PDA

View Full Version : Sun 30th Oct - London

FirstMove
23rd-October-2005, 07:04 PM
I'll be in London on the aforementioned (next) Sunday. I understand the options are T-Jive in Hammersmith and Ashtons Chill-out in Cricklewood. Where do forumites congregate? :clap:

Reading the blurb, T-Jive is Jango based, in which I've only ever done one lesson, and Ashtons has a ballroom lesson, equally wasted on me :(

WittyBird
23rd-October-2005, 07:48 PM
I'll be in London on the aforementioned (next) Sunday. I understand the options are T-Jive in Hammersmith and Ashtons Chill-out in Cricklewood. Where do forumites congregate? :clap:

Reading the blurb, T-Jive is Jango based, in which I've only ever done one lesson, and Ashtons has a ballroom lesson, equally wasted on me :(

I havent done Hammersmith on a Sunday but I have done Ashtons. My favourite is Ashtons but thats only because thats the first place I ever did a freestyle evening! I also think that Hammersmith can be a little clicky but I have not been recently so it could of changed! :grin:

Gus
24th-October-2005, 12:06 AM
I also think that Hammersmith can be a little clicky but I have not been recently so it could of changed! :grin:Cliquey???? Must admit that has been far from my experience ... but everyone will find a venue different.

Think its previously been stated, if you want a more standard 'Cerocy' experience ... go to Astons, if you want to be exposed to more 'ineetrsting' music, moments of pure manic chaos and see some of the friendliest/best dancers (IMHO) go to Jango (PS, the lesson may be Jango but the dancing is predominantly MJ, with some WCS types lurking about:wink: )

David Bailey
24th-October-2005, 07:41 AM
{ blah blah Jango is great blah }
No, no - you're missing the point, she said it's "clicky".
That is, everyone clicks their fingers whilst dancing, I presume? :innocent:

Obviously, the click style is not for everyone, and it's not unreasonable to feel intimidated by all this finger-clicking going on. So she should stay at home and watch the omnibus edition of Eastenders, what wiv Grunt and Phiw returning.

WittyBird
24th-October-2005, 08:27 AM
No, no - you're missing the point, she said it's "clicky".
That is, everyone clicks their fingers whilst dancing, I presume? :innocent:

Yes I admit Typo... not everyone is perfect.:what: But it doesnt mean you have to be so damn pedantic :innocent:

DJ initials or Detrimental Jest now theres a thought :rofl:

David Bailey
24th-October-2005, 08:31 AM
Yes I admit Typo... not everyone is perfect.:what: But it doesnt mean you have to be so damn pedantic :innocent:

Hey, I've got to rack up the Pedant Points you know, I only came second in the Awards this year...

FWIW, I thought it was a great typo :clap:

senorita
24th-October-2005, 09:30 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I nearly spilt my cuppa T all over my desk with my fits of laughter...sorry DJ

FirstMove
24th-October-2005, 01:25 PM
OK, so nothing much to choose between Hammersmith and Cricklewood in terms of the experience. Are any Forumites actually going to either of them? (Dancing MJ on your own isn't a good look)

David Bailey
24th-October-2005, 01:50 PM
OK, so nothing much to choose between Hammersmith and Cricklewood in terms of the experience. Are any Forumites actually going to either of them? (Dancing MJ on your own isn't a good look)
Apparently some people at some MJ events will dance with you, even if you're not a Forum member. Weirdos, obviously. Ahem.

OK, the T-Jive is at Kent House, and apparently the DJ is Marcy Marc ( :rolleyes: - is it just me that wants to pronounce it "Marsy Mark"?) Forster.

To quote from the website (http://www.fusiondance.freeservers.com/index.html):
----------------
The Famous T-Jive bodly goes where no T-Cake and Dance combo has been before. The DJ Forster debut at our last T-Jive received rave feedback, including...

{ blah Marc is great blah }

Master Class with Amir and Kate:
TangoJive Fusion 2-3pm
{ blah blurb blah }

The Kent Klub Master Mix 3-5.30pm
{ blah more blurb }

7 pounds or 6 pounds after 3pm.
----------------

For the Ashtons Chill-out lounge, the website blurb (http://www.ceroclondon.com/chill_out_lounge.htm) is as follows
----------------
Guest DJ’s create the ambiance for the day depending on the mood (or the weather!) to ensure you have a chilled afternoon, leaving happy and relaxed.

The afternoon starts off with a half hour ballroom session which slips effortlessly into the cool sounds of the ‘Chill Out’ Lounge.

{ snip blah blah yet more blurb }

A selection of tea’s and coffee are served upstairs for 2 hours between the hours of 2.30 and 4.30 pm.

Biscuits, fruit, crisps and some small cakes are provided to keep you going through the afternoon.

Entry price is £8.00 (unless we have a band).
Doors Open at 2.00pm
Refreshments 2.30 – 4.30pm
‘Chill Out’ Freestyle 2.30 – 6.30pm
----------------

I guess it depends whether you want to "bodly go" or have great "ambiance" :whistle:

The Kent House atmosphere is more like a large party I believe, whereas Ashtons is closer in scale to a standard Ceroc event.

To be honest, they both sound OK.

stewart38
24th-October-2005, 01:57 PM
I havent done Hammersmith on a Sunday but I have done Ashtons. My favourite is Ashtons but thats only because thats the first place I ever did a freestyle evening! I also think that Hammersmith can be a little clicky but I have not been recently so it could of changed! :grin:

Ill sit in the passenger seat now :grin:

Mary
24th-October-2005, 02:03 PM
I also think that Hammersmith can be a little clicky but I have not been recently so it could of changed! :grin:

That must be the segs that some people there have on the soles of their dance shoes.

M

stewart38
24th-October-2005, 02:14 PM
Cliquey???? Must admit that has been far from my experience ... but everyone will find a venue different.

Think its previously been stated, if you want a more standard 'Cerocy' experience ... go to Astons, if you want to be exposed to more 'ineetrsting' music, moments of pure manic chaos and see some of the friendliest/best dancers (IMHO) go to Jango (PS, the lesson may be Jango but the dancing is predominantly MJ, with some WCS types lurking about:wink: )

A man with no bias :yeah:

If you get lost Ashtons has less letters in it to spell then Hammersmith but then Ashtons is at Cricklewood so they come out even.

David Bailey
24th-October-2005, 02:23 PM
A man with no bias :yeah:

If you get lost Ashtons has less letters in it to spell then Hammersmith but then Ashtons is at Cricklewood so they come out even.
:rofl:
Well, that's one way of deciding...

FirstMove
24th-October-2005, 02:25 PM
... Are any Forumites actually going to either of them?

So the answer's no then? You're all voting with your feet, so to speak.:tears:

David Bailey
24th-October-2005, 02:27 PM
So the answer's no then? You're all voting with your feet, so to speak.:tears:
It's Phiw and Grunt for me. Does that help? :innocent:

WittyBird
24th-October-2005, 02:28 PM
That must be the segs that some people there have on the soles of their dance shoes.

M

I dont understand that ?:what:

Mary
24th-October-2005, 02:56 PM
I dont understand that ?:what:

Segs are little metal things which go in the heels or the toes on the bottom of the shoes which made them click on the pavement as you walked along. They were very trendy, ooooh, erm, a long time ago. I think you can still buy them.

So that joke got totally lost. :rolleyes:

M

WittyBird
24th-October-2005, 04:23 PM
Segs are little metal things which go in the heels or the toes on the bottom of the shoes which made them click on the pavement as you walked along. They were very trendy, ooooh, erm, a long time ago. I think you can still buy them.

So that joke got totally lost. :rolleyes:

M
I'm sorry for spoiling your fun :tears:
But thank you for enlightening me :D

Dizzy
24th-October-2005, 08:03 PM
If it helps at all FM, I will be at Jango. :clap: :worthy:

dee
24th-October-2005, 08:14 PM
If it helps at all FM, I will be at Jango. :clap: :worthy:

And i will be at Ashtons :flower:

Minnie M
24th-October-2005, 08:17 PM
It's Phiw and Grunt for me. Does that help? :innocent:
Do you mean Feel and Grunt :confused: I missed them tonight as my son is watching football and I am on his computer :rolleyes: so got to get home by 10pm to watch it on ITV2 (or is it ITV3 :confused: )

BTW I'll be at the T-Dance Sunday - Magic Marc is DJing after his debut performance he is sure to bring the crowds in again - just lurv his stuff (great sets at the BFG too :drool: )

under par
25th-October-2005, 01:11 AM
mrs Par and I will be at the T Jive....:yeah: :cheers:

ElaineB
25th-October-2005, 07:20 AM
mrs Par and I will be at the T Jive....:yeah: :cheers:

And myself and Simon - looking forward to a dance or two please? :flower:

Elaine

stewart38
25th-October-2005, 09:24 AM
Does Ashtons suffer when Jango is on ? (re numbers)

senorita
25th-October-2005, 09:29 AM

I have been a couple of times in the past when Jango T dance was on, & it was very busy, but that was then :flower:

David Bailey
25th-October-2005, 09:41 AM
No reason why it should (or vice versa for that matter).

London's a big place, and if there's a big enough market to support 4 - 5 MJ places on a weekday evening, I'd imagine it's big enough to support a couple of venues on a weekend afternoon.

I used to wonder about how much "clashing" events caused problems in terms of numbers, but I now think that mostly they don't - I reckon at least 75% of dancers at a venue are regulars for that venue, and only 25% are "floating dancers".

There are some exceptions - for example, really large-scale events like the Walthamstow Ball in London can affect numbers across town in Hammersmith. Or if there are lots of events on, numbers may be down generally.

But all other factors being equal, I think a venue succeeds if it's good, and fails if it's not.

under par
25th-October-2005, 09:47 AM
No reason why it should (or vice versa for that matter).

London's a big place, and if there's a big enough market to support 4 - 5 MJ places on a weekday evening, I'd imagine it's big enough to support a couple of venues on a weekend afternoon..

very true, especially as you cannot squeeze that many into Kent house either its a very small venue.

But all other factors being equal, I think a venue succeeds if it's good, and fails if it's not.

I agree if the venue provide what the punters want it will be well attended whatever else is on.

Minnie M
25th-October-2005, 09:50 AM
And myself and Simon - looking forward to a dance or two please? :flower:
Elaine
:clap: :clap: :clap: book me in for a dance with the champ please :worthy:

stewart38
25th-October-2005, 10:19 AM
I used to wonder about how much "clashing" events caused problems in terms of numbers, but I now think that mostly they don't - I reckon at least 75% of dancers at a venue are regulars for that venue, and only 25% are "floating dancers".

Chesham suffers when Ashtons is on must be the 25% of floating dancers ,drift that way.:sad:

Cruella
26th-October-2005, 11:22 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: book me in for a dance with the champ please :worthy:
I'll be right behind you Lynda, so pass him over when you've finished!

Zebra Woman
26th-October-2005, 11:46 AM

Then me next please :clap:

ZW:flower:

under par
26th-October-2005, 11:55 AM

Whilst you lot squabble over Simon I can dance away with the delectable Elaine:drool: :yeah:

Keep it up girls!!(if I can say that!!)

Cruella
26th-October-2005, 12:11 PM
But i'll be after you too Paul!

latinlover
26th-October-2005, 01:56 PM

Blimey, if that's the case Hammersmith has really deteriorated:what:
when did you last go ,First Move?
I like Ashtons alot for a MJ night , but I would choose Kent house over ashtons (Even after a ballroom class,it'll be the same old MJstuff afterwards)any time for sheer unadulterated quality of dance experience
Are you sure you don't mean hammersmith town hall on a saturday........?

senorita
26th-October-2005, 03:30 PM

I'm free sat night & would love to dance :D but dont know what else is on apart from Hammersmith Town Hall.., so it maybe the case I have to sell my soul again to get in there :( :rolleyes: :o

Not sure on Sunday yet as I have to be on standby for my Airballonride :grin: if that doesnt happen I may come to Ashtons T dance..BUT if it decides to be 30C plus degree's (yeah right) I'm elsewhere thanku very much :D :waycool:

Zebra Woman
26th-October-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm free sat night & would love to dance :D but dont know what else is on apart from Hammersmith Town Hall.., so it maybe the case I have to sell my soul again to get in there :( :rolleyes: :o

Some confusion going on here? :confused:

Saturday Night:

Hammersmith Town Hall - Ceroc freestyle. Big hall usually crowded, shin protection recommended.

Sunday Afternoon:

Ashtons T Jive - Ceroc freestyle (Chill-out Lounge)2.30 -6.30, with 1 hour of ballroom music at the start . Cake and a VERY BIG FAN.

Hammersmith (Kent House) - Amir's T jive, Very small hall, slower more interesting music. Class 2-3PM Freestyle to Marc's music 3 - 5.30PM. Cake.

under par
26th-October-2005, 03:45 PM

Good I've marked my dance card accordingly.:yum: :kiss:

Zebra Woman
26th-October-2005, 03:52 PM

Me too! :yum:

Paul F
26th-October-2005, 03:54 PM

Hammersmith may be good but, if you can get there, I would strongly consider JagJives venue at Gt Bookham, Leatherhead.
Only been to one of their nights before but it was really really good. Good dancers, good music and well run.

I have copied the note from uk-jive.

--------------
Our home venue in Great Bookham is a charming character venue with two rooms - modern jive in the Old Barn Hall and swing & blues in the adjoining Harrison Hall. The Old Barn Hall has an excellent sprung dance floor and a cathedral ceiling with original oak beams.
We ALWAYS restrict numbers to 50% of the fire limit, to provide sufficient space for dancers. Almost all dances sell out in advance.
John is also resident DJ at Stompin' Fridays in Hove & the quarterly Events For Charity dances at Hove Town Hall.

Popular & friendly venue attracting dancers from all over the South. 2 Halls (Modern + Swing & Blues). Top DJs. Juice/water at cost, byo alcohol. Free tea & coffee. Advanced reservations recommended.
The Old Barn Hall, Bookham, 55 Church Road, Great Bookham, Leatherhead
Starts at : 19:45
Ticket price : £6
Door price (if available) : £7
Non-smoking venue

-----------------

I have never been but Sheepy made it 4 people who have now recommended this venue to me. Must be something in it!

under par
26th-October-2005, 04:15 PM
--------------
Our home venue in Great Bookham is a charming character venue with two rooms - modern jive in the Old Barn Hall and swing & blues in the adjoining Harrison Hall. The Old Barn Hall has an excellent sprung dance floor and a cathedral ceiling with original oak beams.
We ALWAYS restrict numbers to 50% of the fire limit, to provide sufficient space for dancers. Almost all dances sell out in advance.
John is also resident DJ at Stompin' Fridays in Hove & the quarterly Events For Charity dances at Hove Town Hall.

Popular & friendly venue attracting dancers from all over the South. 2 Halls (Modern + Swing & Blues). Top DJs. Juice/water at cost, byo alcohol. Free tea & coffee. Advanced reservations recommended.
Non-smoking venue

-----------------

I have never been but Sheepy made it 4 people who have now recommended this venue to me. Must be something in it!

This is a cracking evening..

the hall is quite small but they usually run a separate blues room.

BE WARNED THIS IS NORMALLY SOLD OUT .. so if you are interested book a ticket in advance they have turned many dancers away on the night.

under par
26th-October-2005, 04:16 PM
Me too! :yum:

ZW:flower::flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :yum: :drool:

senorita
26th-October-2005, 04:41 PM
Some confusion going on here? :confused:

Saturday Night:

Hammersmith Town Hall - Ceroc freestyle. Big hall usually crowded, shin protection recommended.

Sunday Afternoon:

Ashtons T Jive - Ceroc freestyle (Chill-out Lounge)2.30 -6.30, with 1 hour of ballroom music at the start . Cake and a VERY BIG FAN.

Hammersmith (Kent House) - Amir's T jive, Very small hall, slower more interesting music. Class 2-3PM Freestyle to Marc's music 3 - 5.30PM. Cake.

why is it so confusing that I'm free on saturday :D :rofl: :flower:
Am I not aloud a day of work!! :whistle:

under par
26th-October-2005, 04:43 PM
why is it so confusing that I'm free on saturday :D :rofl: :flower:
Am I not aloud a day of work!! :whistle:

the thread is about Sunday!!!:whistle:

the aloud you want is allowed...:whistle:

:hug: you did ask?:hug:

Tiggerbabe
26th-October-2005, 11:22 PM

and I think the OF of which she speaks might be OFF :whistle: (hey this pedant thing is fun! Move over DJ :hug: )

FirstMove
27th-October-2005, 12:06 AM
Thanks for all your opinions. From the sound of it, T-Jive just has the edge for Sunday, so that's where I'll be!

I've packed my bags tonight for the following:-

Thurs - Fulham
Fri - Chimes
Sat - My Mum's 60th Bday (so no dancing or watching SCD3 :( )
Sun - T-Jive

Ceroc London have stupidly sent me free tickets for the first two :)

See you all there!:cheers:

Thanks again.
FM

senorita
27th-October-2005, 09:06 AM
the thread is about Sunday!!!:whistle:

:hug: you did ask?:hug:

Okoy dokay....I'm just off to school to learn how to read threads properly & spelling school too...
see you when I've grown up :rofl:
:hug:

Stu
30th-October-2005, 01:05 PM
Looks like today will be my first Jango experience then :D

Not sure I'll make the class though, but it does sound like fun, guess I'll try and park on the M4 J10 around 12:45! :whistle:

Stu
30th-October-2005, 08:45 PM
Well Jango T-Jive was brilliant!!!!! I have to say everyone was wonderful and so nice to meet so many lovely forumites :D :D :D

The event met my definition of a good evening (event) which is:
You get to the end of it and there are still people left that you want to dance with but didn't get the chance

Well done Amir et al... :worthy: :worthy: and a very eeeenteresting class too!

stewart38
31st-October-2005, 12:24 AM
Well Jango T-Jive was brilliant!!!!! I have to say everyone was wonderful and so nice to meet so many lovely forumites :D :D :D

You get to the end of it and there are still people left that you want to dance with but didn't get the chance

Well Ashtons was S***. The music s**** compared to last week. How they can allow such a change of music at the same venue I dont know :mad::mad: :mad: I dont want 1950/60s music that got to 22 in the USA charts or NOW 4 tract 7 and NOW 2 tract 5. I NEVER known such a change at a venue

Was half the nos there to start and 1/10th the number there at the end compared to last week :mad: :mad:

ps thats my opinion :yeah:

Paul F
31st-October-2005, 02:18 AM

:yeah:
Yep, another great great t-jive :clap: Thankyou to all who organised and helped out with this. You make this dancer very happy :cheers:
I have to apologise though. I had to resfuse about 3 dances this afternoon. At just after 5 oclock my lack of sleep all weekend really hit me. I thought at one point I was going to keel over but I didnt :(
I had to sit down and just stop. So good watching such superb dancers going for it though :clap: Sorry to all those I had to say no too.

For balance, the positive and negative from my point of view.

+
Marc' set was, again, simply divine :worthy: Challenging on so many levels.

The standard of dancing was again 1st class. Its like a who's who of the dance world.
There were 2 people there that I spoke to who had not been before. I asked them what they thought of it. They mentioned they loved it but felt out of their depth. I found it interesting, after the recent discussions, that they did not find it unfriendly in the slightest. One of them actually used the word 'relaxed'. The last time i chatted to them, before i wimped out and sat down, I was left with the impression that they would make the t-jive a regular event purely to open up their dancing ability in different directions. A very nice thing to hear.

The usual t-jive goodies. Cakes, teas etc. Lovely :)

The excellent and considerate floorcraft of, pretty much, all of the dancers. Given the amount of people this deserves a big :worthy:

-
It felt as though it has got to the point where they simply cannot get any more people in. The dancefloor was getting a little crowded (see below).
I mentioned to Amir afterwards how good the turn out was. He mentioned that, if anything, it was a little down on last time but due to the even balance of men/women there were more people dancing at any one time. Interesting. A pretty full venue though - which I guess is good.

The one guy exception to the considerate floorcraft point above. Airsteps and drops were not simply stupid they were physical dangerous with that many people around. I believe somebody might have said something to him. IMO he needs to be asked to exercise consideration and, if he does it again, should be thrown out and banned. (I will be happy to do it :angry: )

Although VERY tired it was another Sunday to savour. :drool:

Minnie M
31st-October-2005, 09:23 AM
.... He mentioned that, if anything, it was a little down on last time but due to the even balance of men/women there were more people dancing at any one time. Interesting. A pretty full venue though - which I guess is good.......
Enjoyed yesterday, but for me, not as much as the last T-Dance and personally I thought there were quite a few more women than men. I only usually ask the men sitting out to dance, consequently I did not have that many dances :tears: although did have one of those 'special' dances with DavidB :drool: (that by itself made the afternoon worthwhile)

Did enjoy using the time not dancing to catch up with the social bit, chatting to the girlies :flower:

BTW didn't it feel strange going home in the dark :eek:

Cruella
31st-October-2005, 09:43 AM
Music was lush, well done Marc.:worthy: I think it was slightly too busy on the dancefloor, i'm sporting a lovely bruise from a ladies heel! Did seem to get bumped a few times, i did wonder if it was my fault :eek: but others confirmed the same thing was happening to them! Had amazing dances all afternoon. Had my first ever dance with Amir :clap: so worth the wait!! Paul F you are forgiven for turning me down as you really didn't look too good :sick: and i didn't want to be the one responsible for you keeling over! There were about 10 extra ladies over, so well done you men for keeping going and keeping us all happy.:flower: Toby i'm still thinking about how i can start that thread without photographic evidence!:whistle: :rofl:

Lory
31st-October-2005, 10:12 AM
Music was lush, well done Marc.:worthy:
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

I was in seventh heaven all afternoon!! If I could describe my perfect afternoons music, that would be it!!!:drool: :drool: :drool:

It's restored my faith, after experiencing what i'll politly describe as a few dodgy nights last week :sick: :clap: :cheers:

And, I didn't even 'think' about eating a chocolate cake all aftenoon:na: well at least till I was driving home ;)

Well done Marc :hug: :worthy:

Dizzy
31st-October-2005, 10:30 AM
Same as the rest of the opinions about yesterday but was in dance heaven :clap: :clap: :clap: :flower:

Marc- You are 'da man' :flower: :clap: :hug:

Had FAB dances with the 'who's who' of dancers all afternoon but as there were more women, also got to spend quality time gossiping. :hug:

Thanks to Cruella also for a great dance too. :flower:

Was disappointed that I did not get to dance with everyone I wanted to dance with and talking to some of the guys too, they felt that too but the dances I did get were worth it!! :clap: :flower:

Still making T-Jive a regular event!! :hug:

FirstMove
31st-October-2005, 01:52 PM
Having started this thread, I really ought to thank you all for your contributions. As I said I would above, I went to the T-Jive yesterday.:)

Not having done much Jango before, the class was a bit tricky. Talking to the rotating ladies, most of them hadn't done it much before either. Amir and Cat make it look easy... :confused:

In the assembled crowd, I had only previously identified Tessalicious and Under Par as Forumites, although I recognised lots of people from Weekenders and other trips to London. I plucked up the courage to mention the forum to a randomly chosen lady that happened to be Dizzy. Diz then proceeded to rattle off the Forum names of just about everyone in the room :clap: , which I promptly forgot. :blush:

I noticed the m/f imbalance too. Perhaps 2pm is to early to get out of bed on Sunday for some men, even with the clocks going back :whistle:.

As for the bumping - sorry :eek: :flower:

KatieR
31st-October-2005, 02:05 PM
Having started this thread, I really ought to thank you all for your contributions. As I said I would above, I went to the T-Jive yesterday.:)

Not having done much Jango before, the class was a bit tricky. Talking to the rotating ladies, most of them hadn't done it much before either. Amir and Cat make it look easy... :confused:
:

Amir and Cat certainly make it look amazing. Sorry I didn't meet you, no one pointed you out to me so I didn't know you were there, although I did do the lesson (well, most of it.. :whistle: ) So I probably danced with you and dont even know it! Happens like that sometimes.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!
:cheers:

senorita
31st-October-2005, 02:28 PM
Hammersmith may be good but, if you can get there, I would strongly consider JagJives venue at Gt Bookham, Leatherhead.
Only been to one of their nights before but it was really really good. Good dancers, good music and well run.

I have copied the note from uk-jive.

--------------

Non-smoking venue

-----------------

Thanks for this info Paul, will make a trip one day :flower: :hug:

Paul F
31st-October-2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks for this info Paul, will make a trip one day :flower: :hug:

Just to follow up what I said in the other thread, this night was simply superb. Well worth trying.

animaltalk
31st-October-2005, 02:49 PM
Just echoing everything that has been said.
T-jive at Hammersmith was absolutely brilliant. Fab music Mark. Wonderful ladies, first time in ages that I've been to a venue, danced non stop and not been able to dance with all the ladies I wanted to dance with.
Stacked floor, great floorcraft, very few bumps, and always a smile and apology - how very different from Hammersmith the night before

Also first time for ages that I didn't have a single dodgy dance, certainly due to fab followers who coped admirable with my slightly unpredicatable attempts at muscial interpretation.

Really nice to meet all the forumites, more this weekend than last weekend at the BFG.

I've been made to promise not to broadcast T-jive too much, but I will be back with some other Devonian leads.

Special thanks to Cruella for dragging me along.

Nick
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Cruella
31st-October-2005, 02:54 PM
I've been made to promise not to broadcast T-jive too much, but I will be back with some other Devonian leads.

Special thanks to Cruella for dragging me along.

Nick
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I didn't drag you, you came willingly! :hug:

Paul F
31st-October-2005, 02:56 PM
Really nice to meet all the forumites, more this weekend than last weekend at the BFG.

Im really dissapointed I didnt get to meet you and FirstMove (and indeed any other forumite i dont know) :sad:

I wasnt really with it yesterday but hopefully you will both be there again soon so I may get the chance to say hello :cheers:

Dizzy
31st-October-2005, 03:07 PM

And it was very nice to meet all the Devon forumites that came on sunday - Animaltalk (Nick), Thewurlizerrocks (Nick) and Ickle Chick'n (Lara) are all lovely. :clap: :hug:

Zebra Woman
31st-October-2005, 04:49 PM
Well that was a near perfect afternoon .

Low Points:

N.Circular closed, got lost , arrived too late for the class.

Very crowded floor, mostly no problems but I had 8 collisions with the same guy and his various partners! He was trying to do full on tango on a crowded floor. Full marks for trying , no marks for floorcraft. I was dancing for the first time ever with my toes out, so was extra nervous about being trodden on.

M/F imbalance still noticable but not as tough as last month.

The class overran by 15 minutes, it did look like a great class, but missing those freestyle minutes was agony for us. :sad:

High Points:
The mood created by the music :drool: WOW! It all just flowed, great stuff (the slow Havana, THANK YOU Marc :flower: ), and loads of new stuff too - nothing upset the flow, it was a fascinating musical journey. Not one pop song either, wall to wall obscure crap. :whistle:

Marc recived a massive round of applause at the end, very well deserved too IMO... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Devon Contingent :flower:, more please next time .

foxylady
31st-October-2005, 07:37 PM
mmmmmm :drool: a lovely afternoon, and some fab music....

A few more men would have made the afternoon perfect, but then I can never have enough men... :wink:

Some gorgeous dances, and it was really nice to dance with Thewulitzerrocks and to meet and dance with animaltalk.........

Trouble is I'm getting spoilt, and having to travel further afield to find the music and men that I enjoy dancing with.....

Kev F
31st-October-2005, 07:37 PM
Many thanks to Amir and Marc for making the t-jive a most pleasurable sunday afternoon.

Wish I'd been earlier and participated in Amirs class as the merging of jive & tango looked smooth and relaxed. Very good class and I borrowed the moves anyway.

The afternoons dancing was inspiring, chilled and friendly, as always, and the fantastic music allowed scope for all dancers to explore avenues beyond the usual ceroc drone. The down side being that I'm leaving other dance venues feeling disappointed by the lack of quality music. If we could put 25% of the t-jive into our other nights dancing, we would be happy! I don't think that's a lot to ask?

The social element was great and all the dances left me feeling fulfilled and grateful to all those generous ladies...but the afternoon dance always draws to a close far too quickly:sad: . The mood was perfect and the scene was perfectly complimented by the dimmed lighting for the latter part of the afternoon.(Lights down earlier please Amir)

I don't get the same calm, rewarding influence from any other venue and I don't know whether I dare say this but.....it felt almost romantic :eek::flower: It is a fantastic experience to find yourself lost in the music with all those special people. Thanks to lory for introducing me to this as I may never of ventured here without her direction. ( I hate it when she is always right:rolleyes: )

Very strange close to leave to a dark, drizzly night.

Oh....and I had a roast dinner waiting for me when I got home. What more could a man want.:D

David Bailey
31st-October-2005, 08:35 PM
And it was very nice to meet all the Devon forumites that came on sunday - Animaltalk (Nick), Thewurlizerrocks (Nick) and Ickle Chick'n (Lara) are all lovely. :clap: :hug:
"Thewurlizerrocks" - that's what he was trying to say on Friday! No wonder I couldn't hear properly, who could expect to understand someone introduced with "He's Thewurlizerrocks"...?

What's wrong with "Nick"? Nick's good...

fletch
1st-November-2005, 08:33 AM
Trouble is I'm getting spoilt, and having to travel further afield to find the music and men that I enjoy dancing with.....

Further afield............... try getting back to Stafford:eek: It was worth it :nice: what a FAB weekend. It was nice to meet so many of you all and get the chance for a dance:flower:

Cornish Pixie
1st-November-2005, 06:04 PM

Try six hours on the train, but oh it was worth it!Thanks to all you guys for some truly mind - blowing dances - tessaliscious, sparkles Divissima,zebra women, just wiggle, msfab, foxy lady,lily b, fink it was cruella guessing as never asked your name at the time!of course rachel and any others that i happened to foget, you know how dippy i am with names!

The music was sublime, i highly recommend going to this event slightly tired
as it seemed to create the closest a freestyle could get to the atmosphere in the blues room at southport. Never before have i got to such a dreamlike state in such a short amount of time!

Floorcraft was the tops, i think there would be little room on the floor with the number there was if no one was moving, let alone grooving around-emphasizing the high standard of dancing there!

This event was special and individual, something you need in amongst the "consistency" of ceroc.

Cruella
1st-November-2005, 07:56 PM
Try six hours on the train, but oh it was worth it!Thanks to all you guys for some truly mind - blowing dances - tessaliscious, sparkles Divissima,zebra women, just wiggle, msfab, foxy lady,lily b, fink it was cruella guessing as never asked your name at the time!of course rachel and any others that i happened to foget, you know how dippy i am with names!

Yes that was me, thank you for the dance.:flower: Always nice to see some fresh meat, oops i mean faces.:wink:

Minnie M
1st-November-2005, 08:13 PM
........- tessaliscious, sparkles Divissima,zebra women, just wiggle, msfab, foxy lady,lily b, fink it was cruella ........
:tears: I didn't meet you - or have a dance :tears: :tears:

Ickle Chick'n
2nd-November-2005, 01:03 AM
I was dancing for the first time ever with my toes out, so was extra nervous about being trodden on.

And what lovely toes they were too... no I don't have a foot fettish but spent much of the time I wasn't dancing (and some of the time I was) distracted by your lovely sparkly shoes!!!!

Can't say anymore than has already been said, I had an absolutely fab time, still on a high from the whole weekend, thanks to all the lovely guys for great dances, Amir and Cat for a good class (will never float like Cat but was truely insired!), to Dizzy and the lovely friendly girlies for chats and to SF for introducing me to it all, such a star!!! :worthy:

Still on a high now, looking forward to camber in the hopes of seeing all the London lovelies again!!!

Yay, thanks guys for a great time! :clap: