PDA

View Full Version : Whos going to Amirs t-dance?

Cornish Pixie
21st-October-2005, 12:01 PM
Hi guys, going on a bit of a dancing sabbatical next weekend and coming up to the london area for a bit of moving and grooving. I know quite a lot of the crowd on here are from that area so i thought id check now and get those dances booked!Also is there any forumites going to the freestyle in nottingham, 29th Oct?

SilverFox
21st-October-2005, 12:09 PM
From what I heard it's not very good. I don't think many people go to it any more. The standard of music and dancing's not much to write home about either. Probably best to go to the Chill Out Lounge at Ashtons.

I think I'll have a quiet afternoon at home.

JamesGeary
21st-October-2005, 12:47 PM
I am going to go on the 30th to try to lower the standard even more. Or the tone at least.

Paul F
21st-October-2005, 01:27 PM
Yep. I will be there.

Last time, Marc's set was awesome with some truly challenging tracks thrown in :worthy:
Am I right in thinking he is Dj'ing again?

Cant wait :clap:

Danielle
21st-October-2005, 01:40 PM
Me too!!! :D

Haven't been able to make it for a while - can't wait!!! :clap:

Cornish Pixie
21st-October-2005, 01:51 PM
Yep. I will be there.

Last time, Marc's set was awesome with some truly challenging tracks thrown in :worthy:
Am I right in thinking he is Dj'ing again?

Cant wait :clap:

Oh yes marc the man wil be working his magic

Danielle
21st-October-2005, 01:55 PM
Oh yes marc the man wil be working his magic

:clap: :clap: :clap: its going to be a good one - really enjoy Marc's sets!!!! :clap:

foxylady
21st-October-2005, 02:15 PM
I got all exited briefly, as I thought it was this weekend... :sad:
If you're not going to the BFG there's really nothing to do this weekend... :tears: (well nothing within sensible distance of london)

Need to dance !!

CJ
21st-October-2005, 02:23 PM
Need to dance !!

Drive up!!!!!!!!!! We'll get you somewhere to rest your head...

Go on... dare ya.... double dare ya.... with cherries on top.

Paul F
21st-October-2005, 02:45 PM
I got all exited briefly, as I thought it was this weekend... :sad:
If you're not going to the BFG there's really nothing to do this weekend... :tears: (well nothing within sensible distance of london)

Need to dance !!

There is the blues room at Ashtead Memorial Hall :flower: Im planning on getting there when it opens as it finishes at 11:30. Care to come along :blush: :wink:

latinlover
21st-October-2005, 02:49 PM
From what I heard it's not very good. I don't think many people go to it any more. The standard of music and dancing's not much to write home about either. Probably best to go to the Chill Out Lounge at Ashtons.

:yeah: :yeah:

quite agree
very disappointing
I'm cataloguing my stamp collection ,personally.......................

foxylady
21st-October-2005, 05:18 PM
Drive up!!!!!!!!!! We'll get you somewhere to rest your head...

Go on... dare ya.... double dare ya.... with cherries on top.

Oooohhh so tempting :drool:

There is the blues room at Ashtead Memorial Hall Im planning on getting there when it opens as it finishes at 11:30. Care to come along

Also extremely tempting :yum: :yum:

(I suspect that it would take me almost as long to get to Ashtead from N.London, as it would to drive to Glasgow !!! )

Paul F
21st-October-2005, 05:49 PM
(I suspect that it would take me almost as long to get to Ashtead from N.London, as it would to drive to Glasgow !!! )

I must admit I have no idea where Ashtead is yet :blush:

foxylady
21st-October-2005, 06:11 PM
I must admit I have no idea where Ashtead is yet :blush:

Looking on the Le Roc website - its about 5 miles from woking - so should be easy for you!! :hug:

Russell Saxby
21st-October-2005, 07:18 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Paul F
21st-October-2005, 11:36 PM
Looking on the Le Roc website - its about 5 miles from woking - so should be easy for you!! :hug:

Just had a look and I see its nearby. Well, I just have to go then dont I. I heard tonight that it is usually a good night and sells out. Sounds promising. :clap:

Zebra Woman
24th-October-2005, 03:56 PM
I will be at Amir's T dance along with Miss Conduct, Cruella and Senorita. Come on we need 4 guys now, maybe even 5.:devil:

Calling DavidY ! There is one space left in the car if you're quick....Although I must warn you - life will never be the same again after one of these road trips.

Looking forward to Marc's set.

And Divi's song ?...or Toby's song?

Paul F
24th-October-2005, 04:04 PM
I will be at Amir's T dance along with Miss Conduct, Cruella and Senorita. Come on we need 4 guys now, maybe even 5.:devil:

Calling DavidY ! There is one space left in the car if you're quick....Although I must warn you - life will never be the same again after one of these road trips.

Isnt the song tonight?

senorita
24th-October-2005, 04:10 PM

That is two spaces left. I have to be around for my airballon ride at 2pm if weather permits. If the worst happens I can always follow or team up with another.

So anyone out there..dont miss out on the fun of the ride with the ladies :yum: :D bring some earplugs as it can get quite dirty :D :devil: :rofl:

Zebra Woman
24th-October-2005, 04:30 PM
Isnt the song tonight?
Yes you're right Paul, I was getting ahead of myself.

The song is tonight!

:eek: :really: :waycool: :drool: :devil: :worthy: :clap: :tears: :sick: :grin: :D ???

I shall 'delete where applicable' when I get back...

Dizzy
24th-October-2005, 05:33 PM
I will be there too on Sunday!!! :clap: :clap:

Can't wait for Marc's DJ set. :drool:

Paul F
25th-October-2005, 10:16 AM
I dont know how many of you get Amirs mail announcements but I have to say

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

The one I got yesterday was superb. I am on many a mailing list and his are truly awesome. This isnt related to the events themselves but to the actual way the email is written.

It has relevant quotes, dancing tips, all the info for the events and its all dressed up with humour. Very nice mailshot.
I was going to post the whole mail but decided against it. It could have been the longest post in history :)

DavidY
28th-October-2005, 09:01 PM
Also is there any forumites going to the freestyle in nottingham, 29th Oct?I might be - I'm certainly going to Marc & Rachel's Cuban Blues workshop there earlier in the afternoon.

jivecat
28th-October-2005, 09:44 PM
I am going to the Nottingham freestyle.

animaltalk
29th-October-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm up from Devon for the weekend.
Looking forward to meeting more forumites and having more fab dances
:clap:
Will be at hammersmith Sat, And Amir's T-dance on Sun
Look forward to seeing you there

Nick (NTV)

Minnie M
29th-October-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm up from Devon for the weekend.
Looking forward to meeting more forumites and having more fab dances
Will be at hammersmith Sat, And Amir's T-dance on Sun
Look forward to seeing you there

Nick (NTV)

:yeah: the man from Manchester :yeah: look forward to a dance:worthy: (please)

ElaineB
30th-October-2005, 11:01 AM
:tears: Simon did his back in last Wednesday night and is still doing an impersonation of someone with a rod strapped to his back - so I am really sorry to say that we will not be coming up after all! :tears: :tears: :tears:

Next month hopefully!!

Hope you all have a good time! :flower:

Elaine

Minnie M
30th-October-2005, 11:46 AM
:tears: Simon did his back in last Wednesday night
Poor Simon :flower: give him a gentle hug :hug: from me and wish him better real soon - will miss you both though :sad: