PDA

View Full Version : BFG Regrets

Minnie M
25th-October-2005, 11:31 AM
There are quite a few 'post BFG' threads - so I thought I would start this one - cors I need it :rolleyes:

chocalait - not the yummy stuff in its plenty over the whole weekend (specially those After 8's ) .... I'm talking about BILL, not only did I not have time for a massage I missed one of his dreammy dances :tears:

Too much rain :sad: don't think it stopped from the time we landed on Thursday and it was still raining when we left on Monday lunchtime :tears:

More dances with Franck (another one who should be cloned)

A dance with Sheena

Not having enough time to dance with ALL the leads (got most though :whistle: )

Not knowing who all the forumites where :tears:

Not going to all the workshops (not enough hours in the day)

the hour wait on the tarmac at Luton Airport, and not knowing why :mad: (my poor son not knowing either and having to pay the extra (very extra) cost on the parking :angry: )

TiggsTours
25th-October-2005, 11:43 AM
Not going!:tears:

Although the only reason I didn't go was cost (flight, hotel, weekend itself, extras) I had a pretty rubbish weekend.

Although some very pleasant company for dinner Sunday night did pick it up a bit!:drool:

Minnie M
25th-October-2005, 11:59 AM
of course, not have all my mates with us like TiggsTours and Almost an Angel - in fact it would have been really nice if ALL forumites could have made it :tears:

dee
25th-October-2005, 03:57 PM

Although the only reason I didn't go was cost (flight, hotel, weekend itself, extras) I had a pretty rubbish weekend.

:yeah: Those are the exact reasons why i couldn't go :tears:

Night Owl
25th-October-2005, 07:29 PM
I enjoyed my dance with you Minnie:flower:

just a shame i hadn`t plucked up the courage to dance with more of the lovely ladies:blush:

Dance again soon:yeah:

Minnie M
25th-October-2005, 07:35 PM
I enjoyed my dance with you Minnie:flower:

:hug: recipricated:yeah:

Cruella
25th-October-2005, 08:41 PM
My regrets were not finding out who everyone was! So if you think you danced or spoke to me but i didn't find out your forum name it would be great to get a description from you so i could put a face to the names. :sick:

Piglet
25th-October-2005, 10:12 PM
Having a duff knee and not knowing why I had a duff knee and being too scared to do too much dancing because of said duff knee.

Funnily enough it has now developed a bruise so I'm hoping its not a nasty internal injury but just a bad bump, but I can't remember bumping it!

I think I'm just getting old :tears:

Tiggerbabe
25th-October-2005, 10:37 PM
BFG Regrets? - it's all over :tears: (till next year :D )

12,13,14 MAY 2006 (just in case you missed the dates on the other thread :wink: )

Piglet
25th-October-2005, 10:41 PM
BFG Regrets? - it's all over :tears: (till next year :D )

12,13,14 MAY 2006 (just in case you missed the dates on the other thread :wink: )
You forgot to mention how many sleeps that was - or can Minnie help?:rofl:

(Must be close to 200 at a rough estimate?)

DavidY
25th-October-2005, 10:43 PM
You forgot to mention how many sleeps that was - or can Minnie help?:rofl:

(Must be close to 200 at a rough estimate?)I reckon 199...

Lynn
25th-October-2005, 10:57 PM
BFG Regrets? - it's all over :tears: (till next year :D ):yeah:

Lynn
26th-October-2005, 12:02 AM
Oh I do have a regret - missing the showcases - presume these were before the Forum Awards on the Sat night? (We arrived in the middle of the awards.)

Nessa
26th-October-2005, 12:35 AM
MAY next year?????

Now you've gone and screwed up all my plans Sheena :tears: This year it fitted in so well, bracketing my long holidays with the Southport weekender.....

I also regret not dancing with more people, mostly because I'm desperately shy:whistle: , but on the positive side there were many faces and more names that I knew than when I was at Southport 5-odd weeks before, so it was a wee bit more comfortable!

Thanks whoever it was - Minnie M? - who has just reminded me that I missed out on my promised dance with Bill, and FRANCK!!!! Where were you??? We got about 3 bars of our last dance in when that fire alarm went off, and you never came back for me:tears:

Ah well. Next year, eh. And if any of you are in Sydney in the meantime, I still have that spare room available - on the grounds that I get a dance with you though :hug: :D

Minnie M
26th-October-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks whoever it was - Minnie M? - who has just reminded me that I missed out on my promised dance with Bill, and FRANCK!!!!
:innocent: not sure if it was me, trouble with forum names, I was introduced to a very nice pretty blond lady by Simon Boreland - was that you :confused: but he introduced us by our REAL names

Minnie Mouse (aka Lynda, aka Lyndaslist)
:hug: :kiss: :flower:

Piglet
26th-October-2005, 08:32 AM
Oh I do have a regret - missing the showcases - presume these were before the Forum Awards on the Sat night? (We arrived in the middle of the awards.)

Hey, I didn't know about this either - how did I miss it??:confused:
Like Lynn we got back after the awards had started, but had planned to be back in time to catch them from the beginning.

doc martin
26th-October-2005, 09:55 AM
My regrets were not finding out who everyone was! So if you think you danced or spoke to me but i didn't find out your forum name it would be great to get a description from you so i could put a face to the names. :sick:
:yeah: Too often in the workshops my mind was racing trying to remember what I was supposed to be doing and I just forgot to ask. Although if I had asked everyone every time I saw them I probably would have had total name overload and forgotten all names, including my own.

I wish we had had name badges, preferably with a little piccy of the persons avatar on it.

Lynn
26th-October-2005, 10:37 AM
MAY next year?????

Now you've gone and screwed up all my plans Sheena :tears: This year it fitted in so well, bracketing my long holidays with the Southport weekender.....There is a Southport the first weekend of June as well, which would fit in well with the BFG in May.

Dizzy
26th-October-2005, 12:13 PM
:innocent: not sure if it was me, trouble with forum names, I was introduced to a very nice pretty blond lady by Simon Boreland - was that you :confused: but he introduced us by our REAL names

Lynda, Nessa was the girl that was with Trampy when we had post dance sandwiches and drinks at the hotel. That's right, isn't it? :flower:

Minnie M
26th-October-2005, 02:51 PM
Lynda, Nessa was the girl that was with Trampy when we had post dance sandwiches and drinks at the hotel. That's right, isn't it? :flower:
:confused: too busy yapping to Franck to see who Steve was with

killingtime
26th-October-2005, 02:59 PM

That's Lynda with a 'y' yeah? Just checking :D.

Dance Demon
26th-October-2005, 03:39 PM
That's Lynda with a 'y' yeah? Just checking :D.

Take it you've had a look at the Linda with an "I" list then......:eek: :eek: :rofl:

killingtime
26th-October-2005, 03:42 PM
Take it you've had a look at theLinda with an "I" list then......:eek: :eek: :rofl:

There didn't seem to be much about dance events on that list at all :eek:. Not that I went there or anything :rolleyes: :whistle:.

under par
26th-October-2005, 03:43 PM
Take it you've had a look at theLinda with an "I" list then......:eek: :eek: :rofl:

Steady BOYZ this thread will be off upstairs before you know it!!!:blush:

Minnie M
26th-October-2005, 07:58 PM
There didn't seem to be much about dance events on that list at all :eek:. Not that I went there or anything :rolleyes: :whistle:.
All depends what kind of 'dancing' you are looking for :whistle:

stewart38
27th-October-2005, 11:51 AM

Although some very pleasant company for dinner Sunday night did pick it up a bit!:drool:

Not enough holidays left and taken too many sick days already :sad:

Nessa
27th-October-2005, 03:22 PM
That was indeed me Dizzy... but... um.... how can I say this... which one were you? And were you introduced by a forum name or was I just thrown a real name to try and deal with hmm????
Now I'll have to go through all my trip photos and see if there's a decent one of me, just so people can go "Oh yeah.. I remember that chick...."

:flower:

I'm too shy, that's my problem :blush: . I didn't ask NEARLY enough people to dance!

Minnie M
27th-October-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks whoever it was - Minnie M? - who has just reminded me that I missed out on my promised dance with Bill, and FRANCK!!!! Where were you??? We got about 3 bars of our last dance in when that fire alarm went off, and you never came back for me

That was indeed me Dizzy... but... um.... how can I say this... which one were you? And were you introduced by a forum name or was I just thrown a real name to try and deal with hmm????
Now I'll have to go through all my trip photos and see if there's a decent one of me, just so people can go "Oh yeah.. I remember that chick...."

I'm too shy, that's my problem :blush: . I didn't ask NEARLY enough people to dance!

Think you might have mixed us up Nessa, don't think we met :what:

We need a Nessa photo please :flower:

Dizzy
27th-October-2005, 03:45 PM

I'm the one that got to sit on Steve's knee for a bit when everyone else took all the chairs. :D