PDA

View Full Version : 1000 posts

SwingSwingSwing
21st-January-2003, 10:43 AM
So whose going to reach the 1000 posts first?

Franck currently at 957?
TheTramp about 30 behind?
or will Gus make a late run?

SwingSwingSwing
(happy that he's managed a hundred!)

Franck
21st-January-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by SwingSwingSwing
So whose going to reach the 1000 posts first?

Franck currently at 957?
TheTramp about 30 behind?
or will Gus make a late run? Well, funnily enough, we were discussing that last night (after the dancing, in the pub), and we came to the conclusion that I stood no chance!
My average posting level is 2/3 a day as opposed to 25 a day for the Tramp!!! :eek:

Still won't stop me from trying a last minute dash though :wink: while the Tramp is on holiday! :devil:

Franck.

Jayne
21st-January-2003, 10:56 AM
Funny but I was looking at this last month... On the basis of average posts per day Tramp was the clear winner and Franck would only get there if he completely lost the plot and replied to everyone in a freaky week of posting... (Oh those heady days a year ago when the forum in its present incarnation was just getting going...)

Of course, Franck completely loosing the plot is not beyond the realm of possibility... :wink: :wink:

And now that Tramp's away...

Jayne
:grin:

Will
21st-January-2003, 11:07 AM
I'm gonna win

Will
21st-January-2003, 11:08 AM
I'm gonna win!

Will
21st-January-2003, 11:09 AM
I'm gonna win!!

Jayne
21st-January-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Will
I'm gonna win

Sorry Will but you're the outsider at the moment! :wink: :nice:

You'd need to REALLY lose the plot big style to win...

Jayne
:nice:

Franck
21st-January-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Jayne
Funny but I was looking at this last month... On the basis of average posts per day Tramp was the clear winner and Franck would only get there if he completely lost the plot and replied to everyone in a freaky week of posting... (Oh those heady days a year ago when the forum in its present incarnation was just getting going...)

Of course, Franck completely loosing the plot is not beyond the realm of possibility... :wink: :wink: Oï! I resent that :nice:
I am a totally sane individual and my alleged membership to the MAd. crew is pure fabrication... :D

and yes, I remember the good old days, when I replied to every post / thread in an un-ashamed attempt to get the forum started / going...
These days, there are too many posts for anyone person to handle (apart from the Tramp that is :wink: ), but thankfully we have a great number of regular contributors!

Franck.

Jayne
21st-January-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Franck
Oï! I resent that :nice:

Sorry Franck...

Jayne
:sorry:

(in my own mini-bid for the title... Oh, no, hang on - it's just that I'm not working...)

TheTramp
21st-January-2003, 11:58 AM
I didn't realise that it was a race.

I did offer to stop on 999 last night though. Just to let Franck hit the 1000 first.

It's the first to 10,000 who gets the kudos though :D

Steve

Franck
21st-January-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I didn't realise that it was a race.

I did offer to stop on 999 last night though. Just to let Franck hit the 1000 first.

It's the first to 10,000 who gets the kudos though :D hehe :D

Everything is competitive in this world we live in :grin: :devil:

Now you're back online, I will have to increase my posting level!

As for the 10,000 I am not worried... :nice: I reckon, you will suffer from RSI well before that, and will consigned to Voice recognition software... which should slow you down considerably and also make you totally un-intelligible!!! :grin:

Franck.

TheTramp
21st-January-2003, 12:10 PM
Are you saying that I have some sort of strange accent or something??

I wonder if they'll ever manage to bring out a voice recognition package that recognises really heavy accents!!

Steve

Franck
21st-January-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Still won't stop me from trying a last minute dash though :wink: while the Tramp is on holiday! :devil: Well, it looks like my last minute sprint did it!

1000 posts as I type!

I would like to thank my agent, and all my fellow posters without whom I would never have made it :D
I would also like to thank my mum and dad, without whom I would not be alive at all !

Sorry Tramp, :D I know I took advantage of the fact you were on holiday, and no doubt, you'll reach the 10,000 next week anyway :wink:

Franck.

Janet
21st-January-2003, 06:30 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'll be honest and say that I wasn't sure you had it in you, especially in one day!
I knew you didn't really mean it when you told the Tramp last night that you didn't mind if he beat you to 1000. :devil:

Good to see you back.
Janet

Janet
21st-January-2003, 06:34 PM
Oh no! What have I done?!! I posted the above and you immediately lost 14 posts. :really: Or have you had so much fun today that you want to try it all again tomorrow?

TheTramp
21st-January-2003, 08:13 PM
Well done Franck :D

So, now the race is on to 10,000.

Last one there buys the beers!

Steve

TheTramp
24th-January-2003, 03:12 PM
Oh dear.

Looks like I've 'achieved' (if that's the right word) the four digit mark. Should I be proud, or totally ashamed!?!

Steve