PDA

View Full Version : Who is everyone???

Stu
25th-October-2005, 06:50 AM
Having just joined the forums, I don't know who everyone is and I've very little chance of ever hooking up aliases to faces unless people post photographs of themselves.

I have been dancing for 8 years now and know loads and loads of people. Can you believe no-one ever mentioned the forum to me until friday night at Banbury (so I joined up of course - admittedly mainly to try and contact the gorgeous woman who mentioned it again!).

I would find much nicer if I could link up aliases to the people that I know and dance with, especially having been a regular in London/Hipsters for many years now despite living in Reading (and really only going in for Hammersmith now). I feel people on this forum are always willing to be accountable for their posts, so identity shouldn't be a major issue and we are dealing with a group of people who almost exclusively over 18 too.

It would also be nice when visiting new venues, which I do quite a bit if I recognised someone from their forum photograph.

I really don't understand why people (within the context of the Ceroc discussion board) don't post up their photographs, it's not like a normal chat area where all the pretty ones are going to get unrealistic amounts of hassle from unbelievably sleezy and forward guys who you simply can't kick in the nuts :eek: bcos they're not stood right in front of you.

Also, I couldn't find an appropriate place to post this thread, so here will have to do (unless they move it!!!)

Lou
25th-October-2005, 07:17 AM
Have a peek at this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1738&page=17). It's been going for ages & has most people's photos. :flower:

(I've pointed at the newest posts - but just keep scrolling backwards!)

TiggsTours
25th-October-2005, 09:03 AM
Ah, Stewart, I know how you feel, I found it frustrating when I first joined, but you soon meet up with plenty of people. I'd be happy to introduce to any other forumites I know, when I see you at dances.

TT.:hug:

KatieR
25th-October-2005, 09:33 AM
Ah, Stewart, I know how you feel, I found it frustrating when I first joined, but you soon meet up with plenty of people. I'd be happy to introduce to any other forumites I know, when I see you at dances.

TT.:hug:

I think that goes for most forumites.. once you know a few of us.. when you go to venues we will always introduce you to others.:)

under par
25th-October-2005, 09:50 AM
I think that goes for most forumites.. once you know a few of us.. when you go to venues we will always introduce you to others.:)

And if you are lucky you will be shown the special forum handshake and given the lapel pin for when we go incognito.:waycool:

Hope to meet you soon ...shh..:yeah:

Minnie M
25th-October-2005, 10:03 AM
Come to T-Jive this Sunday - lots of us forumites will be there, it is such a friendly place you will soon find out who we all are :D and............ you will have a fab afternoon too :clap:

TiggsTours
25th-October-2005, 10:20 AM
Come to T-Jive this Sunday - lots of us forumites will be there, it is such a friendly place you will soon find out who we all are :D and............ you will have a fab afternoon too :clap:
Except for those of us who will be at Rock Bottoms!:clap: :clap: :clap: (getting really excited now, bouncing's in full flow!)

stewart38
25th-October-2005, 11:05 AM

or Ashtons , who different hand shake :wink:

CJ
25th-October-2005, 12:04 PM
Or Peterculter, who shake the, erm, nevermind...

Ickle Chick'n
25th-October-2005, 01:00 PM
And if you are lucky you will be shown the special forum handshake and given the lapel pin for when we go incognito.:waycool:

Hey I love the idea of a larel pin, where do I sign up?! :D How many times do you walk down the street somewhere and wonder how many of the people passing are jivers?! I was thinking a subtle tatoo would say we're part of a club but if it's subtle then it's not obvious when passing in the street! It's like a whole undercover world of mystery so I think lapel pins are just the ticket!!!:clap:

Stu
25th-October-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks guys (and gals), it's really great getting to know everyone. :D

I look forward to a few more intros now......

Stu (or Stuart, please note the spelling!!!)

I wish I'd chosen my forum name as Stuart_Reading, but then I'm a muppet when it comes to these things :blush:

spindr
25th-October-2005, 01:27 PM
Can you believe no-one ever mentioned the forum to me until friday night at Banbury
Gosh, you'll be telling us next that you've never heard of:
www.lyndaslist.com
www.jiveoholic.org.uk
www.uk-jive.co.uk
www.cerocforum.com
www.cerocwiki.com

and of course

www.afterfive.co.uk :whistle:

SpinDr

Minnie M
25th-October-2005, 01:46 PM
and of course

www.afterfive.co.uk :whistle:

SpinDr
Which you can also find via my list - it is the best of the rest as far as I am concerned :worthy:

Minnie M (aka Lyndaslist - with a Y :whistle: ):hug:

stewart38
25th-October-2005, 03:30 PM
or Ashtons , who different hand shake :wink:

I swear from my 1,600th post and hence forward, ill at least look at what I post before I press the submit button

I did get O level English

so I meant " or Ashtons, who DO a different hand shake" . The punch line is lost if the . are missing :grin:

Minnie M
25th-October-2005, 03:32 PM
I swear from my 1,600th post and hence forward, ill at least look at what I post before I press the submit button

I did get O level English

so I meant " or Ashtons, who DO a different hand shake" . The punch line is lost if the . are missing :grin:
:rofl: I do that all the time, your fingers are too quick :whistle: