PDA

View Full Version : Here's My Back

killingtime
29th-October-2005, 01:28 AM
I've recently noticed that I'm putting myself into a lot of moves that have your back turned to your partner (Hug Strip, Shoulder Drop, putting myself into a Crucifix etc.).

I'm a bit worried about my partner deciding I'm just being plain rude or not really leading them into moves. I'm happy to have my partner's back turned to me but then I'm leading her into that so I can hardly be surprised. Obviously this is pretty easy to fix but my question is does it bug women when a guy does a few of these in a dance? How about you other guys; do you enjoy using these sorts of moves?

WittyBird
29th-October-2005, 04:04 AM
I've recently noticed that I'm putting myself into a lot of moves that have your back turned to your partner (Hug Strip, Shoulder Drop, putting myself into a Crucifix etc.).

I'm a bit worried about my partner deciding I'm just being plain rude or not really leading them into moves. I'm happy to have my partner's back turned to me but then I'm leading her into that so I can hardly be surprised. Obviously this is pretty easy to fix but my question is does it bug women when a guy does a few of these in a dance? How about you other guys; do you enjoy using these sorts of moves?

IMHO I think it would depend on the experience and confidence of the follower :D

Piglet
29th-October-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm a bit worried ...
If you're dancing with me then don't worry ... be happy :D
I can't see how it would be a problem at all.

Icey
30th-October-2005, 08:43 AM

You know what happened to you last time you presented your back to me mid-dance, maybe you liked it and are hoping that other followers will do the same :rofl:

killingtime
30th-October-2005, 04:25 PM
You know what happened to you last time you presented your back to me mid-dance, maybe you liked it and are hoping that other followers will do the same :rofl:

Cheeky. Just because you feel the urge to touch my behind in an inappropriate manor doesn't mean all followers do :what:.

Lory
30th-October-2005, 10:51 PM
my question is does it bug women when a guy does a few of these in a dance?
Answer.. No, but just remember what I told you :wink: :hug:

ducasi
30th-October-2005, 11:01 PM
I've recently noticed that I'm putting myself into a lot of moves that have your back turned to your partner (Hug Strip, Shoulder Drop, putting myself into a Crucifix etc.) Interesting. I do very few moves* with my back to my partner, though I've no idea why... Perhaps it is because subconsciously I think it is rude.

* Even the ones that I do do, I tend to adapt to allow me to pay attention to my partner as much as possible.

I guess there could be another subconscious reason – I'm afraid my partner may run away when I'm not looking! :blush:

killingtime
30th-October-2005, 11:19 PM
Interesting. I do very few moves* with my back to my partner, though I've no idea why... Perhaps it is because subconsciously I think it is rude.

I suppose that's what I'm worried that my partner will think. That's why I'm trying to get some thoughts on the forum. Claire S did mention to me that she thought it was impolite that I don't look back when I pull my partner under my arm in a Shoulder Drop. I've never been taught to look back though and I think the space in front of me is important to monitor so I don't tend to do that. I do try and look at my partner when I do the initial side step though.

Answer.. No, but just remember what I told you :wink: :hug:

It was a good point; I really enjoyed that dance with you and agree that a sharp meaningful eye contact on the zipper would have been great :hug:. Worryingly I didn't even count the zipper as a back move. Which, I guess, it is. Oh well another one to add to my collection.

Saxylady
2nd-November-2005, 07:13 PM
There's lots of walky sidling wiggly moves with the man in front that are good fun for the follower to admire from behind. :devil:

I guess the only one that really 'gets' me is "Here's my back and now I'm going to spin you, block you and repeat, all without looking (or moving) and when it goes wrong I'm going to tell you off on the dance-floor for not doing the move properly".

CJ
6th-November-2005, 10:50 PM
Obviously this is pretty easy to fix but my question is does it bug women when a guy does a few of these in a dance?

Are they not just pleased to get a rest from your front?!?:rofl:

drathzel
7th-November-2005, 03:31 PM
I guess the only one that really 'gets' me is "Here's my back and now I'm going to spin you, block you and repeat, all without looking (or moving) and when it goes wrong I'm going to tell you off on the dance-floor for not doing the move properly".

:yeah: but didnt you know, we are meant to be mind readers!:devil:

killingtime
8th-November-2005, 04:54 PM
There's lots of walky sidling wiggly moves with the man in front that are good fun for the follower to admire from behind. :devil:

Well thankfully (as far as I know :really: ) I don't do that move and even if I did I don't lecture followers (unless they want a lecture of course :D). As for wiggling I quite enjoy it as long as no one actually makes me conscious of it then I get embarrassed and stop.

Saxylady
8th-November-2005, 07:14 PM
Well thankfully (as far as I know :really: ) I don't do that move and even if I did I don't lecture followers (unless they want a lecture of course :D). As for wiggling I quite enjoy it as long as no one actually makes me conscious of it then I get embarrassed and stop.

So a :drool: would be out of the question???

killingtime
9th-November-2005, 11:19 AM
So a :drool: would be out of the question???

Oh no; that would be fine. I wouldn't get all self conscious about it until after I had turned to face. By which time it would be too late for me to get embarrassed :D.