PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve 2005 Whats on? Where to go?

under par
27th-October-2005, 06:28 AM
Okay 2 months left until the end of the year 2005.

What events are planned ? Where? is the most happening place to be? Who is going to be where with whom?

Is the Hogmanay and first footing north of the border going to be better than the cider drinking in Devon and Cornwall?:whistle:

Will the choirs in the Welsh valleys be more festive than the tinsel that is London??:whistle:

(oh what cr@p you write when you have been up all night eh!)

Lou
27th-October-2005, 07:08 AM
Well, for those of us in Bristol, we have LeRoc2000's New Year's Eve Party at Chipping Sodbury Town Hall. For more details, see the website (http://leroc.net/leroc2000/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=39)!

:cheers: :kiss: :cheers:

under par
27th-October-2005, 07:20 AM
Well, for those of us in Bristol, we have LeRoc2000's New Year's Eve Party at Chipping Sodbury Town Hall. For more details, see the website (http://leroc.net/leroc2000/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=39)!

:cheers: :kiss: :cheers:

Good starter for the thread Lou.

Will you be going to Chipping Sodbury then?

ElaineB
27th-October-2005, 07:29 AM
Good starter for the thread Lou.

Will you be going to Chipping Sodbury then?

Bloomin hope so - she owes me a dance! :D

Elaine

Heather
27th-October-2005, 07:56 AM
NEW YEAR'S EVE !? By that do you mean HOGMANY, 31st December ?
This is the CerocSCOTLAND Forum you know ( although you would never guess sometimes ) . When in Rome do as the Romans do and all that!
HOGMANY to you sassenachs PLEASE!!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

under par
27th-October-2005, 08:00 AM
This is the CerocSCOTLAND Forum you know ( although you would never guess sometimes ) . When in Rome do as the Romans do and all that!

And where are you going Heather and with whom on this fine Scottish evensong??:whistle:

Heather,
XX

And where are you going Heather and with whom on this fine Scottish evensong??:whistle:

ChrisA
27th-October-2005, 08:18 AM

Fair enough. But at least some of us sassenachs can spell "New Year's Eve".

:whistle:

under par
27th-October-2005, 08:22 AM
Fair enough. But at least some of us sassenachs can spell "New Year's Eve".

:whistle:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Russell Saxby
27th-October-2005, 09:22 AM

:rolleyes:

By that do you mean OLD YEAR'S NIGHT

Russell

Dance Demon
27th-October-2005, 05:14 PM
New Years Eve Ball in Edinburgh this year is at the MacRobert Pavillion, Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston, Edinburgh.......which just happens to be right next door to Edinburgh airport, with a couple of hotels within walking distance, for those of our friends fom down south who would lke to celebrate New Year dancing in the Scottish Capital......Yours truly will be manning the decks for an amazing 6 hours of freestyle!!!!....8pm til 2am.......:clap: :clap:....and it's a glad rags do as well...a chance to get the ball gowns and tuxedos on...and I've got tickets:wink:

RoyBoy
27th-October-2005, 06:06 PM
...and I've got tickets:wink:

And just how might us lesser mortals aquire said tickets?

RoyBoy
27th-October-2005, 06:10 PM
a chance to get the ball gowns and tuxedos on...:wink:

Better get the tartan skirt out of its dust wrapper:waycool:

Robin
27th-October-2005, 10:01 PM
And don't foget that CerocMetro will be having the original "Chillout" on New Years Day at the Finchley/Whetstone venue. Doors open about 8 and goes on till ... ???/ - we'll let you know but its likely to be late!!

Heather
27th-October-2005, 11:30 PM
And just how might us lesser mortals aquire said tickets?

I'm sure John will reserve you one if you ask nicely!!!!:wink:

Heather,
xx

Heather
27th-October-2005, 11:32 PM
Better get the tartan skirt out of its dust wrapper:waycool:

:wink: Can't wait !!! I love to see men wearing kilts!!! :clap:

Heather,
xx

Heather
27th-October-2005, 11:39 PM

I'll be at the Hogmany Ball mentioned in John's post #10.
If last year's is anything to go by, it will be brilliant, and as John says , it's by the airport, so some of you foreigners can easily catch a plane up here and see how NEW YEAR is really celebrated in style!:wink:

I'll be on my own, but there's sure to be lots of lovely, handsome guys for me to dance with!:whistle:

Heather,
xx

David Bailey
28th-October-2005, 07:51 AM
And don't foget that CerocMetro will be having the original "Chillout" on New Years Day at the Finchley/Whetstone venue. Doors open about 8 and goes on till ... ???/ - we'll let you know but its likely to be late!!
Is this going to be ticketed? Bearing in mind the scrum last year... :eek:

Robin
28th-October-2005, 09:38 AM

Absolutely no idea ! I was just mentioning it.

Adam is back so maybe you can raise it with him or Tezi on Monday.

Methinks the idea was for people to be able to pop along, chill, chat, dance etc so methinks ticketing might sort of defeat that ... but this is only my opinion and you'll need to speak to the boss!

David Bailey
28th-October-2005, 10:33 AM
Methinks the idea was for people to be able to pop along, chill, chat, dance etc so methinks ticketing might sort of defeat that ... but this is only my opinion and you'll need to speak to the boss!
I know what you mean - but as that was the only MJ event on that day, well, anywhere, there seemed to be about 2,000 people converging on All Saints last year...

Mary
28th-October-2005, 11:48 AM

Thanks DJ, you've just put me off going and so saving myself a few quid.:cheers: :cheers:

David Bailey
28th-October-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks DJ, you've just put me off going and so saving myself a few quid.:cheers: :cheers:
Errr :blush:

Well, it's all part of my Cunning Plan, as I'm secretly in the pay of Jango and all. Yep, that's it.

I should be on anti-commission or something.

Mary
28th-October-2005, 12:10 PM

Well, it's all part of my Cunning Plan, as I'm secretly in the pay of Jango and all. Yep, that's it.

:rofl: :D :D

Dreadful Scathe
28th-October-2005, 01:15 PM
I'll be at the Hogmany Ball

psssst, Heather - it's Hogmanay ;)

Robin
28th-October-2005, 01:38 PM

Oiii!!!

We'll start charging you to demo the Salsa classes if you really want ?

btw, methinks there will have to be a door counter this year and numbers will be limited in the hall. Maybe also manage to get the rear hall suitably kitted out so that it'll be danceable ... but don;t quote me on that - need somewhere for nibbles too!

ducasi
28th-October-2005, 02:21 PM
(I posted this info originally on another thread, but it better belongs here...)

Hogmanay's in Scotland's gonna be good! Starts on the 29th with the "Farewell to the Henry Wood Hall" party in Glasgow... (Oh, and the 30th is also someone's birthday... :whistle:)

And as Dance Demon said back in post #10, there's going to be a New Year Ball in Edinburgh (presumably on Hogmanay?) organised by Boogienights and Demon Enterprises... (Can't guarantee I'll make that one. I normally do Hogmanay with my non-dancing friends.)

There'll be lots of other stuff to do too. :D

David Bailey
28th-October-2005, 02:38 PM
Maybe also manage to get the rear hall suitably kitted out so that it'll be danceable ... but don;t quote me on that - need somewhere for nibbles too!
That'd be good - but obviously we'll need pink armbands for girls and blue armbands for boys, so we can tell each other apart, surely no self-respecting ceroc event could do otherwise...

fletch
28th-October-2005, 03:18 PM
We are going to Earling :clap: is Finchley far and is it worth another over night stay?:cheers:

David Bailey
28th-October-2005, 03:22 PM
We are going to Earling :clap: is Finchley far and is it worth another over night stay?:cheers:
Ealing is about 19 minutes' drive (can you tell I do it a lot?) from North Finchley in good (i.e. light) traffic.

Round the A406, up the A1000, right at the lights after B&Q, sorted.

Minnie M
28th-October-2005, 03:26 PM
If I can't get to Scotland - I will be at Woking (HG Wells)

The two largest and best NYE dances in the area were Rebel Roc and Ceroc+ (nee Fleet/Jivebug) now all under the Ceroc Surrey banner there will only be the one :clap:

It will be a fab evening and I know they will sell out - so get your tickets early :clap: :yeah: :clap:

fletch
28th-October-2005, 03:28 PM
Ealing is about 19 minutes' drive (can you tell I do it a lot?) from North Finchley in good (i.e. light) traffic.

Round the A406, up the A1000, right at the lights after B&Q, sorted.
'No' 'No' i'm blond all sounds confusing:confused: ;) is it worth going on New Years Day? do you think there will be many people there?:flower:

David Bailey
28th-October-2005, 03:53 PM
'No' 'No' i'm blond all sounds confusing:confused: ;) is it worth going on New Years Day? do you think there will be many people there?:flower:
It was packed last time, everyone else had the same idea. So, yes, unless I can persuade them to stay away of course.

Missy D
28th-October-2005, 05:19 PM
Well seems Ealing NYE is sold out already (not that I was going to go anyway).

I hate New Years Eve with a passion!

Does anyone else feel the same? Me, Dee and the kids just spend it at mine get drunk and singing Old Lambs Eye!in the square! The off to bed with a hot mug of cocoa.

spindr
28th-October-2005, 07:34 PM
Ginger Jive New Year's Eve Masquerade
Liberty Ballroom
New Greenham Park
Near Newbury

9pm - 2am
£16 till 30th November

www.gingerjive.co.uk

Cruella
28th-October-2005, 07:59 PM

How can you hate New Years Eve? Mistletoe and all those kisses!:blush:

Robin
28th-October-2005, 09:13 PM

Does anyone else feel the same? Me, Dee and the kids just spend it at mine get drunk and singing Old Lambs Eye!in the square! The off to bed with a hot mug of cocoa.

well .... thats why there's the New Year's Day Chillout ... Tezi & I also have a family !!!!

under par
28th-October-2005, 09:49 PM
How can you hate New Years Eve? Mistletoe and all those kisses!:blush:

Mistletoe is at Xmas I'm sure !!!:wink:

I'm sure there is loads of kissing and snogging going on at midnight New Years Eve and never a sprig of mistletoe to bee seen...:whistle:

Cruella
28th-October-2005, 09:57 PM
Mistletoe is at Xmas I'm sure !!!:wink:

I'm sure there is loads of kissing and snogging going on at midnight New Years Eve and never a sprig of mistletoe to bee seen...:whistle:
I'm a married woman! So i wouldn't know, i'm just guessing.:innocent:

Dreadful Scathe
1st-November-2005, 10:23 AM

Does anyone else feel the same?

Certainly not. Its a far more important holiday up here than Christmas :)

stewart38
1st-November-2005, 06:03 PM

Where did you here that ?

really good last year and booked in december, although if Woking is on.....

TiggsTours
1st-November-2005, 06:35 PM

Does anyone else feel the same?

Me!

Its always such an anti-climax, you spend ages thinking you've got to do something spectacular, then it never is, and being single, you spend time worrying about who you'll be able to do that spectacular thing with!

More than hating new years eve though, I hate dancing on new years eve! New Years Eve dances are always rubbish (IMO). Personally, I like to go to a friends house, be it a big party or a small gathering, get very drunk, and chat to friends. The only traditional thing I like is listening to Big Ben, and singing Old Lang Zyne.

Dreadful Scathe
1st-November-2005, 09:37 PM
[.....New Years Eve ..... and singing Old Lang Zyne.

That'll be Auld Lang Syne (http://www.chivalry.com/cantaria/lyrics/auldlang.html)... and its hogmanay ;)

stewart38
2nd-November-2005, 03:04 PM

Tickets havent gone on sale yet ! :whistle:

LMC
2nd-November-2005, 03:47 PM
Ealing New Year's Eve tickets go on sale on Friday @Hipsters.

Is there anything north London-ish? - Ceroc Metro/Central areas if not a Ceroc event?

drathzel
2nd-November-2005, 03:59 PM
I dont know what i am doing, but i bet i am not dancing and prob being pawed at my some old granny or something (i tend to go to family gathering when i am at home for new year!):sick:

MOD
23rd-December-2005, 01:04 PM
and to ensure that there is somewhere to dance between Christmas and New Year for all the people who have non-Ceroc things to do on those days (? strange concept) the ONLY place to be is Finchley - Monday 26th Dec and Tuesday 27th Dec ... come and burn off the mince pies ...:clap: :clap: :clap:

stewart38
23rd-December-2005, 01:07 PM
and to ensure that there is somewhere to dance between Christmas and New Year for all the people who have non-Ceroc things to do on those days (? strange concept) the ONLY place to be is Finchley - Monday 26th Dec and Tuesday 27th Dec ... come and burn off the mince pies ...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Finchley 26th ??

MOD
23rd-December-2005, 01:09 PM
http://www.cerocmetro.com/calendarix/calendar.php
check out the calendar, come and boogie!!:grin:

David Bailey
23rd-December-2005, 01:39 PM
Finchley 26th ??
Yep - and Carol's teaching both the Monday and the Tuesday nights, I believe...

MOD
23rd-December-2005, 01:48 PM
The gorgeous Amy will not be with us - sadly - but the equally gorgeous Carol will be there ...
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
lets do it!!!! I just hope she takes it easy with us... :sick:

Minnie M
23rd-December-2005, 06:16 PM
If you like Rock 'n' Roll, the Winning Post in Twickenham is open on Boxing Day - I'm going with a couple of MJ mates :clap:

WittyBird
23rd-December-2005, 07:01 PM
Yep - and Carol's teaching both the Monday and the Tuesday nights, I believe...
Sure is.
Wednesday 28th @ St Albans with Mick :worthy:
but Thursday 29th @ St Albans is shut :clap: means I can go to Greenwich :cheers:

Dance Demon
23rd-December-2005, 11:09 PM
If I can't get to Scotland - I will be at Woking (HG Wells)

are you coming up to Scotland Minnie?............still a few tickets left for a mouse and her friends:D

Minnie M
24th-December-2005, 08:48 AM
are you coming up to Scotland Minnie?............still a few tickets left for a mouse and her friends:D

would really really love to .... not sure if I can afford it though, will check out if there are any cheap flights although I doubt it :sad:

stewart38
26th-December-2005, 10:24 PM
See Ealing is finishing an hour early with no booze or buffet

Woking is sold out I here ? :sad:

TiggsTours
28th-December-2005, 11:12 AM
See Ealing is finishing an hour early with no booze or buffet

Yes, and yet he still thinks it warrants more than doubling the price of a standard Friday dance!

Does anyone know if he's offered refunds to people who'd already booked? Not that I had, or was planning to anyway.

Woking is sold out I here ? :sad:

Do you here, or hear?

It is. :tears:

stewart38
28th-December-2005, 11:22 AM
Yes, and yet he still thinks it warrants more than doubling the price of a standard Friday dance!

Does anyone know if he's offered refunds to people who'd already booked? Not that I had, or was planning to anyway.

Do you here, or hear?

It is. :tears:

Yes he has

No excuse re the buffet thats just lazy

However people can bring their own booze and party at my place afterwards

TiggsTours
28th-December-2005, 11:43 AM
Yes he has

No excuse re the buffet thats just lazy

However people can bring their own booze and party at my place afterwards
Bit of a drive to your place from Ealing, surely?

WittyBird
28th-December-2005, 11:46 AM

It's about 30 mins.
Think I will hide this new year again :D

stewart38
28th-December-2005, 11:58 AM

Depends where you live :wink:

Im sure WB will invite every one anyway

Fletch may not want a B&B but just a warm bed i can offer ??

WittyBird
28th-December-2005, 12:02 PM

Thought the original question was from Ealing :confused:

Im sure WB will invite every one anyway

Now theres a thought :clap:

Is that all your offering ?:rofl:

stewart38
28th-December-2005, 12:15 PM
Thought the original question was from Ealing :confused:

Now theres a thought :clap:

I went to bed 3.35am was up 6.47am to get to 'work'

I aint thinking straight :sick:

WittyBird
28th-December-2005, 12:18 PM
I aint thinking straight :sick:

same old S38 then:rofl:

thewacko
29th-December-2005, 11:40 AM
:flower: well I am off to Leeds to see me mum:flower:

:tears: no dancing for me then:tears:

Tazmanian Devil
29th-December-2005, 11:44 AM
:flower: well I am off to Leeds to see me mum:flower:

:tears: no dancing for me then:tears:
Such a good boy:nice:
Don't worry darling I will have loads of dances for you as I am sure if you ask nicely others will tooo :innocent: Just a shame you cannot do it for yourself :flower:

Maddy
29th-December-2005, 01:13 PM
Hi Guys

Just to let you know that there are only 20 tickets left for this Saturday's New Years Eve Party at the Swindon Ceroc venue (as of Thursday 29th). If you do want a a ticket then call 07984 432210 and speak to Maddy and she will put your name down on the door for payment on the night. Tickets are priced at £20 each and include a champagne reception from 8pm. Event goes on till 1am. :nice:

See the website www.cerocswindon.com for more details

fletch
29th-December-2005, 01:23 PM

Thats it build me up, and then let me down:tears:

We are booked into the Travel Lodge, all back there if you like, see if we can get kicked out:devil:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lynn
29th-December-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm going to a non-dancing party on NYE, but I have heard there will be a band, and there will be some other dancers there, so if there is space...:D

Graham W
29th-December-2005, 06:45 PM
.I've just booked my Swindon ticket; friendly place...

G

David Bailey
29th-December-2005, 07:22 PM
I just got the email about Hipsters and Ealing "bloody incompetent" council, blimey, poor Franco... And good grief, how long does it take for the council to sort out a license for their flippin' town hall of all places? :mad:

I agree that £15 is a bit over-the-odds, considering the shorter time and no food, but OTOH, it must have been a nightmare to organise, and I doubt Franco can cut his costs in half just like that, so I think he's done the right thing.

Let's hope it gets sorted out soon...

stewart38
29th-December-2005, 08:27 PM
I just got the email about Hipsters and Ealing "bloody incompetent" council, blimey, poor Franco... And good grief, how long does it take for the council to sort out a license for their flippin' town hall of all places? :mad:

I agree that £15 is a bit over-the-odds, considering the shorter time and no food, but OTOH, it must have been a nightmare to organise, and I doubt Franco can cut his costs in half just like that, so I think he's done the right thing.

why no food, less time to clean up ??

I dont leave anything ? :mad:

Not aware anyone who has cancelled yet

fletch
29th-December-2005, 08:43 PM

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Save me a dance:flower:

Whats a hour between freinds:wink:

Mr Cool
29th-December-2005, 10:49 PM
.I've just booked my Swindon ticket; friendly place...

G

Swindon for me too

:waycool: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

David Bailey
30th-December-2005, 11:18 AM
why no food, less time to clean up ??
Yeah, basically - they have to vacate the place sharpish or something as I recall (I don't have the mail to hand).

Save me a dance:flower:
If I were going, I would :)

Cruella
31st-December-2005, 12:42 PM
Hope everyone has a good time wherever they are going to be. I love New years eve! All those kisses:devil: I'm going to a muggle party so no dancing for me, just a lot of alcohol!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Graham W
31st-December-2005, 04:17 PM
Yeaaah, Happy New Year to anyone reading;

my resolution is to dance more outside of Bristol next year,

G

bigdjiver
31st-December-2005, 04:39 PM
Hope everyone has a good time wherever they are going to be. I love New years eve! All those kisses:devil: I'm going to a muggle party so no dancing for me, just a lot of alcohol!!
HAPPY NEW YEARA friend of my son bade everybody "Happy Christmas" as he left the pub. He staggered, just a little bit. It was the only time my son had ever seen him show any signs at all of having been drinking. That night he fell down the stairs at home and died of a broken neck.

I hope you all enjoy the New Year, all of it, and many more. Take care.

Lynn
1st-January-2006, 03:41 AM
I'm going to a non-dancing party on NYE, but I have heard there will be a band, and there will be some other dancers there, so if there is space...:DI brought my dance shoes just in case - and was very glad I did! The band played from 9:30 - 12:30 with a break for a buffet supper (and a short break at midnight to sing Auld Lang Syne) and loads of people were up dancing!:clap: I was the only MJ woman, but there were several MJ leads, so I was dancing to almost every song.:D

And fab value - mulled drink and shortbread on arrival, live band (who were very good) for several hours, buffet supper at 10:30pm with soft drinks, tea/coffee and nibbles at 12:30am to chill out after the dancing - all for £5! :worthy:

Graham W
1st-January-2006, 06:09 PM
Swindon for me too

:waycool: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

It was a good evening for me, price a bit steep?(venue management?), nice atomosophere thu made it worthwhile..

G

bigdjiver
2nd-January-2006, 02:58 PM
A friend of my son bade everybody "Happy Christmas" as he left the pub. He staggered, just a little bit. It was the only time my son had ever seen him show any signs at all of having been drinking. That night he fell down the stairs at home and died of a broken neck.

I hope you all enjoy the New Year, all of it, and many more. Take care.He was known locally as "Jack the Hat", because he always wore a hat, even when he streaked naked down the embankment. "It was a miserable Sunday, and I wanted to cheer people up." "Jack" was a book lover. He used to leave books where he finished them, usually in a pub, with a note saying "Read me.". He helped out in the local Oxfam bookshop, where his knowledge helped identify rare and valuable books, and so raise more money. "Jack" died Christmas day, and left more than memories and his children. His kidneys and heart valves were transplanted after his death into a 14 year old boy, a 40 year old man, and a lady in her sixties. "Jack" was an organ donor.
John Norman Bryson. R.I.P.

Katie
2nd-January-2006, 11:37 PM
I went to non-dancing event and I had one of the best New Year's eve ever! I was fortunate enough to be at Somerset House ice rink, standing behind Natasha Kaplinsky as part of the "controlled crowd" before the countdown :waycool: A very special event topped off with some fine champagne! :drool: