PDA

View Full Version : London Film Festival thread. Meet-up and Reviews

Clive Long
16th-October-2005, 09:02 PM
All,

I'm putting down a marker for a London Film Festival thread - and this is it.

1. I will post on this thread those films I'm thinking of seeing - if anyone is interested in coming along then PM me. Similarly for those interested in going to films I'm not (I won't read anything into it) then post here too. The idea being, if two or more are going to the same film we can go for something to eat in the 5,000 eating places within 10 minutes walk of Leicester Square before or after the films and do an analysis - or extend the Singletons' Sofa (should there be an apostrophe ESG?) into a Chinese restaurant.

2. After we have seen the films, people can post their thoughts and reviews on this thread. I have found some real gems at LFF that did make it to the mainstream - if woefully underpromoted - and wanted to encourage friends to go and see them.

If this turns out to be the only post in this thread we will know it has been a pretty lame idea.

Clive

Tiggerbabe
16th-October-2005, 09:15 PM
If this turns out to be the only post in this thread we will know it has been a pretty lame idea.
Not lame, Clive, (I think it's a great idea) but some of us don't actually live in London :whistle:

Clive Long
16th-October-2005, 09:17 PM
Not lame, Clive, (I think it's a great idea) but some of us don't actually live in London :whistle:
Campaign for a Rutherglen Film Festival

I'm sure there is demand for it

CRL

Tiggerbabe
16th-October-2005, 09:26 PM
Campaign for a Rutherglen Film Festival

I'm sure there is demand for it

CRL
There you go, 4 posts already :wink:

David Bailey
16th-October-2005, 09:28 PM
Worth a try - in fact, I wonder if it's worth doing a "Films" section / thread in Chit Chat...

I used to go regularly to LFF up until a couple of years ago, but I always found that I left it a bit late booking up - most of the major films were booked up well in advance.

I did get one LFF freebie from a company once, however, who thought I was my more famous namesake - we sat in between Twiggy and Ben Elton, both of whom gave us funny looks :rofl:

LMC
16th-October-2005, 11:47 PM
I dunno, five posts and still no slinky linky.

So here it is (http://www.lff.org.uk/)... (main website)

Film list (http://www.lff.org.uk/films.php?year=2005&Alpha=%25&show=false)