PDA

View Full Version : London first weekend in December - what's on?

Little Monkey
21st-October-2005, 10:50 AM
So....

.......If a Little Monkey should happen to find herself in London the first weekend in December, where could she go dancing?? What should she do? Would there be any parties? Should she stay an extra day and go to Monday night Jango?

LM:flower:

Msfab
21st-October-2005, 11:20 AM
Well you have the Greenwich christmas party on the 3rd! Which is always a good evening! :worthy:
ANd if you can stay an extra day in london, I would stay for the Jango! But you might not want to go back!!! (But if you risk, well worth it!) :rofl:

Oh and I think big fat friday on the 2nd!

TiggsTours
21st-October-2005, 11:28 AM
Well you have the Greenwich christmas party on the 3rd! Which is always a good evening! :worthy:
ANd if you can stay an extra day in london, I would stay for the Jango! But you might not want to go back!!! (But if you risk, well worth it!) :rofl:

Oh and I think big fat friday on the 2nd!
Yup BFF on Friday.

Little Monkey
24th-October-2005, 01:36 PM
Righty-oh then.

Sounds like my plan will be to fly down on Friday afternoon, go to the BFF, then Greenwich party on Saturday, a day of rest (or music and christmas prezzie shopping?) on Sunday, then Jango on Monday. Then cry as I fly back to Scotland on Tuesday......:tears:

Right. Better get a ticket for the Greenwich party, then, unless Sheepy has other plans. Do I need to book a ticket for the BFF early, too? Oh, and need a flight ticket..... And some more money..... Anyone want to buy some pottery??? Great as christmas presents.......... :wink: :whistle:

Poor Sheepman. He doesn't know what he's letting himself in for! *Snigger*

LM:D

Feelingpink
24th-October-2005, 01:46 PM
So....

.......If a Little Monkey should happen to find herself in London the first weekend in December, where could she go dancing?? What should she do? Would there be any parties? Should she stay an extra day and go to Monday night Jango?

LM:flower:Jango on Monday, definitely, and Greenwich party on the Saturday ... and if you didn't want to dance on the Friday night, a few of us are going to see Russell S in his panto. It will be fab to see you - and sure if you want to amuse yourself during Saturday would love to go shopping/Tating/South Bank Centre - whatever takes your fancy.

Little Monkey
24th-October-2005, 01:50 PM
Jango on Monday, definitely, and Greenwich party on the Saturday ... and if you didn't want to dance on the Friday night, a few of us are going to see Russell S in his panto. It will be fab to see you - and sure if you want to amuse yourself during Saturday would love to go shopping/Tating/South Bank Centre - whatever takes your fancy.

Woo-hoooo! Can't wait!!!:clap:

Haven't been to London for far too long, and it'll be great to see you guys again! Shopping is a must - shall have to do some of my Christmas shopping while I'm down there. Also have to go to a few galleries / museums.... Maybe I should even bring a portfolio and sweet-talk some gallery owners...?:whistle:

KatieR
24th-October-2005, 01:52 PM
Woo-hoooo! Can't wait!!!:clap:

Haven't been to London for far too long, and it'll be great to see you guys again! Shopping is a must - shall have to do some of my Christmas shopping while I'm down there. Also have to go to a few galleries / museums.... Maybe I should even bring a portfolio and sweet-talk some gallery owners...?:whistle:

I will make sure that I come and say hello!

Little Monkey
24th-October-2005, 01:55 PM
I will make sure that I come and say hello!

Please do! I'll be the one hanging around with Sheepman / alone in a corner, looking all shy and lost....:whistle:

KatieR
24th-October-2005, 02:00 PM
Please do! I'll be the one hanging around with Sheepman / alone in a corner, looking all shy and lost....:whistle:

No you wont! You will be too busy dancing with all the greats!

Little Monkey
24th-October-2005, 02:40 PM
No you wont! You will be too busy dancing with all the greats!

Have someone told you about me??:D :whistle: :rofl:

KatieR
24th-October-2005, 02:42 PM
Have someone told you about me??:D :whistle: :rofl:

:whistle:

Little Monkey
24th-October-2005, 08:19 PM
:whistle:

Oi! Who was it? Rythm King?? Sheepy?? Feelingpink?? Purple Sparkler?? Dizzy?? Who????

Don't listen to a thing that R-K says...... Don't trust him...... He knows nothing about Little Monkeys....

Dizzy
24th-October-2005, 08:55 PM
:clap: :clap:

Yay!! You are coming to Jango!!!

Will have to try and get to Greenwich for the party too. :clap:

Russell Saxby
25th-October-2005, 09:35 AM
Jango on Monday, definitely, and Greenwich party on the Saturday ... and if you didn't want to dance on the Friday night, a few of us are going to see Russell S in his panto. It will be fab to see you - and sure if you want to amuse yourself during Saturday would love to go shopping/Tating/South Bank Centre - whatever takes your fancy.

Hi Rebecca

Think you are getting you dates mixed up :whistle:

Greenwich Party night is 3rd :clap:

Panto is 7th to 10th http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6598
:clap: :clap:

How many tickets am I booking up for you?? (Katie R is coming on the Friday)

Russell :flower:

Will
25th-October-2005, 09:49 AM
Kate will be teaching a Ladies Style Workshop at Expression Studios in Kentish Town on Saturday 3rd of December from 1pm 'till 5pm. :flower:

If anyone wants details then PM me or go to http://www.fusiondance.freeservers.com/contact.html
(Please note that the date on the website is wrong and will be updated later today).

Little Monkey
25th-October-2005, 09:53 AM
Aaaaaaah, the choices!!

Now I've got almost too many things to choose from - if that's possible when it comes to dancing.... Actually yes it is, because I want to be at two different parties at the same time on Saturday!:( I might have to disappoint a few of you.:tears:

Will keep you updated. Oh, but the ladies' style class sounds good. God knows I could do with a bit more style.....:rolleyes:

dee
25th-October-2005, 10:10 AM
:clap: I will be going to Greenwhich xmas party with Wittybird, will look forward to seeing you there :clap: :flower:

KatieR
25th-October-2005, 10:37 AM
Oi! Who was it? Rythm King?? Sheepy?? Feelingpink?? Purple Sparkler?? Dizzy?? Who????

Don't listen to a thing that R-K says...... Don't trust him...... He knows nothing about Little Monkeys....

Now that would be telling?? :whistle:

Sheepman
25th-October-2005, 12:28 PM
Poor Sheepman. He doesn't know what he's letting himself in for! *Snigger* :what:

The Saturday night dilemma, Greenwich clashing with my 2nd favourite (t-jive comes first) monthly dance, with it's swing and blues room, and much easier to get to than Greenwich, limited entry so plenty of space, and partying till the small hours afterwards. (Well tea, cakes, gossip & dance demos anyway.)

:confused:

Greg

Paul F
25th-October-2005, 01:26 PM
:what:

The Saturday night dilemma, Greenwich clashing with my 2nd favourite (t-jive comes first) monthly dance, with it's swing and blues room, and much easier to get to than Greenwich, limited entry so plenty of space, and partying till the small hours afterwards. (Well tea, cakes, gossip & dance demos anyway.)

Greg

I think I have missed something. Which events is the clash between? Greenwich and ?

Russell Saxby
25th-October-2005, 04:31 PM
Will have to try and get to Greenwich for the party too. :clap:

How about something lacy? That will guarantee you a ticket :wink:

An expectant Russell :flower:

Little Monkey
25th-October-2005, 04:33 PM
:what:

Greg

Well, you just make your wooly mind up, and I shall tag along to whatever party you choose to go to! As long as there's some decent men to dance with, and a bit of blues, then I'm a Happy Little Monkey!:flower:

Dizzy
25th-October-2005, 04:37 PM
How about something lacy? That will guarantee you a ticket :wink:

An expectant Russell :flower:

I'll see what I can do!! :wink:

A cheque will have to do for now though!! :flower:

Sheepman
25th-October-2005, 05:21 PM
I think I have missed something. Which events is the clash between? Greenwich and ? It's at Great Bookham, JagJive.

Greg

Paul F
25th-October-2005, 09:09 PM
It's at Great Bookham, JagJive.

Greg

I think the event I was thinking of this saturday was by JagJive. It was advertised last Saturday at Ashtead. Looking forward to it!

Sheepman
26th-October-2005, 12:11 PM
I think the event I was thinking of this saturday was by JagJive. Yes, it's on this Saturday too, but I'm at Rock Bottoms :clap: I've no idea who else will be there, but I know it will be fab. (It'd better be, missing Gt Bookham and a t-jive :tears: )

Greg

Little Monkey
26th-October-2005, 02:21 PM
Sorry to disappoint a few of you, but....

..... I'm not going to the Greenwich party :( . I'll be at Bookham instead, hunting down the good dancers in the blues/ swing room!:clap:

Think I'm going to the BFF, though, and definitely going to Jango the following Monday! Hope to see loads of forumites there!

Paul F
26th-October-2005, 02:40 PM
Sorry to disappoint a few of you, but....

..... I'm not going to the Greenwich party :( . I'll be at Bookham instead, hunting down the good dancers in the blues/ swing room!:clap:

Think I'm going to the BFF, though, and definitely going to Jango the following Monday! Hope to see loads of forumites there!

Im going to wait until after Saturday to decide :blush:
Greenwich was really good but so was last Saturday. If this Saturday is as good as the last it will be a difficult choice but the two rooms might 'swing' it for me.

ps. feel free to rep me for my ingenious usage of the word 'swing' :rolleyes: :grin:

Minnie M
26th-October-2005, 02:45 PM
Friday night at Surbiton :clap:

West Coast Swing Godfather & his lady will be teaching

from an email from Robert himself:-

Fri 2nd Dec Friday West Coast Swing Class – Special Guests

Robert Cordoba & Deborah Szekely

Assembly Rooms, Surbiton. 8-11pm

Not to be missed :yeah:

Paul F
26th-October-2005, 02:55 PM
Not to be missed :yeah:

Im looking forward to this. Needless to say, when I heard about their workshop, my name went down. Got a feeling that will sell out fast.
Sounds like a brilliant workshop :clap:

under par
26th-October-2005, 04:32 PM
. If this Saturday is as good as the last it will be a difficult choice but the two rooms might 'swing' it for me.

ps. feel free to rep me for my ingenious usage of the word 'swing' :rolleyes: :grin:

Yet another REP tart:whistle: :angry:

Little Monkey
26th-October-2005, 05:26 PM
Im going to wait until after Saturday to decide :blush:
Greenwich was really good but so was last Saturday. If this Saturday is as good as the last it will be a difficult choice but the two rooms might 'swing' it for me.

But Greenwich won't have a Little Monkey visiting from Scotland, so Bookham is going to be the best! :whistle:

You may rep me just 'cus I'm going to grace you with my presence in London...:rofl: But positive rep only, please, or I'll stand on your toes on purpose!

Russell Saxby
26th-October-2005, 05:33 PM
But Greenwich won't have a Little Monkey visiting from Scotland, so Bookham is going to be the best! :whistle:

Did you hear that folks, no Little Monkey :clap: :clap: it is now safe to come to Greenwich :D

Russell
:flower: :flower:

Little Monkey
26th-October-2005, 05:39 PM
Did you hear that folks, no Little Monkey :clap: :clap: it is now safe to come to Greenwich :D

Russell
:flower: :flower:

Waaaaaaaaaaaah! :tears: :tears: :tears:

You cruel person....:(

You shouldn't feel too safe, though, as I'm going to different venues every night, and you never know where you might bump into me...:devil:

A Hurt Little Monkey

Russell Saxby
26th-October-2005, 05:44 PM
and you never know where you might bump into me...:devil:

your behind :drool:

Little Monkey
26th-October-2005, 07:02 PM
your behind :drool:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Little Monkey
31st-October-2005, 05:56 PM
Pssssssssst!

Just a warning: Now that JoC has heard of my evil plan of infiltrating the London MJ and WCS scene, she might tag along to join in the fun..... Or is it just to make sure I behave myself???? :whistle:

Rhythm King
31st-October-2005, 07:13 PM
Pssssssssst!

Just a warning: Now that JoC has heard of my evil plan of infiltrating the London MJ and WCS scene, she might tag along to join in the fun..... Or is it just to make sure I behave myself???? :whistle:
Yay:clap:

Little Monkey
22nd-November-2005, 03:33 PM
Right, so who's going to the BFF, Bookham and Jango (2nd, 3rd and 5th dec) then??? Bookings for spaces on my dancecard are now being taken, form an orderly queue, please. And put away that barbeque, RK!!!

Russell Saxby
22nd-November-2005, 03:50 PM
Right, so who's going to the BFF, Bookham and Jango (2nd, 3rd and 5th dec) then??? Bookings for spaces on my dancecard are now being taken, form an orderly queue, please. And put away that barbeque, RK!!!

Nope, nope and nope.. but I am sure you will have fun regardless :flower:

Little Monkey
22nd-November-2005, 03:56 PM
Oh well..... Have fun at Greenwich, though! Which will, as you said (:angry: ) be a lot safer without me...... :tears:

TiggsTours
22nd-November-2005, 04:22 PM
Poo, poo, poo!

What with having my eyes sliced open, desperately searching for a new job, and organising a skiing holiday for 17 people, I'd completely forgotten about Greenwich! Does anyone know if there're any tickets left? or will I have to make do with Watford Freestyle (or more to the point, is anything else happening!?)

Russell Saxby
22nd-November-2005, 04:25 PM
Poo, poo, poo!

What with having my eyes sliced open, desperately searching for a new job, and organising a skiing holiday for 17 people, I'd completely forgotten about Greenwich! Does anyone know if there're any tickets left? or will I have to make do with Watford Freestyle (or more to the point, is anything else happening!?)

Yep there are - details on website if you want to order..

www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk

Russell Saxby
22nd-November-2005, 04:28 PM
Poo, poo, poo!

p.s. and how the the eyes... all good I hope???

TiggsTours
22nd-November-2005, 04:33 PM
p.s. and how the the eyes... all good I hope???
All great! Thanks Russell, I shall order myself a ticket! :kiss:

Rhythm King
22nd-November-2005, 04:35 PM

Barbecue - moi? :devil: Unfortunately due to work, it is now less likely I'll make the BFF and definitely won't be at Jango on the 5th :tears: . I will be at the Robert Cordoba WCS workshop on the Saturday and hopefully the Bisley WCS tea dance on the Sunday.

R-K :flower: :bbq smiley:

Little Monkey
22nd-November-2005, 05:48 PM
Barbecue - moi? :devil: Unfortunately due to work, it is now less likely I'll make the BFF and definitely won't be at Jango on the 5th :tears: . I will be at the Robert Cordoba WCS workshop on the Saturday and hopefully the Bisley WCS tea dance on the Sunday.

R-K :flower: :bbq smiley:

Well, I shall see you at the wcs workshops, then! My poor brain is going to be soooooo fried after that, haven't done an awful lot of wcs......... Did get some practice over the weekend though, but not sure if I'm now feeling more confident or just realise how much I've still to learn! :sick:

Think the plan is to have a break on Sunday, maybe even catch up on some sleep....... But if someone twisted my arm badly (or threatened to bbq me?) I could perhaps be tempted to go to the tea dance......... But might just be knackered by then.

Cruella
22nd-November-2005, 06:04 PM
Greenwich for me sorry.:flower:

Rhythm King
22nd-November-2005, 06:19 PM
Well, I shall see you at the wcs workshops, then!

:clap:

Think the plan is to have a break on Sunday, maybe even catch up on some sleep....... But if someone twisted my arm badly (or threatened to bbq me?) I could perhaps be tempted to go to the tea dance......... But might just be knackered by then.
I'll fire up the charcoal then :devil: :whistle:

Will
23rd-November-2005, 03:09 AM
Kate will be teaching a Ladies Style Workshop at Expression Studios in Kentish Town on Saturday 3rd of December from 1pm 'till 5pm. :flower:

If anyone wants details then PM me or go to http://www.fusiondance.freeservers.com/contact.html
(Please note that the date on the website is wrong and will be updated later today).
More in-depth details of this can now be found at the bottom of this page. (http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/org-details.asp?OrgID=156)

(Please note that this is a "Ladies" Style Workshop, which means that ONLY LADIES need sign-up for this - so "Audrey" McGregor can bog off and stop texting me :angry: )

(We can always make it a smoking event if we need to !!! :mad: )

Minnie M
23rd-November-2005, 08:45 AM
Right, so who's going to the BFF.........
Friday has gotta be Surbiton first (WCS World Champs Robert & Deborah teaching) THEN as it finishes at 11..... off to the BFF which finishes at 1am :worthy: :clap: :yeah: :clap:

PS: Don't forget Robert & Deborah will be at Woking on Monday the 5th !!! (there will be a dedicated room for WCS as well)

LMC
23rd-November-2005, 10:58 AM
I shall be somewhere over the Atlantic

Ladies Style workshop stuff
:tears: I don't believe my boss

He's sending me off to the US office, which is all very nice and all, but I'm missing
1. Funky Lush
2. T-jive
3. Greenwich

and now this :tears:

Talk about appalling timing :tears:

*comforts self with excessive expenditure on perfume in duty free shop*

Little Monkey
23rd-November-2005, 11:03 AM
Friday has gotta be Surbiton first (WCS World Champs Robert & Deborah teaching) THEN as it finishes at 11..... off to the BFF which finishes at 1am :worthy: :clap: :yeah: :clap:

PS: Don't forget Robert & Deborah will be at Woking on Monday the 5th !!! (there will be a dedicated room for WCS as well)

Hmmm, I think we're planning on giving Surbiton a miss, as we're doing the Cordoba WCS classes the next day anyway.... But it'll be good to see you at the BFF later!

And on Monday I'll be at jango....

Just too much to do and not enough time to do it all!!! :tears:

azande
23rd-November-2005, 11:12 AM
I shall be somewhere over the Atlantic

He's sending me off to the US office, which is all very nice and all, but I'm missing
1. Funky Lush
2. T-jive
3. Greenwich

and now this :tears:

Talk about appalling timing :tears:

*comforts self with excessive expenditure on perfume in duty free shop*
Bl**dy hell, what an inconsiderate boss!
It's terrible when work gets in the way of dancing, isn't it?

LMC
23rd-November-2005, 11:24 AM
Bl**dy hell, what an inconsiderate boss!
It's terrible when work gets in the way of dancing, isn't it?
The really scary thing is that I would have ripped his arm off for this trip only six months ago - but now I don't want to go on an most-expenses paid trip to the US (which even includes a couple of days shopping leave) because it interferes with my dancing :rofl:

Guess that makes me officially an addict

azande
23rd-November-2005, 11:27 AM
You could always cut the days of shopping leave to be back early...

Mary
23rd-November-2005, 11:38 AM
Sat. 3rd Dec. Greenwich v Jag Jive. That one's a real a toughy. It's just not fair.:tears:

M

Paul F
23rd-November-2005, 11:46 AM

Pinch me !! :o

No really :)

Paul F
23rd-November-2005, 11:49 AM
Sat. 3rd Dec. Greenwich v Jag Jive. That one's a real a toughy. It's just not fair.:tears:

M

This really is a tough one. Greenwich was really good last time and Jag Jive was also a great night.

The only downside to Greenwich was the heat but something tells me that wont be an issue this time with the arctic conditions outside ;)
JagJive does have the 2 rooms though for the choice and its closer to me so I think I will probably be swayed by that. Took me hours to get to greenwich last time :rolleyes:

2 great events on the same night. Should be outlawed :)

Msfab
23rd-November-2005, 11:58 AM
This really is a tough one. Greenwich was really good last time and Jag Jive was also a great night.

The only downside to Greenwich was the heat but something tells me that wont be an issue this time with the arctic conditions outside ;)
JagJive does have the 2 rooms though for the choice and its closer to me so I think I will probably be swayed by that. Took me hours to get to greenwich last time :rolleyes:

2 great events on the same night. Should be outlawed :)

Well it has to be greenwich me! The only thing I need to get sorted is a direct, preferably empty road from my house to greenwich :rolleyes: . Maybe one day Russell and the greenwich team can sort that out for us all!

mooncalf
23rd-November-2005, 12:31 PM
Well it has to be greenwich me! The only thing I need to get sorted is a direct, preferably empty road from my house to greenwich :rolleyes: . Maybe one day Russell and the greenwich team can sort that out for us all!

I seem to remember that someone has a helicopter, maybe you could borrow that.

Mary
23rd-November-2005, 12:40 PM

I think his name's Paul, or was it Phil? You could offer to pay for petrol.:D

M

Msfab
23rd-November-2005, 12:47 PM

I must look into getting a ride in that Helicopter!!!

I think his name's Paul, or was it Phil? You could offer to pay for petrol.:D

No Mary, I was thinking of someone else (a certain someone had a dream that this person had a helicopter!:rolleyes: )

spindr
23rd-November-2005, 01:45 PM

1. Funky Lush
2. T-jive
3. Greenwich

It's ok lads it safe to go now :)

SpinDr

P.S. They do dance in the US -- you might get some recommendations if you post your destination :)

Cruella
23rd-November-2005, 02:02 PM

M
Well men the lovely Lisa (from Aberdeen) is coming to Greenwich, thats a good reason to choose that venue surely? For the girls JiveP is coming too.:wink:

stewart38
24th-November-2005, 12:45 PM
Ok far too much to read so if ive missed it sorry

Has Greenwich sold out ?

Little Monkey
24th-November-2005, 12:57 PM
JagJive does have the 2 rooms though for the choice and its closer to me so I think I will probably be swayed by that.

I shall be in the blues/swing room.......... Wanna dance? :flower: