PDA

View Full Version : Are you getting enough?

ducasi
8th-October-2005, 08:26 PM
Based on Minnie's thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6535) about some dancers' problems of getting the dances they want when there is (perhaps) too aggressive competitors that don't allow them a look in... I thought we needed a poll...

So, are you getting enough dances (usually)?

Piglet
8th-October-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm an extremely happy Piglet usually!

The couple of times I've not been "getting enough" - I've left early :wink:

There's enough guys up here that I enjoy dancing with for different reasons and I usually have a ball!

Gadget
9th-October-2005, 12:15 AM
The couple of times I've not been "getting enough" - I've left early :wink:

Ahhhh - that's why I miss you every now & again. :tears:

Isn't this a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy?

{PS- Not enough: the music always ends too soon and I get kicked out :(}

Piglet
9th-October-2005, 12:37 AM
Isn't this a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy?

Nope cos a couple means 2! And 2 out of over 100 nights of joy is very very minimal :D :D :D

And by early I mean very early! You weren't at the last one that I left really really early at, or I might have hung around a bit longer :wink:

Minnie M
9th-October-2005, 09:09 AM
Based on Minnie's thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6535) about some dancers' problems of getting the dances they want when there is (perhaps) too aggressive competitors that don't allow them a look in... I thought we needed a poll...

So, are you getting enough dances (usually)?
When I first started dancing I would go (4/5 times a week) to every dance I could and dance all evening, both by asking and being asked, now I usually go (1/2 max per week) to a dance where I know some of my friends would be, therefore although I want to dance all evening and leave home intending to, sometimes for whatever reason this sometimes doesn't happen, so I turn the evening into a social and have a good chinwag with my mates.

Unforutunately this has happened quite a lot recently, therefore I have not been dancing as often as I used to (see Lilyb's post on 'that' thread:whistle: )

However, when I do have a good night it is such a 'fix' (like the freestyle at BritRock last night) that all else fades in the backgroung :clap: :flower: :worthy: :yeah: :cheers:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
9th-October-2005, 10:47 AM
I've not really had much chance to get along to Ceroc recently :sad: so i've not had alot dances for the past month! :eek: I think that the number of dances per night can often depend on the venue, if there are less people then obviously you're going to have fewer dances, so your chances of having a few really "good" dances is lower unfortunately.

Lynn
9th-October-2005, 01:33 PM
As I may have mentioned before (sorry to repeat it, :blush: I'm not really whinging, just stating facts...) I can go for months without any dancing, or with any I dancing I do being with absolute beginners (and I mean men who have never danced before and this is their first attempt). Which is lovely in terms of encouraging others but not very satisfying personally in terms of dancing. If I get two or three 'proper' dances I'm doing well. (I think I got 2 1/2 the other week).

So an average of a handful of dances every 3 months or so needs to be balanced out by lots of dancing at weekenders - which is one reason why I'm there in the blues room till 6 or 7am. (Of course even if I was dancing every week, I'd still be there till the end...) And I have to say that I have usually been very happy with the dances I get on these occasions. If I get less its because there are more women than men (in which case I don't expect to get as many dances) or lots of much better dancers (same).

Lory
10th-October-2005, 12:15 PM
I voted that I'm getting enough BUT that doesn't mean to say I don't do my fair share of asking ;)

CJ
10th-October-2005, 12:19 PM
I can't seem to find the "I'm a man and there is no such thing as enough!!" option...
:devil: :whistle:

Piglet
10th-October-2005, 12:19 PM
I voted that I'm getting enough BUT that doesn't mean to say I don't do my fair share of asking ;)
:yeah: Snap!

Lucy Locket
10th-October-2005, 12:32 PM

Ditto :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: