confused:

>sighs of disappointment all over Britain<
For you darling I am sure we can make an exception :wink:

:drool:

thewacko
2nd-April-2006, 09:21 AM
I am saying nowt, but Barry be very careful being in the same room as Taz and Pineapples:eek:

SECRETSPY
2nd-April-2006, 10:42 AM
Being only 19 years of age, I find that at most venues the ladies tend to be a lot older than me

BRING IT ON

Barry Shnikov
2nd-April-2006, 07:03 PM
Being only 19 years of age, I find that at most venues the ladies tend to be a lot older than me

I'm a lot older than that, and they tend to be older than me! (Or look as though they are...)

[ducks]

Barry Shnikov
2nd-April-2006, 07:05 PM
I am saying nowt, but Barry be very careful being in the same room as Taz and Pineapples:eek:

It's funny, cos I'm trying to work out how to engineer that very situation...

Tazmanian Devil
3rd-April-2006, 12:49 AM

Keep going darling you are doing well at the moment :wink:

SECRETSPY
3rd-April-2006, 10:15 PM
may I suggest tinned pineapple slices - they sound safer listening to you people

Jive smoothly
Brian

thewacko
3rd-April-2006, 10:21 PM
may I suggest tinned pineapple slices - they sound safer listening to you people

drathzel
4th-April-2006, 08:06 PM

BRING IT ON

Where is it you dance?

Barry Shnikov
4th-April-2006, 10:37 PM
Where is it you dance?

...she said, wide-eyed and innocent...

Tazmanian Devil
5th-April-2006, 12:24 AM

Innocent :confused: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

drathzel
5th-April-2006, 12:44 AM
Innocent :confused: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:yeah: :rofl: im not even going to try an deny it!

drathzel
5th-April-2006, 12:47 AM

I just wanna know where all the young men dance:D

Barry Shnikov
5th-April-2006, 06:51 PM

You don't want young men. They know nothing. Nothing, I tell you. Viz the old story:

Old bull and young bull, fresh out of the barn, surveying field full of cows.

Young bull: (hyperventilating) "Let's rush down there and shag a cow!! Whaddaya say? Huh? Huh?"

Old bull: "Let's amble down there and shag the lot."

By 'shag', of course, one is referring to the 60s dance craze...

Tazmanian Devil
5th-April-2006, 08:14 PM
I have a few of those lined up for tonight :clap: :clap:

thewacko
5th-April-2006, 10:22 PM
Where is it you dance?
I did see SECRETSPY dance with an older irish bird at Slinkys:cool:

Alice
5th-April-2006, 10:56 PM
Purely for research purposes, of course :innocent:

:whistle:

drathzel
5th-April-2006, 11:26 PM
I did see SECRETSPY dance with an older irish bird at Slinkys:cool:
really who was that?:confused:

drathzel
5th-April-2006, 11:27 PM
Purely for research purposes, of course :innocent:

:whistle:
I would just like some young men for our young customers!:D

Tazmanian Devil
5th-April-2006, 11:53 PM
I know some :D Unfortunately for you though they are my end of the world :rofl: :rofl:

Although there is one :drool: :drool: thats not my end of the world :tears: :tears: but neither is he yours :D :D

Sorry I am being no help am I :devil:

linny lou!
6th-April-2006, 04:32 PM

yes pleeaassseee! hehehe :awe: :D

pjay
7th-April-2006, 01:34 PM

What constitutes young these days?

Tazmanian Devil
7th-April-2006, 04:03 PM
What constitutes young these days?
You'll do :yum:

pjay
8th-April-2006, 12:50 AM
You'll do :yum:

Excellent, I'm young, right, where are all the girls that are lining up for the young men then?

djtrev
1st-July-2007, 05:44 PM
I have just found out that it bloody well does.!!!!!!!

Andy McGregor
1st-July-2007, 05:51 PM
I have just found out that it bloody well does.!!!!!!!Spill:devil:

philsmove
13th-June-2008, 02:47 PM
Egypt bans 92-year-old's marriage (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7452456.stm)

LuLu Baby
13th-June-2008, 04:11 PM
The perfect thread! :rofl:

I prefer older men... but yeah, I think 92 is pushing it a bit, even I wouldn't go there! :blush: I would possibly make an exception if they were wearing a tux :na: But, 56 is my limit (you think I'm joking too... :rofl:)

dep
14th-June-2008, 08:50 AM
........I prefer older men... ........... But, 56 is my limit (you think I'm joking too... :rofl:)you're misusing insider information. I'm devastated:tears::(

Barry Shnikov
14th-June-2008, 01:59 PM
you're misusing insider information. I'm devastated:tears::(

Tough luck, Dep. Just move to one side a bit, if you please...

dep
14th-June-2008, 03:46 PM
Tough luck, Dep. Just move to one side a bit, if you please...you'll have to push harder than that.
I still hoping she'll wake up to the advantages of maturity.

Gus
14th-June-2008, 03:56 PM
you'll have to push harder than that.
I still hoping she'll wake up to the advantages of maturity. .... and let me guess ... you two boys would still be squaring off if Lulu wasn't such a hot babe? :whistle:

dep
14th-June-2008, 04:01 PM
....... you two boys........ Thanks for the compliment.
I hope Lulu is reading now?

LuLu Baby
14th-June-2008, 04:46 PM
Tough luck, Dep. Just move to one side a bit, if you please...

.... and let me guess ... you two boys would still be squaring off if Lulu wasn't such a hot babe? :whistle:

What have I started! :blush: :rofl:

Barry Shnikov
14th-June-2008, 05:23 PM

She's awake to the advantages of maturity. You need to hope she'll discover the (doubtful) advantages of decrepitude.:what:

Barry Shnikov
14th-June-2008, 05:24 PM
.... and let me guess ... you two boys would still be squaring off if Lulu wasn't such a hot babe? :whistle:

Who's squaring off? I'm trying to resuscitate dep even as we speak. One polite barge and he was flatlining...

LuLu Baby
14th-June-2008, 05:30 PM
She's awake to the advantages of maturity. You need to hope she'll discover the (doubtful) advantages of decrepitude.:what:

I am definitely awake to the advantages of maturity... :whistle:

Who's squaring off? I'm trying to resuscitate dep even as we speak. One polite barge and he was flatlining...

stewart38
16th-June-2008, 05:29 PM
The perfect thread! :rofl:

I prefer older men... but yeah, I think 92 is pushing it a bit, even I wouldn't go there! :blush: I would possibly make an exception if they were wearing a tux :na: But, 56 is my limit (you think I'm joking too... :rofl:)

So would you at 20 now consider yourself too old for someone who is 56 ?

Max age difference in my dating life time has been around 15yrs not 36 :worthy:

LuLu Baby
16th-June-2008, 06:10 PM
So would you at 20 now consider yourself too old for someone who is 56 ?

Max age difference in my dating life time has been around 15yrs not 36 :worthy:

No, at 20, my limit is 56 - I wouldn't go for anyone older than that. It is irrelevant anyway. And my choice :flower:

dep
16th-June-2008, 06:37 PM
No, at 20, my limit is 56 - I wouldn't go for anyone older than that. It is irrelevant anyway. And my choice :flower:maybe I'm back in with a shout, LuLu is twenty one next week:clap:

Barry Shnikov
16th-June-2008, 10:46 PM
maybe I'm back in with a shout, LuLu is twenty one next week:clap:

That's a relief. I thought you were a goner the other day.:D

dep
16th-June-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm trying to resuscitate dep even as we speak. One polite barge and he was flatlining...

That's a relief. I thought you were a goner the other day.:DI do love your mouth to mouth.

Barry Shnikov
17th-June-2008, 11:30 PM
I do love your mouth to mouth.

Are you free, Mr Humphries?

Crazy Shark
17th-June-2008, 11:47 PM

That's a relief. I thought you were a goner the other day.:D

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Far too funny.

Wow 56 age limit :eek:. My age limit is 32 years old. But as i get older it'll change.

Get in there LuLu Baby :wink:

dep
18th-June-2008, 08:44 AM
. My age limit is 32 years old. But as i get older it'll change. I hope that typo meant to say "my age limit is 32 years older".
Else, I'll hare to die my hair, pay for a face lift and all the other bits that need rejuvenating.

Barry Shnikov
18th-June-2008, 10:41 AM
I hope that typo meant to say "my age limit is 32 years older".
Else, I'll hare to die my hair, pay for a face lift and all the other bits that need rejuvenating.

You need to hope she'll discover the (doubtful) advantages of decrepitude.

:waycool:

LuLu Baby
18th-June-2008, 10:54 AM
Get in there LuLu Baby :wink:

The best saying in life - why have a boy, when you can have a man? :wink: I've also heard this saying about women, but can make it fit men - Men are like a fine wine, they get better with age :wink:

OK, I'm gonna go now, before I make an a**e of myself... is it too late?? :blush:

Barry Shnikov
18th-June-2008, 11:02 AM
The best saying in life - why have a boy, when you can have a man? :wink: I've also heard this saying about women, but can make it fit men - Men are like a fine wine, they get better with age :wink:

That sounds like an attempt to justify keeping men in the dark so they don't spoil...

LuLu Baby
18th-June-2008, 11:08 AM
That sounds like an attempt to justify keeping men in the dark so they don't spoil...

Well, there are plenty of things that can be done in the dark... you say it like it's a bad thing! :rofl:

dep
18th-June-2008, 11:13 AM
Well, there are plenty of things that can be done in the dark... you say it like it's a bad thing! :rofl:the hole is getting deeper.
Do you want me to bring that ladder?

LuLu Baby
18th-June-2008, 11:16 AM
the hole is getting deeper.

If you could dep, that would be great :blush:

dep
18th-June-2008, 11:25 AM
the hole is getting deeper.

If you could dep, that would be great :blush:that will make two ladders.
The one you need and the one I want to climb.:devil:,:blush:

LuLu Baby
18th-June-2008, 11:28 AM
that will make two ladders.
The one you need and the one I want to climb.:devil:,:blush:

You actually made me embarassed just reading that! I need a drink! :blush:

Crazy Shark
18th-June-2008, 03:14 PM
I hope that typo meant to say "my age limit is 32 years older".

Yep, i meant i don't date guys beyond 32 years old at the age that i am now.

The best saying in life - why have a boy, when you can have a man? I've also heard this saying about women, but can make it fit men - Men are like a fine wine, they get better with age

You actually made me embarassed just reading that! I need a drink!

So you'll be drinking wine then? :wink: :rofl:

Only some men get better with age :rolleyes: LOL. LuLu you have a varity of men to choose ;) LOL

stewart38
18th-June-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, there are plenty of things that can be done in the dark... you say it like it's a bad thing! :rofl:

Yes sleep

Must be getting older :sad:

LuLu Baby
18th-June-2008, 03:28 PM
So you'll be drinking wine then? :wink: :rofl:

LOL ofcourse, what else?! :rolleyes: :rofl:

Yes sleep

Must be getting older :sad:

Exactly, sleeping is what I meant, I'm innocent you know! :innocent:

Crazy Shark
18th-June-2008, 03:31 PM

Age shouldn't matter because its about the personality and matual attraction that should count. But everyone's different.

stewart38
18th-June-2008, 04:18 PM

Age shouldn't matter because its about the personality and matual attraction that should count. But everyone's different.

Would you date someone in there 30s/40s or 50s ?

Barry Shnikov
18th-June-2008, 04:46 PM

Perhaps at some point you and I can explore your attraction to mats...

Barry Shnikov
18th-June-2008, 04:47 PM

You're going to need a time machine if you want her to date you in your 30s...

dep
18th-June-2008, 06:50 PM
Would you date someone in their 30s/40s or 50s ?yes. .

Crazy Shark
18th-June-2008, 06:54 PM

Only in their 20's and early 30's :na:

Perhaps at some point you and I can explore your attraction to mats...

:rofl: ok it was a typo, i was in a hurry. I meant mutual :yum:

You're going to need a time machine if you want her to date you in your 30s...

:rofl::na:

Filthy Monkey
18th-June-2008, 07:19 PM

I've just choked on my dinner!!!

stewart38
19th-June-2008, 02:04 PM
Only in their 20's and early 30's :na:

:

What i find amazing is the majority of people think it wouldn't matter if a 40yr old man dated a 16yr old girl :sad:

Beowulf
19th-June-2008, 02:15 PM
One of my best freinds is engaged (after a few years) to someone that is roughly the same age as his mum - they met at a night out with her youngest daughter when she was at uni (only a couple of years between the daughter and my friend). :shrug:
The only negative is that my freind will never have children of his own because she has been there & done that and they have all now fled home. But his sister has four and I have three that keep him amused :D

I wonder who that was ! :whistle:

My now ex was 19 years my senior and it was fun while it lasted. it didn't work out not because of the age gap but because we were just too different.

My current Girlfriend is ever so slightly older than me.. only by about 3 to 4 years though.

Nothing wrong with an age difference if you ask me.

batnurse
19th-June-2008, 03:41 PM
My current Girlfriend is ever so slightly older than me.. only by about 3 to 4 years though.

Oooh, she's going to love that description...:eek:

Beowulf
19th-June-2008, 04:11 PM
Oooh, she's going to love that description...:eek:

Twirly knows what I mean :awe: She's used to what she refers to my my "Beoisms" :blush:

My Current.. my eternal.. my forever.. (stop me before you upchuck !) :na:

Crazy Shark
19th-June-2008, 04:17 PM
My Current.. my eternal.. my forever.. (stop me before you upchuck !) :na:

Next we'll be wondering when little beos and twirlies will be arriving? ;):)

stewart38
19th-June-2008, 04:33 PM
My now ex was 19 years my senior and it was fun while it lasted. it didn't work out not because of the age gap but because we were just too different.

I think her annoyance that you got in for half price where ever you went didnt help :sad:

Trouble
19th-June-2008, 04:35 PM
I:

That'll be the age thing then. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Twirly
19th-June-2008, 05:46 PM
That'll be the age thing then. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yep, the ex is having her missed-out-on adolesence... and Beo is, well, Beo :love:

(pipe and slippers darling? :devil:)

I used to go for much older men, but as I've got older the men have got younger... :wink:

Barry Shnikov
19th-June-2008, 07:49 PM
I think her annoyance that you got in for half price where ever you went didnt help :sad:

A-a-a-a-nd roll up, roll up - every one's a winner!!:rofl:

Beowulf
20th-June-2008, 08:15 AM
Yep, the ex is having her missed-out-on adolesence... and Beo is, well, Beo :love:

(pipe and slippers darling? :devil:)

Yup.. My-ex is (now) 57 going on 27 and I'm 38 going on 68 !! Despite her being chronologically older than me.. the problem was I was far too grown up for her / She too immature for me :)

So perhaps the question should be does chronological/mental age difference matter?

Now if you excuse me I have some youngsters to growl at, I have some important reminiscing to do about "the good old days" and the 2nd series of “Grumpy old men” to watch on DVD ;)

jivecat
11th-September-2008, 11:36 AM
But then, so many of these relationships occur in celeb-land, and some of them do seem to work - look at Brucie and his wife, or Paul McCartney and Heather Mills.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing......

bigdjiver
11th-September-2008, 12:35 PM
Hindsight is a wonderful thing......Getting to it can be quite fun too.

Gojive
11th-September-2008, 10:51 PM
Hindsight is a wonderful thing......

Getting to it can be quite fun too.
Getting down to it is even better....the problem is getting back up again afterwards :tears::o

philsmove
29th-October-2009, 10:57 AM
Somali man, '112', weds girl, 17 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8331136.stm)

who is young enough to be his great-great-grand-daughter :eek: