PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Negative Reps

Asif
18th-October-2005, 04:04 PM
What i would like to know is .... how do people feel about receiving anonymous negative reps? :sad:

Comments please ......

El Salsero Gringo
18th-October-2005, 04:07 PM
What i would like to know is .... how do people feel about receiving anonymous negative reps? :sad:

Comments please ......Ante-up the £15 to join, Mr Been-registered-for-nearly-two-years-now, and you'll never need to find out.

ChrisA
18th-October-2005, 04:28 PM
how do people feel about receiving anonymous negative reps? :sad:

Those were the days :devil:

:rofl:

under par
18th-October-2005, 04:49 PM
Asif what you need to do is pay your £15 for silver membership and no rep will ever be anonymous again as one of the benifits of membership is the ability to see who gives you rep.

DianaS
18th-October-2005, 04:52 PM
Its just one of the things that you learn to live :waycool:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-October-2005, 04:52 PM

Comments please ......

Are they worse than anonymous positve reps ? :)

Asif
18th-October-2005, 05:07 PM
Are they worse than anonymous positve reps ? :)
Well - positive reps make you feel good :grin: and, while it would be nice to know who gave it, it's not a big deal if you don't - you still feel good.

With negative reps, it would be nice to have the opportunity to reply to that person who gave it, incase there have been any misunderstandings. Can't do that if you don't know who it was. Also, i think it's a bit cowardice not to put your name when you do give someone a negative rep.

Asif
18th-October-2005, 05:20 PM
Are they worse than anonymous positve reps ?

Well - positive reps make you feel good :grin: and, while it would be nice to know who gave it, it's not a big deal if you don't - you still feel good.
Okay - i take that back! I just got a VERY NICE rep :) and DO want to know who sent it. Was that you DS??? :whistle:

ducasi
18th-October-2005, 05:21 PM
Example of an anonymous positive rep that could upset you:

"Great post! Btw, I really fancy you. xxx"

That'd be enough to make me part with £15 if I hadn't already... :wink:

EDIT: Bet you DS just had the same idea!

Gojive
18th-October-2005, 05:29 PM

That'd be enough to make me part with £15 if I hadn't already... :wink:

It would be a bit of a bummer (so to speak) though, if you then found out it was another man! :wink: :eek:

TiggsTours
18th-October-2005, 05:30 PM

With negative reps, it would be nice to have the opportunity to reply to that person who gave it, incase there have been any misunderstandings. Can't do that if you don't know who it was. Also, i think it's a bit cowardice not to put your name when you do give someone a negative rep.
:yeah: Not putting your name to negative rep is just cowardly, if I have something to say about someone, I'm perfectly happy to let them know who said it.

Awww, Asif, honey, has someone been picking on you? :hug:

LMC
18th-October-2005, 05:32 PM

It would be the "Btw" that would upset me... :devil:

I try to remember to sign all reps, but sometimes forget :blush:

Asif
18th-October-2005, 05:45 PM
I try to remember to sign all reps, but sometimes forget :blush:
I know!! Sorrreeeeeee :blush: (you know what i'm on about). Hope we're friends again :hug:

It would be a bit of a bummer (so to speak) though, if you then found out it was another man! :wink: :eek:
Hmmm .... maybe i should just "leave myself in the dark" as far as that is concerened.. :eek:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-October-2005, 06:46 PM

oh behave :)

that could sound extremely camp :eek::whistle:

LMC
18th-October-2005, 07:37 PM
I know!! Sorrreeeeeee :blush: (you know what i'm on about). Hope we're friends again :hug:
I'm evil, opinionated and outspoken, but I don't bear grudges - find me and dance with me when we're next at the same venue :nice: :flower:

Asif
18th-October-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm evil, opinionated and outspoken, but I don't bear grudges - find me and dance with me when we're next at the same venue :nice: :flower:
Thanks hun. :nice: I don't know what you look like and where you dance so how will i know when to be looking out for you? :confused:

I've just had another REALLY NICE anonymous rep and am even more tempted to get the full membership in order to know who it was but there is one thing still holding me back .... what if it's a bloke!! :eek: I think I'll keep it a mystery for just a little bit longer.

Awww, Asif, honey, has someone been picking on you?
No - just got a neg rep for a comment (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162851&postcount=18) i made on the "Eye Contact" thread, saying i was being "unhelpful"!!!

El Salsero Gringo
19th-October-2005, 12:30 AM
Thanks hun. :nice: I don't know what you look like and where you dance so how will i know when to be looking out for you? :confused:

I've just had another REALLY NICE anonymous rep and am even more tempted to get the full membership in order to know who it was but there is one thing still holding me back .... what if it's a bloke!! :eek: I think I'll keep it a mystery for just a little bit longer.

No - just got a neg rep for a comment (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162851&postcount=18) i made on the "Eye Contact" thread, saying i was being "unhelpful"!!!Bet you it was MartinHarper :whistle:

Andy McGregor
19th-October-2005, 12:33 AM
Bet you it was MartinHarper :whistle:But who would take that bet?

MartinHarper
19th-October-2005, 12:51 AM
Bet you it was MartinHarper :whistle:

Sorry to dissapoint. Asif appears in my outgoing rep list with a little green box, not a red one. Normally good odds, but not this time.

DianaS
19th-October-2005, 09:47 AM
Okay - i take that back! I just got a VERY NICE rep :) and DO want to know who sent it. Was that you DS??? :whistle:
So did I... Lovely rep thanks...but unsigned

...and my hack to find out who sent it ISN'T working!! Damn
The power rating reduces the possibilities down a bit
there's definately mischief afoot:rofl::rofl::rofl:

TiggsTours
19th-October-2005, 09:53 AM
I'm a little confused about the membership levels. When I joined, I only had the option of 2 prices, and I paid the lowest one, yet I can see who all my rep has come from. If I hadn't joined, I wouldn't be able to post threads. So, how come I can see who my reps come from, and Asif can't?:confused:

ChrisA
19th-October-2005, 09:55 AM
So, how come I can see who my reps come from, and Asif can't?:confused:
Cos he hasn't paid up at all :D

Registering is what you do to get access to all the forums. He's done that, since he has a user name.

Subscribing is what you've done. :flower:

You can tell if someone has subscribed - their user name is in bold.

Franck
19th-October-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm a little confused about the membership levels. When I joined, I only had the option of 2 prices, and I paid the lowest one, yet I can see who all my rep has come from. If I hadn't joined, I wouldn't be able to post threads. So, how come I can see who my reps come from, and Asif can't?:confused:Hi Tiggs,

As ChrisA explained, joining the Forum is free, and provided you have a valid email address, anyone can join and start posting. Just over a year ago, as the forum got so popular, hosting costs started to really increase and I introduced a 'paid for' level of membership: Silver membership.
I was very keen to make sure that the Forum remained accessible to everyone, so to this day, anyone can read / post the same whether they have paid the extra or not.

The Silver membership helps towards the thousands of pounds the forum costs annually and in return, Silver members get the following extra features;

- View the 'Who's online page'
- Ability to be invisible on the Forum
- Ability to edit / delete own posts
- Ability to upload larger attachments
- Upload a custom avatar - Ability to use Signatures (not for advertising)
- 4000 Private messages limit - Private Message tracking

I hope this helps

MartinHarper
19th-October-2005, 10:16 AM
Ability to edit / delete own posts

I can do this, and I'm not in bold...

David Bailey
19th-October-2005, 10:26 AM
I can do this, and I'm not in bold...
Franck was probably too scared you'd neg-rep him into oblivion :whistle:

stewart38
19th-October-2005, 10:41 AM

No - just got a neg rep for a comment (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162851&postcount=18) i made on the "Eye Contact" thread, saying i was being "unhelpful"!!!

If people make helpful positive comments id usually +ve rep them

If there neutral or indifferent then nothing

If there major sarcastic or deliberatly go out of there way to be offensive then its negative rep

If im 'wrong' then +ve rep comes later

roughtly id think ive sent 10 -ve reps and 40 +ve

Ive made a mistake on 3 -ve reps and +ve rep will come when i can (which probably teaches me something)

Only once have i not added my name to rep and i wont do that again

Will
19th-October-2005, 10:47 AM
:rofl:

Minnie M
19th-October-2005, 10:54 AM
have some rep - needed a laugh this morning :rofl: :rofl: (panacking I may forget something whilst packing):really:

Franck
19th-October-2005, 10:56 AM
I can do this, and I'm not in bold...Whoops, indeed, it seems permissions were wrongly set! All fixed now :wink:

MartinHarper
19th-October-2005, 11:37 AM
All fixed now :wink:

Thanks. :)

DianaS
19th-October-2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks. :)
Can you neg rep yourself?
I've tried but you have special powers

DianaS
19th-October-2005, 02:40 PM
Can you neg rep yourself?
I've tried but you have special powers
and whilke your at it pos rep me
I've lost the power to edit my posts so YOU OWE ME AND ALL THE OTHER FREELOADERS WHO ARE TOO CHEAAP TO PAY THIER SUBS

Gojive
19th-October-2005, 02:43 PM
So did I... Lovely rep thanks...but unsigned

...and my hack to find out who sent it ISN'T working!! Damn
The power rating reduces the possibilities down a bit
there's definately mischief afoot:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There is indeed :eek: : ...I received this anon +ve rep this morning:

"but I do fancy you and can't help it!!"

From someone who knows I'm not a paid-up member - very funny! :wink: :waycool: :rofl:

DianaS
19th-October-2005, 02:47 PM
Hate to kiss and tell but I got:-

u r cute, me cuddles u and snuggles u

from someone with exceptionally high power rating
Beats your hands down!
D:flower:

Asif
19th-October-2005, 02:51 PM
There is indeed :eek: : ...I received this anon +ve rep this morning:

"but I do fancy you and can't help it!!"
Okay - i admit it - it was me!! :wink: NOT!! :rofl:

Asif
19th-October-2005, 02:57 PM
Hate to kiss and tell but I got:-

u r cute, me cuddles u and snuggles u

from someone with exceptionally high power rating. Beats your hands down!
D:flower:
Mushy or what :sick: !! I got:-

"You sexy gorgeous hunk of a man - I adoooooooor you xxxxxxxx"

Beat that! :cool:

BTW - What is power rating and how does it work? And how did you know the rep came from someone with a high power rating? :confused:

DianaS
19th-October-2005, 03:06 PM
Mushy or what :sick: !! I got:-

"You sexy gorgeous hunk of a man - I adoooooooor you xxxxxxxx"

Beat that! :cool:

BTW - What is power rating and how does it work? And how did you know the rep came from someone with a high power rating? :confused:
Hi Asif
My rep was 110 yesterday. Today it was 118. I got 2 from Clive (signed) for my thread on dance jobs and 6 from someone who was taking the mick linked to the posting anonymous thread!!

Not many people have 6 points so I trawled to find those who have a power rating of 6 and had posted on the thread...
Then I blew them out of the water with neg rep!
Simple really:rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-October-2005, 03:11 PM
Aha you are a bit of a Miss Marple aintcha ;)

I wasn't taking the mick, you are cute ;)

DianaS
19th-October-2005, 03:22 PM
Aha you are a bit of a Miss Marple aintcha ;)

I wasn't taking the mick, you are cute ;)
and what about all the :innocent:
how could you:tears:

DianaS
19th-October-2005, 03:24 PM
and what about all the others :innocent:
how could you:tears: