PDA

View Full Version : 'Grease' Spectacular, Daventry - Sat 8th October

Toby wan Kenobe
5th-October-2005, 11:47 PM
:clap: :worthy: :clap: :worthy: :clap: :worthy: :clap: :worthy: :clap: :worthy:

Don't miss the Ceroc Central Grease themed event:
Saturday 8th October.
Two themed classes, fantastic cabaret, lucky dip dance contest.
£10 entry on the door.

7.45 Doors open
2.00am Finish

Rob Ambridge and me on the decks. Modern Jive dance mix - going on Kenobe lounge mix late on.

Daventry Leisure Centre, Lodge Road, Daventry, NN11 5AF
Further info from Emma Pettitt emma@ceroccentral.com

David Bailey
6th-October-2005, 08:01 AM
:Two themed classes, fantastic cabaret, lucky dip dance contest.
£10 entry on the door.

7.45 Doors open
2.00am Finish

OK, whilst I'm probably going, I'm really not keen on all this competition / cabaret / theme / any other other interruptions stuff.

In fact, I'd pay more (£15, say) if it were a 6-hour freestyle session, especially with DJs I like.

Am I just weird on that?

LMC
6th-October-2005, 09:17 AM
One class and lucky dip OR cabaret would be enough for me - lucky dip comps are always fun, but it depends who is in the cabaret as to "which" I would prefer.

Should still leave four hours of freestyle though? :clap:

Zebra Woman
6th-October-2005, 09:22 AM
OK, whilst I'm probably going, I'm really not keen on all this competition / cabaret / theme / any other other interruptions stuff.

In fact, I'd pay more (£15, say) if it were a 6-hour freestyle session, especially with DJs I like.

Am I just weird on that?

You are wierd DJ ...But you are not alone in wanting pure freestyle. I definitely going and looking forward to Twk's late set.:drool:. I will have spent most of the evening sitting down so will have lots of energy left I'm sure.

Those Daventry evenings drive me nuts as my muscles never really warm up until 11.30! I don't understand why the Daventry freetyles are crammed full of dance distractions :confused: . I almost feel like it's attention seeking. Miss Conduct and I willl be in the bar mostly I expect, but not getting drunk of course :innocent: :innocent: .

DavidB
6th-October-2005, 10:04 AM
6 hours solid freestyle would put me off. I would get bored after about 2 hours, and probably leave after 3.

Good cabarets/DWAS etc make the night a lot more interesting.

Northants Girly
6th-October-2005, 10:32 AM
I emailed Emma yesterday to ask about the itinerary for Saturday and this is what she said:

The general plan is:

8pm theme class
8.30pm freestyle
9.00pm team cabaret/theme class/dance contest
9.45pm ish freestyle
10.45pm ish dance comp final/prizes/show case
11pm to 2am freestyle

Cruella
6th-October-2005, 08:50 PM
I emailed Emma yesterday to ask about the itinerary for Saturday and this is what she said:

The general plan is:

8pm theme class
8.30pm freestyle
9.45pm ish freestyle
11pm to 2am freestyle
I love the Daventry freestyles and am gutted i can't make this one.:tears: Love Emma, think she's fab, but she will freely admit to not being very organised, so don't take these times as gospel.:wink: I personally would prefer no classes, maybe just a cabaret and possibly the comp. But as i'm not going to be there it's irrelevant:(

Paul F
7th-October-2005, 12:24 AM
Im in the - less distractions/more freestyle camp.

The last Daventry I went to was good but the constant distractions were annoying. The cabarets had to be 'on the spot' as the original billed guests didnt turn up. The competition had about 50 people in it :sick: . It wasnt a particularly good competition either as most people just chatted between themselves.
I only felt like I was starting dancing about 11:30.

I would definately go again due to the people that were there but would only turn up after 11.

Missy D
7th-October-2005, 08:55 AM

Don't miss the Ceroc Central Grease themed event:
Saturday 8th October.
Two themed classes, fantastic cabaret, lucky dip dance contest.
£10 entry on the door.

7.45 Doors open
2.00am Finish

Rob Ambridge and me on the decks. Modern Jive dance mix - going on Kenobe lounge mix late on.

Daventry Leisure Centre, Lodge Road, Daventry, NN11 5AF
Further info from Emma Pettitt emma@ceroccentral.com

Oh No Looks like i am going to miss a good night:mad:

Promised to Demo at Hammersmith and to meet none dancing friends later. Oh well i am sure there will another time!!

Hope you all have a fabulous time she says with gritted teeth:clap:

robd
7th-October-2005, 09:03 AM
I expect to be there. Really looking forward to it despite long journey (by my curmudgeonly standards). Hope standard of dancing isn't so high that I feel intimidated :sad: Hope standard of dancing is so high that I feel inspired :clap:

Robert

Rebecca
7th-October-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm missing it too :(

Non-dancing committments :mad:

Have a great time y'all :tears:

Zebra Woman
7th-October-2005, 12:20 PM

The general plan is:

8pm theme class
8.30pm freestyle
9.45pm ish freestyle
11pm to 2am freestyle

Two classes???

I don't see how team cabaret/theme class/dance contest can all be done in 45 minutes, the fun classes alone seem to last 45 minutes. :sick:

Plus this dance comp final/prizes/show case must surely take more than 15 minutes too. Hmm we'll see.

The last Daventry I went to was good but the constant distractions were annoying. The cabarets had to be 'on the spot' as the original billed guests didnt turn up. The competition had about 50 people in it . It wasnt a particularly good competition either as most people just chatted between themselves.
I only felt like I was starting dancing about 11:30.

I would definately go again due to the people that were there but would only turn up after 11.

:yeah:

I'm with Paul F :sad:

I'm in the - less distractions/more freestyle camp. I know it's a very long night , but I find it more tiring not to be dancing. Somehow the adrenalin of dancing keeps me going so I don't even notice the time.

DianaS
7th-October-2005, 08:30 PM
It sounds like another great night!! I'll be there..

DavidY
8th-October-2005, 10:17 AM
It sounds like another great night!! I'll be there..:yeah: Me too. See you there!

stewart38
8th-October-2005, 03:20 PM
6 hours solid freestyle would put me off. I would get bored after about 2 hours, and probably leave after 3.

Im Data, sorry captain im running this concept through my computer brain, it is not computing ?? 'I get bored after 2hrs' only comes up with house work ??

Am I just weird on that?

Think comps still ok

Yes caberet etc unless around christmas (people do that sort of thing) not required

Tend to be poor caberets anyway , you know they came 9th at Margate tea dance in 1948 type

Anyway Ill be there :clap: :yeah:

David Bailey
8th-October-2005, 04:25 PM
Can't make it now - dodgy ankle.
Have a nice time anyway, everyone.
Don't mind me.
I'll be OK.
No, really...:tears:

Tiggerbabe
8th-October-2005, 04:31 PM
dodgy ankle.

Who kicked ya? :hug:

David Bailey
8th-October-2005, 04:41 PM
Who kicked ya? :hug:
Ironically, not a dance injury - I twisted it whilst walking on a grass verge. Typical.

It's more or less OK, now (thanks for :hug: -age), but I want to give it at least one more day of rest.

Although it sounds like I could go there and do a lot of resting tonight, watching the entertainment... :whistle:

WittyBird
8th-October-2005, 05:58 PM
Can't make it now - dodgy ankle.
Have a nice time anyway, everyone.
Don't mind me.
I'll be OK.
No, really...:tears:

But you were the only reason I was going :rolleyes:

David Bailey
8th-October-2005, 07:12 PM
But you were the only reason I was going :rolleyes:
Yeah, I get that a lot. It's not easy being me, you know.

Tell you what, you can post a nice controversial "What was the music like for you?" post when you get back, how's that? :whistle:

Trousers
9th-October-2005, 02:36 AM
As ever a fine event!

Purely as a punter I think Emma and her crowd do a fine job and the caberet although taking up dance time are good to watch.

Personally I had a groovy evening and I saw loads of peeps I ain't seen for ages.
Oh and Miss Conduct MMMmmmmmmmmmm You are a stunning dancer. I just wanted to say that again - I loved those dances. ThankYou.

WittyBird
9th-October-2005, 03:12 AM
Fantastic evening Had some truly lovely dances. Great to put faces to some names! Well worth the trip and a fab venue:D

Miss Conduct
9th-October-2005, 04:03 AM
As ever a fine event!

Purely as a punter I think Emma and her crowd do a fine job and the caberet although taking up dance time are good to watch.

Personally I had a groovy evening and I saw loads of peeps I ain't seen for ages.
Oh and Miss Conduct MMMmmmmmmmmmm You are a stunning dancer. I just wanted to say that again - I loved those dances. ThankYou.

Thank you, I enjoyed them too. Maybe next time we should have a few more...

I also had a very good night, well done Emma! The cabaret was very good this time and not too long, Emma & Alex were amazing!!! :worthy: :worthy: Comp. good fun (not just because Mike & I won) very impressed by the system of judging. Enjoyed the music, many thanks to Rob & Toby. :clap: :clap:

ducasi
9th-October-2005, 08:38 AM
Fantastic evening ... Well worth the trip ... :D
What, even without DJ being there? :really:

:wink:

WittyBird
9th-October-2005, 10:28 AM
What, even without DJ being there? :really:

:wink:

Well Northants Girlie Introduced me to another DJ last night a guy from P'boro, after I danced with him all I could say was 'WOW' I couldnt stop grinning from ear to ear it was fab, a dance I will remember for a long time.:rofl: :grin:

DavidY
9th-October-2005, 04:59 PM
I had a good night. :clap:

Lots of people there, it all seemed well organised and (although I wasn't wearing a watch) my guess was that things ran to time. Good music too.:clap:

I watched Grease on video beforehand (yesterday afternoon) and I liked the way that the MC's script for the DWAS comp at Daventry was based on the Dance Contest at Rydell High in the film.:clap:

I don't profess to "do" fancy dress and hadn't planned to do anything - but in town yesterday I did see the fateful words "charity shop" and was drawn in. I ended up spending £12.50 on a leather jacket, plus I spent another £2 on some really cheap sunglasses, which all went well with a cheap white T shirt.

Dancing in a leather jacket was (unsurprisingly) quite hot. Not totally unbearable (leather at least "breathes") - but I can't remember ever downing so much water at a freestye. The cheap sunglasses were so cheap that I could only vaguely see through them - not just the tinting but the "optics" (if there were any) of the lens meant everything and everyone was a bit hazy. Apologies to anyone I just didn't recognise. :blush:

I had some nice dances & met some new folk - it was good to dance with WittyBird for instance. :flower: But there were a lot of people there that I would have loved to dance with but I missed somehow.:blush: Dunno why this was as I wasn't spending long spells sitting down, and don't think I danced more than two dances in a row with anyone - I think I just wasn't very organised about who I asked. :confused:
Apologies to DianaS, Nessa, and others I missed:blush:

Next one is 27 December...

stewart38
9th-October-2005, 07:50 PM
Great night although the music went down hill major after 11pm , why these DJs just cant stick to Jive music i dont know

would def go again (even though 50 miles away) some great dancers there

WittyBird
9th-October-2005, 09:22 PM
I had some nice dances & met some new folk - it was good to dance with WittyBird for instance. :flower:

Thank you :blush: it was fab dancing with you also :waycool:

robd
10th-October-2005, 11:40 AM
I had a good night and got to dance with some forum folk, some knowingly, some probably unknowingly. Lovely huge dance floor though this gave some couples the licence to roam a little extravagantly. I liked the mix of cabaret, competition, class and freestyle even though the competition reminded me that I just fall apart trying to dance to anything vaguely fast :eek:

As others have commented, there were some really excellent dancers there :worthy: and it was worthwhile just to sit and watch some performances. I liked watching the man who came third in the competition (white t shirt, jeans) as he was very stylish (and happened to be dancing in front of where we were sitting!). Also a man in an orange shirt and spectacles (flattering description!) who I watched dancing double time with the girl who came second in the competition - very impressive.

Robert

I expect to be there. Really looking forward to it despite long journey (by my curmudgeonly standards). Hope standard of dancing isn't so high that I feel intimidated :sad: Hope standard of dancing is so high that I feel inspired :clap:

Robert

robd
10th-October-2005, 11:46 AM
He is very good, isn't he? Very attuned to the music and someone I enjoy watching when I do go to Peterborough. I almost threw my partner at him following one dance on Sat night saying "you must dance with that man" (behaviour which wouldn't go down well on another currently active thread :whistle: ). Needless to say, she had a wonderful experience.

Well Northants Girlie Introduced me to another DJ last night a guy from P'boro, after I danced with him all I could say was 'WOW' I couldnt stop grinning from ear to ear it was fab, a dance I will remember for a long time.:rofl: :grin:

LMC
10th-October-2005, 11:49 AM
Next one is 27 December...
Count me in - Saturday was a great night :nice:

Congrats to Msfab and Mike on winning the comp, and congratulations to the cabaret team - you looked great, especially since you were obviously having so much fun :clap:

Don't think I had a 'bad' dance all evening, and several lovely ones - thanks all.

Northants Girly
10th-October-2005, 11:58 AM
Congrats to Msfab and Mike on winning the comp, and congratulations to the cabaret team - you looked great, especially since you were obviously having so much fun :clap:
Think you got the wrong Ms

it was Miss Conduct :D

LMC
10th-October-2005, 07:01 PM
:yeah: - sorry Miss Conduct :blush: - my only excuse is that I was dazzled by your fabulous red shoes :D

Miss Conduct
10th-October-2005, 07:28 PM
:yeah: - sorry Miss Conduct :blush: - my only excuse is that I was dazzled by your fabulous red shoes :D

No probs Hon. Glad you liked the shoes, 'Heavenly Dance Shoes' specials. You were probably more interested in watching Mike anyway...

Bit concerned that everyone seems to me writing my name in red, maybe I should change it to 'Scarlet Woman' :whistle:

Miss Conduct
10th-October-2005, 08:58 PM
Bit concerned that everyone seems to me writing my name in red, maybe I should change it to 'Scarlet Woman' :whistle:[/QUOTE]

Ooops! Blonde moment. :blush: (Blonde life actually) Thank you to the friend who pointed out why I'm now scarlet, in more ways than one.

I really should learn how to use this thing - but then why bother when there's always someone willing to help a damsel in distress...?