PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Glee Club

BobbyA
13th-October-2005, 03:02 PM
Does anyone here go to the Glee Club in birmingham on a monday night on a regular basis?

I'm visiting Birmingham on Monday and i'm staying over and was thinking of popping in. Whats the class like?

DianaS
13th-October-2005, 03:09 PM
Does anyone here go to the Glee Club in birmingham on a monday night on a regular basis?

I'm visiting Birmingham on Monday and i'm staying over and was thinking of popping in. Whats the class like?

Hello Bobby I used to go there a couple of years ago. There's a very nice teacher called Debbie and there was a friendly crowd. The parking is excellent too!

It's a venue that was designed for stage shows though so the floor can be sticky and the set up is landscape rather than portrait so position your self at the front in the middle cas if you are on either end you will have a poor view of the stage!

It's right in the centre of China town so there are excellent restaurants to visit after or before

Have a good night!
Diana

BobbyA
13th-October-2005, 03:13 PM
Heheh cheers..

I managed to get someone in Motherwell, into Ceroc from my chat room. She goes to the Thursday class Rutherglen Town Hall. She's going to be in birmingham for a week. So i thought why not meet and do Ceroc at the same time :P (Seeing as she wants to dance with me)

heheheh :P

I'm sure it will be a great night.

Clive Long
13th-October-2005, 03:13 PM

I thought you were going to take part in close-harmony barber-shop. :eek:

Worrying.

Clive :devil:

The Man in Black
13th-October-2005, 03:14 PM
Only ever tried it once (on a bank holiday) and it wasn't too bad. Not a big venue though and the floor isn't ideal (kind of rubberised flooring)

In it's defense, the venue is a Comedy club first and foremost.

Alternatives are Brierley Hill (30-40 min drive) or Leamington (about the same distance from centre of Birmingham) From south Birmingham I can do it in 25 mins via M40

BobbyA
13th-October-2005, 03:17 PM
The place i'm staying and meeting this person are right in the heart of the city near broad street and next to the glee club. So i spose it would be best if i just went to that one. I go to various different classes all the time, this particular one would just be to meet my friend really..

Hopfully gonna be going to Viktors workshop on saturday. Have to check for availablity tho first.

I can imagine what the dance floor is like. We have a glee club here in cardiff.

Jive Brummie
14th-October-2005, 03:31 PM
BobbyA,

When you go to the Glee Club make sure you get a dance with Deb (the teacher) she's a top notch mover! and an all round nice person:worthy: .

JB