PDA

View Full Version : All set for Perth Free Opening...

Franck
20th-January-2003, 10:04 AM
After a fantastic busk in Perth last Saturday (thanks to all of you who turned up and make the day so much fun :nice: ), the latest addition to Ceroc Scotland nights will open on Thursday 23rd January in the City nightclub, Sportsters, 8 South Methven Street (opposite the bus station in the centre of Perth).

The opening night will be Free for all (including membership), so is an ideal opportunity to sample this new venue.

Franck.

P.S. If anyone is a regular reader of either the Perthshire Advertiser or the Courier, could you keep an eye out for a feature on the new Perth night, I sent the photographer who came to see us busk a full press release, so hopefully, we'll get a good write-up and I would love to get a copy!

Franck
21st-January-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
We could ensure that there's lots of returns and people cancelling, by telling them all that I'll be there!! No don't do that!!! :really:

I do need a few people to turn up after all... :D

On a separate but related note, I will have some tickets for the Beach Ballroom on Thursday, at the opening of the new Perth class... The night will be free, so why not take the chance and see our latest venue for yourselves, and as an added (dis)incentive :wink: the Tramp will be DJ-ing that night...

Franck.

TheTramp
21st-January-2003, 12:31 PM
the Tramp will be DJ-ing that nightAyup.

So if you can all bring your CDs, as I've only got 3 tracks with me up here. Alternatively, as long as you all like The Mavericks, Shania and Toploader, you'll be in for a great night!! :wink:

Steve

Franck
21st-January-2003, 01:13 PM
So if you can all bring your CDs, as I've only got 3 tracks with me up here. Alternatively, as long as you all like The Mavericks, Shania and Toploader, you'll be in for a great night!! :wink: Excellent!!!
With so many Beginners (the phone has not stopped after the busk last Saturday, and the photo in yesterday's Courier), your choice of music should be spot on :wink:

Franck.

TheTramp
21st-January-2003, 08:30 PM
Well, I'll try to vary it....Something like:

Mavericks
Toploader
Shania
Toploader
Mavericks
Shania
Mavericks
Shania
Toploader
Shania
Mavericks
Mavericks
Toploader
Shania

Sound ok??

Steve

Franck
21st-January-2003, 08:45 PM
... {snip varied list of tracks}
Shania
Mavericks
Mavericks
Toploader
Shania

Sound ok??Perfect! I might bring my Sophie E.B cd as well, just to add variety :wink:

Franck.

TheTramp
21st-January-2003, 08:49 PM
Woohoo....

Yippee :D

Steve

Lou
22nd-January-2003, 10:03 AM
...and I've got an MP3 of Vem Vet I can mail you! :devil:

TheTramp
22nd-January-2003, 11:16 AM
Lou

You're just soooo kind. If you could email it to me asap please.

My email address is:

This_sucks@dustbin.com

Cheers very muchly....

Steve

Steven
22nd-January-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Franck
and the photo in yesterday's Courier

Franck.

If anything i thought that would put them off :grin:

Steven

TheTramp
22nd-January-2003, 01:37 PM
Is someone going to scan in the pic(s?) and post them up. Or do they have me in them?? I've seen enough pics of me on this forum recently to last approximately 1000 years.

Steve

Franck
22nd-January-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Steven
If anything i thought that would put them off :grin: Now now, Steven, don't be so modest :D You and Janet look great!

In fact... I do have a scanned copy here :D

Franck.

TheTramp
22nd-January-2003, 01:44 PM
Great pic. You do look great (Steven and Janet). Interesting angle though. Why'd he get so low to take it?

Steve

Steven
22nd-January-2003, 02:07 PM
Thanks Franck!!

I believe there are going to be more pictures printed in the perthshire advertiser........hopefully with me not in them.

So its looking good for thursday night then??

Cheers
Steven

Franck
22nd-January-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Steven
I believe there are going to be more pictures printed in the perthshire advertiser........hopefully with me not in them.

So its looking good for thursday night then?? No worries Steven, you are welcome :D I always knew that, deep down, you wanted to be famous!

It seems there was a feature in yesterday's Perthshire Advertiser, and judging by the number of phone calls I received yesterday and today, tomorrow should be pretty busy (especially with women :really: )!
So if any of you guys would like to become temporary taxi-dancers for the first night, that would be great... I might especially need a bit of help at the start of the night to get everyone signed up to get their membership card...

I do hope, we won't be as busy as the opening of the Plaza Ballroom in Glasgow 7 years ago, where we had a queue of Beginners stretching 25 yards outside the venue (300+ people turned up, including over 100 new members :eek: ).

Franck.

TheTramp
22nd-January-2003, 02:18 PM
I do hope, we won't be as busy as the opening of the Plaza Ballroom in Glasgow 7 years ago, where we had a queue of Beginners stretching 25 yards outside the venue (300+ people turned up, including over 100 new members )Yeah right. I can see that you're desperate for that not to happen!! :rolleyes:

You can add me to the list of taxi-dancers if you want Franck. In between throwing a few tracks at the mixer!

Steve

PS. That's it. Move part of a thread, just as I'm in the middle of posting on it!! :D

Franck
22nd-January-2003, 02:23 PM
Yeah right. I can see that you're desperate for that not to happen!! :rolleyes: Well, actually, while the Plaza Ballroom could take those numbers (and more...), I don't think the City Nighclub could, so I would rather settle for 100+ :nice:
I don't want to get too much of a reputation for overcrowded venues :wink:

You can add me to the list of taxi-dancers if you want Franck. In between throwing a few tracks at the mixer! Thanks Tramp, but I expect you will be giving all your attention to playing the best ever music for such a wide and varied audience :cheers:

PS. That's it. Move part of a thread, just as I'm in the middle of posting on it!! :D No worries Steve, I have moved your post too! :wink:

Franck.

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-January-2003, 02:50 PM
According to the picture caption there -' Ceroc Dancing [is a] type of jive dancing introduced to Europe by American GI's during the war'

which goes to show that Ceroc is an invalid trademark as it was the name of a dance in the 40's (common use prior to TM invalidates it Im sure :) ).... and Ceroc cant claim to have brought an original dance to the UK at all - its a mere copy :).

Or was the journalist confused :)

Franck
22nd-January-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Or was the journalist confused :) Aaaargh...!
Don't even start this again :nice:

In every single press article ever written about Ceroc, the definition reflects the pre-conceptions of the journalist and the angle they are trying to offer, rather than any 'genuine' bearing on reality...

Still, all publicity is good publicity!

Franck.

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-January-2003, 03:25 PM
hehe i was only joking of course - i think we've done that argument to death :)

Next big opening is Stirling - is that still going ahead ?

Franck
22nd-January-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Next big opening is Stirling - is that still going ahead ? Yep, once Perth is up and running, I'll confirm the venue and start date for Stirling. I am still aiming for early March as a launch date, but it will depend on the venue, available dates for a busk or 2 and my own holidays :nice:

Don't worry though, you'll be the first to know!

Franck.

TheTramp
22nd-January-2003, 03:39 PM
You're allowed holidays Franck????

I'll have a word with your employer about that then! :D

Steve