PDA

View Full Version : STOMP - The UK Tour

Angelina
14th-October-2005, 04:08 PM
We went to see this show in Woking last Friday (on the way to Britrock)
Both me and Tony thought the show was totally amazing and can't stop making rhythms now!!

A good friend of ours Dan Baines :drool: is in it and he has really got that whole rhythm thing sussed ( even after quite a few beers in Yates after the show!):worthy:

Would recommed it to anyone, it is currently touring the UK and IMHO it was much better than Burn the Floor!:clap:

Angelina x

Minnie M
14th-October-2005, 04:14 PM
We went to see this show in Woking last Friday (on the way to Britrock)
Both me and Tony thought the show was totally amazing and can't stop making rhythms now!!

A good friend of ours Dan Baines :drool: is in it and he has really got that whole rhythm thing sussed ( even after quite a few beers in Yates after the show!):worthy:

Would recommed it to anyone, it is currently touring the UK and IMHO it was much better than Burn the Floor!:clap:

Angelina x
:yeah: :clap: :worthy: :worthy: :clap: :yeah:
There was a crowd of 30 of us went to see it in London, HevMate arranged it - it was brilliant :worthy: We all got sore throats shouting when Dan appeared - he broke his broom handle in one of the routines :sad:

Then we all met up in the pub next door, and Dan introduced us to the others - a really great night :clap:

doc martin
14th-October-2005, 04:21 PM
I saw it several years ago and was completely blown away. I would love to see it again. Do you know whether it is going to make it up to Scotland?

LMC
14th-October-2005, 04:27 PM
I saw it in February - it is superb :clap: :clap:

I don't think comparisons with BtF are very fair because both shows are so different. But I confess that I was only really "caught up" by the first section of BtF, whereas Stomp had me completely transfixed the whole way through with no awareness of the rest of the audience. See it, hear it, feel it - I want to go again!

doc martin
14th-October-2005, 04:30 PM
I saw it in February - it is superb :clap: :clap:
:yeah: It almost made me want to take up a broom, but I had a lie down and recovered.

Angelina
14th-October-2005, 04:31 PM
I saw it several years ago and was completely blown away. I would love to see it again. Do you know whether it is going to make it up to Scotland?

For more info visit www.stomp.co.uk

Angelina x

doc martin
14th-October-2005, 04:40 PM
Thanks Angelina,

Looks like Newcastle is the nearest it gets to us up here :tears:

Angelina
17th-October-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks Angelina,

Looks like Newcastle is the nearest it gets to us up here :tears:
IMHO its worth the journey! :clap:

Cruella
11th-February-2008, 05:16 PM
Finally, after 3 years of saying I want to see Stomp, I went to see it yesterday! It was worth the wait! What a fantastic show and the humour in it was great too. The whole family loved it, even my 15 year old son, who was doing his 'Kevin' impression on the way there, came out doing some very strange things with his feet on the walk back to the car park. :rofl:

cat
11th-February-2008, 05:19 PM
Its great isnt it? Although i ended up making a lot more noise next time i did housework.....
Was really impressed with the dancing as well. That would be a new one for southport- how to dance with brooms!

Cruella
11th-February-2008, 05:40 PM
That would be a new one for southport- how to dance with brooms!
Nah, no one likes a wooden dancer! :rolleyes: