PDA

View Full Version : Wallace and Gromit - The Curse of the Wererabbit

Tiggerbabe
8th-October-2005, 08:47 PM
Just back from a trip to the cinema to see Wallace and Gromit...... absolutely loved it! Very funny and lots of little additionally funny bits for the grown-ups that the kids aren't supposed to notice (or understand :wink: )

If you get the chance, go along and see it. Worth a few pounds of your money IMHO. :D

Piglet
8th-October-2005, 09:22 PM
Thanks Tiggerbabe - I'm on holidays for 2 weeks, so will definitely squeeze it in somewhere.

Footnote: I hope that's not the film my son is going in to see with his mates tonight :sad:

RachD
12th-October-2005, 01:50 PM
Wallace and Gromit are the best! I have heard Gromit steals the show as usual..... (dreaming of a job with Nick Park...that man has an eye for detail...:rolleyes: )

(Signed, Shaun the Sheep's biggest fan.)

Minnie M
12th-October-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm taking my grandsons to see it Saturday :clap:

Sparkles
12th-October-2005, 02:35 PM
Did you hear the Wallace and Gromit studios have had a fire and the whole place went up?
RIP W & G :sad:

RachD
12th-October-2005, 03:39 PM
Did you hear the Wallace and Gromit studios have had a fire and the whole place went up?
RIP W & G :sad:

And Morph too! :really:

El Salsero Gringo
12th-October-2005, 04:49 PM
RIP W & G :sad:It was a storage warehouse, not their studio.

Lots of original documents and models were lost, but nothing from this film since it was all on display elsewhere. The Chicken Run pie machine is gone though.

As one of the animators said, Morph was a plasticine figure who was remodelled countless times anyway, and Nick Park did a good job of getting things in perspective when he said that compared to the other news that day (the earthquake in Pakistan) the fire was "no big deal."

Read more at http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1589171,00.html

Sheepman
13th-October-2005, 12:00 PM
(Signed, Shaun the Sheep's biggest fan.) Are you quite sure about that? :whistle:

Greg

Little Monkey
13th-October-2005, 12:14 PM
Anyone want to go and see the film sometime this weekend? Tomorrow? Sunday? Can't do Saturday - Bill's leaving Aberdeen party!!:clap: And I'm going to that no matter what my back sais!!!!

So - The Curse of the Wererabbit, anyone?

LM:flower:

Cruella
13th-October-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm going with the family on Saturday. Also want to see Kinky Boots, as it's based on Sara's (one of the midland ceroc venue managers) husbands business. They have cameo roles in it too. She's shown me a trailer it looks really funny!

RachD
13th-October-2005, 02:09 PM
Are you quite sure about that? :whistle:

Greg

Absolutely. Why? Are you challenging me to prove my status? ;)

Sheepman
13th-October-2005, 04:34 PM
Absolutely. Why? Are you challenging me to prove my status? ;) Nah, why would I do that? :whistle:

Greg

RachD
13th-October-2005, 05:30 PM
Nah, why would I do that? :whistle:

Greg

Because maybe you know someone who is a bigger fan than I?

:what: surely that's not possible??

Tiggerbabe
13th-October-2005, 11:54 PM
Also want to see Kinky Boots
Me too! Me too! :clap: :rofl:

David Bailey
14th-October-2005, 07:49 AM
I'm not sure about KB - it looks great (and yes, shoes :rolleyes: ), but it's also got some dire reviews....

I'm Wallace-ing tomorrow though, and probably also seeing Lord Of War tonight. And I saw a History Of Violence last week - one thing about not dancing, I get to catch up on my films!

Next week, Serenity :)

Clive Long
14th-October-2005, 07:58 AM
<< snip >> I get to catch up on my films!

Next week, Serenity :)
When you thinking of going to Serenity, DJ?

CRL

LMC
14th-October-2005, 09:24 AM
I wanna see Serenity too! - non-official-non-dancing Forum outing?

Clive Long
14th-October-2005, 09:41 AM
I wanna see Serenity too! - non-official-non-dancing Forum outing?
I'm getting flashes of Yul Brynner collecting together The Seven (DJ has the hair-style and the black clothes - hmmmm .... spooky ! )

To be clear we are not trying to be "The Ten"

Clive

Little Monkey
14th-October-2005, 10:15 AM
Oh well, I'll just go and see the Curse of the Wererabbit all by my lonesome self, then....:tears:

David Bailey
14th-October-2005, 10:18 AM
Oh well, I'll just go and see the Curse of the Wererabbit all by my lonesome self, then....:tears:
I'm seeing that tomorrow afternoon - you're welcome to come if you want.

Doesn't everyone lives in North London?

Sheepman
14th-October-2005, 12:54 PM
:what: surely that's not possible?? I couldn't possibly comment until I've seen the evidence. :whistle:

Do you think it could be something in the water round these parts, or the beer? :wink:

Greg

John S
14th-October-2005, 01:25 PM
There was a review in The Herald yesterday that suggested the W&G film wasn't quite in the same vein as the earlier films.
http://www.theherald.co.uk/goingout/48757.html

Don't know, as I haven't seen the film yet, and the review may be unfair. But it did worry me a bit that the tie up of Aardman and the Americans could bring about some element of going after the almighty dollar rather than being true to the original.

RachD
14th-October-2005, 03:48 PM
There was a review in The Herald yesterday that suggested the W&G film wasn't quite in the same vein as the earlier films.
http://www.theherald.co.uk/goingout/48757.html

Don't know, as I haven't seen the film yet, and the review may be unfair. But it did worry me a bit that the tie up of Aardman and the Americans could bring about some element of going after the almighty dollar rather than being true to the original.

Hmmm..interesting read. I will hopefully be seeing the film this weekend, so will have to see if this rings true.

I agree with the last bit. Maybe in light of current tragedies in the news the Aardman warehouse burning down isn't such a big deal, however, I do wonder what his personal/private reaction was to losing all of that hard work & hours spent perfecting every last detail of his films. The man is a genius with the patience of a saint.

RachD
14th-October-2005, 03:53 PM
I couldn't possibly comment until I've seen the evidence. :whistle:

Do you think it could be something in the water round these parts, or the beer? :wink:

Greg

How long have you got? :rolleyes:

Nothing in my water... purely 100% natural sheepfan. No artificial additives, colours, preservatives etc. :cool:

Tiggerbabe
14th-October-2005, 06:22 PM
I saw a History Of Violence last week
That's another one I fancy seeing, but if things run true to course I seldom get to see the grown up films........................... kids trailers that looked good included The Corpse Bride, Nanny MacPhee and of course the next Harry Potter :D

David Bailey
14th-October-2005, 06:53 PM
That's another one I fancy seeing, but if things run true to course I seldom get to see the grown up films
It's good - very forumulaic, and a bit over-hyped, but the director (Cronenberg) and the main actor (Viggo) both do superb jobs IMO.

Admittedly, I kept expecting the main character to break into a 5-minute monologue about The Flesh, but maybe I've just seen too many Cronenberg films :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
14th-October-2005, 06:58 PM
It's good
Then I have a mission :D

Cruella
15th-October-2005, 11:10 AM
Not planning to do the workshops at the BFG. So might go and see Kinky Boots during the day, if you fancy it? Anyone else interested?

Tiggerbabe
15th-October-2005, 11:15 AM
Not planning to do the workshops at the BFG.
Sorry Cruella, am demoing for Franck :D and when he's not teaching I've already got my list of workshops I'd like to do :clap:

doc martin
15th-October-2005, 12:15 PM
There is an article about the creation of the film in today's Times

British humour and Plasticine put Hollywood glitz to shame (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1826306,00.html)

It has some comments about the involvement of the American producers....

Cruella
16th-October-2005, 09:18 AM
Went to see Wallace and Gromit yesterday, couldn't believe how busy it was. Got there for 2.30 showing, sold out, so bought tickets for 3.40 and went shopping. Came back at 3.30 couldn't get 4 seats together! So the kids sat seperately elsewhere in the cinema. The film itself had some really cheesy but very funny oneliners. My favourite being "He's lost the bounce from his bungey!" Must remember to use that one sometime! Definately recommend it, had me laughing lots (but i do that easily, have a very immature sense of humour!) Don't recommend sitting in the first row though (only seats left) i had terrible neck ache, would have been better lying on the floor to watch it!

ducasi
16th-October-2005, 08:06 PM
... Don't recommend sitting in the first row though (only seats left) i had terrible neck ache, would have been better lying on the floor to watch it! I could have done with being in the front row when I went to see it this morning, as I forgot to take fresh contact lenses with me on my visit to Aberdeen... :sad: Instead, it was allocated seating, and despite asking the girl at the counter for a seat "as far forward as possible" she stuck me away to one side in the middle. And the whole of the front was empty!!! :really:

I really, really hate allocated seating!!! :angry:

But, from what I saw of the film, I thought it was brilliant!!!

Did you see on the cheese box the label that said "contains nuts"? :D

Clive Long
16th-October-2005, 08:50 PM
Haven't seen the film yet - got better reviews in the English papers than the Scottish it seems

What W&G memorabilia do people have?

Three for me.

1. Car air freshener as the penguin holding the remote control for the Wrong Trousers

2. Egg Cup with cover being the penguin with rubber glove on head to imitate a chicken (clever, clever joke)

and 3. a T-Shirt with W&G confronted by the penguin threatening with a gun - I will wear it when I go and see Curse of the WereRabbit.

Wensleydale? You don't like Wensleydale?

CRL

Tiggerbabe
16th-October-2005, 08:58 PM
What W&G memorabilia do people have?
Well, my son *cough* has a Gromit stuffed toy, which is way cute :D

and yeah, loved the penguin/chicken thing :rofl:

Lynn
16th-October-2005, 09:06 PM
Must go and see this soon. When I was at college we had a Christmas dinner for students and staff and then all piled into the big lounge for a W&G video, so I have a very warm feel good factor about W&G. (No memorabilia but I loved my friend's Shaun bag.)

Went to see Pride and Prejudice last night - any guys admit to enjoying this? I sort of got the impression it was too 'romantic' for guys...

The Curse of the Wererabbit will be more suitable I think!

David Bailey
16th-October-2005, 09:12 PM
Went to see Wallace and Gromit yesterday, couldn't believe how busy it was. Got there for 2.30 showing, sold out, so bought tickets for 3.40 and went shopping. Came back at 3.30 couldn't get 4 seats together! So the kids sat seperately elsewhere in the cinema. The film itself had some really cheesy but very funny oneliners. My favourite being "He's lost the bounce from his bungey!" Must remember to use that one sometime! Definately recommend it, had me laughing lots (but i do that easily, have a very immature sense of humour!) Don't recommend sitting in the first row though (only seats left) i had terrible neck ache, would have been better lying on the floor to watch it!
I saw it with my little one today. Not too busy, but there was a long wait - I keep forgetting how much they pad kiddies films out with adverts and junk... There was a good short film beforehand though, featuring the penguins from the Madagascar film (which I haven't seen).

The film itself was good - I'm not a W&G fan, but even I enjoyed it. The "adult bits" were also funny ("Beware the Moon!", and "Get your angry mob kits here!" were my favourites). Better than the average Disney, but probably not quite up to Shrek levels, in my opinion.

However, that probably makes it by far the most successful Brit animation around - and better than Chicken Run I thought.

I'm seeing Serenity on Weds, then that finishes all the good films for a few months I reckon.

Clive Long
16th-October-2005, 09:14 PM
<< snip >>
Went to see Pride and Prejudice last night - any guys admit to enjoying this? I sort of got the impression it was too 'romantic' for guys...
<< snip >>
< character image suicide >
I love sentimental romatic comedies. Lap up the Hugh Grant stuff. Go less on costume dramas. I had never heard of Rammstein or Nine Inch Nails until I joined this forum
< / character image suicide >

Clive Long
16th-October-2005, 09:16 PM
<< snip>>
I'm seeing Serenity on Weds, then that finishes all the good films for a few months I reckon.
LFF DJ.

CRL

David Bailey
16th-October-2005, 09:24 PM
Oh, whilst we're talking about films, I'm really looking forward to both The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, and King Kong, in a couple of months' time.

Although Philip Pullman clearly isn't... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4347226.stm) - he's quoted as saying the Narnia books "contain a peevish blend of racist, misogynistic and reactionary prejudice" and "not a trace" of Christian charity."

I have to say I think he's got a serious personal agenda there.

Oh, and the article goes on to say "Evangelical Christian groups in the US have backed the movie, seeing parallels between CS Lewis' tales and Bible stories." - well, all I can say is duh. I mean, it's not as if this Aslan = Christ thing is a massive shock or hidden message or something. It's just that CS Lewis represented his beliefs more openly than Tolkien did.

CeeCee
16th-October-2005, 09:26 PM
< character image suicide >
I love sentimental romatic comedies. Lap up the Hugh Grant stuff. Go less on costume dramas. I had never heard of Rammstein or Nine Inch Nails until I joined this forum
< / character image suicide >

Hey Clive that's great news, no damage to your character there, you stay in touch with your sentimental side.

Count me in when the sequels to Notting Hill, Four Weddings, Sleepless in Seattle and Titanic come out, I'll join you. Popcorn or icecream?

David Bailey
16th-October-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey Clive that's great news, no damage to your character there, you stay in touch with your sentimental side.
Oh yeah. Couldn't agree more. You wussy-man, you. Absolutely.

Count me in when the sequels to Notting Hill, Four Weddings, Sleepless in Seattle and Titanic come out, I'll join you. Popcorn or icecream?
The sequel to Titanic? What, "Still sunk"? "Still dead"?

Clive Long
16th-October-2005, 09:42 PM

Oooooh, we could do a whole thread sabotage on romantic films - but I won't.

Except, who caught the "Affair to Remember" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050105) clips in "Sleepless in Seattle"?

As for "When Harry met Sally"? I have eaten in "the" diner where they filmed "the" scene.

Always happy to get in touch with a feminine side.

CRL

CeeCee
16th-October-2005, 10:04 PM
Oh yeah. Couldn't agree more. You wussy-man, you. Absolutely.

The sequel to Titanic? What, "Still sunk"? "Still dead"?

Well done there David, you made me laugh so much my sides hurt. Seriously though, I suppose if you put it like that, never ever in the future of cinematography should there be another film dramatising the story of Titanic. However, we know there will be others.

It's been done so many times before and will be done again, it's a great plot which can be played around with by anyone who thinks they can take it on and make it a little different.

Perhaps strictly speaking they aren't sequels but you know what I mean.

Icey
16th-October-2005, 10:07 PM

I got taken to see this on Saturday night and we both agreed that it was fabulous - it was even his suggestion. As for W&G I'm going to see it soon on a family outing :clap:

Northants Girly
19th-October-2005, 12:37 PM
Went to see it last night :)

My house will be a sanctuary for a things fluffy ;)

Lynn
20th-October-2005, 01:02 PM
It's just that CS Lewis represented his beliefs more openly than Tolkien did.Which seemed to annoy Tolkien - or maybe it was more that Lewis seemed to get more books written more quickly...

[very loosely relevant useless trivia] One of the houses Lewis grew up in is a couple of streets away from where I am at the moment. [/very loosely relevant useless trivia] (Ok - not as interesting as Clive's 'I've eaten in the When Harry met Sally restaurant'.)

Romantic films - rom coms are great fun - and I suppose guys are easier to get to rom coms than 'costume' romance - but I actually thought P&P had more applicable romance in some ways - if it was applied, that is.

dee
25th-October-2005, 04:03 PM
Just got back from watching Wallace and Gromit with my daughter.. Fab film!!! there were lots of really funny parts :clap: didn't really want to go but glad i did now. If you get a chance to see it, it well worth the trip

senorita
25th-October-2005, 04:08 PM
Just got back from watching Wallace and Gromit with my daughter.. Fab film!!! there were lots of really funny parts :clap: didn't really want to go but glad i did now. If you get a chance to see it, it well worth the trip

oh ...its ok for some !! ...dont mind us workers :flower:

doesnt anybody work on here!? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dee
25th-October-2005, 04:12 PM
oh ...its ok for some !! ...dont mind us workers :flower:

doesnt anybody work on here!? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well it's half term, the kids are off, and i thought rather than turn up for my maths course i would catch a film instead :devil:

Don't tell anyone but i didn't have time to do my homework last night:flower: