PDA

View Full Version : Ashtons Charidee T dance Sun 16th Oct

Zebra Woman
11th-October-2005, 02:09 PM
Anyone else coming to this?

It's in aid of Tree House an autism education charity.

dee
11th-October-2005, 02:25 PM
I love the option of "Trimming my bush" :rofl: :rofl:

Joking aside i will be going :clap:

See you there :hug:

Dizzy
11th-October-2005, 02:36 PM
I should hopefully be going too.
See you there. :clap:

Paul F
11th-October-2005, 02:48 PM
i might give it a go. Will have to see on Sunday morning.

SilverFox
11th-October-2005, 03:30 PM
I shall first be trimming my bush, then dancing at Ashtons. Should any budding topiarists wish to inspect the results, private viewings will be available on the back stairs.

I thank you.

Missy D
11th-October-2005, 03:32 PM
I shall first be trimming my bush, then dancing at Ashtons. Should any budding topiarists wish to inspect the results, private viewings will be available on the back stairs.

I thank you.

Me! Me! I will bring along my camera:rofl: :rofl:

dee
11th-October-2005, 03:37 PM

I thank you.

And me!!!! gosh im REALLY looking forwards to this now. :yum:

Missy D
11th-October-2005, 04:16 PM
And me!!!! gosh im REALLY looking forwards to this now. :yum:

He could charge (in the name of charity of course) then we all could see. Will suggest it to Linda tonight. :rofl:

Cruella
11th-October-2005, 04:32 PM

I thank you.
Rather be dancing, not into gardening!! All those prickly things.:sad:

dee
11th-October-2005, 04:36 PM
He could charge (in the name of charity of course) then we all could see. Will suggest it to Linda tonight. :rofl:

Good idea!!! i will bring my money box (maybe i should rephrase that :innocent:

senorita
11th-October-2005, 05:17 PM

trimmed my bush today....took ten mins and £20!! blinking rip off :rofl:

yes it can be prickly this is why its important to ware protection :D but I have to say its great fun trekking through the jungles...but u have to becareful as u never know u might come across an active snake.. ;) :eek:

I dont pass for a stairs back pass...so I will be amongst the other garden roses on the dance floor shaking my big booty :clap: :grin:

jockey
11th-October-2005, 09:21 PM
What time does it start etc?:confused:

Cruella
11th-October-2005, 09:26 PM
What time does it start etc?:confused:
2pm - 6.30pm. 8.50 in advance, 10 on the door.

Zebra Woman
11th-October-2005, 09:45 PM
2pm - 6.30pm. 8.50 in advance, 10 on the door.

And more info here (http://www.ceroclondon.com/news.htm)

Is it a Topiary theme? :devil:

It is in aid of Tree House after all.

ZW

Missy D
11th-October-2005, 10:08 PM
Just went down and collected my tickets!!:clap:

Ashtons was so empty tonight i only got to have one dance:mad:

Ah well will save my dance shoes til sunday. Cant wait:clap:

(do i need tickets for the bush trimming viewing?):rofl:

stewart38
12th-October-2005, 11:16 AM
Just went down and collected my tickets!!:clap:

Ashtons was so empty tonight i only got to have one dance:mad:

Ah well will save my dance shoes til sunday. Cant wait:clap:

(do i need tickets for the bush trimming viewing?):rofl:

What there was only one man there ??

Is this thing any good ,ashtons sunday , ive never been on a sunday, its that or the boat or 'something else '

senorita
12th-October-2005, 11:59 AM

Is this thing any good ,ashtons sunday , ive never been on a sunday, its that or the boat or 'something else '

Its brill! ;-) trust us

dee
12th-October-2005, 12:10 PM

Its always been a really great afternoon, i go to them all :clap:

The tsunami charity event they did back in Jan was fantastic!!! lets just hope it brings as many people through the doors as the last event :cheers:

WittyBird
12th-October-2005, 12:36 PM
I will be there for what its worth folks :)

stewart38
12th-October-2005, 12:38 PM
Its always been a really great afternoon, i go to them all :clap:

The tsunami charity event they did back in Jan was fantastic!!! lets just hope it brings as many people through the doors as the last event :cheers:

I heard they turned people away on that and it was too packed :sick:

Anway will prob go

Icey
12th-October-2005, 01:35 PM
Can you only get the advance tickets by going there? Can you book on the website?

I don't want to chance turning up and being turned away :tears:

stewart38
12th-October-2005, 01:40 PM

My grass stopped growing on 15th september. I dont car if its 70f again here today in london. As far as im concern the grass has stopped growing and ill look at it again in May :nice:

senorita
12th-October-2005, 01:45 PM
Can you only get the advance tickets by going there? Can you book on the website?

Well I spoke to Colin himself and he told me there will be defo tickets on the door...

Icey
12th-October-2005, 01:50 PM
Well I spoke to Colin himself and he told me there will be defo tickets on the door...

I'll have to arrive on time then, no fashionably late arrival for me :whistle:

Robin
12th-October-2005, 02:34 PM

AFAIK the event is being run by Colin and therefore not as such a regular ceroc event so you'll need to get in touch directly with him.

Tezi & I will be there doing our stuff for most of the afternoon - think we're headlining :eek:

...Thats assuming we get back really fast from the weekender in Eastbourne!

Miss Conduct
12th-October-2005, 03:49 PM
And more info here (http://www.ceroclondon.com/news.htm)

Is it a Topiary theme? :devil:

It is in aid of Tree House after all.

ZW

Of course I'll be there.... with you & Senorita.

As for trimming my bush - I have an excellent gardener to do that for me. :innocent:

dee
12th-October-2005, 03:52 PM
As for trimming my bush - I have an excellent gardener to do that for me. :innocent:

Can i maybe borrow him?

Looking forwards to meeting you Senorita :hug:

senorita
12th-October-2005, 03:57 PM
Can i maybe borrow him?

Looking forwards to meeting you Senorita :hug:

there's a long Q for him ;-)

look forward to meeting u too :hug: dont know wot u look like nor half the other people...so hope someone will be kind enough to point you out

dee
12th-October-2005, 04:01 PM
there's a long Q for him ;-)

look forward to meeting u too :hug: dont know wot u look like nor half the other people...so hope someone will be kind enough to point you out

Miss Conduct knows me and my sister Missy D so im sure she will point us out.

Cruella
12th-October-2005, 04:10 PM
Of course I'll be there.... with you & Senorita.

:
:tears: :tears: :tears: You heartless lady, you forgot me. :tears: :tears: :tears:
Bit of a worry that the ratio so far is averaging 2 women to every man. Guess i'll have to be a man for most of the day!

senorita
12th-October-2005, 04:19 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears: You heartless lady, you forgot me. :tears: :tears: :tears:

ahhh how could u forget lovely cruella...:hug: :hug: :flower: :flower: :flower: :hug: :hug:
although I dont think miss conduct knows anything or wots going on....shes manual's sister!:D

you sure u trust me on the drivers seat....I have miss conduct, you, ZW, & miss wittybird screaming, shouting,singing, sending each other music tunes & ignoring me cause of this new entertainment :tears: ....GOD :eek: HELP ME. wrong thread I know I should be on the foxes den for this order but..but I think I will need a triple stiff drink when I get to ashtons :rofl: :rofl:

senorita
12th-October-2005, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=CruellaBit of a worry that the ratio so far is averaging 2 women to every man. QUOTE]

dont think the men will moan some how do you??

anyway....round up round up round up....any men going?? come on you know you want too plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Miss Conduct
13th-October-2005, 12:25 AM
Bit of a worry that the ratio so far is averaging 2 women to every man. Guess i'll have to be a man for most of the day!

Sorry Sweetie. You didn't say that you were coming when I mentioned it before. Looks like you've got the offer of a lift with us anyway. See you Sunday.

K x :flower:

Miss Conduct
13th-October-2005, 12:37 AM
Miss Conduct knows me and my sister Missy D so im sure she will point us out.

Certainly will! :flower:

..and in responce to your previous question - Sorry no, good gardeners are hard to find. :whistle: We could however ask around on Sunday....

Lory
16th-October-2005, 10:19 PM
How did it go, did they make a lot of money?

WittyBird
16th-October-2005, 11:06 PM
How did it go, did they make a lot of money?

I had a great time lots of lovely dances not enough men however!
I think they raised £1500+ but that was halfway thru and I cant remember them giving a final figure but knowing me while they were talking i was probably propping the bar up! :clap:

Just got back from a nite at Berko and that was poo..... only good thing was the music!

Zebra Woman
17th-October-2005, 08:39 AM
:yeah: It was a real nightmare, the lack of men. Quite a few turned up late so it did improve. But the first two hours were tough - I must have had 7 dances in total and never got warmed up.

I was really pleased to see they decided against doing a class. :clap: So when the freestyle did get going - it stayed going.

IMO The music was good, thanks to Robin and Tezi, Ian and Annette. Although there was a track blend that caught me out Guitarra G blended into something else. It made for a very very long dance.:sick:

Anyway, it all turned out good in the end - fab dances (thanks everyone :flower: ), and we had lots of laughs - didn't we girls?

ZW

dee
17th-October-2005, 09:00 AM
:yeah: It was a real nightmare, the lack of men. Quite a few turned up late so it did improve. But the first two hours were tough - I must have had 7 dances in total and never got warmed up.

I was really pleased to see they decided against doing a class. :clap: So when the freestyle did get going - it stayed going.

IMO The music was good, thanks to Robin and Tezi, Ian and Annette. Although there was a track blend that caught me out Guitarra G blended into something else. It made for a very very long dance.:sick:

Anyway, it all turned out good in the end - fab dances (thanks everyone :flower: ), and we had lots of laughs - didn't we girls?

ZW

:yeah: I had a really fab afternoon lots of good dances, could of done with a few more men but gave me a chance to meet Seniorita and have a chat with other forumites

Thanks to Silverfox, Stewart38 and Dizzy for the fab dances. My daughter Lauren also enjoyed herself helping on the door collecting all the money and pulling the raffle tickets out of the hat, shame she didn't pick my number:mad:.

Missy D
17th-October-2005, 09:03 AM
I had an ok time but still worn out from the night before at Greenwich. When i arrived it was not looking good with hardly any men in site and the music was really bad. Things improved once more men arrived and Ian, Robin and Tezi started playing decent tracks.

Not too sure if my legs ache from dancing or the laps round the dance floor trying to escape "The Corpse" and "The Mauler" (cant spell this morning). I heard there is another man to avoid girls and thats a man that mainly dances in Clapham and his is called "The Licker":eek: one girl told me that he licked her arms when doing returns yuk eh? so beware!

Nice to see some forumites again!

:clap: :clap:

Lory
17th-October-2005, 09:14 AM
"The Licker":eek: :what: :sick:

Zebra Woman
17th-October-2005, 09:25 AM
I heard there is another man to avoid girls and thats a man that mainly dances in Clapham and his is called "The Licker":eek: one girl told me that he licked her arms when doing returns yuk eh? so beware!
:clap:

Every man who has ever licked will now be plagued with self doubt now.

I'm sure ESG will be over in a minute.

El Salsero Gringo
17th-October-2005, 09:37 AM

I'm sure ESG will be over in a minute.I will?

(be brave, stout hearts.)

stewart38
17th-October-2005, 10:42 AM
Got there early so even had time to do some BQ shopping

I had a great time lack of men didnt seem to bother me too much . Apart from some really poor songs early on, over all music was great

The locals seem very friendly as well :whistle:

senorita
17th-October-2005, 01:12 PM

ZW

Yes we had a brillant laugh!! the conversation's in the car :blush: I nearly missed the juction to come off the motorway...:nice: as the conversation was gettin so saucy :rofl: I even had to put the cold fan in the car on full blast on a certain individual... as they were getting very flustured :rofl: :rofl:

Anyway moving on....the music was very good...they played all my request's ...:clap: thanku guys :hug:
It was a shame that it didnt really kick off till 4ish...the number of men were very low...missed the formites & the regulars :hug:
It was a good atmosphere though....well done Colin and ALL for organizing & supporting the event!

Icey
17th-October-2005, 01:19 PM
Not too sure if my legs ache from dancing or the laps round the dance floor trying to escape "The Corpse" and "The Mauler" (cant spell this morning). I heard there is another man to avoid girls and thats a man that mainly dances in Clapham and his is called "The Licker":eek: one girl told me that he licked her arms when doing returns yuk eh? so beware!

Nice to see some forumites again!

:clap: :clap:

Next time please don't run off with Dee and leave me standing there! :angry: :rofl:

David Bailey
17th-October-2005, 01:28 PM
"Every man"? Blimey, how many arm-lickers are out there? :eek:

El Salsero Gringo
17th-October-2005, 01:38 PM
"Every man"? Blimey, how many arm-lickers are out there? :eek:See me for a quick heads-up next time we're in the same venue. It could change your life.

David Bailey
17th-October-2005, 02:09 PM
See me for a quick heads-up next time we're in the same venue. It could change your life.
It'll certainly make me think twice about dancing with someone after they've danced with you, mister arm-licky :sick:

(Stick with the necks, that's my advice)

Paul F
17th-October-2005, 03:38 PM
Tongues aside :sick: , was the music yesterday on a more 'chilled out' plane or was it just, as previously suggested, a michael buble'fest :)

Ok, was it in any way different than a normal Ashtons freestyle?

stewart38
17th-October-2005, 03:51 PM
Tongues aside :sick: , was the music yesterday on a more 'chilled out' plane or was it just, as previously suggested, a michael buble'fest :)

Ok, was it in any way different than a normal Ashtons freestyle?

It was mixed and thats what good about it

El Salsero Gringo
17th-October-2005, 04:04 PM

Ok, was it in any way different than a normal Ashtons freestyle?You're not going to turn into another Forum music-snob, are you, Paul?

Paul F
18th-October-2005, 12:11 AM
You're not going to turn into another Forum music-snob, are you, Paul?

I know what you mean

Im getting tired of hearing myself complain about music :blush: so Im going to stop now. Its just a phase im going through where I want 'challenging' tunes whatever they may be. I realise Im not going to get them everywhere I go so I will try and give my opinions of a nights music based on that. :)
Its always been the case that the majority like familiar music so its my bad for not considering that when criticising a night. (not sure if i spelt that right)

The question about Ashtons is still something I want to find out. Its billed as the 'chillout lounge' so I just wondered if there is ay difference from a normal night. ;)

ericklondon
18th-October-2005, 10:12 AM
Paul,

Dates for the Chill Out Lounge are on www.ceroclondon.com

The charity event @ Ashtons from last Sunday had nothing to do with us.- Ceroc London.
The nest Chill Out Lounge is on October 30th

Erick
:nice: :waycool:

Zebra Woman
18th-October-2005, 10:34 AM
I know what you mean

Im getting tired of hearing myself complain about music :blush: so Im going to stop now. Its just a phase im going through where I want 'challenging' tunes whatever they may be. I realise Im not going to get them everywhere I go so I will try and give my opinions of a nights music based on that. :)
Its always been the case that the majority like familiar music so its my bad for not considering that when criticising a night. (not sure if i spelt that right)

The question about Ashtons is still something I want to find out. Its billed as the 'chillout lounge' so I just wondered if there is ay difference from a normal night. ;)

I appreciate your honesty about the music Paul.

In answer to your question:

IMO the last Ashtons was slightly more chilled than usual, though it was not a ceroc event. I think Robin and Texi and Ian kept the tempo just right. The only frustration was finding a partner, no frustration with the music for me.

I would say the usual Sunday Chill-out lounge is slightly slower than a Friday night and a bit more adventurous too, certainly a few easy to WCS to tracks. I know cos I have muddled through them with Bob. The slow tracks are a small percentage, whereas at Amir's T jive it's the fast tracks that are in the minority.

Paul F
18th-October-2005, 11:19 AM
I appreciate your honesty about the music Paul.

In answer to your question:

IMO the last Ashtons was slightly more chilled than usual, though it was not a ceroc event. I think Robin and Texi and Ian kept the tempo just right. The only frustration was finding a partner, no frustration with the music for me.

I would say the usual Sunday Chill-out lounge is slightly slower than a Friday night and a bit more adventurous too, certainly a few easy to WCS to tracks. I know cos I have muddled through them with Bob. The slow tracks are a small percentage, whereas at Amir's T jive it's the fast tracks that are in the minority.

Thankyou :hug: thats the answer I was hoping for.

I will look forward to the next one. I didnt realise that the one last weekend wasn't a Ceroc one :blush: thanks erick and ZW for letting me know :cheers: