PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Dancing

Dreadful Scathe
18th-October-2005, 01:47 PM
I understand they 'do dancing' in Bristol ;) So can anyone recommend a venue for Tuesday night. Being down here (Cardiff) for a few days I thought I'd give it a shot.

uk-jive lists

Elmgrove LeRoc : Elmgrove Centre
Bristol Trinity LeRoc : BAWA Club Ballroom
Leroc2000 : Packard Dance Centre, Yate

So whats hot and whats not ? :)

JonD
18th-October-2005, 01:54 PM
This lists all the options: http://www.leroc-in-bristol.co.uk

Have fun!

philsmove
18th-October-2005, 04:07 PM
BAWA is the closest and easiest to find

If you are still here on Friday there is dance at the PBA

ElaineB
19th-October-2005, 07:31 AM
I understand they 'do dancing' in Bristol ;) So can anyone recommend a venue for Tuesday night. Being down here (Cardiff) for a few days I thought I'd give it a shot.

uk-jive lists

Elmgrove LeRoc : Elmgrove Centre
Bristol Trinity LeRoc : BAWA Club Ballroom
Leroc2000 : Packard Dance Centre, Yate

So whats hot and whats not ? :)

And of course, there is always Cardiff!!! I was there last night - where were you? I will be there again next Tuesday as Jackie (of Mark and Jackie) has had a family bereavement and I am helping out.

Elaine

MartinHarper
19th-October-2005, 01:53 PM
LeRoc 2000 - Moves Taught (http://leroc.net/leroc2000/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=13&Itemid=35)

This Category is currently empty

I know that LeRoc folks aren't as keen on move monsters, but I think they've taken it a little too far by not teaching any at all.

CJ
19th-October-2005, 02:06 PM
LeRoc 2000 - Moves Taught (http://leroc.net/leroc2000/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=13&Itemid=35)

I know that LeRoc folks aren't as keen on move monsters, but I think they've taken it a little too far by not teaching any at all.

Perhaps they are awaiting their, em, scouts bringing back moves from other, er, areas?!?:wink:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-October-2005, 03:15 PM
where were you ?

aww if only I'd known. I read a book last night instead as I couldnt decide what to do once i realised it was Tuesday. Im easily confused :)

Lou
19th-October-2005, 06:20 PM
Perhaps they are awaiting their, em, scouts bringing back moves from other, er, areas?!?:wink:
Or perhaps it's just that their Webmistress is too busy with other aspects of her life right now (such as a new job) to actually remember to pick up the bit of paper, take it home, and type it in. :whistle:

If anyone's interested, last night's class had various wrapper moves. From memory, it was something like a Sway wrap thing, into a catapult variation Man's Wrap thing. There was a First Move Eskimo, with spins (which Marty_Babes really loved). Then something I've forgotten, into a double Boomerang.

So, see, it's probably best I don't update those pages. :na:

ElaineB
19th-October-2005, 07:48 PM
Or perhaps it's just that their Webmistress is too busy with other aspects of her life right now (such as a new job) to actually remember to pick up the bit of paper, take it home, and type it in. :whistle:

If anyone's interested, last night's class had various wrapper moves. From memory, it was something like a Sway wrap thing, into a catapult variation Man's Wrap thing. There was a First Move Eskimo, with spins (which Marty_Babes really loved). Then something I've forgotten, into a double Boomerang.

So, see, it's probably best I don't update those pages. :na:

Don't you just lurve those 'thing' variations!!! Nearly as many as first move variations! :D

Elaine

Whitebeard
20th-October-2005, 01:19 AM
Don't you just lurve those 'thing' variations!!! Nearly as many as first move variations! :D

Elaine

Hi Elaine, remember this poor sad soul? I'm just totally confused by all these thingys (not to mention ladies with more b***s than me) and hang on to the few constants I know - beginner moves. And even then you lot have different names for them.

ElaineB
20th-October-2005, 07:16 AM
Hi Elaine, remember this poor sad soul? I'm just totally confused by all these thingys (not to mention ladies with more b***s than me) and hang on to the few constants I know - beginner moves. And even then you lot have different names for them.

My favourites are the 'whatchamecallit' and 'you know, that one that Amir does with his thigh'.........:whistle: :D :D

Elaine