PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Parties

dee
11th-October-2005, 01:14 PM
Does anyone know of any Halloween parties that are going on darn sarf? the only one i see gonig on is Ealing. :flower:

Msfab
11th-October-2005, 01:52 PM
Ceroc Surrey (Woking) have a halloween party on the Saturday the 5th of November. (Guy Fawkes nights)

dee
12th-October-2005, 11:52 AM
Gosh..... With sooooo many places to go not sure which one to pick :rofl:

Is there REALLY not much happening then?? I may just have to stay in and trim my bush :whistle:

stewart38
17th-October-2005, 02:25 PM
Ceroc Surrey (Woking) have a halloween party on the Saturday the 5th of November. (Guy Fawkes nights)

Yes i heard that and why not call it guy fawkes party etc Or Bonfire nights party

Im sure both are not politically correct ?

Did seem odd

I loved Woking so ill be there , i think !

Great venue with Air conditioning ! Great dancers, always lots of water
Bar prices :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
17th-October-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm working on Halloween! :tears: :tears: :tears: Lucky i'll have Halloween week-end to do stuff then huh? :whistle:

Divissima
19th-October-2005, 10:50 PM
Monday 31st is 'Thriller Night' at Jango.

ChrisA
19th-October-2005, 11:31 PM
Monday 31st is 'Thriller Night' at Jango.
Not sure I can take anything much more thrilling than the end of this week's Jango experience. :eek:

Bex
20th-October-2005, 01:41 PM
We've got a Halloween Party night at South Reading on Monday 31st Oct. Complimentary 'halloween cocktail' on arrival, nibbles (hopefully not from Dracula), fun & challenging class with Nicole and if you dress up and scare Fi on the door, she'll let you in for a fiver! :devil:

Robin
20th-October-2005, 01:57 PM
Adam is back in town so he wants a party - we're having our regular cheshunt night on the 4th nov and a party night at finchley on the 5th

We may even do something on Halloween - depends how adam's feeling after his 34 hour haul !

Franck
20th-October-2005, 02:19 PM
We're having a Vampires Party in Dundee on Monday 31st October at the Marryatt Hall (City Square, Dundee). Doors open at 7.30pm and dancing 'til Midnight!

Dress as Glam Vampires or Voluptuous Victims :devil:

TiggsTours
20th-October-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes i heard that and why not call it guy fawkes party etc Or Bonfire nights party

Im sure both are not politically correct ?

Did seem odd

I loved Woking so ill be there , i think !

Great venue with Air conditioning ! Great dancers, always lots of water
Bar prices :mad: :mad: :mad:
:yeah:

Especially seeing as its the 400th anniversary this year! I guess they think, no fireworks, can't call it a Bonfire Night party, they could always stick a few sparklers around, maybe have some indoor fireworks at some point.

stewart38
24th-October-2005, 01:54 PM
I know some people are dressing up for that, its on 31st October 2005 next monday (or last monday if your reading this in the furture :whistle: , or 12 yrs ago if your reading this then , was it any good :sick: )

Numbers should be interesting as they have been down recently

Cerocchilterns Halloween Party
Chesham Park Community College
Chartridge Lane
Chesham
Bucks
HP5 2RG
Start: 8:00pm
End: 11:00pm

David Bailey
24th-October-2005, 02:15 PM
Sounds good, apart from:

End: 11:00pm :sad:

Zebra Woman
24th-October-2005, 04:00 PM
Sounds good, apart from:
:sad:

And I assume there are the usual two classes to be fitted in too. :sad::sad:

stewart38
24th-October-2005, 04:23 PM

you know if 4 people e-mail the lady in question i bet there wouldnt, or at least a restriction on the 'teaching time' :whistle:

will find out tonite

David Bailey
24th-October-2005, 04:34 PM
On the (truly diabolically bad) new site, it says there's 1 fun class, plus costume-judging.

Stewart, I'll be up for an email campaign if you are...

Oops, hold on, I may be needed elsewhere on Monday :blush: - but hell, I'll send a mail anyway...

stewart38
24th-October-2005, 04:50 PM
On the (truly diabolically bad) new site, it says there's 1 fun class, plus costume-judging.

Stewart, I'll be up for an email campaign if you are...

No need seems my e-mail campaign work

Although cant see where is says just 1 fun class ?

The web site also says next free style ??

Saturday 12th February 2005

Ill ask for more details

stewart38
25th-October-2005, 12:14 PM

Feed back from the Oracle, if i get 10 forumites to go I get in for free :waycool: The money i save will be used to purchase a 7 lottery tickets and if we win id share the winning too :yeah:

------------------------
You most certainly can get in free!!

It's party night, so we will start with a fun class and then pure
freestyle

-----------------

Stop press, the bar at this place is on school premises and they now no longer allow smoking at any time in the bar so its a SMOKE FREE venue :yeah: (WB if its raining you can smoke in my car with window down:sad: )

David Bailey
25th-October-2005, 12:33 PM
Feed back from the Oracle, if i get 10 forumites to go I get in for free :waycool:
Hah, tightwads - they should pay you for bringing us along! (Or in my case, possibly pay you for keeping me away).

But it's sounding more promising now, certainly. If my services are not required at my normal venue, it's definitely tempting...

stewart38
25th-October-2005, 12:37 PM
Hah, tightwads - they should pay you for bringing us along! (Or in my case, possibly pay you for keeping me away).

But it's sounding more promising now, certainly. If my services are not required at my normal venue, it's definitely tempting...

It also says chocolates and 'lots of fun' , what more will you need to tempt you :yum:

Ill see if its Amir doing the fun class :whistle:

WittyBird
25th-October-2005, 12:38 PM
Stop press, the bar at this place is on school premises and they now no longer allow smoking at any time in the bar so its a SMOKE FREE venue :yeah: (WB if its raining you can smoke in my car with window down:sad: )

What can I say deep down you do have other peoples interests at heart. You are not only an organisation guru but generally a deeply funny man :grin:
and I thank you :D

stewart38
25th-October-2005, 12:41 PM
What can I say deep down you do have other peoples interests at heart. You are not only an organisation guru but generally a deeply funny man :grin:
and I thank you :D

Im also a liar, you can smoke in the rain :grin:

anyway thats 2 on the list 8 more needed

WittyBird
25th-October-2005, 12:43 PM
Im also a liar, you can smoke in the rain :grin:

:rofl:

David Bailey
25th-October-2005, 01:39 PM
It also says chocolates and 'lots of fun' , what more will you need to tempt you :yum:
You know, I always wonder about that - how do they know how much fun I'm going to be having? Very clever, these organisers.

Ill see if its Amir doing the fun class :whistle:
Hmmm, I've just had a thought... I'll get back to you.

Little Monkey
25th-October-2005, 04:36 PM
We're having a Vampires Party in Dundee on Monday 31st October at the Marryatt Hall (City Square, Dundee). Doors open at 7.30pm and dancing 'til Midnight!

Dress as Glam Vampires or Voluptuous Victims :devil:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wooooo! I've already got my wig and fangs, now I just need to sort the dres out.....:D

Little Monkey
25th-October-2005, 04:38 PM
Wooooo! I've already got my wig and fangs, now I just need to sort the dres out.....:D

Dress. Keyboard has got a sticky 's' key!:mad:

Piglet
25th-October-2005, 10:16 PM
That Dundee party sounds good!

Perth is having a Halloween dressy up party this Thursday - 27th!

I'm sure James said we could win a car :whistle: and that's why I'm going!:rofl:

ShinyWeeStar
25th-October-2005, 10:23 PM
Perth is having a Halloween dressy up party this Thursday - 27th!

I'm sure James said we could win a car :whistle: and that's why I'm going!:rofl:

:eek: I know he said the prize was a good 'un, but...! :eek:

LOL (I'll be there with bells on - love dressing up! :clap: )

Tiggerbabe
25th-October-2005, 10:41 PM
LOL (I'll be there with bells on - love dressing up! :clap: )
That's good, you can come to the Marryat Hall on Monday 31st too then :clap:

and Killingtime, Ducasi, Doc Martin etc etc etc - it's not that far to Dundee from Edinburgh/Glasgow/Aberdeen/Anywhere Really, you know - and it's on till midnight :whistle:

Piglet
25th-October-2005, 10:43 PM
- and it's on till midnight :whistle:
B*mmer! Any doctors out there willing to write me a sick note for school??

Cruella
26th-October-2005, 12:30 PM
B*mmer! Any doctors out there willing to write me a sick note for school??
Why don't you ask the one on your avatar!!

killingtime
26th-October-2005, 01:02 PM
and Killingtime, Ducasi, Doc Martin etc etc etc - it's not that far to Dundee from Edinburgh/Glasgow/Aberdeen/Anywhere Really, you know - and it's on till midnight :whistle:

I'd have to check for buses back to Edinburgh unless anyone is driving up from here :flower:.

ducasi
26th-October-2005, 04:56 PM
... and Killingtime, Ducasi, Doc Martin etc etc etc - it's not that far to Dundee from Edinburgh/Glasgow/Aberdeen/Anywhere Really, you know - and it's on till midnight :whistle: Busy week at work, and I'll be pure dead exhausted after dancing all weekend. So, don't think I'll make it. Nor the one in Perth on Thursday. :sad:

But I understand the party on Saturday night in Pitlochry is open to all... :wink:

David Bailey
26th-October-2005, 05:04 PM
Just got a mail from Mambocity (Ealing salsa people),

---------------

Ealing Town Hall "The Place To Be" Every Friday

4th Friday of the Month 28th Oct
Also Halloween Party night, wear your mask,

free SantoRico Halloween Salsa Video for the first 20 Masks.

Classes for all Levels: Beginners, Improvers, with Susan, Darren, Jean and Lorenzo

Intermediate Alexandre
Advance with "Robert"

Doors open 8pm
Class 8:30pm followed by
Dancing til 1:00am to Music by
DJ's Cruz & Lorenzo
---------------

So anyone with a mask (who can salsa!), you may get a free viddy if you pop downstairs from the Ealing non-BFFF thing. Oh, but you have to pay the extra entrance - darn there's always a catch. :rolleyes:

Tiggerbabe
26th-October-2005, 07:47 PM
But I understand the party on Saturday night in Pitlochry is open to all... :wink:
So is the one in Marcos :wink: but unfortunately I don't see me making either................

Stirling Sunday and then Dundee on Monday for me :clap: :clap:

ducasi
26th-October-2005, 08:55 PM
But then the Pitlochry one is Fancy Dress, while I think we established that the Marco's one isn't. (As I don't do fancy dress, Marco's would do me fine, but as I'm going to be in Pitlochry anyway...)

Will maybe see you on Sunday. :flower:

stewart38
27th-October-2005, 01:06 PM
Hot of the press

----------------------------------

ALLOWEEN PARTY
Monday, 31st October at Chesham Park Community College, Chesham
Fun class starts at 8.00 pm then pure freestyle until the end of the evening
Prize for best Halloween Costumes
----------------------------------

No mention of chocolate or 'lots of fun' :sad:

ps if that fun class starts at 8pm ill give £25 to charity

Piglet
28th-October-2005, 10:05 PM
Any chance of seeing any of the Halloween photos?

Pretty please?

Have got to say that the Perth night was fantastic - had heaps of laughs with the guys and girls who were dressed up (sorry I'm too boring - managed to throw on some spider jewellery but that was it!) and got a brilliant scare from JohnS - I obviously need to move my powers of observation up a gear or 3!!

Thanks to all the organisers for making it such a fabulous night.

PS Who won the car again?

Whitebeard
28th-October-2005, 10:24 PM
(WB if its raining you can smoke in my car with window down.)

Not this WB; this old dodgerer gave it up (surprisingly easily) at Easter. No more minature Hamlets for me, and no more morning cough.

[I do not imply that the other WB is an old dodgerer ;-) ]

WittyBird
29th-October-2005, 02:21 AM
[I do not imply that the other WB is an old dodgerer ;-) ]
Oh crikey she is, and a right miserable old cow as well I tend to call her cantankerous. :rolleyes:

philsmove
29th-October-2005, 11:31 AM
THE 6th ANNUAL MONSTER MASH BASH
TONIGHT, Saturday 29th October 2005 at the SCOTCH HORN LEISURE CENTRE
This event runs from 8.00pm to 11.15pm
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=BS481BZ&cat=www&title=Scotch+Horn+Leisure+Centre

ShinyWeeStar
29th-October-2005, 06:29 PM

Pretty please?

Have got to say that the Perth night was fantastic.

Thanks to all the organisers for making it such a fabulous night.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Even though I forgot my tail and didn't win a car, lol! :rolleyes:

dee
30th-October-2005, 05:32 PM
if i get 10 forumites to go I get in for free :waycool: The money i save will be used to purchase a 7 lottery tickets and if we win id share the winning too :yeah:

)

Im thinking of coming to Chesham, who else is going???

David Bailey
30th-October-2005, 07:54 PM
It's tempting, but I think I'm busy that night. Anybody got any more details about it?

WittyBird
30th-October-2005, 08:50 PM
Me im going! having had to deal with a poorly lickle girl today i am missing Berko so def at Chesham tomorrow night :clap: might give the outfit another showing :rofl:

stewart38
31st-October-2005, 01:15 AM
It's tempting, but I think I'm busy that night. Anybody got any more details about it?

There is a fun class (3 moves) and then its free style (8pm till 11pm)

Its been promoted a fair bit

with prize for best costume (ill bring my camera , what more do you want :whistle: )

If we get 10 forumties I get 7 lottery tickets !

Its still £7 to get in

David Bailey
31st-October-2005, 05:04 PM

Its still £7 to get in
I wavered, but it looks like I'm sticking with Finchley tonight...

dee
31st-October-2005, 05:09 PM
There is a fun class (3 moves) and then its free style (8pm till 11pm)

Its been promoted a fair bit

with prize for best costume (ill bring my camera , what more do you want :whistle: )

Its still £7 to get in

Well i will be there half dressed :devil:

LMC
31st-October-2005, 05:29 PM
I wavered...
I didn't.

Finchley for me too.

Little Monkey
1st-November-2005, 12:47 AM

Pretty please?

Should be some posted from the Dundee party sometime tomorrow I guess.... Tiggerbabe took loads of photos, anyway!

Very bizarre night - I made a bit of a flying visit, arriving after 9, and leaving at about 11.20. It was enough for my back anyway, and I had some lovely dances, so it was worth it. But the bizarre bit was all the compliments I got.... Imagine Ozzy crossed with Cruella crossed with Morticia Addams.... And you get me! :whistle: And people thought I looked good! :rofl:

I love dressing up so that people can't recognize me.... :D :cool:

I'm now going to spend the next hour trying to get all the black make up off!

Little Goth Monkey

stewart38
1st-November-2005, 01:09 AM
Clearly there had been some preperation at Chesham and it was nice to see the cob webs and 'stuff' at the venue

Numbers however very disappointing and lots of newbies and bit of slippery floor and very average set or poor set of music which was a pity

Thanks to WB and Dee for dances :flower: :flower:

WittyBird
1st-November-2005, 09:24 AM
Clearly there had been some preperation at Chesham and it was nice to see the cob webs and 'stuff' at the venue

Numbers however very disappointing and lots of newbies and bit of slippery floor and very average set or poor set of music which was a pity

Thanks to WB and Dee for dances :flower: :flower:

I quite enjoyed the music. I didn't notice many 'newbies'. Floor was fine.
Thank you S38 for a couple of wonderful dances. I am on top of the world cos I got to dance with Michael and believe me the pleasure was all mine :grin:

senorita
1st-November-2005, 10:50 AM
Thank you S38 for a couple of wonderful dances. I am on top of the world cos I got to dance with Michael and believe me the pleasure was all mine :grin:

Michael??? whom is this that put such a smile on your face?? apart from no brain of course....but am I missing something..?

dee
1st-November-2005, 11:07 AM
I really enjoyed Chesham to, but i agree with Stewart38, the floor was really slippy :sick: and there were quite alot of new dancers which i didn't mind too much as we all have to start somewhere.

The "Michael" witty is on about is the tall coloured guy that lives in Bedford, lovely man, i found myself dancing with him most of the night as he is just fab :drool:

Shame the numbers were down but i have not been to Chesham for at least 3 or 4 years so don't really know what is like these days. Thanks to jilly for putting a big smile on my daughters face and giving her a massive ghost balloon :flower:

stewart38
1st-November-2005, 11:10 AM

Dont get me wrong it wasnt a bad night, i guess id built it up in my own head that people would be coming from far and wide

Numbers maybe a little less then a usual monday and way less then a standard friday

I guess ive had some great nites recently (some dancing :whistle: ) and on the back of Ashtons it wasnt all that I had built it up to be.

senorita
1st-November-2005, 11:25 AM
The "Michael" witty is on about is the tall coloured guy that lives in Bedford, lovely man, i found myself dancing with him most of the night as he is just fab :drool:

Oh I saw him on saturday at Hammersmith & he wasnt multi coloured :whistle::D . Do you me Mike Smith (the black guy) from Leighton Buzzard? lovely dancer :worthy: :drool:

dee
1st-November-2005, 11:28 AM

Oh I saw him on saturday at Hammersmith & he wasnt multi coloured :whistle::D . Do you me Mike Smith (the black guy) from Leighton Buzzard? lovely dancer :worthy: :drool:

Thats the one, hey i was trying to be nice and not say the "black" word :blush:

Tiggerbabe
1st-November-2005, 09:58 PM
Should be some posted from the Dundee party sometime tomorrow I guess.
And as if by magic - here they are............

Tiggerbabe
1st-November-2005, 10:02 PM
and some more! I'll let you try and guess who everyone is first!

Dreadful Scathe
1st-November-2005, 10:23 PM
We had fun in Pitlochry too - dunno who these two monsters are :)

Little Monkey
1st-November-2005, 10:35 PM
Fab photos Sheena! :cheers: :flower:

Although I do look like I'm completely melting..... Oh yes, I was! :D That outfit was ever so slightly hot to dance in. I do choose costumes that are not very practical to dance in, don't I? And how can girls with long hair stand dancing with their hair loose??? It gets everywhere!!!!

LM

Gadget
2nd-November-2005, 01:24 AM
and some more! I'll let you try and guess who everyone is first!
Dosn't lorna look scary! :what:

Tiggerbabe
2nd-November-2005, 01:35 AM
Dosn't Lorna look scary! :what:
Yeah, she does, David (my 10 yr old) thinks it's a great photo though :D

You did mean in the photo didn't you, Gadget? :wink:

Lorna
2nd-November-2005, 11:34 AM
Hi,

OH MY GOD!!!! Sheena that is horrible - get it off.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Here are a few more that I took.

Great night.:clap:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Franck, Sheena I can't add an attachment. Help!!

Lorna
2nd-November-2005, 11:47 AM
got it, here they are.

Lxx

Little Monkey
2nd-November-2005, 12:05 PM
Aaaaargh!

And you complain about looking horrible, Lorna??? Look at me! :eek: Yuck!

Oh yes, I suppose 'attractive' wasn't quite the look I was going for that night, anyway.... :rolleyes:

Piglet
2nd-November-2005, 01:33 PM
Great photos - thanks to Sheena and Lorna! Looked like great fun!

Little Monkey - are you the skeleton then? Or am I being really silly and not spotting you in another photo?:hug:

stewart38
2nd-November-2005, 01:37 PM
And as if by magic - here they are............

First set of pics (5 of them) whose the lady bottom left :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
2nd-November-2005, 02:38 PM
Sorry Stewart, but on my screen all of the pictures are in a line - what was the lady in question wearing? :flower:

cheeks
2nd-November-2005, 05:23 PM

your not referring to JohnS from deepest darkest Fife are you?......wasn't that convincing :rofl:

stewart38
2nd-November-2005, 05:46 PM
your not referring to JohnS from deepest darkest Fife are you?......wasn't that convincing :rofl:

I did PM but didnt get a response :sad:

Tiggerbabe
2nd-November-2005, 07:03 PM
I did PM but didnt get a response :sad:
'Scuse me! some of us have to go to work you know and don't have internet access.......

The lady in question is Giddy Giraffe on the forum, also known as Mrs Doc Martin or Nathalie.

Little Monkey
2nd-November-2005, 08:22 PM
Great photos - thanks to Sheena and Lorna! Looked like great fun!

Little Monkey - are you the skeleton then? Or am I being really silly and not spotting you in another photo?:hug:

Ummm.... Being really silly......

I'm in a couple of photos, actually. And I have long hair and look like a cross between Ozzy, Morticia Addams and Cruella..... :whistle:

ducasi
2nd-November-2005, 10:27 PM

I'm in a couple of photos, actually. And I have long hair and look like a cross between Ozzy, Morticia Addams and Cruella..... :whistle:
I don't blame Piglet for not recognising you – that's a really good disguise. I only worked out who you were by a process of elimination.

Great costume. :worthy:

Little Monkey
2nd-November-2005, 10:39 PM
I don't blame Piglet for not recognising you – that's a really good disguise. I only worked out who you were by a process of elimination.

Great costume. :worthy:

Well thank you, sir. I do my best to please the crowds. :whistle:

Next time I'm gonna find a costume that's cool and comfortable to dance in, though!!! :eek:

Tiggerbabe
2nd-November-2005, 10:40 PM
The shoes were a dead give-away though :whistle:

Piglet
5th-November-2005, 05:05 PM
OK - my hands are up - I would never ever have recognised you LM! Good costume.

Also in response to Stewart38s quezzy - no disrespect to either GiddyGiraffe (who looks stunning) nor JohnS (I'll never be able to look at you in the same way again :rofl: ) but I thought that Stewart was asking for the name of the lady in post no: 59 - but I could be wrong.