PDA

View Full Version : V O T E for B.F.G.

Dreadful Scathe
7th-October-2005, 07:01 PM
OOOPS!

My web hosting company has just salvaged some files on their server (after a failure) and overwritten the forum voting page. They did this sometime yesterday. Which means anyone who has filled in the forum voting form on Thursday the 6th (yesterday) or Friday the 7th (today) has had their votes sent to the wrong place :( sob :tears: The last one I got was from Tiggerbabe at 12.30am on the 6th (earlier riser, clearly).

So if you did vote, can you please do so again on the fixed form. Ever so sorry about this :(
I shall provide free chocolates at the B.F.G to make it up to you all!

A reminder then....

The B.F.G. is now only a few weeks away....and only a few people bothered to vote and we had even fewer nominations. I expected this though - too complicated for the lot of you (except for a select few - you know who you are). But now we need votes.......and for as many catagories as you can possibly manage too....

VOTING IS ONE CLICK AWAY

go HERE (http://planetscathe.com/feedback.html) and vote

If you have sent me a PM with a vote it WILL be counted but you can vote again if you like if you feel you were not specific enough.

Tiggerbabe
7th-October-2005, 07:07 PM
OOOPS!
The last one I got was from Tiggerbabe at 12.30am on the 6th
Phew! Thank goodness I stayed up past my bedtime :wink:

LMC
8th-October-2005, 11:28 AM
AAAGH! - I did mine yesterday lunchtime :tears: - just hope I can remember who I voted for (they must have been good if I can't... :rolleyes: )

I'll have Bendicks Bittermints please DS :na:

EDIT: :eek: - The categories have changed since I voted yesterday? :confused: - the ones I'm seeing are the same as on the categories thread - but the one I filled in yesterday included "Best Mediator", "Biggest ****-up" and others that I can't now remember - which means that if anyone voted before your service provider 'failed', the results could be interesting :whistle:

Northants Girly
8th-October-2005, 11:35 AM
AAAGH! - I did mine yesterday lunchtime :tears: Yeah me too :tears:

Cadbury's Giant Chocolate Buttons Giant for me please :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
8th-October-2005, 12:17 PM
:( sorry - typical , of all the times they could have done that...and yes the catagories were different last year.

Sweetie orders duly noted ;)

Dreadful Scathe
8th-October-2005, 12:18 PM
...of course i dont know if ill find bendicks bittermints - whatever they are ? :confused:

LMC
8th-October-2005, 12:26 PM
Aw, I hate to see a man all :( - DS, we just messin wiv ya - s*** happens :hug:

Guess the category change thing means everyone will have to vote again anyway, so NG and I aren't special :rofl:

Most big Tesco stores have the Bendicks bittermints (they are :drool: )

Northants Girly
8th-October-2005, 08:23 PM
Aw, I hate to see a man all :( - DS, we just messin wiv ya - s*** happens :hug:Oh duh! :sick:
What are yer like woman? You just waved goodbye to free chocolate!! :eek:

Piglet
8th-October-2005, 10:26 PM
A Little Quezzy:

Have the votes made got to be made in relation to things written on the forum in threads?

Or.... can you vote because of a helpful PM or rep comment?

Or.... can you vote for someone that is a forumite, but who has "helped" you out during a class...

Sorry for being dense. This is quite hard work you know!:blush:

ducasi
8th-October-2005, 10:43 PM
I've tried to keep my voting based on public forum posts, but obviously PMs, reps, and real-life knowledge of people are going to be an influence...

I'd say though that the decision on how you decide to vote is entirely up to you. :nice:

Definitely was a lot harder than I thought it would be, and I knew it was going to be difficult. :o

Piglet
8th-October-2005, 11:02 PM
Cheers for that Ducasi!

Another quezzy (that I meant to ask last time too!)

When is the deadline for getting votes in??

(I have a feeling my 2 week holiday is going to be immersed in reading old threads trying to find the bits that I really like - btw, so far I'm having a ball of a time - just read the Valentine's thread located in the Beginner's section - what a laugh!! How did I miss this before?)

Which leads to another quezzy:

Can you only vote for posts/threads made in the last year??????
(It would be a shame if that were the case, but on the other hand - my reading could be done in less time :whistle: )

ducasi
8th-October-2005, 11:35 PM
Cheers for that Ducasi! No problem, just so long as you don't take what I say as having any intrinsic value. :nice:

When is the deadline for getting votes in?? That's definitely one for DS or Franck to answer, but my guess might be early in the week of the BFG... :shrug:

Can you only vote for posts/threads made in the last year?????? Again, my value-less opinion would be.. Yes, you should probably only base your votes on what has happened during the last year – as if you're voting for threads or people who aren't around much now, your favourites are much less likely to be voted for by Jonny-come-latelys like myself. :nice:

Hope that helps...

Have a good holiday! :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
9th-October-2005, 01:17 AM
Have the votes made got to be made in relation to things written on the forum in threads?

I think I said in another thread that people would interpret things differently, so its really up to you. If the "most helpful" person was only helpful to you through PM its still valid to vote for them,i would say - but I'm not going to specify silly rules, vote for who you think fits the catagory best.

Or.... can you vote for someone that is a forumite, but who has "helped" you out during a class...

This for me, i think, is maybe too far - BUT if you feel you only know them because of the forum and they have helped you then by all means vote for them. Just remember it IS the "forum" awards.

When is the deadline for getting votes in??

I will collate all the results as I get them so no deadline is really needed. I will even check on the Saturday morning of the BFG to see if there are any extra votes coming in....i cant imagine there would be many that do this (thats not a reason to go do it ;) )

(I have a feeling my 2 week holiday is going to be immersed in reading old threads trying to find the bits that I really like - btw, so far I'm having a ball of a time - just read the Valentine's thread located in the Beginner's section - what a laugh!! How did I miss this before?)

Bear in mind we dont expect anyone to have read ALL of the forum - if no names spring to mind for a catagory don't get stressed about HAVING to put a vote in :).

Can you only vote for posts/threads made in the last year??????

I dont know what Francks feeling is on this but I would have thought for the majority of voters this is not an issue - votes will tend to come in (and have) based on fairly recent posts so, not unlike the Oscars, posts in the last few months are bound to get more votes. :)

Also - this really ISN'T the Oscars , its a fun addition to the B.F.G, yu don't need to ask anyone for permisson to vote for what you want to vote for ;).

LMC
9th-October-2005, 12:53 PM
Oh duh! :sick:
What are yer like woman? You just waved goodbye to free chocolate!! :eek:
Whoa, hold on a second :na: - we don't mind *that* much about having to re-do our voting - but we still want free chocolate :drool: :D

should we have a chocolate tart award in next year's BFG?

Piglet
9th-October-2005, 12:53 PM
I will collate all the results as I get them so no deadline is really needed. I will even check on the Saturday morning of the BFG to see if there are any extra votes coming in....i cant imagine there would be many that do this (thats not a reason to go do it ;) )
Wow! That's dedication! And thanks for your replies to my queries :D

Bear in mind we dont expect anyone to have read ALL of the forum - if no names spring to mind for a catagory don't get stressed about HAVING to put a vote in :).
Glad I don't have to have a name for every category - some don't lend themselves to my memory cells at all.
Cheers again :hug:

killingtime
10th-October-2005, 12:33 AM
So if you did vote, can you please do so again on the fixed form. Ever so sorry about this :(
I shall provide free chocolates at the B.F.G to make it up to you all!

You say you lost the votes and have no record of them at all? Why; yes I totally posted on Friday and now I'm going to have to think of them all again. It's not like I was having difficulty choosing or anything that is delaying my post because I definitely posted on Friday :blush:.

I sure hope I get some chocolate...

Dreadful Scathe
10th-October-2005, 01:19 PM
You say you lost the votes and have no record of them at all? Why; yes I totally posted on Friday and now I'm going to have to think of them all again. It's not like I was having difficulty choosing or anything that is delaying my post because I definitely posted on Friday :blush:.

I sure hope I get some chocolate...

Yes I lost them - they got sent to another email address. My mistake. You will get some chocolates - I'll bring a fancy selection :)

Any preference ? :)

CJ
10th-October-2005, 01:22 PM
Any preference ? :)

Godiva chocolates might be pertinent!!

Now, where can we find a naked lady with long hair and a sense of humour.....:whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
10th-October-2005, 01:26 PM
any volunteers? :)

Piglet
12th-October-2005, 05:23 PM
Yippee!

Just sent mine in!

*wiping sweat and tears from face*

:na: :na: :na: :na: :na:

killingtime
12th-October-2005, 05:50 PM
So... ummm; Forum King and Queen. What is that exactly? Is that just some people we think are special or people we'd like to see dance together?

Not like I wouldn't already know this, of course, since, you know, I posted when the servers crashed :blush: (need to play this cool... :waycool:; alright).

Dreadful Scathe
18th-October-2005, 04:49 PM
So... ummm; Forum King and Queen. What is that exactly? Is that just some people we think are special or people we'd like to see dance together?

both. perhaps at the same time. :)

For anyone who has not voted there is still time. Vote Now (http://www.planetscathe.com/feedback.html) or you have no right to moan if Martin Harper wins every single category :)

killingtime
18th-October-2005, 05:13 PM

For anyone who has not voted there is still time. Vote Now (http://www.planetscathe.com/feedback.html) or you have no right to moan if Martin Harper wins every single category :)

I voted :clap: :clap: :clap:. Martin Harper is going to be the King and Queen of the forum :confused:?

Minnie M
18th-October-2005, 05:16 PM

I have voted - but not sure if it was at the time there was a prob :eek: and some votes were lost :sad:

ducasi
18th-October-2005, 05:32 PM
Can you vote for yourself?

I think you shouldn't, but then there may be cases where you just have to...

(I've voted, and not for myself, so the answer to this question won't affect me....)

El Salsero Gringo
18th-October-2005, 05:44 PM
Can you vote for yourself?Only if you're a Jive Ace. In which case your votes count for double because you rock, apparently.

Dreadful Scathe
18th-October-2005, 06:48 PM
:rofl:

you rock far more if you wear yellow :)

Minnie : yes i have got your vote :)