PDA

View Full Version : Reminiscing bout music

Cornish Pixie
13th-October-2005, 11:28 AM
OK, thought i post this to check my sanity levels.

Im guessing that eveyone has had the moment where they hear a song on the radio or somewhere else not ceroc related and think to themselves "I remember this, i dance to this" however what i seem to get is either a sad case of modern jive addiction proving that i think about it day and night or just an example of good memory. I hear a song and can remember exactly who i danced to with it and at what venue????

Am I sad or what!:waycool:

Zebra Woman
13th-October-2005, 12:09 PM

Im guessing that eveyone has had the moment where they hear a song on the radio or somewhere else not ceroc related and think to themselves "I remember this, i dance to this" however what i seem to get is either a sad case of modern jive addiction proving that i think about it day and night or just an example of good memory. I hear a song and can remember exactly who i danced to with it and at what venue????

Sad and nice I think thewurlitzerrocks.

I think that's really nice, especially if they are happy memories. You're not alone, as my friends will verify I have a similar affliction. I can usually remember who I danced with and which track to at the end of an evening.

But only a few dances stay in my mind longterm. Some are in there for life I think.

A useful side effect:

I find it very useful if I need a filling at the dentist. I wear my walkman and play a fave track very loudly using in-the-ear headphones, so while the dentist drills I re-live the :drool: dance.

I am careful which track I choose as I don't want to associate a sexy track with pain at the dentist.

Plus I don't want to associate lying back in the dentist's chair with DFS either.

ZW:flower:

Ickle Chick'n
14th-October-2005, 12:09 AM

If you're sad there's a few of us out there! I went to the cinema tonight (saw Kinky boots which I wasn't sure about but a friend wanted to see) and the music was great but every time a track came one I wanted to shout 'Wicked!!!!' and grab my mate and start jiving... think my addiction may have gone a little far sometimes!!! The music was cool and brought back a lot of happy memories of dances with lovely guys, thanks to those guys...

thewurlitzerrocks, you're not alone!

xxx

MartinHarper
14th-October-2005, 12:30 AM
I don't get that with my own dances, but I can't hear "Filthy Gorgeous" without remembering a cabaret routine done to it at a Rock Bottoms w/e.

foxylady
14th-October-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't get that with my own dances, but I can't hear "Filthy Gorgeous" without remembering a cabaret routine done to it at a Rock Bottoms w/e.

I can't hear "Filthy Gorgeous" without thinking of SilverFox :drool:

SilverFox
14th-October-2005, 12:44 AM
I can't hear "Filthy Gorgeous" without thinking of SilverFox :drool::flower: or :devil: ....

I think.....

:hug:

LMC
14th-October-2005, 10:18 AM
I shall never forget dancing to Pussy Cat Dolls' "Doncha" with a man in drag @Southport... yes, it was very hard not giggling *too* much - s/he was a great dancer too!

Ickle Chick'n
14th-October-2005, 12:43 PM

Wow I am deffinately with you on that one, Alex and Emma was it?! Trouble is I've never found anyone that puts quite the attitude into it as them! I get butterflies just thinkng about it, they were great!:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Donna
14th-October-2005, 03:46 PM

Am I sad or what!:waycool:]

definately not alone on this one!!! And...it's NOT sad at all!!:)

Stuart
14th-October-2005, 05:09 PM
]

definately not alone on this one!!! And...it's NOT sad at all!!:)
:yeah: