PDA

View Full Version : Attractive Attire

Cruella
18th-October-2005, 07:06 PM
OK, so lately i've been trying to get in touch with my feminine side and have started trying to wear dresses/skirts and heels more. I have made the observation that i seem to get asked to dance a lot more than when i wear trousers! This is a tricky situation as i am far more relaxed dancing in trousers therefore think i dance better.
So my question is what sort of clothing do you find most attractive on the opposite sex? To spice it up you can also put your prefered type/colour of underwear.
I love a man in a crisp white shirt.:drool:
As for the undies, it's gotta be white, tight Calvin Kleins.

philsmove
18th-October-2005, 07:16 PM
A red, full, “rock and roll style ” skirt, does it for me

David Franklin
18th-October-2005, 07:39 PM
Advert removed by Tiggerbabe - reason - Reported post, advertising

Gosh. What a fantastic suggestion. I especially liked the way it was in keeping with the thread and didn't look at all like someone trying to promote their venue.

Sounds absolutely Spamtastic!

El Salsero Gringo
18th-October-2005, 07:55 PM
Too bloody right, what an arse-wipe. I'd suggest another negative rep competition but that would just give extra publicity. How about a venue boycott? I don't have a problem with not going to Oxford, just for one night.

LMC
18th-October-2005, 08:00 PM
But I missed the mouse-over comment for the minus numbers last time, so pleeeeeeeeeeease can we, please please please please pretty please with sugar on top?

Most disappointed to see you're still only a glorious beacon of light ESG, I would have thought you would at least have been beatified by now, even if you haven't attained god status.

Oh yeah, attire... I agree Cruella, on the rare occasions that I wear a skirt I seem to get asked to dance more often. I actually find skirts just as comfortable to dance in as trousers (and sometimes much cooler, especially 'fan' effect when spinning :D ) but they a) mean I have to shave my legs and b) warn people to wear sunglasses or get dazzled by my, er, pale and intersting skin...

For men - any trousers as long as they are long enough - too-short trousers are just awful. I'm with Cruella on the crisp white shirts too :drool:. I'll have notice on the underwear question... :innocent:

El Salsero Gringo
18th-October-2005, 08:05 PM
Most disappointed to see you're still only a glorious beacon of light ESG, I would have thought you would at least have been beatified by now, even if you haven't attained god status.You mean as in The Venerable El Salsero Gringo? I think you have to be dead first, which I haven't yet achieved.
Oh yeah, attire... I agree Cruella, on the rare occasions that I wear a skirt I seem to get asked to dance more often. I actually find skirts just as comfortable to dance in as trousers (and sometimes much cooler, especially 'fan' effect when spinning :D ) but they a) mean I have to shave my legs and b) warn people to wear sunglasses or get dazzled by my, er, pale and intersting skin...

For men - any trousers as long as they are long enough - too-short trousers are just awful. I'm with Cruella on the crisp white shirts too :drool:. I'll have notice on the underwear question... :innocent:If a girl's wearing a dress or a skirt, I find the view is better from the sidelines, but if I'm dancing with her I'm more likely to be thinking about the dance than what she's wearing.

As for the men: who wears underwear, anyway?

LilyB
18th-October-2005, 08:10 PM
..... As for the men: who wears underwear, anyway?
Not that I don't take your word for it, but may I check next time we dance?:devil::devil: :devil:

LMC
18th-October-2005, 08:11 PM
You mean as in The Venerable El Salsero Gringo? I think you have to be dead first, which I haven't yet achieved.
Not necessarily - http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/ncd01075.htm - do you practise virtue to an heroic degree?

The disadvantage with skirts is that commando isn't an option :sad: . Well, it is, but then I would never get asked to dance because too many guys would want to be watching. Or running away screaming, depending on their preferences.

Surprise surprise, this has been discussed before (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48)...

El Salsero Gringo
18th-October-2005, 08:15 PM
Not necessarily - http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/ncd01075.htm - do you practise virtue to an heroic degree?No, I'm afraid heroic death as martyr is the only category under which I could qualify. Step up if you think you're hard enough.
The disadvantage with skirts is that commando isn't an option :sad: . Well, it is, but then I would never get asked to dance because too many guys would want to be watching. Or running away screaming, depending on their preferences.

Surprise surprise, this has been discussed before (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48)...That's OK, I could talk about underwear until the cows come home.

LMC
18th-October-2005, 08:32 PM
No, I'm afraid heroic death as martyr is the only category under which I could qualify. Step up if you think you're hard enough.
[ DJ mode ] No, I'm a wuss. [ /mode ]

That's OK, I could talk about underwear until the cows come home.
Moo.

Nah, carry on - it was only a token gesture to prove I'd bothered checking :rolleyes:

LilyB - you're braver than I am :worthy:

ChrisA
18th-October-2005, 08:34 PM
As for the men: who wears underwear, anyway?The ones that don't like having to wash their trousers every day?

Whitebeard
18th-October-2005, 08:38 PM
A red, full, “rock and roll style ” skirt, does it for me
Used to (maybe still do) call them "dirndl" (sp. spot on in case you wondered) skirts. Very full with a waspy tight waist and underpinned with fancy petticoats.

Ah, hah, were those really the days ?

Katie
18th-October-2005, 09:50 PM
OK, so lately i've been trying to get in touch with my feminine side and have started trying to wear dresses/skirts and heels more. I have made the observation that i seem to get asked to dance a lot more than when i wear trousers! This is a tricky situation as i am far more relaxed dancing in trousers therefore think i dance better.
I am far more relaxed dancing in trousers too. Occasionally I dance in flat shoes for comfort esp if i'm tired or if i'm dancing WCS for a long period of time but generally I prefer dancing in heels, as it makes my footwork neater and I feel more 'feminine'.

I recently have had to wear formal attire and it has feminised me in that I have to wear heels with skirt or trousers nearly every day, it felt odd at first, especially as I couldn't walk as fast :blush: :rolleyes:, and I felt like I was going to skid on the shiny floor in the entrance of tube stations, so had to adapt dainty steps....:blush: Also having to dodge the holes in the pavements after nearly braking my heel all in a first weeks work, so now i'm wearing different shoes to travel in...
It's hard work being a lady....:rolleyes: :wink: Sorry to go off thread a little :blush:

So my question is what sort of clothing do you find most attractive on the opposite sex?
In answer to your question, I love a man in a suit...:drool:
Has anyone noticed that the shapes of mens shirts have slimmed in that they nip in at the waist and generally a lot tighter. When I went into the high street store Reiss, all the male staff were wearing this new style, but I couldn't help thinking they were gay :confused: but my straight male friend assured me they weren't ( :confused: ) and that it is just the new fashion.

foxylady
18th-October-2005, 10:17 PM
So my question is what sort of clothing do you find most attractive on the opposite sex?

Cruella, you look great in a skirt/dress !!
My only problem with skirts is that if not full enough they limit ones potential for truly satisfying DFS... I quite often have to end up hitching them up and tucking them in my knickers !

Re men :drool: ... I just love a man in a tight t-shirt, and trousers that outline a well proportioned bottom ! Only on the dance floor you understand :wink:

Foxy

Lynn
18th-October-2005, 10:47 PM
I love a man in a crisp white shirt.:drool: :yeah:
Some men also look good in black, but a nice white shirt, maybe with sleeves rolled up a little....mmmm....:drool:

spindr
19th-October-2005, 12:01 AM
Hmmm, have you ever considered being a fairy goth mother (http://www.fairygothmother.com) -- looks like they even do hats? I reckon you could carry them off :whistle:
SpinDr.

P.S. foxylady -- do you think they'd limit your DFS?

spindr
19th-October-2005, 12:16 AM
Hint: VPL?

MartinHarper
19th-October-2005, 12:48 AM

Hint: VPL?
Visible Penis Line?

jivecat
19th-October-2005, 12:58 AM
I am far more relaxed dancing in trousers too. Occasionally I dance in flat shoes for comfort esp if i'm tired or if i'm dancing WCS for a long period of time but generally I prefer dancing in heels, as it makes my footwork neater and I feel more 'feminine'.

:yeah: I feel more comfortable in trousers too, largely because I can wear flatter shoes. This makes me feel balanced and grounded and free to improvise and use more interesting footwork. I do like the look and feel of swirly skirts (I bought THREE this afternoon, what was I thinking of?) but have a lot of difficulty with high heels. I agree it helps to make footwork neater but I'm always conscious of feeling more unstable, especially on a slippery floor which is a bit inhibiting to say the least. I can't help feeling that it would spoil the feminine effect if I went a*se over t*t. And they bl**dy well hurt. How do those ladies that wear 3 inch heels all the time cope?

I like men to wear a nice, closely fitting T-shirt (could be any colour but black's nice) with some slightly designery looking jeans or combat type trousers. But not tucked in. Or a non-baggy shirt, freshly washed and pressed. I don't care about underwear 'cos I'm not likely to get that close anyway. So you can get an extra bit of wear out of your baggy, greying M&S yfronts with the dodgy elastic, chaps.

I'd rather like to have one of those red dirndl skirts just to see if they have the desired effect.

Cruella
19th-October-2005, 07:50 AM
Visible Penis Line?
:rofl: :rofl:
I know of a guy at dance who has this! :blush:

Cruella
19th-October-2005, 07:54 AM
Hmmm, have you ever considered being a fairy goth mother (http://www.fairygothmother.com) -- looks like they even do hats? I reckon you could carry them off :whistle:
SpinDr.

P.S. foxylady -- do you think they'd limit your DFS?

Ooh, i actually like this site, think i may be maxing out on my credit card! So look out for the new vamp look guys!

latinlover
19th-October-2005, 08:12 AM
fairy goth mother (http://www.fairygothmother.com) -- :whistle:
SpinDr.

yum!:drool:
not all of it ,maybe, but some definite promise there!

I'll never get Sue to try it though, .................sigh.....

latinlover
19th-October-2005, 08:48 AM
So my question is what sort of clothing do you find most attractive on the opposite sex? To spice it up you can also put your prefered type/colour of underwear.

OK
here goes
a dress or skirt is great,especially if it fits well and is well cut.:drool:
I DO appreciate an elgantly dressed lady.(luckily I have one of my own:wink: )

....combats ..ugh!
....combats & exposed belly .....double ugh!

Trousers otherwise are neutral as far as I am concerned.

I do understand that dresses don't look very good with trainers, and that heels are harder to dance in, so I can understand why so many girls go for trousers,but it's just not the same ,is it?
Did anyone ever say "You look really gorgeous in those trousers"? - not often, I bet.

Lots of exposed flesh...no thank you - especially on ladies of 'un certain age ' and beyond....give me mystery and suggestion any day:wink:
to be honest I think I would refrain from asking a lady with too much flesh on show for fear of being embarrased, sad old puritan that I am. And probably because I'm happily married I don't have the desperate need for the feel of female flesh in whatever form it presents itself, as some men clearly do!

So it's an elegant dress for me, every time :yum:
FWIW

PS Cruella
I LOVE your signiature!! :yeah:

senorita
19th-October-2005, 08:51 AM

I have the same problem but the other way around :) ...I get asked more when I am in normal casual wear (combats & T shirt & lookin plain) rather when I am dressed up :what: I also feel more comfortable when I have my casuals on & I dance better too :blush:

Anyhow I believe you look better with trousers anyway. Think you should do whats best for you & what makes you dance better & feel more comfortable. Ask the man if your not being asked....(him whom doesnt ask you cause your wearing trousers is silly & they dont know what they are missing :drool: & they are loosing out bigtime...& I say...their lost!!) :flower: :hug:

ChrisA
19th-October-2005, 09:00 AM
So it's an elegant dress for me, every time :yum:
Yeah, but what about the ladies?

Mary
19th-October-2005, 01:27 PM
I like to see men looking neat, with clean lines. Doesn't matter if they are wearing a shirt or tight-fitting top. What I think does nothing for a man's dancing appearance is a baggy t-shirt worn un-tucked over the trousers.:angry: :angry: ...........you know who you are :wink: :wink:

I would like to look feminine and wear frocks and high heels, but I end up going all tense and rigid in my following, so it ends up being trousers - but flared at the bottom so my legs don't look quite as short as they actually are!

I actually wore a chiffon ball gown to a reception recently - it felt great!:drool:

And LilyB, you are soooooooooo naughty.:wink:

M

CJ
19th-October-2005, 01:54 PM
Visible Penis Line?

Stop bragging!!:o

Zebra Woman
19th-October-2005, 01:57 PM
Cruella, you look great in a skirt/dress !!
My only problem with skirts is that if not full enough they limit ones potential for truly satisfying DFS... I quite often have to end up hitching them up and tucking them in my knickers !

:yeah: Yes she does look great in a dress.

Skirt tucked in knickers? :eek: So tempting I know :rolleyes:, but I'm sure we don't need Trinny and Susannah to tell us - not a good look ( unless you're in a playground doing handstands).

I'm with you on all that Foxylady - I hate a skirt getting in the way. For that reason I favour short skirts or at least ones that flare up, with safety pants underneath.

I like the look of trousers especially for footwork focussed dancing, but they always feel too hot for me (unless they slashed or a very thin fabric). I have been looking out for them for 6 years now and only ever come across three pairs cool enough.

Re men :drool: ... I just love a man in a tight t-shirt, and trousers that outline a well proportioned bottom ! Only on the dance floor you understand :wink:

Foxy

Yes me too - tight, slinky T shirt (or even a vest - in exceptional circumstances) . I don't like my view of swinging hips to be obscured by a long loose T shirt or shirt.

VPL? Hmm I have never considered that, but I am now. :devil:

See. Where would we be without Martin Harper? :rofl:

Gojive
19th-October-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm with you on all that Foxylady - I hate a skirt getting in the way. For that reason I favour short skirts or at least ones that flare up, with safety pants underneath.

Sorry ZW, but I now have this mental image of you spinning gracefully in your short skirt.....and exposing a lovely pair of Huggies Pull-Ups! :rofl:

:flower:

El Salsero Gringo
19th-October-2005, 02:55 PM
Yes me too - tight, slinky T shirt (or even a vest - in exceptional circumstances) . I don't like my view of swinging hips to be obscured by a long loose T shirt or shirt.I was shamed by ChrisA into untucking my T-shirt the other night. He said it was very untrendy to have a T-shirt tucked in, or something. Could we have a consensus, please, ladies?

(come to that, why *was* I taking fashion advice from ChrisA?)

DavidY
19th-October-2005, 03:06 PM
I was shamed by ChrisA into untucking my T-shirt the other night. He said it was very untrendy to have a T-shirt tucked in, or something. Could we have a consensus, please, ladies?Somewhat inevitably there's already been a thread & poll about this one: To Tuck or not Tuck (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1782). The consensus from the ladies seemed to be not to tuck...

Mary
19th-October-2005, 03:16 PM
I was shamed by ChrisA into untucking my T-shirt the other night. He said it was very untrendy to have a T-shirt tucked in, or something. Could we have a consensus, please, ladies?

(come to that, why *was* I taking fashion advice from ChrisA?)

I reckon untucked is OK if the t-shirt is neatly fitted and not too long. Large,long and mis-shapen t-shirts, yeuch!

ESG I can't believe you've been listening to 'black prince' :wink: never mind, you'll feel better soon I'm sure.:D

M

Tessalicious
19th-October-2005, 03:16 PM
I was shamed by ChrisA into untucking my T-shirt the other night. He said it was very untrendy to have a T-shirt tucked in, or something. Could we have a consensus, please, ladies?

(come to that, why *was* I taking fashion advice from ChrisA?)*sigh*

There's a world of difference between a baggy T-shirt and an untucked tight T-shirt - obviously a tight T-shirt is much sexier than a baggy one (on a man with a good physique anyway), but having a T-shirt tucked in does make a man seem older (not that there's anything wrong with that :hug: ) and more formal (which isn't probably the optimal look to be going for at a WCS evening...).

IMHO one of the sexiest ways for a guy to dress formally is black suit, black shirt, black silk tie :drool: - although I've never really understood why. MIBs obviously do it for me...

Cruella
19th-October-2005, 05:57 PM
MIBs obviously do it for me...[/COLOR]
Do you hang around funeral parlours in your spare time.:whistle: :rofl:

Lou
19th-October-2005, 06:32 PM
Hmmm, have you ever considered being a fairy goth mother (http://www.fairygothmother.com) --
:drool: Lovely clothes. Although I've never fully gothed up for LeRoc. Somehow it just doesn't feel right. :)

Tessalicious
19th-October-2005, 06:37 PM
Do you hang around funeral parlours in your spare time.:whistle: :rofl:Don't be ridiculous, that would be a white shirt - so passé, sweetie-darling.

Whitebeard
19th-October-2005, 06:51 PM
..... - so passé, sweetie-darling.

Woo HOO ;-(

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
19th-October-2005, 10:42 PM
Ooh, i actually like this site, think i may be maxing out on my credit card! So look out for the new vamp look guys!
:yeah: Like some of the corsets and dresses.

Cruella
20th-October-2005, 12:54 PM
Ok i was really hoping this thread would reveal mens preferences a bit more! Am very surprised that certain forumites haven't picked up the opportunity to reveal what sort/colour of underwear they would prefer on their woman.:whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
20th-October-2005, 02:24 PM
Ok i was really hoping this thread would reveal mens preferences a bit more! Am very surprised that certain forumites haven't picked up the opportunity to reveal what sort/colour of underwear they would prefer on their woman.:whistle:I don't suppose the men want anyone to think they're more concerned about a woman's underwear than her dancing. Obviously I am, but then I have no shame. And no, I'm not going to reveal my preferences....

Mary
20th-October-2005, 02:53 PM
I don't suppose the men want anyone to think they're more concerned about a woman's underwear than her dancing. Obviously I am, but then I have no shame. And no, I'm not going to reveal my preferences....

I reckon it's big pants (that's no reflection on your dancing btw :D )

M

El Salsero Gringo
20th-October-2005, 03:05 PM
I reckon it's big pants (that's no reflection on your dancing btw :D )

M:whistle:

Cruella
20th-October-2005, 06:20 PM
I don't suppose the men want anyone to think they're more concerned about a woman's underwear than her dancing. Obviously I am, but then I have no shame. And no, I'm not going to reveal my preferences....
But i didn't say on the woman they are dancing with! I meant on their love interest.
Wondered whether they preferred White/Virginal, Red/ tarty, Black/Sexy, thongs, strings, cami-knickers, lacy, smooth etc etc

ducasi
20th-October-2005, 06:45 PM
Wondered whether they preferred White/Virginal, Red/ tarty, Black/Sexy, thongs, strings, cami-knickers, lacy, smooth etc etc :yeah:

They all sound good... :yum:

El Salsero Gringo
21st-October-2005, 09:30 AM
But i didn't say on the woman they are dancing with! I meant on their love interest.
Wondered whether they preferred White/Virginal, Red/ tarty, Black/Sexy, thongs, strings, cami-knickers, lacy, smooth etc etc
Post a poll. With photos of the different options to remove any possible ambiguity. (Ambiguity bad ... Photos good ... ambiguity bad ... photos good)

jockey
23rd-October-2005, 01:14 AM
I think a woman should dress "accordingly"...
One example - my partner teaches aerobics, cant wear high heels now,has a great arse and we do "the hanger" - so she wears tight lycra bottoms, skimpy tops all in jazzy and colourful styles, and dance trainers.
Wouldnt suit everyone, though...

Personally I dont like skirts that are too short.. (er, revealingly) - just doesnt strike the right note, somehow..

Some women always look great (to the nines) but ripped jeans and T shirt can look good too.

I was told that those highwaisted baggy (lindy) trousers with braces look good ("flattering") but they seem to have drifted out of fashion..

to be replaced by thos things with loadsapockets with optional camouflage (which split when you lunge..)

White T shirts show sweat too readily in my experience but white trousers are another matter and would, on a man, interest the woman on this thread who liked to see a shapely bum (cant think who that was...).

Not too much cleavage is a good idea.

Just a few thoughts.

Jooles
23rd-October-2005, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=jockey]

.........Too much cleavage ......is there really such a thing?

Whitebeard
23rd-October-2005, 04:52 PM

Are we talking men or women here ?

Ickle Chick'n
24th-October-2005, 08:59 PM
...to wear dresses/skirts and heels more. I have made the observation that i seem to get asked to dance a lot more than when i wear trousers!

I have made the same observation and have had this conversation with men before who say "really...?!...surely not..." but it is a fact, I get asked to dance more when wearing a skirt or ickle dress as opposed to trousers. However, in mens' defence, though I'm not totally deffending them all of course, I do feel more comfortable in a skirt and prefer my dancing as I feel more elegant and trousers and trainers change my dancing drastically, can be an advantage with some blokes though, all depends on styles!

As for my preferences I like fitted shirts and fitted boot-cut type shape jeans, tight CKs good choice, but also like combats and nice, more fitted, t-shirts (not tucked in!) on trendy looking, younger chappies too! :nice:

Cruella
26th-March-2007, 06:35 PM
Ooh, the spiders have bought this thread back to my attention. :D

Trousers
26th-March-2007, 06:44 PM

please. . . . . . . . you can use the rope afterwards as well

Trousers
26th-March-2007, 06:52 PM
Short skirts :drool:

The hint of naughtiness and miles of leg! Underwear then is nice whatever but it's extra nice when it's pressed into your hand whilst stood at the bar!

:devil: