PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve (saturday)

stewart38
27th-October-2005, 01:04 PM
Hot of the press

------------------------
CEROC ON CHRISTMAS EVE
Wrap your presents and stuff your turkey early and then come along and party with us on Christmas Eve at Amersham on Saturday, 24th December - £10.00 on the door.

------------------

Now we just need christmas day :clap:

Missy D
27th-October-2005, 01:07 PM
Hot of the press

------------------------
CEROC ON CHRISTMAS EVE
Wrap your presents and stuff your turkey early and then come along and party with us on Christmas Eve at Amersham on Saturday, 24th December - £10.00 on the door.

------------------

Now we just need christmas day :clap:

I might just pop along being as i am on my own again this year:tears:

What no Twyford this year Stewart?

stewart38
27th-October-2005, 01:11 PM
I might just pop along being as i am on my own again this year:tears:

What no Twyford this year Stewart?

Beings its christmas eve happy to take you to twyford drop you off and come back dance at Amersham then leave early and pick you up and take you home then drive to my mums . I wont no rep for that :whistle:

Missy D
27th-October-2005, 01:22 PM
Beings its christmas eve happy to take you to twyford drop you off and come back dance at Amersham then leave early and pick you up and take you home then drive to my mums . I wont no rep for that :whistle:

:rofl: Ah Stewart you are so funny!

I bet you would do all the above too. Can I tell everyone how kind you were to me last year? Well I am telling them anyway. Last year I was looking on the forum for somewhere to go on Christmas Eve and I got a reply from Stewart who then pm'd me. Anyway to cut a long story short Stewart at the time was living in Hertfortshire and came to North London picked me up, drove me to Twyford, drove me all the way back to North London and then drove back to Surrey the same very night to be with his family for Christmas. How kind is that? I had a really great night in Twyford too.

So a big overdue thank you to Stewart 38 for cheering me up Christmas Eve. :clap: :worthy: :clap: :hug:

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 01:33 PM
So a big overdue thank you to Stewart 38 for cheering me up Christmas Eve. :clap: :worthy: :clap: :hug:

Thats really nice Stewart :cheers:

On a completely unrelated topic :whistle: Im on my own this year too :sad:
Most of my family moved to Australia about 6 months ago. My mum and dad went over there a couple of weeks ago for a 4 month visit. I have just started a new job so couldnt go with them :rolleyes:
Result - no immediate family here :tears:

A friend of mine has invited me to have dinner with him and his family but I dont want to. I get on with them all but I would still feel a little uneasy.

Please...dry your tears. :) I want no sympathy.

(edit) forgot to mention. If you want to cheer me up, send money :D

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 01:35 PM

Most of my family moved to Australia about 6 months ago. My mum and dad went over there a couple of weeks ago for a 4 month visit. I have just started a new job so couldnt go with them :rolleyes:

A friend of mine has invited me to have dinner with him and his family but I dont want to. I get on with them all but I would still feel a little uneasy.

Welcome to the 'I'll be on my own for Christmas' Club ...! You get to eat whatever you want, stay in your jamas, sleep in as late as you want, not have to deal with senile relatives or get kissed by your creepy uncle....

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the 'I'll be on my own for Christmas' Club ...! You get to eat whatever you want, stay in your jamas, sleep in as late as you want, not have to deal with senile relatives or get kissed by your creepy uncle....

I will have to tie the other end of my cracker to the door handle and push :sad: :nice:

No arguments of cracker fixing here!

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 01:45 PM
I will have to tie the other end of my cracker to the door handle and push :sad: :nice:

I'd watch out with all that cracker pulling.... you could do yourself an injury!! :whistle:

Dizzy
27th-October-2005, 01:46 PM

Yep, me too. Honorary member!!! :cheers:

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 01:49 PM
Yep, me too. Honorary member!!! :cheers:

Maybe those of us who are going to be alone on Christmas should get together somewhere (if we can find enough space) for a little impromptu dance party.....

Missy D
27th-October-2005, 01:49 PM

Try this! nail one end of the cracker to a door frame and pull! You win the plastic toy everytime:rofl: :rofl:

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 01:56 PM
Maybe those of us who are going to be alone on Christmas should get together somewhere (if we can find enough space) for a little impromptu dance party.....

Now, I hadn't thought of that :whistle:

Well, we would need more guys :nice: I have the music and the sound stuff.

A forumite christmas day party. Now that would cheer me up :D

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 01:57 PM

At least then you would have someone to pull your cracker!! Im sure we could rustle up a few fellows from somewhere ... it cant just be all girls with no where to go....

we could even do like a secret santa thing so that we at least all get a present to open!!

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 02:03 PM
Right, hiring a small hall on christmas day.
That could be tricky :)

LMC
27th-October-2005, 02:09 PM
Dizzy and I were discussing having an anti-Christmas Christmas Day.

My extension has a rather nice (although non-sprung) maple floor... unfortunately it's only 9' by 7'.

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 02:11 PM

Perhaps someone has a house with a large uncarpeted rumpus room/family room.. ? As long as we can get at least 2 couples on the floor does it matter how big it is?

Maybe we could all just find a pub that is open that has a bit of a dance floor.. (we used to do that a lot back in Oz..)

stewart38
27th-October-2005, 02:16 PM

well my mum lives in Woking so ill see what we can do

Have to see how good you look in a dress first :wink:

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 02:19 PM

You will be one of the fortunate few who have witnessed such a sight....and not gone blind. :what:

Agree Katie about the room. My place is free and I would be more than happy to take the party there as well, but its carpeted unfotunately so we would have to find a wooden floored room for at least a few hours :nice:

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 02:19 PM

Ive had a few good reports.....:whistle: :wink:

You danced with me at Greenwich... I was wearing a blue sparkly dress...

senorita
27th-October-2005, 02:23 PM
:rofl: Ah Stewart you are so funny!

I bet you would do all the above too. Can I tell everyone how kind you were to me last year? Well I am telling them anyway. Last year I was looking on the forum for somewhere to go on Christmas Eve and I got a reply from Stewart who then pm'd me. Anyway to cut a long story short Stewart at the time was living in Hertfortshire and came to North London picked me up, drove me to Twyford, drove me all the way back to North London and then drove back to Surrey the same very night to be with his family for Christmas. How kind is that? I had a really great night in Twyford too.

WOW!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
What a lovely person :flower:

So in that case... as you, paul & I will be all lonesome...(Violins plz)..
Maybe Stewart38 can pick us all up :clap: ..take us out dancing, then drop us off at home..:D Then he can go home to his family in Surrey.
what da ya say stewart :rofl:

stewart38
27th-October-2005, 02:23 PM

Im up for that wokings fine, my sisters has been to jive for yrs but she can 'jive'

stewart38
27th-October-2005, 02:24 PM
Im up for that wokings fine, my sisters has been to jive for yrs but she can 'jive'

HASNT :angry:

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 02:36 PM
You will be one of the fortunate few who have witnessed such a sight....and not gone blind. :what:

Agree Katie about the room. My place is free and I would be more than happy to take the party there as well, but its carpeted unfotunately so we would have to find a wooden floored room for at least a few hours :nice:

I would be happy to cater.... if we all put a few quid in for some food I can put together some nice dishes.... (please see Sparkes & Sheepman for reviews)

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 02:45 PM
I would be happy to cater.... if we all put a few quid in for some food I can put together some nice dishes.... (please see Sparkes & Sheepman for reviews)

Ooo, this is starting to sound like a plan :nice:

If we did end up at my place people are more than welcome to stay over.
At the end of the day, even if we have a little party, we could go without dancing for one day......couldnt we ? :what:

Missy D
27th-October-2005, 02:48 PM

Most schools gyms free and they often hire them out to the public. Where would we need this venue? Not sure where anyone lives!

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 02:49 PM
Ooo, this is starting to sound like a plan :nice:

If we did end up at my place people are more than welcome to stay over.
At the end of the day, even if we have a little party, we could go without dancing for one day......couldnt we ? :what:

Firstly, I meant to say spark L es... not Sparkes... :blush:

We could dance barefoot on the carpet but I think double spinning might be out of the question... I dont know that I could cope with a social occassion without dancing... we could just put on some good music (I have a heap of Jango CDs plus I will by then have a very special CD that Im waiting to arrive that is being imported from America... )

dee
27th-October-2005, 03:04 PM

Well there was me thinking i was the only one that spends christmas on her own, now that all my family have passed over (except my lovely sis MissyD) i usually have to face christmas alone, i'm fed up with pulling my own cracker too:sad: even santa don't visit me anymore (Violins please)

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 03:05 PM
Most schools gyms free and they often hire them out to the public. Where would we need this venue? Not sure where anyone lives!

Well im in woking but i wouldnt mind having to travel. The only problem would be not being able to have a drink :tears:
I was going to suggest finding something in Woking then going back to mine for the drinking bit and the sound of music :sick:
I would be happy to collect peeps from London and surrounds. Not as if it will be busy on the roads !!

Will see if I can arrange something.

Missy D
27th-October-2005, 03:10 PM
Well im in woking but i wouldnt mind having to travel. The only problem would be not being able to have a drink :tears:
I was going to suggest finding something in Woking then going back to mine for the drinking bit and the sound of music :sick:
I would be happy to collect peeps from London and surrounds. Not as if it will be busy on the roads !!

Shall we bring our sleeping bags too:nice:

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 03:13 PM

It would be great to find somewhere we can all go and no one really has to drive anywhere, its no fun if a few people have to curtail their drinking so they can ferry people home. If we keep numbers to a minimum and all crash then it would be great.

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 03:16 PM
Shall we bring our sleeping bags too:nice:

I will do some ringing round.
Was considering, just for a split second, doing some work but this sounds more fun.

I dont hold out much hope about finding a place to dance though.

Sleeping bags will be a must. I have one super-duper inflatable bed but only one!

under par
27th-October-2005, 03:19 PM
I'd watch out with all that cracker pulling.... you could do yourself an injury!! :whistle:

And at which venue can you pull the best cracker?:whistle:

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 03:19 PM
I will do some ringing round.
Was considering, just for a split second, doing some work but this sounds more fun.

I dont hold out much hope about finding a place to dance though.

Sleeping bags will be a must. I have one super-duper inflatable bed but only one!

Pick me!! :whistle: :wink:

dee
27th-October-2005, 03:21 PM

I have one of those too :flower: if we get stuck i have a roof rack, so i can bring my double bed :hug:

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 03:23 PM
And at which venue can you pull the best cracker?:whistle:

Give me a J Give me an A give me an N - G - O!!!

*pulls out pom poms*

stewart38
27th-October-2005, 03:27 PM

well im in Woking that day (from via Hemel) and i dont drink so happy to ferry people around and drop off within reason. I can say hi to mum on Boxing day

Maybe a different thread required ??

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 03:30 PM
well im in Woking that day (from via Hemel) and i dont drink so happy to ferry people around and drop off within reason. I can say hi to mum on Boxing day

I think you should go visit your family.... I mean, If I had family here I would want to spend Christmas with them. They might get upset that you dont want to spend time with them.

under par
27th-October-2005, 03:31 PM
Stop it!

Stop it right now!!

All of you sad singles are out there purely to make me feel better about having to work on Xmas Day and Boxing Day at the police station looking after smelly drunk vomit covered prisoners.

I cannot have you all going out enjoying yourselves together. Its just not fair.

Stop it now!

Stop it I say!

senorita
27th-October-2005, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=KatieR]We could dance barefoot on the carpet but I think double spinning might be out of the question...

You may suffer with carpet burns..:whistle: :innocent:

WittyBird
27th-October-2005, 03:32 PM

Fantastic thats so sweet of you can u take me from hemel m25-j29 then a127 then a132 thru to Basildon in the morning and then pick me up around 10pm so I can have a beer? :D

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 03:32 PM
Stop it!

Stop it right now!!

All of you sad singles are out there purely to make me feel better about having to work on Xmas Day and Boxing Day at the police station looking after smelly drunk vomit covered prisoners.

I cannot have you all going out enjoying yourselves together. Its just not fair.

Stop it now!

Stop it I say!

Sorry Sir! I promise to sit at home in my pyjamas and watch Songs of Praise all day listening to Bing Crosby sings his Christmas Greats..:eek:

dee
27th-October-2005, 03:36 PM
Sorry Sir! I promise to sit at home in my pyjamas and watch Songs of Praise all day listening to Bing Crosby sings his Christmas Greats..:eek:

And just hope and pray that Wizard of oz is on and make sure that i watch the queens speech :hug:

Humbug!!!! who want to have a lovely christmas anyway ??? (me)

Missy D
27th-October-2005, 03:37 PM
Maybe dancing on carpet will be ok - I danced on carpet most of the time on the boat sunday lets forget the boat!

How long are we allowed to stay? only I am not working that week or going out New Years Eve:rofl:

dee
27th-October-2005, 03:42 PM
Maybe dancing on carpet will be ok - I danced on carpet most of the time on the boat sunday lets forget the boat!

How long are we allowed to stay? only I am not working that week or going out New Years Eve:rofl:

Are we really staying til the new year??? can i bring my cat??? what a nice chap this Paul F is :hug:

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 03:42 PM

Obviously not the prime choice for a dance floor but at least once I have had a few too many red wines I wont overspin and land on my well cushioned behind! Still , could be funny if I did!

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 03:43 PM
Well I may have a little good news.

I have managed to find a hall with a kitchen on Xmas day!!!!

The only decision to be made is what time? The price is per hour during the day or a flat one-off rate for the evening.
Its a lovely village hall - and it was the first one I phoned :what:

Maybe I could play them off against each other and get one for free :D

So IF we are going to do this I would need to know
1. What time we would have out xmas dance party
2. How many would be there ie. would others maybe want to come down just for a xmas day dance?

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 03:48 PM

The only decision to be made is what time? The price is per hour during the day or a flat one-off rate for the evening.

So IF we are going to do this I would need to know
1. What time we would have out xmas dance party
2. How many would be there ie. would others maybe want to come down just for a xmas day dance?

FANTASTIC NEWS!!

What time would be the best peoples?? I think perhaps afternoon/evening so that if people want to come for an evening dance after they have had lunch with their families.

IM IN! I think we should give it a name! A fun name... and I need to know re food what people want...

Few more questions...

Should it be something that we need to know who is coming or just an open door kind of thing?

Perhaps a small surcharge to cover cost of food, hall, setting up etc...

under par
27th-October-2005, 03:51 PM

If you tell the owner you need the room to sort out the poor and homeless unfortunates for chariteee on Xmas day.....he can't fail to feel sorry and give it up for free
.:whistle:

stewart38
27th-October-2005, 03:54 PM
I think you should go visit your family.... I mean, If I had family here I would want to spend Christmas with them. They might get upset that you dont want to spend time with them.

what familiy ? my 'mother' is in fact a park bench i call 'mother' , i go there on christmas day and watch the ducks go by. :whistle: .

Look I saw mother last year, its my brothers turn this year and my sisters next :mad:

under par
27th-October-2005, 03:58 PM
what familiy ? my 'mother' is in fact a park bench i call 'mother' , i go there on christmas day and watch the ducks go by. :whistle: .

Look I saw mother last year, its my brothers turn this year and my sisters next :mad:

Your "good fella" halo :innocent: is starting to evaporate now...:whistle:

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 04:00 PM
FANTASTIC NEWS!!

What time would be the best peoples?? I think perhaps afternoon/evening so that if people want to come for an evening dance after they have had lunch with their families.

IM IN! I think we should give it a name! A fun name... and I need to know re food what people want...

Few more questions...

Should it be something that we need to know who is coming or just an open door kind of thing?

Perhaps a small surcharge to cover cost of food, hall, setting up etc...

Heres what I think we should do. Tell me what you think.

For those true "noone to spend xmas with" I , maybe with the help of Stewart, will collect you from wherever and we can have an xmas morning/afternoon at my place while watching queeny. :clap:

From there we can get a taxi (its only rate 4 at the end of the day) to the village hall (3 miles away), enjoy some dancing and drinking then head back to mine afterwards.

The dance could be at, say 6 or 7pm. If people wanted to turn up just for the dance then that would be fab.

I would have to charge everyone a small cover for the hall. It all depends on if we want the big one or small one (need to decide if there is any interest) and how many would come. The cost each could be anything from £3 each to £10 each. Im guessing I would not be able to take any money in theory as then I would be seen as hosting an 'event' with all the legal bits and bobs but we can 'pitch in' if you see what I mean. :wink:

SO
The main thing i need to know is if many would be interested in turning up for the evening dance. If not we can just rent the small hall and make it nice and cosy :) .

If you tell the owner you need the room to sort out the poor and homeless unfortunates for chariteee on Xmas day.....he can't fail to feel sorry and give it up for free
.:whistle:

I mentioned something along those lines. I may be able to talk her into a discount :nice:

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 04:07 PM
For those true "noone to spend xmas with" I , maybe with the help of Stewart, will collect you from wherever and we can have an xmas morning/afternoon at my place while watching queeny. :clap:

I think it should truly be those who have no other option. I can cook us up a nice roast if you like. With roast potatoes and vegies... and am not sure on my Christmas pudding making skills but can give it a try.. with my Grandmother's secret recipe brandy sauce... guaranteed to have you trolleyed before you have finished dessert. but not soo huge a lunch that we wont be able to move on the dance floor!

From there we can get a taxi (its only rate 4 at the end of the day) to the village hall (3 miles away), enjoy some dancing and drinking then head back to mine afterwards.

The dance could be at, say 6 or 7pm. If people wanted to turn up just for the dance then that would be fab.

I think that is a great idea as well... its not far and if we all share cabs its not a high price to pay...

I would have to charge everyone a small cover for the hall. It all depends on if we want the big one or small one (need to decide if there is any interest) and how many would come. The cost each could be anything from £3 each to £10 each. Im guessing I would not be able to take any money in theory as then I would be seen as hosting an 'event' with all the legal bits and bobs but we can 'pitch in' if you see what I mean. :wink: we aren't hosting an event we are just having a bit of a get together and people can make a 'donation'.

SO
The main thing i need to know is if many would be interested in turning up for the evening dance. If not we can just rent the small hall.

:

How many can each of the halls hold?

under par
27th-October-2005, 04:14 PM
How many can each of the halls hold?

Yes please let me know if you need a couple of extra men...........................................I could hose down a few customers and bring them up in a van...

The van...em! the van! Do you need any flashing blue lights?

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 04:17 PM
Yes please let me know if you need a couple of extra men...........................................I could hose down a few customers and bring them up in a van...

The van...em! the van! Do you need any flashing blue lights?

Can always use a couple of extra men... bring on the hoses and flashing blue lights... ! :rofl:

stewart38
27th-October-2005, 04:22 PM
I think it should truly be those who have no other option.

Whats that meant to mean :mad:

WittyBird
27th-October-2005, 04:26 PM
I think it should truly be those who have no other option.

I think that that is the most selfish thing I have ever heard on here

under par
27th-October-2005, 04:28 PM
Whats that meant to mean :mad:

I think she doesn't want people who are pretending to be lonely attending:rofl: :flower:

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 04:28 PM

Im assuming she means that my lounge can only hold so many people. I dont have a big house :blush:

I can only have so many coming for the day.

LMC
27th-October-2005, 04:29 PM
Getting together with a couple of friends would have been nice, but this all sounds way too organised for me :sick:

Guess it'll just be me and the cats chez moi :clap:

dee
27th-October-2005, 04:29 PM
Can always use a couple of extra men... bring on the hoses and flashing blue lights... ! :rofl:

ohhhh yes plese:drool: i do like a man with a long hose :innocent:

under par
27th-October-2005, 04:30 PM

Come on now remember all that Christmas spirit and good will..:innocent: :flower: :flower: :flower:

WittyBird
27th-October-2005, 04:31 PM
Come on now remember all that Christmas spirit and good will..:innocent: :flower: :flower: :flower:
bo**ocks that is really not a nice thing to do I cant believe it was even suggested

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 04:32 PM
Getting together with a couple of friends would have been nice, but this all sounds way too organised for me :sick:

Guess it'll just be me and the cats chez moi :clap:

how dare you call me organised :D :D

Unfortunately there is nothing organised about it ...yet. At the mo its just some people coming round to mine for xmas dinner. :cheers: You are more than welcome.

At night we MAY organise a dance. I hope :clap:

WittyBird
27th-October-2005, 04:34 PM
I think she doesn't want people who are pretending to be lonely attending:rofl: :flower:

I dont believe anyone would do anything like that anyway tell you what I have just seen a different side now :mad:

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 04:36 PM
bo**ocks that is really not a nice thing to do I cant believe it was even suggested

I have to disagree Im afraid WB. Some people (as strange as this may sound) may have thought it better to come to my place and have an xmas meal instead of going to their friends/relatives etc. Lord knows I have had some awkward cringe-worthy moments with relatives I hardly ever see :sick:

As i cannot have too many people in my lounge I think she just meant that it really WOULD have to be the people who are lonely and with no other option. I would have to agree

LMC
27th-October-2005, 04:37 PM
WB, stop ruffling those feathers.

I understood it to mean that the dance would be open to everyone, but dinner in Paul F's house would be limited to those who really can't be with family... as he very politely (I thought) said, space in his house will be limited.

KatieR - you could have made that clearer sweetie, so please don't go flying off the handle yourself.

stewart38
27th-October-2005, 04:39 PM
Im assuming she means that my lounge can only hold so many people. I dont have a big house :blush:

I can only have so many coming for the day.

I do see your point

Mums cooking again :tears:

dee
27th-October-2005, 04:42 PM
*dee tip toes in on eggshells while witty is having pmt*

Will there be a real santa with real sacks?? :innocent: it's been a long time since i had a rummage :innocent:

Paul F
27th-October-2005, 04:43 PM
*dee tip toes in on eggshells while witty is having pmt*

Will there be a real santa with real sacks?? :innocent: it's been a long time since i had a rummage :innocent:

Im sure I can find you a man with a beard but thats my final offer :D

Mods - any chance of moving all this to the "xmas day" thread so the original post can be answered ??

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 04:46 PM

Sheesh.. here I go again having to explain myself.... sorry If I didn't make it clear.

What I meant was that Pauls home doesn't exactly fit a hundred people... it would be nice to have a gathering of those of us who didn't have anywhere else to go... those of you lucky enough to have family around should be thankful.

Thats all Im going to say, I dont feel I need to justify myself any further.

WittyBird
27th-October-2005, 04:52 PM
I took it to mean the dance. But even if it wasnt the dance I cannot believe that people would lie about being on their own at christmas, further more I cant believe that it had to be said that it was only for people that are truly on their own. The bit I got annoyed with is no one would impose on PaulF and surely its for him to decide who attends his house for dinner etc. I myself will be watching my 10 year old open her presents during the day. I still will stick to what I have said and have now seen a different side to some people. I really cant abide selfish people who only think of themselves.

'I'm alright Jack attitude' pathetic - Christmas is a time to think of others

stewart38
27th-October-2005, 04:59 PM
I took it to mean the dance. But even if it wasnt the dance I cannot believe that people would lie about being on their own at christmas, further more I cant believe that it had to be said that it was only for people that are truly on their own. The bit I got annoyed with is no one would impose on PaulF and surely its for him to decide who attends his house for dinner etc. I myself will be watching my 10 year old open her presents during the day. I still will stick to what I have said and have now seen a different side to some people. I really cant abide selfish people who only think of themselves.

'I'm alright Jack attitude' pathetic - Christmas is a time to think of others

Its sounding more like a traditional christmas now Family arguments :yeah:

To be fair KatieR has explain what she meant and i do see her point, why should anyone suffer my mums cooking unless connected by blood.

Those who do have no one near by should get first choice for Pauls :yeah:

under par
27th-October-2005, 05:02 PM

:yeah:

And lots of good will and lurve:kiss: :kiss: :hug: :hug: :cheers:

KatieR
27th-October-2005, 05:05 PM
fluffy bunnies fluffy bunnies fluffy bunnies

FLUFFY BUNNIES!!!

LMC
27th-October-2005, 05:12 PM
:yeah: :rofl:

Those who do have no one near by should get first choice for Pauls :yeah:
Or perhaps those who Paul wants to invite?

As it happens, I b****y hate Christmas - I mean really hate it. But no-one takes *my* feelings into consideration, the shops and the media still go hysterically mad about it from the beginning of November... :whistle: Emotions always seem to go off the rails for an event that happens every year, at approximately the same time. Bah, humbug. Gimme New Year instead (fresh starts etc.) ... that's it - I'm off to Scotland for Hogmanay :waycool:

Sheepman
27th-October-2005, 05:51 PM
Will there be a real santa with real sacks?? :innocent: I heard that it'll be a eunuch Santa, one of the elves has got his sack. :whistle:

.... (please see Sparkes & Sheepman for reviews) :yum: :yum: :drool: :drool: :yum: :yum:

Greg

ducasi
27th-October-2005, 11:50 PM
Bah, humbug. Gimme New Year instead (fresh starts etc.) ... that's it - I'm off to Scotland for Hogmanay :waycool: :yeah:
I'm not a big fan of Xmas myself...

Hogmanay's gonna be good though. Starts on the 29th with the "Farewell to the Henry Wood Hall" party in Glasgow... (Oh, and the 30th is also someone's birthday... :whistle:)

I'm sure there'll be a Hogmanay party in Edinburgh too – organised by Route 66 or Boogienights, or someone... (Can't guarantee I'll make that one. I normally do Hogmanay with my non-dancing friends.)

There'll be lots of other stuff to do too. :D

David Bailey
28th-October-2005, 07:48 AM
As it happens, I b****y hate Christmas - I mean really hate it. But no-one takes *my* feelings into consideration, the shops and the media still go hysterically mad about it from the beginning of November... :whistle:
August was the Official Season Start I thought? But you're in the sticks, it may take time to catch up :whistle:

The best way to deal with this frenzy every year is to just let it wash over you - remember, "I am a leaf in the wind" :) Getting all het up over it won't help, it'll still happen and you'll just be worked up over nothing. Get organised, get your pressies and cards sorted out by 1st December, and then get on with things.

(Not that I've ever been even close to that organised - do what I say, not what I do!)

Emotions always seem to go off the rails for an event that happens every year, at approximately the same time.
Approximately? What, you sometimes have it on the 23rd in the sticks? :whistle:

Bah, humbug. Gimme New Year instead (fresh starts etc.) ... that's it - I'm off to Scotland for Hogmanay :waycool:
Actually, I'm not a fan of New Year's Eve either - and for similar reasons, it's all a load of hype, if you want to change your life why wait until New Year, etc.

So, it's the grumpy corner for us two then...

Lee
28th-October-2005, 01:24 PM
fluffy bunnies fluffy bunnies fluffy bunnies

FLUFFY BUNNIES!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:worthy:

Paul F
28th-October-2005, 01:31 PM
Au
Actually, I'm not a fan of New Year's Eve either - and for similar reasons, it's all a load of hype, if you want to change your life why wait until New Year, etc.

I sometimes find new years eve a bit of an anti-climax. All day it builds up to ....well...nothing really :) Big ben does its business and nothing really changes. I still enjoy it though.

Xmas on the other hand, absolutely love it. Cant beat decorations and eating lots of chocolate :clap:
*Paul scrumples up his second galaxy ripple packet today*
Love the feel-good movies, things we dont get enough of IMO.
The best thing for me though about xmas, which i wont have this year unfortunately, is my family. My family are the most important thing in the world to me and I will miss not having them around.

Lee
28th-October-2005, 01:36 PM
I sometimes find new years eve a bit of an anti-climax. All day it builds up to ....well...nothing really :) Big ben does its business and nothing really changes. I still enjoy it though.

Xmas on the other hand, absolutely love it. Cant beat decorations and eating lots of chocolate :clap:
The best thing for me though about xmas, which i wont have this year unfortunately, is my family. My family are the most important thing in the world to me and I will miss not having them around.

:hug: :hug:

KatieR
28th-October-2005, 01:39 PM

Being very close to my family and always having spent Christmas together, I do find Christmas quite an emotional time. Especially being so far away.

I miss them a lot and also miss the Champagne and pancake breakfasts accompanied by the biggest water fight you could possibly imagine... think fire trucks and your thinking about the right vicinity... lets just say my Dad's a maniac! :worthy:

dee
28th-October-2005, 01:49 PM

:yeah: christmas to me will never be the same ever :tears: this will be the 6th one without my dad, and the 3rd without my mum :tears: they both made christmas very special and now they have both passed away i feel it's a constant reminder they have gone.

El Salsero Gringo
28th-October-2005, 02:00 PM
Sheesh.. here I go again having to explain myself.... sorry If I didn't make it clear.

What I meant was that Pauls home doesn't exactly fit a hundred people... it would be nice to have a gathering of those of us who didn't have anywhere else to go... those of you lucky enough to have family around should be thankful.

Thats all Im going to say, I dont feel I need to justify myself any further.What about those of us who have family but whose families don't celebrate Christmas? We need clarification here.

KatieR
28th-October-2005, 02:07 PM
What about those of us who have family but whose families don't celebrate Christmas? We need clarification here.

'1 and 2 and 3 and FLUFFY BUNNIES'

Even though I know I dont need to justify myself to anyone, and those that know me, know the kind of person I am, but Im going to decline on answering and if there is anything you want to ask, please do not hesitate to PM me and I would be more than happy to give you my opinion :D :hug:

El Salsero Gringo
28th-October-2005, 02:13 PM
'1 and 2 and 3 and FLUFFY BUNNIES'

Even though I know I dont need to justify myself to anyone, and those that know me, know the kind of person I am, but Im going to decline on answering and if there is anything you want to ask, please do not hesitate to PM me and I would be more than happy to give you my opinion :D :hug:OK, well, I nominate myself as an overflow service to PaulF's flat. If anyone doesn't consider themselves sufficiently far away from their family to qualify for the A-list I'll do a full Turkey dinner here too and you're all welcome to come - no half-assed exclusions as to who qualifies, all welcome. I reckon I can cater for about 15-20 people, although I might need help with logistics like plates, cutlery, and so on. A full complement of ESG puds will be available, including but not limited to white chocolate cheesecake, banoffi pie, key lime pie and probably chocolate nemesis as well. Afternoon entertainment may include DVDs, game of Bang! and other silliness but is unlikely to include the Queen's speech for I have no telly.

Between me and Paul I'm sure we can accomodate anyone who wants somewhere to go, and we can all go dance together in the evening. PM me if you're up for it, anytime between now and mid-December.

KatieR
28th-October-2005, 02:23 PM
. If anyone doesn't consider themselves sufficiently far away from their family to qualify for the A-list

Can we steer clear of using phrases like this as this was not how my comments were intended.

Between me and Paul I'm sure we can accomodate anyone who wants somewhere to go, and we can all go dance together in the evening. PM me if you're up for it, anytime between now and mid-December.

That is very kind of you to open up your home as well. Im sure we will all have a lovely day.

David Bailey
28th-October-2005, 02:34 PM
Can we steer clear of using phrases like this as this was not how my comments were intended.
If you're planning to stay, you'll need a crash-course in Being Wound Up By ESG - I think there's a specific section in this in the British citizenship test - and at this rate you'll fail.

Which would be bad. :flower:

El Salsero Gringo
28th-October-2005, 02:37 PM
If you're planning to stay, you'll need a crash-course in Being Wound Up By ESG - I think there's a specific section in this in the British citizenship test - and at this rate you'll fail.

Which would be bad. :flower:Don't you mean a crash-course in *not* being wound up?

I'm still trying to decide how to interpret "those that know me, know the kind of person I am". Any suggestions?

dee
28th-October-2005, 02:37 PM
What a lovely offer ESG, do we need to bring sleeping bags and can we stay til new years day?? and will you be the santa??:innocent:

KatieR
28th-October-2005, 02:46 PM
Don't you mean a crash-course in *not* being wound up?

I'm still trying to decide how to interpret "those that know me, know the kind of person I am". Any suggestions?

*Withdraws from conversation in exasperation*

dee
28th-October-2005, 02:49 PM

Lets not worry about what DJ said!!! lets get to the santa bit :drool:

David Bailey
28th-October-2005, 02:54 PM
Lets not worry about what DJ said!!! lets get to the santa bit :drool:
You've got a thing about red, don't you?

dee
28th-October-2005, 03:06 PM
You've got a thing about red, don't you?

You "Little devil you" lol.

I was thinking more on the line of what santa may have in his sack?? and to see if it's true what they say about ESG :innocent:

David Bailey
28th-October-2005, 03:16 PM
I was thinking more on the line of what santa may have in his sack?? and to see if it's true what they say about ESG :innocent:
What, that he winds people up? :innocent: and more :innocent:

No, I was remembering last year's costume, the "red bra" comment and that Santa thing, and leaping to totally unjustified conclusions.

I know what I mean.

Who are you, again?

P.S. Like the new location... :rofl:

Lee
28th-October-2005, 03:18 PM
*Withdraws from conversation in exasperation*

COME BACK KatieR!

dee
28th-October-2005, 03:20 PM
No, I was remembering last year's costume, the "red bra" comment and that Santa thing, and leaping to totally unjustified conclusions.

:

Don't worry DJ i knew exactly what you meant :devil:

KatieR
28th-October-2005, 03:29 PM
COME BACK KatieR!

Give me a good enough reason and Ill think about it... its all just a bit frustrating when something you say gets twisted and manipulated into something totally wrong.

456 fluffy bunnies... 457 fluffy bunnies....

LMC
28th-October-2005, 03:29 PM
And it's neck and neck for the BFG 2006 Forum Pedant Award*, although ESG probably just has the edge as he's managed to add in being deliberately annoying to see if he can set the Aussie Firecracker off, there is some partisan behaviour from some of the onlookers, others appear more interested in their own (or someone else's) underwear...

It's better than the Grand National!

*I'm aiming for 2006 Wooden Spoon Award

EDIT: Will someone get those damn bunnies off the course please?

Lee
28th-October-2005, 03:31 PM
Give me a good enough reason and Ill think about it...

I just wanted to see if you were still going to read the posts and if you'd unsubscribed from the updates. :wink: :na:

Lee

KatieR
28th-October-2005, 03:34 PM
I just wanted to see if you were still going to read the posts and if you'd unsubscribed from the updates. :wink: :na:

Lee

Now why would I do something like that :whistle: :rofl: :rofl:

El Salsero Gringo
28th-October-2005, 04:21 PM
You "Little devil you" lol.

I was thinking more on the line of what santa may have in his sack?? and to see if it's true what they say about ESG :innocent:Yes, it's true; all of it.
its all just a bit frustrating when something you say gets twisted and manipulated into something totally wrong.Go on then, tell us what you *really* meant then and we can spend the next 50 posts dissecting that too.

WittyBird
28th-October-2005, 04:23 PM
Give me a good enough reason and Ill think about it... its all just a bit frustrating when something you say gets twisted and manipulated into something totally wrong.

I didnt manipulate it or twist it in any way I interpreted it how I thought it was meant, it was my opinion on what was being said. I got upset for all the people that maybe cant speak for themselves. At the end of the day I dont hold grudges i said my piece KatieR said her piece that was yesterday its in the past forget it. I have offered to help KatieR in other things and I will still stand by that I am still as we speak looking at ways to help her - And she will back me up by saying I have offered to help.

As far as I am concerned its all forgotten - I got the wrong end of the stick, she didnt make herself clear - END OF :what:

Lee
28th-October-2005, 04:26 PM
It's Friday afternoon!!!!!! STOP WINGING!!!!

Have a good weekend everybody, might see some of you at Hammersmith on Saturday. :cheers:

Lee

spindr
28th-October-2005, 07:37 PM
Santa comes but once a year...
...but when he does, he fills your stocking :)

stewart38
29th-October-2005, 04:09 PM

Sorry doesnt help when you set up another thread headed 'On you own christmas day' and upset people

dont worry only winding you up :wink:

dee
29th-October-2005, 04:12 PM
Santa comes but once a year...
...but when he does, he fills your stocking :)

Luckily, just once a year, as last year when he came down my chimney i spent all morning cleaning up the mess :innocent:

Stu
30th-October-2005, 08:49 PM
I work at a school (in Reading) and may well be able to persuade them to let us have the (massive) hall for free.

Any interest? Let me know and I will find out.

Stu.