PDA

View Full Version : The Big Dance Party - Sat. 15th March

Lindsay
21st-January-2003, 12:29 PM
Tickets now on sale & selling fast. . .

TheTramp
22nd-January-2003, 02:02 PM
Yeah, yeah. Rub it in why don'cha.

Have you considered moving your events a little further south. Like London. Cos then I could come!

I bet it's going to be another brilliant night :tears:

Steve

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
22nd-January-2003, 08:06 PM
If Saturday night is anything to go by, this sounds absolutely excellent! Count me in, I assume we apply via website as normal?? Bad luck tramp, looks like you'll miss out again.

:na:

Carla
23rd-January-2003, 03:56 PM
Now a big fan of these events - I am going to this!!!!!!

:grin:

Lindsay
24th-January-2003, 04:52 PM
Yes- advance tickets only (see site)

24th-January-2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks, I look forward to it. Never miss a chance to strutt my stuff, I think I am becoming a bit obsessed. . .
HELP
:sick:

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
27th-January-2003, 12:54 PM
Will I get the chance to partner some of you blokes from last Sat? Hope I do, to have so many great leads under one roof was heavenly!
:nice:
Who's the tramp? Have we met?:sorry

TheTramp
27th-January-2003, 04:17 PM
Ummm. Quite possibly. I was there last Saturday.

I was the bald, fat, ugly one who couldn't dance. At one point of the evening, if you arrived fairly early, you couldn't really miss me!!

Steve

28th-January-2003, 12:40 AM
Ah, so that's you... were you one of the chaps 'revealing all' at one point?

TheTramp
28th-January-2003, 12:44 AM
Ummm. Nope. I meant 'last' Saturday - at Marco's.

Were you there??

Steve

28th-January-2003, 06:07 PM
Nope, unfortunately. I had a christening party, celebrating my new neice, Foxella. She's not dancing yet, but I'm working on it.

PeterL
28th-January-2003, 06:14 PM
For some reason I thought this was on the 14th Feb and thought I couldn't go.
I wll definitely be there, if it is half as good as the party held by Boogienights the other week it is an event not to miss.

These events are great for cerocers because you get to see other dance styles and it is a lot of fun and a test of your lead to see if you can dance ceroc with somebody whose normal dance is Lindy/Swing etc.

One of the benefits of ceroc for a guy is that as long as you are a good lead you can dance with anyone.

28th-January-2003, 11:08 PM
V. true, Peter, it's the true challenge of a good dancer if you can get through the whole record successfully, with a partner who doesn't dance your particular style! And if she is still smiling at the end, then you've truly lead well!

Lindsay
29th-January-2003, 01:48 PM
Going by ticket sales to date, there probably won't be any 'at the door' tickets, so book early if you wanna come! It's a night of swing, jive, pop, rock'n'roll, chart, salsa, blues... everything really!

Details and ticket application at www.boogienights.net

Carla
30th-January-2003, 12:09 PM
I am coming down- don't know how to get to Portabello so might be a bit late! Looks like a nice venue.

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
5th-February-2003, 11:39 AM
Any tickets left for this? This is my week for booking up on everything for the next month or two!!!
:grin:

Lindsay
5th-February-2003, 05:39 PM
Yes- tickets still left for this event... but probably only for another few weeks....

5th-February-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Carla
I am coming down- don't know how to get to Portabello so might be a bit late! Looks like a nice venue.

Portobello (NB spelling) is just outside Edinburgh. You should visit www.multimap.com for directions

Carla
6th-February-2003, 01:37 PM
Thanks for link... but I have a lift now (with a boy) so we'll be fine. You know what women & directions can be like!

7th-February-2003, 10:28 PM
No comment... dangerous ground methinks!

24th-February-2003, 08:05 PM
Lindsey- we are hoping to come through to Portobello for both this party and the one at the Merlin on Sunday 16th. Any dance workshops happening ni Edinburgh (any style) on Sunday 16th (else I'll be dragged to the shops!)?
:what:

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
26th-February-2003, 02:34 PM
Have ticket and hope to go to Sunday too, should be a fun weekend!

Hope to see all you guys soon,

Siobhan
x

4th-March-2003, 10:58 PM
Thanks for PM- looks like it's 3 nights dancing in a row again and the shops during the day :( :D !!

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
13th-March-2003, 11:24 AM
The weekend approacheth, need sleep before I begin though.

Oooooo- Looking forward to a good boogie!

Lindsay
13th-March-2003, 04:54 PM
Just to say YES you can pay at the door for this one... nearly 160 tickets sold, should be a great bash!

This Sat (15th) Portobello Town Hall, 8pm-1am

Dance Demon
13th-March-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Lindsay
Just to say YES you can pay at the door for this one... nearly 160 tickets sold,

Good on ya dude!1 :D Hope it all goes well. sorry I'm gonna miss this one, but off to a rockabilly club in Preston:waycool: Portobello Town Hall is a great venue, and if I remember correctly a good dance floor, so y'all should have a great night.:cheers:

Lindsay
13th-March-2003, 05:39 PM
Cheers DD - You have a good yin down in Preston, rockabilly boy... Hope to see ya this Sunday night at The Merlin if you're back in time.

Looking forward to next week's ROUTE 66!