PDA

View Full Version : Get Well Soon Daisy

Minnie M
27th-October-2005, 04:43 PM
Daisy (aka Jane) is in hospital in Australia with pnumonia on her right lung she went in on sunday night - just got a message from Ray to say she has had fluid drained drained from lung today and he will know more tomorrow after tests but she is certainly a lot better they have also changed antibiotic

Ray will keep me informed to how she is - in the meantime, I thought it would be nice if we all sent her our love and get well wishes, so when she is up and about she can read this

:hug: :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :hug:
Get well soon Daisy
:hug: :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :hug:

LMC
27th-October-2005, 04:46 PM
Sorry to hear you're unwell Daisy

Best wishes for a speeeeeeeeedy recovery :flower: :flower:

Hope you're able to enjoy the sunshine soon :hug:

ChrisA
27th-October-2005, 04:58 PM
Daisy (aka Jane) is in hospital in Australia with pnumonia on her right lung she went in on sunday night
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Get well soon :hug: :hug: :kiss:

Missy D
27th-October-2005, 05:00 PM
Get Well Soon Jane

Thinking of you!

Lots of Love

xx:hug: xx

under par
27th-October-2005, 05:00 PM
Jane get well soon love.:flower: Ray make sure you pamper her when she gets out of hospital. lots of flowers and choccies.:yeah:

Paul and Sharon x x :hug:

Divissima
27th-October-2005, 05:06 PM
Sending you all our love, Jane. When you get home from hospital, you rest up and let Ray take the strain for a while :hug: :hug: :hug: :flower:

ElaineB
27th-October-2005, 05:23 PM
Jane,

Sorry to hear you are not well - hope you get better really soon. :flower:

Elaine and Simon
:hug: :kiss: :hug:

Mary
27th-October-2005, 05:47 PM
Jane, what a bummer (am I allowed that word?). Not been there 5 minutes and this happens!!! Really hope you are on the mend, and have a speedy recovery.

Have some flowers ......:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Lots of love,

Mary and Tony
:hug: :hug:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
27th-October-2005, 06:31 PM
Sorry to hear that you're not well Jane, best wishes, I hope that you're feeling better really soon :nice:

Ash :hug:

Lynn
27th-October-2005, 08:18 PM
Hope you are feeling much better soon Jane! :flower: :hug: :flower:

Cruella
27th-October-2005, 08:23 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: Get well soon Jane. Wish i could be there to give you a big Cruella hug. Ray can give it to you for me!:hug: :hug: :hug:

Simon
27th-October-2005, 09:34 PM
Get well soon, Gorgeous. :kiss: :kiss:

Gadget
27th-October-2005, 10:17 PM
:( Hope you're back on your feet soon with a speedy recovery. :flower:

Lory
27th-October-2005, 10:20 PM
Jane, what a bummer (am I allowed that word?).
Under this circumstance, I feel 'bloody bummer' would also be acceptable! ;)

:hug: :flower: Wishing you a speedy recovery Jane! :flower: :hug:

dee
27th-October-2005, 10:37 PM
Hope you better soon Jane

Thinking of you

Love dee xxx:hug: :flower:

Katie
27th-October-2005, 11:25 PM
Get well soon Daisy

:yeah: Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Lots of love, :hug:

Daisy
28th-October-2005, 12:55 PM
Hi Guys.
Sorry its not Jane typing thisso I'll have to do!!.Jane was pleasedto hear of your wellwishes she can't reply yet no I/net in hospital. Now a quick update she is still poorly, they changed her antibiotic and and she had a "GORRY" lung drain of 1 litre of fluid,it looks as though she will be in for yet another week. Our furniture is still in customs big hold ups at Sydney docks due to new computer system not working,things come in three's no dancing.
Will keep you up to date with Janes progress "AS I lay back in 30 degree temps hard life aint it"
by for now lol Raymondoxxxxxxxx:waycool: :cool: :kiss: :kiss:

Zebra Woman
28th-October-2005, 01:08 PM
So sorry to read all this.

Get well soon Jane xxxx

You two have definitely got one thing right though....

You are in the best place for recovering from pneumonia.:clap:

It's cold and damp here :sad: .

BIG HUGS:hug: :hug: :hug: (Ray :Please deliver)

Thanks for keeping us updated Ray

Alison xx

Mary
28th-October-2005, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the update Ray. Please keep us all informed of Jane's progress, as there are so many people here who are fond of you both and want to hear how you are getting on, both on the practical level and Jane's health.

Hope you are coping OK, we're all thinking of you.

:hug: :hug:

M

Simon r
28th-October-2005, 03:45 PM
Just read this please look after the your lovely lady.

I hope you are back on your feet soon honey ...

Come back and stay with us we will look after you ...

Hope you feel better soon ..
as always thinking of you both..

LOL Simon and Nicole

Dan Hudson
30th-October-2005, 04:02 PM
Get well soon Jane:hug: :hug: :kiss:

Raymondo... make sure you look after that special lady..:flower:

Dan and Kel x

Tiggerbabe
30th-October-2005, 04:08 PM
Sending lots of Scottish hugs too. Take care both, hope Jane's feeling much better soon.

Sheena x

Missy D
6th-November-2005, 11:41 PM
Is there any news on Daisy? I have not heard anything? :flower:

under par
7th-November-2005, 12:00 AM
nor me... I have sent a pm too and not had a reply.

Hope all is well:flower:

LilyB
7th-November-2005, 02:38 AM
I spoke to Jane on Saturday morning (Oz time) and she told me she will be having an operation on her lungs on Monday. She will then be spending a considerable time convalescing - no dancing for a while:tears: . Poor Jane was feeling quite low, not surprisingly, so can everyone please say a little prayer for her & wish her a speedy recovery.:flower:

LilyB

Missy D
7th-November-2005, 08:59 AM
I spoke to Jane on Saturday morning (Oz time) and she told me she will be having an operation on her lungs on Monday. She will then be spending a considerable time convalescing - no dancing for a while:tears: . Poor Jane was feeling quite low, not surprisingly, so can everyone please say a little prayer for her & wish her a speedy recovery.:flower:

LilyB

Thank you for the update Lily:flower:

She will be in my thoughts and prayers each day.

Sending a big hug to Ray and Jane:hug:

under par
7th-November-2005, 10:20 AM

LilyB

Thankyou Lily.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to both Jane and Ray.

Pass on or best wishes when you next speak please.

Mrs Par and me

Bex
7th-November-2005, 11:19 AM
Hope all goes well with the Op Jane, we're all thinking of you and wishing you a very speedy recovery :hug: .

Lots of love,
Bex & Billco

dee
7th-November-2005, 11:24 AM
Hope all goes well with the Op Jane, we're all thinking of you and wishing you a very speedy recovery :hug: .

Lots of love,
Bex & Billco

:yeah: Sending my love to you both, you will both be in my thoughts and prayers :flower:

Here's to a speedy recovery :hug:

Latin Lady
7th-November-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi there, it's Carol here - never used the forum before so please bear with me!

I spoke to Jane today and she has had the op now - she was in a lot of pain having had part of her lung removed but is keeping her chin up. She is okay even though she is feeling very poorly, tender and needing all of the good wishes and thoughts from everyone to cheer her up.

I know that everyone will want to join me in sending her lots of hugs, kisses and generally thinking of her and Ray and wishing we could be there to make them both smile at this time!

Lots of love to you both xxxx

I will be speaking to Jane again within the next couple of days so keep the messages coming in and I will read them to her.............

Carol and Beytan
xxxxxx
:hug: :flower: :hug:

LMC
7th-November-2005, 10:53 PM
Thanks so much for the update LL. I don't know Jane that well, but she was so lovely to me the few times we did speak. Please keep us posted :flower:

Very bestest wishes and 'good vibes' winging their way over the ether from me for Jane and Ray both :hug:

dee
7th-November-2005, 11:29 PM
Best wishes to you Jane, hope you feel much better soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Latin Lady for the update :flower:

Love to you Ray :hug: :hug:

Dee xxxx

Sparkles
8th-November-2005, 11:15 AM
So sorry to hear that Jane's unwell, I'm sure she has been in good hands and is being well looked after now that the op is over. Hopefully she knows that we all wish her a speedy recovery and that we're collectively sending get well wishes from the other side of the world.

Our thoughts are with you, Ray and Jane.
Love and very gentle hugs!
S. xx

Sheepman
8th-November-2005, 12:40 PM
I didn't see this news until today :sad:

Get well soon Jane. :hug: :hug: :kiss: If hugs and positive thoughts are working, then I'm sure you'll soon be fit and healthy again! :flower: :flower:

Greg xx

Minnie M
9th-November-2005, 09:02 AM
Can we have an update please :flower:

Haven't seen Ray on the MSN for quite a few days

luv ya Jane :hug: :kiss: :hug: :yeah: :flower:

Lory
9th-November-2005, 09:16 AM
I spoke to Jane today and she has had the op now - she was in a lot of pain having had part of her lung removed
:sick: Having to have part of a lung removed, is SERIOUS stuff!!!:(

I'm so sad Jane and Ray's new life has started with such an awful blow. Ray must be beside himself with worry :sad:

My sincere heart felt wishes go out to both of them!:hug:

p.s. welcome to the forum Carol and thanks for keeping us informed :flower:

ChrisA
9th-November-2005, 09:25 AM
p.s. welcome to the forum Carol and thanks for keeping us informed :flower:
.... :yeah:

Please pass on our hugs too :hug:

What a bummer, having all these exciting plans for a new life, and it all starts like this :tears:

Here's hoping things just get better and better from here on, and that it all turns out to be everything they hoped for.

Chris & Jayne

Will
9th-November-2005, 11:47 AM
Y'all,

Just Spoke to Mr & Mrs Daisy, and although Jane is still in quite some pain, she is out of hospital and being waited on hand and foot by Raymond. Consequently, whilst Jane has now been relieved of her absess, Ray is now developing them on his hands and feet.

They say "hi" to everyone and appreciate everyones concern. The only reason they've not been on the forum in person is becuase their computer is currently broken.

That's the latest dealio....

Will

under par
9th-November-2005, 12:39 PM
Great to here some positive news.

Get well soon Jane.:hug: :hug: :hug: :flower:

jockey
10th-November-2005, 12:32 AM
Get well soon, flower. X:nice:

Latin Lady
10th-November-2005, 12:57 AM
Speaking to Daisy right now and here is her message to you all.............

"I am at home and glad to be out of hospital and being well looked after by the sexiest male nurse in the southern hemisphere!

Ray is spoiling me rotten!

Thank you so much to all our lovely friends who have been sending good wishes and kind thoughts for my speedy recovery.

Through all the difficult moments it has been such a comfort to know that we have so many lovely friends in the dance world.

My operation was a success and now with any luck I should be on my feet and back on the dance floor by Christmas but only for lslow sexy songS!

All of this has been a bit of a shock and has taught me a big lesson about slowing down and not trying to do everything all at once so I am going to be a lot more careful from now on.

I'm not stopping going shopping but Ray will be pushing me in a wheelchair this time :clap:

Thank you all so much for the cards, flowers, messages and phone calls, they have meant the world to me.

Lots of love:hug:
a slightly wilted Daisy"
xxxx

Minnie M
10th-November-2005, 01:08 AM
Fantastic news :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

- thanks for letting us know how you are, we all have been so worried
slow & sexy is good :flower:

jockey
11th-November-2005, 10:25 PM
Very glad to hear your good news Jane. X
How are you, Ray? I know you went through hell..

ads
12th-November-2005, 03:53 AM
I am glad that you are feeling better by the day Jane and hope to dance with you at the Chrstmas Party. Well done Ray for all of your great work I know that you have been quite bothered by all of this.

Adam

Little Monkey
12th-November-2005, 10:50 AM
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:
Lots of flowers to a slightly wilted flower to make her feel better!

LM :hug:

Cruella
12th-November-2005, 11:56 AM
:hug: :kiss: Best wishes for your complete and quick recovery Jane. Glad your feeling better.:flower: I'm sure Ray is pampering you, as he should be.:flower:

LilyB
12th-November-2005, 02:22 PM
I am glad that you are feeling better by the day Jane and hope to dance with you at the Chrstmas Party. Well done Ray for all of your great work I know that you have been quite bothered by all of this.

Adam

Adam, please give Jane loads of :hug: and :kiss: from all of us here when you next see her. And a pat on the back for Ray for being such a fantastic nurse to Jane:flower: I know they really appreciate your friendship (:cheers: ) in these difficult times when practically all their close friends are thousands of miles away.

LilyB

Divissima
13th-November-2005, 03:32 PM
I spoke to Jane this morning (UK time) and she was sounding perky, although she is still in a lot of pain following her operation last week. It may be a while yet before she can get back on the dancefloor :tears: But Ray, her sexy male nurse, is waiting on her hand and foot! :clap:

Lots of love to you both :hug:

Her computer should be fixed and back with her tomorrow sometime, and she is looking forward to getting back on email and the forum to catch up with all the messages here, and the gossip she has missed while she's been poorly.

ads
14th-November-2005, 03:33 AM
Adam, please give Jane loads of :hug: and :kiss: from all of us here when you next see her. And a pat on the back for Ray for being such a fantastic nurse to Jane:flower: I know they really appreciate your friendship (:cheers: ) in these difficult times when practically all their close friends are thousands of miles away.

LilyB
Will do LilyB I think things will come good for them very soon and I know that they miss all of you lots and thank you for your words and support.

Mary
15th-November-2005, 10:33 AM
Just got back from our hols. and was wondering how Jane's op. went. Glad to read the updates on here, and pleased to hear Jane is now out of hosp. with the gorgeous hunky male nurse to pander to her every whim.:wink:

Lots of hugs Jane and hope you start feeling a lot stronger and able to look after Ray - he'll be knackered I'm sure.:D

Love and best wishes to you both, and hope it's not long now before you can get stuck into the new life in Oz. And I'm so glad you have each other.

Thinking of ya.

M & Tony

Daisy
22nd-November-2005, 01:09 PM
Hello everyone

At long last I have my hands on a computer and I have been able to read all your wonderful messages....you really are a terrific lot and thanks so much for all your care and concern.

Well it's been a bit of a toodoo, all this pnumonia and stuff! I still can't quite believe it's all happened to me, well us really, cos Ray has also been so affected by it all too. :really: One minute I was having a fab day on the beach and the next few hours saw me in hospital with a raging temp and excruciating chest pain! A CT scan confirmed the pnumonia but then my right lung began filling with fluid and collapsed, making breathing very hard. I was transferred to the respitory ward and they tried draining the lung 3 times!! NOT to be recommended:sad: It was so painful I can't tell you:sick:
Unfortunatelly, after extracting nearly 2 ltrs this proceedure stopped working and surgery was the only option left.

Thank heavens for anti-biotics as it seems that this bug was so visious that without quick treatment I would have been a goner in 24 hours!:eek: I was really scared and am so grateful to the doctors for taking such good care of me.:worthy:

The op was awful, v. v. v. painful, and no quick recovery either. I'm in this for the long haul sadly and I am finding it all rather dibilitating. They found it necessary to open the lung right up and do a thorough clean out, removing an absess and a small part of the lung around it, as well as infecteed muck. They then put in a kind of powder which helps the lung stay connected to the plura once it has been re-inflated again. It's very frustrating when your used to doing everything at 90 m.p.h.! Now I have to get Ray to push me round the shopping mall in a wheel chair, that or walk at snails pace:sad: Anyway, it won't be for ever and I am assured that I will make a full recovery so I must be patient and grateful it wasn't anything worse.

Ray has been a superstar throughout all this and I couldn't have done so well without him.....he is an angel. He made us all laugh on the ward, supplied us with treats, was bookies runner on Melbourne Cup Day and held my hand through the bad and nasty bits:kiss:

Other things to look forward to are, signing for our new house this coming Friday. Ray is going to renovate it over the coming months and it will look fabulous, right next to the waters edge. I'll be making tea & sarnies now rather than labouring.

Our furniture eventually arrived today, to our rented house. It's good to have home comforts once more.

The weather is warming up nicely and I am looking forward to going to the beach again soon to put some colour back in my cheeks. I have lost quite a lot of weight.....which was no bad thing, so a bit of a tan will be nice. The scar (all 6 inch of it) is healing well and hopefully will fade away all together.

Our daughter Nancy & hubby Ryan arrive here in a couple of weeks to spend Xmas.....can't wait and Clay & Janine will be home soon too, lots to catch up on. I'm planning on having a fab Xmas even though I won't be able to dance.

Listen, I realise I've written a sermon here, but I hope you don't mind. Forgive me for not having replied to PM's yet, I will start tomorrow. It's awful being without a PC but to be honest I didn't feel like doing much for a while anyway......a bit battered & bruised. Please keep in touch and I've loved hearing from you all.

All my love to everyone
Daisy (Jane) and a big hug & kiss to all you girls (and Will) from Big Raymondo.

PS Can't wait to see you all when we visit the UK in June.:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :flower: :yeah:

dee
22nd-November-2005, 01:21 PM
It's so lovely to hear from you Jane :hug: sounds like you went through hell and back, you poor thing :hug: i'm so glad you are feeling much better now despite all that you have been through. You are very lucky to have such a wonderful husband like Ray. I hope your new house will be all you dreamed of, you both deserve all the best. Here's to a full recovery and i look forward to seeing you in the new year :flower:

All the best to you Jane :hug: love to Ray :flower:

Mary
22nd-November-2005, 01:21 PM
Jane, it's sooooo good to hear from you. And your post wasn't long enough - I soaked up every word as I really enjoyed hearing all your news.

Glad you've finally got your own furniture, and able to start work on your new home - hopefully you will start to feel more settled, which may help speed your recovery. Now don't start rushing into doing things too soon.

Keep us updated and have a great Christmas. Love to Clay and Janine when you see them.

Oh, and have a few :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: , and maybe a bunch of :flower: :flower: :flower:

M

Cruella
22nd-November-2005, 01:27 PM
Hello everyone...................:yeah:
So good to hear from you Jane and your sounding very chirpy considering! I'm glad you're feeling better, we have all been so worried, but get out there and enjoy that sunshine cos it's bl**dy freezing here!
Lots of Cruella hugs.:hug: :hug: :hug:
Di XX

Lory
22nd-November-2005, 06:51 PM
Jane, it's sooooo good to hear from you. And your post wasn't long enough - I soaked up every word as I really enjoyed hearing all your news.

:yeah: It really brilliant to hear from you Jane and especially that your going to be OK. What better way to recover, than being able to relax out in all that lovely warm sun :clap:

As Cruella said, it's been freezing here, so your in the best place ;)

Love and best wishes to Ray, tell him we miss him! (he'll like that :wink: )

Simon
22nd-November-2005, 10:22 PM
What a nightmare! You've done us Poms proud with your stiff upper lip and fighting spirit. :clap: :cheers: Love and best wishes for a speedy recovery. :flower:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Will
23rd-November-2005, 02:49 AM
a big hug & kiss to all you girls (and Will) from Big Raymondo.

Ergh Urrrrgh Help me someone!!!! Mr Blobby is all over me!!!! :eek:

Minnie M
23rd-November-2005, 08:38 AM
PS Can't wait to see you all when we visit the UK in June.
:yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap:
Really really great to hear you are on the road to recovery - wot a trouper you are and wot a star Ray is :flower::worthy: :flower:

Have a supa Christmas and a fantastic New Year

big big and even bigger hugs

Lynda