PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 14th October

DianaS
9th-October-2005, 05:57 PM
So whats happning..
and whose gouing where don't ya know?
I'm toying with the Autamn Ball in Cowley Oxford but still haven't made it down (Muggle "Friends" sabortaged the last intended venture there - turned up for the weekend with no warning!!)
So what ya doing? peeps:rolleyes:
D

Missy D
9th-October-2005, 07:16 PM
So whats happning..
I'm toying with the Autamn Ball in Cowley Oxford but still haven't made it down (Muggle "Friends" sabortaged the last intended venture there - turned up for the weekend with no warning!!)
So what ya doing? peeps:rolleyes:
D

Not sure there is too much on this friday!

On Saturday i am going to Ceroc Greenwich party night as i never been before and sunday i will be going to the charity tea dance at Ashtons.

Think i better stay in friday and try and mend my dance shoes for the weekend.

ChrisA
9th-October-2005, 09:58 PM
Think i better stay in friday and try and mend my dance shoes for the weekend.
Just mend them? :whistle: ????

Clive Long
10th-October-2005, 09:46 AM
So whats happning..
I'm toying with the Autamn Ball in Cowley Oxford
<< snip >>
D
Hi all,

As written by Diana, this event is advertised as a "Ball". For those who have been to JivePlus balls (no sniggering!) in the past, how "dressy" are they?

Thanks

Clive

Cruella
10th-October-2005, 09:51 AM
The charity Tdance, on Sunday, at Ashtons sounds like it's worth doing anyone got any info on it? Anyone thinking of going? What else is there over this weekend?

Northants Girly
10th-October-2005, 09:53 AM
So whats happning..
I'm toying with the Autamn Ball in Cowley Oxford but still haven't made it down Maybe this yeah :rolleyes:

senorita
10th-October-2005, 10:18 AM
The charity Tdance, on Sunday, at Ashtons sounds like it's worth doing anyone got any info on it? Anyone thinking of going? What else is there over this weekend?

hi di, hope ur ok.
it will be a simular thing to the tsanami thing last jan 05
its from 2pm-6.30pm
raising money for charity (Autism education), &#163;8.50 in advance &#163;10 on the door. colin is organising it.. colin number is************if u want more details & tickets.

senorita
10th-October-2005, 10:30 AM
hi di, hope ur ok.
it will be a simular thing to the tsanami thing last jan 05
its from 2pm-6.30pm
raising money for charity (Autism education), &#163;8.50 in advance &#163;10 on the door. colin is organising it.. colin number is ************ if u want more details & tickets.

Dj's will be:
Annette-from Fulham
Robin & Tez
Ian

David Bailey
10th-October-2005, 11:01 AM
Dj's will be:
Annette-from Fulham
Robin & Tez
Ian
Now that sounds tempting...

CJ
10th-October-2005, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know if the 14th is Route 66 night??

Cruella
10th-October-2005, 12:09 PM
I know that it's on the following friday, as i'm going. :clap:

CJ
10th-October-2005, 12:17 PM
I know that it's on the following friday, as i'm going. :clap:

thanks petal.:flower:

Means I won't be there....:tears: (BFG)

ducasi
10th-October-2005, 12:26 PM
Nope, Route 66 is on the Friday of the BFG, last I heard...

DianaS
10th-October-2005, 01:54 PM
hmmm just heard that Marc is djing at Oxford and may have time for the odd dance or so...
It sounds all the more attractive! :D
WHose around from the Midlands who'd like a lift or to give directions??:whistle:

DianaS
11th-October-2005, 11:59 AM
Hi all,

As written by Diana, this event is advertised as a "Ball". For those who have been to JivePlus balls (no sniggering!) in the past, how "dressy" are they?

Thanks

Clive
I asked Coralie and she said "its Dress to Impress so wear something tight and tarty!" Hmmmm what does she mean??:whistle:

Northants Girly
11th-October-2005, 12:02 PM
I asked Coralie and she said "its Dress to Impress so wear something tight and tarty!" Hmmmm what does she mean??:whistle:She means just look in your wardrobe :whistle:

DianaS
11th-October-2005, 12:13 PM
She means just look in your wardrobe :whistle:
but she was looking at you!:rofl:

Northants Girly
11th-October-2005, 12:22 PM
but she was looking at you!:rofl:Naw - my clothes aren't tarty - they're just a bit tight :rofl:

DianaS
11th-October-2005, 12:25 PM
So NG tell us now...
...are you commin or what?

Rebecca
12th-October-2005, 12:45 PM
Logistics willing, Captain Fantastic and I are planning to go to the Autumn Ball now. If anyone needs a lift from Northampton there's a couple of places in the car. NG it's my turn to drive isn't it?

DianaS
14th-October-2005, 09:19 AM
Damn! Scuppered again. My eldest son phone last night he's had a chest infection over the week and seems to have come down with a kidney infection too.

Two sets of antibiotics and may need a catheter as he hadn't wee-d for a day.

I said I'd call around after work to visit and take him in if he needs to be seen again. By the time I've done this cooked his tea and sorted him out it may be rather late in the day to come to the ball:tears:

Will play it by ear but have a good night ya all
Diana

Clive Long
14th-October-2005, 09:24 AM
Damn! Scuppered again. My eldest son phone last night he's had a chest infection over the week and seems to have come down with a kidney infection too.

Two sets of antibiotics and may need a catheter as he hadn't wee-d for a day.

I said I'd call around after work to visit and take him in if he needs to be seen again. By the time I've done this cooked his tea and sorted him out it may be rather late in the day to come to the ball:tears:

Will play it by ear but have a good night ya all
Diana
Hope he gets better soon and you smother him with lots of TLC

If we were Jewish I'd say dose him up with Chicken Soup

Clive

DianaS
14th-October-2005, 09:30 AM
Hope he gets better soon and you smother him with lots of TLC

If we were Jewish I'd say dose him up with Chicken Soup

Clive
Hi Dad's jewish, he's a rabbi
He'll get thte chicked soup from me though!

Cruella
14th-October-2005, 04:05 PM
Sorry you can't come Diana:tears: I'm still going, so if you do make it at the last minute the offer is still there of a bed. I do hope there's some others i know there too. I went last year and had a ball.:wink:

Minnie M
14th-October-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi Dad's jewish, he's a rabbi!
Shanah Tovah / Good Yomtov

DianaS
14th-October-2005, 04:42 PM
Shanah Tovah / Good Yomtov
Shabbat shalom you too Minnie XX:D

Zebra Woman
14th-October-2005, 04:43 PM
Naw - my clothes aren't tarty - they're just a bit tight :rofl:
You know I'm always happy to loosen them for you NG (even if you are still dancing with someone at the time :devil: ).

I will be coming along tonight on my own, unless anyone wants a lift from MK?

See y'all later

Looks like total freestyle :clap::clap::clap: so I'm aiming to be there at 8 PM to do it all!

ZW:flower:

Paul F
14th-October-2005, 11:06 PM
Well, I've just finished a microwave tikka masala and Im sat on my own at home :tears: (its not that bad really - nice to have a rest)

Just been looking round the various sites and noticed that Ceroc at Twyford is on until 11:30 every Friday. I wish I had known :tears:
Only realised at half nine. Bit too late by then.

**the next bit is of no interest at all but im bored**
Just tried out my new Sat Nav this evening. How cool are they :clap:
Led me from my house to the gym a quicker and easier way than I went before. Respect to the Road Angel :worthy:
The ladies voice is very sultry as well :nice: Tiff Needell's voice warning me of speed cameras isnt quite so appealing :sick:

<note to self> When trying out the GPS connection dont hold the unit out of a window overlooking a police station. they looked very worried. must have thought I was filming them :nice:

Hope everyone had a nice night. :cheers:

Lynn
14th-October-2005, 11:16 PM
<note to self> When trying out the GPS connection dont hold the unit out of a window overlooking a police station. they looked very worried. must have thought I was filming them :nice: :rofl:
I'm at home tonight too. My only dancing option would have been a smoky salsa bar, which I did actually briefly consider (after the discussion on the recent salsa thread) but then remembered that last time I was stood on, elbowed in the kidneys and had to leave the dance floor mid dance it was so dangerously crowded. (Could go to a less crowded, less smoky salsa bar tomorrow night, but am being taken out for dinner and cinema, which is a very nice dancing alternative.) And will be dancing next weekend at the BFG!:clap:

Paul F
14th-October-2005, 11:21 PM
:rofl:
I'm at home tonight too. My only dancing option would have been a smoky salsa bar, which I did actually briefly consider (after the discussion on the recent salsa thread) but then remembered that last time I was stood on, elbowed in the kidneys and had to leave the dance floor mid dance it was so dangerously crowded. (Could go to a less crowded, less smoky salsa bar tomorrow night, but am being taken out for dinner and cinema, which is a very nice dancing alternative.) And will be dancing next weekend at the BFG!:clap:

Considering what you have coming up your Friday in sounds like a relaxing build up :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
14th-October-2005, 11:29 PM
will be dancing next weekend at the BFG!:clap:
Yup, this time next week we'll be partying! Hurrah! :clap:

Dizzy
14th-October-2005, 11:32 PM

:yeah:

Hoorah!!!! :clap: :clap: Can't wait!!! :clap: :clap:

under par
15th-October-2005, 08:02 AM

:tears: :tears: :tears: you may be !:tears: :tears: :tears:

My daughters birthday and we will be babysitting her little one whilst she is partying next Friday:tears: :tears:

One of the joys of parenthood.

WE DON'T DO SO BAD THOUGH:clap: :cheers:

Clive Long
15th-October-2005, 08:36 AM
How was the Jive Plus Oxford Ball anyone?

Hope you had a good time.

Clive

Tiggerbabe
15th-October-2005, 08:53 AM
:tears: :tears: :tears: you may be !:tears: :tears: :tears:
You and Sharon will be sorely missed - next year? *fingers crossed* :hug:

robd
15th-October-2005, 09:45 AM
I went to Biggleswade for the freestyle and enjoyed some lovely dances though space on the floor was a very precious commodity on one or two occasions.

No points for the grump on the door though:mad:

Cruella
15th-October-2005, 10:56 AM
How was the Jive Plus Oxford Ball anyone?

Hope you had a good time.

Clive
Bit disappointing i'm afraid! Very quiet. Last year it was really busy!:confused: The band were not my cup of tea, advertised as RnB / Soul but played slowed down rock and roll! Then on the way home ZW and i spent ages being diverted in traffic as the slip road to M40 was shut.:angry: Although a big plus was getting lots of dances with SF, Captain Fantastic (renamed The Giggler) and Rebecca. :clap: Hopefully Ashtons on sunday will fulfill my weeks dancing addiction.

Zebra Woman
17th-October-2005, 09:17 AM
Bit disappointing i'm afraid! Very quiet. Last year it was really busy!:confused: The band were not my cup of tea, advertised as RnB / Soul but played slowed down rock and roll! Then on the way home ZW and i spent ages being diverted in traffic as the slip road to M40 was shut.:angry: Although a big plus was getting lots of dances with SF, Captain Fantastic (renamed The Giggler) and Rebecca. :clap: Hopefully Ashtons on sunday will fulfill my weeks dancing addiction.

Yeah to all of that.

I think the £15 ticket price plus the fact there was a band put off far too many of my friends. I was pleased to see that apart from the band playing two sets, there were no other interruptions (apart from Coralie's chat) - no 'fun' class, no cabaret .

I was very pleased with Coralie's choice of DJ.
Marc The Force Forster played IMO an excellent well balanced set - well done Marc :worthy:. A real pity that there weren't more people there to enjoy it. Though as Cruella says - we managed.

The floor was extremely slippy as usual. I even managed an 8' slide (with a run up).

£10 , and no band would get my vote next time.

Rebecca
17th-October-2005, 10:31 AM
Marc [/SIZE][SIZE=3]The Force Forster played IMO an excellent well balanced set - well done Marc :worthy:. [SIZE=2]

:yeah: :yeah:

Agreed, there could have been more of an atmosphere, but I liked the opportunity to spread my wings (so to speak) without fear of de-capitating someone. Also lovely to get so many dances with the man CF, as we're normally too busy with other people.

Thank you Cruella, ZW and SF for your company :flower:

P.S. I think CF's favourite part of the evening was watching you and I dance Cruella x