PDA

View Full Version : Greenwich Party Night

Missy D
5th-October-2005, 04:14 PM
So who is going to the Greenwich Party Night on 15th October? I have never been before and have just received my ticket.

I know they sell out very quickly so if you havent booked yet, then do so or i will have Russell to myself mmmmm now theres a thought!:innocent:

This is an attempt to attach my first ever link so apologies if its not there! Still have the odd blonde moment!!

www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk (http://www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk/party_nights.htm)

Hope to see you all there!:clap:

Feelingpink
5th-October-2005, 04:37 PM
So who is going to the Greenwich Party Night on 15th October? I have never been before and have just received my ticket.

I know they sell out very quickly so if you havent booked yet, then do so or i will have Russell to myself mmmmm now theres a thought!:innocent:

[SIZE=3]This is an attempt to attach my first ever link so apologies if its not there! Still have the odd blonde moment!!

www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk (http://www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk/party_nights.htm)

Hope to see you all there!:clap:

Love the thread title - why not introduce some jousting into MJ - a new variation :whistle: I'm going - and am 'encouraging' several chaps along too (depends on injuries and whether they have a better offer). I ask you - how could you have a better offer :blush:

You most certainly will NOT have young Russell to yourself young lady. Since starting a thread on this earlier http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6323&highlight=greenwich+party, you'll note that Lory (and KevF) are definitely along. See you there

KatieR
6th-October-2005, 09:27 AM
You most certainly will NOT have young Russell to yourself young lady. Since starting a thread on this earlier http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6323&highlight=greenwich+party, you'll note that Lory (and KevF) are definitely along. See you there

I'll be there too so you ladies might just have a fight on your hands ;)

Russell Saxby
6th-October-2005, 05:29 PM
There are still a number of men tickets left.

We are now selling men and couple tickets only. PM me if you are interested.

Russell
:cheers:

Dan Hudson
7th-October-2005, 11:13 AM
The mighty TWK will be spinning some phat tunes:worthy: :worthy:

which means, la Diva will be there:clap: :clap: :drool: :drool:

Msfab
10th-October-2005, 05:36 PM
So the weekend is fast approaching, boys! Have all you guys got your tickets yet?

Well do you know what you'll be missing out on if you dont go to greenwich this saturday?

You have 2 of the best Djs around :drool: , Lovely hosts :drool: Fab venue!
reasonable numbers = space to dance :whistle:
Tea, coffee and of course Cookies:yum:
Dancing until 11.45

You just cant miss out, it well worth the trip!:clap:

pm russell Saxby or Dan Hudson and they'll sort you out with tickets! :yeah:

See you all there!:flower:

ChrisA
10th-October-2005, 07:22 PM
So the weekend is fast approaching, boys! Have all you guys got your tickets yet?
Yep, and this time could you make sure I find out who you are please?

You're still one up on me there :blush:

Divissima
11th-October-2005, 12:21 AM
Can't wait for Saturday - Greenwich nights are always fab! :flower:

Simon r
11th-October-2005, 03:07 PM
nicole and i will be there will be good to see everyone again

Sparkles
11th-October-2005, 04:29 PM
Can't believe I'll be missing out :tears:.

Have a dance for me, please. :flower:
S. x

Cruella
11th-October-2005, 04:41 PM

S. x
:yeah: Me too, just a tad too far for me to travel. It took about 2 1/2 hours last time i went, but it was a fantastic night.:cheers: Have fun everyone.:hug:

Missy D
11th-October-2005, 04:42 PM

S. x

Ah why cant you come? Was hoping for a dance with you:flower:

Dan Hudson
11th-October-2005, 04:46 PM
:yeah: me too!!:tears: :tears:

Russell Saxby
12th-October-2005, 08:31 AM
Hi All

Men only tickets left.

Men tickets are slowly starting to shift now, but we do need to sell a few more to ensure we have farily even numbers. We are not packing the place out. So there will be room to dance.

Ladies if you have a ticket already, please find a man, and give him a not so gentle nudge in my direction.

I will reserve on door. So you can either PM or call me on 0794 1286933

Russell

Sparkles
12th-October-2005, 09:38 AM
That's very sweet, and of you too, Dan, and I'm sorry to be missing dancing with you both, but the weekend after I'll be flying on holiday to America, so last minute shopping, packing and a trip to see my Mum are on the cards for me. Have a fab time, and save me dances for next time, please :flower: :flower:.

S. x

Minnie M
12th-October-2005, 02:36 PM
That's very sweet, and of you too, Dan, and I'm sorry to be missing dancing with you both, but the weekend after I'll be flying on holiday to America, so last minute shopping, packing and a trip to see my Mum are on the cards for me. Have a fab time, and save me dances for next time, please :flower: :flower:.

S. x

Have a fabby time Sparkles :flower: gonna miss you at the BFG too :tears:

jockey
12th-October-2005, 09:46 PM
I am going - enjoyed it the last time I went.:clap:

Mary
12th-October-2005, 10:54 PM
This is a great night - but, sadly, I am working until quite late so we won't be there this time.

I'm sure everyone will have a ball, you lucky so-and-so's.

M

TiggsTours
13th-October-2005, 09:54 AM
Does anyone know if there are tickets left? I've tried calling Russell, but he's not returned my call.

WittyBird
13th-October-2005, 09:58 AM
I am going courtesy of MissyD :worthy:

Dan Hudson
13th-October-2005, 10:31 AM
Does anyone know if there are tickets left? I've tried calling Russell, but he's not returned my call.

Tiggs- only men tickets left sorry:blush:

Call Russ on his mobile if you don't have it PM me and I will send it

Dan:flower:

TiggsTours
13th-October-2005, 10:39 AM
Tiggs- only men tickets left sorry:blush:

Call Russ on his mobile if you don't have it PM me and I will send it

Dan:flower:
I've tried that, he didn't return my call.

Even with trousers on, I'm not a man though, so I guess I'll have to find something else to do. Thanks anyway Dan.

SilverFox
13th-October-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm going too. *damn smug smiley*

:blush:

Russell Saxby
13th-October-2005, 11:12 AM

Hi Amanda

I only got the one message, on Tuesday I think, I was rushing out so I sent a quick email to your hotmail address - I guess you did not get it??

If you want to come you will need to get a couple of men to come with you.

PM me to let me know.

cheers

Russell

TiggsTours
13th-October-2005, 11:22 AM
Hi Amanda

I only got the one message, on Tuesday I think, I was rushing out so I sent a quick email to your hotmail address - I guess you did not get it??

If you want to come you will need to get a couple of men to come with you.

PM me to let me know.

cheers

Russell
Thanks Russell,

I thought maybe you'd been inundated with last minute phonecalls, for disorganised people like me, and only had time to call people if you did have tickets!

Missy D has said she may have one for me, but I'm sure I can scrape 2 men up from somewhere!

Amanda. x

Russell Saxby
13th-October-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks Russell,

I thought maybe you'd been inundated with last minute phonecalls, for disorganised people like me, and only had time to call people if you did have tickets!

Missy D has said she may have one for me, but I'm sure I can scrape 2 men up from somewhere!

Amanda. x

Missy D ticket has been allocated already. Fantastic if you can scrape up a couple of men. Hopefully not off the bottom of your shoe, and obvioulsy not men who have already indicated to me they are coming.

Fingers crossed - keep me posted.

Russell

P.S. might be an idea to let me have up to date email address for you aswell.

Msfab
13th-October-2005, 02:19 PM

Please TiggsTours not any old men off the street - We'd prefer men that can at least throw a few dance moves together!:rolleyes:

Divissima
13th-October-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm really looking forward to Saturday night :clap: I'm even planning to wear a dress :really: :eek: :what: *scary*:sick:

Msfab, when are you back in London for good? :flower:

Russell Saxby
14th-October-2005, 12:40 AM
Only 8 men tickets left.... numbers should be fairly even if everyone who has said they will collect on the door does.

TiggsTours
14th-October-2005, 12:36 PM
Missy D ticket has been allocated already. Fantastic if you can scrape up a couple of men. Hopefully not off the bottom of your shoe, and obvioulsy not men who have already indicated to me they are coming.

Fingers crossed - keep me posted.

Russell

P.S. might be an idea to let me have up to date email address for you aswell.
Confused now.

Missy D phoned me this morning to say she doesn't need her ticket, and I can have it, it will be on the door for me. Are you saying you've allocated that ticket to someone else? I don't really want to drive all the way to Greenwich if I won't be able to get in!

Russell Saxby
14th-October-2005, 12:44 PM
Confused now.

Missy D phoned me this morning to say she doesn't need her ticket, and I can have it, it will be on the door for me. Are you saying you've allocated that ticket to someone else? I don't really want to drive all the way to Greenwich if I won't be able to get in!

My post was from yesterday - Missy D phoned you this morning :whistle:

A lot can change in the space of 12 or so hours especially when it comes to disorganised forumites :rofl: :rofl:

You do have a ticket on door

If you ask Missy D, I am sure she will enlighten you on all the ticket dealing she has been masterminding :rolleyes:

Russell :flower:

TiggsTours
14th-October-2005, 12:45 PM

A lot can change in the space of 12 or so hours especially when it comes to disorganised forumites :rofl: :rofl:

If you ask Missy D, I am sure she will enlighten you on all the ticket dealing she has been masterminding :rolleyes:

Thanks Russell:kiss: , and thanks Missy D!:clap:

Msfab
14th-October-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm really looking forward to Saturday night :clap: I'm even planning to wear a dress :really: :eek: :what: *scary*:sick:

Msfab, when are you back in London for good? :flower:

Already packed for my trip down to london, will be keeping the legs well hidden!

Only one more very loooooooong week to go :clap: :clap: :clap:
And what am I looking forward to the most? Yes Jango!:yeah:

Missy D
14th-October-2005, 01:11 PM

I feel like i am running some dodgy ticket touting for this party night! *thinks up a scam for next time he he!!). Tiggs i will expain tomorrow.

See you all there from the disorganised Jessica Simpson Forumite!:rofl:

KatieR
14th-October-2005, 01:29 PM
I feel like i am running some dodgy ticket touting for this party night! *thinks up a scam for next time he he!!). Tiggs i will expain tomorrow.

See you all there from the disorganised Jessica Simpson Forumite!:rofl:

As long as you don't lower the quality by offering tickets to just any louse that walks in off the street!

dee
14th-October-2005, 05:46 PM
Wish i was going!! but it's soooooooo far from where i live :tears: oh well looks like i can either stay in or do my food shopping :tears:

Missy D
14th-October-2005, 05:53 PM
Wish i was going!! but it's soooooooo far from where i live :tears: oh well looks like i can either stay in or do my food shopping :tears:

Well that gives you more time to add to the Foxys Den thread:rofl:

How about makes us all a cake for Sunday at Ashtons or a few custard pies to chuck at your favourite forumites:wink: :rofl:

dee
14th-October-2005, 06:00 PM
Well that gives you more time to add to the Foxys Den thread:rofl:

How about makes us all a cake for Sunday at Ashtons or a few custard pies to chuck at your favourite forumites:wink: :rofl:

How about, been as i have nothing to do tonight either, i start making custard pies tonight so we both have enough :rofl:

Missy D
14th-October-2005, 06:05 PM
How about, been as i have nothing to do tonight either, i start making custard pies tonight so we both have enough :rofl:

But Dee your target is quite on the shallow side so you will only need one or two to do the job:wink:

Hey lets not spoil this thread! See you in the Den later!!:rofl:

dee
14th-October-2005, 06:20 PM
But Dee your target is quite on the shallow side so you will only need one or two to do the job:wink:

Hey lets not spoil this thread! See you in the Den later!!:rofl:

Is that in Hal?? :rofl:

Russell Saxby
14th-October-2005, 06:36 PM
Only 2 men tickets left

:clap: :clap: :clap:

under par
14th-October-2005, 07:44 PM
Only 2 men tickets left

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mrs Par and I have managed to sort out 2 tickets and will be at Greenwich too:yeah: :yeah:

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!:cheers:

WittyBird
15th-October-2005, 10:44 AM
Mrs Par and I have managed to sort out 2 tickets and will be at Greenwich too:yeah: :yeah:

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!:cheers:

:yeah: I will be there also
I need to learn how to read a map every website seems to want to send me thru the middle of town oh deep joy :eek:

under par
15th-October-2005, 10:57 AM
:yeah: I will be there also
I need to learn how to read a map every website seems to want to send me thru the middle of town oh deep joy :eek:

That reminds me must check multimap or ask Minnie Mouse for her sat nav directions:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: don't want to be on the road all night!!!!:tears: :tears:

WittyBird
15th-October-2005, 11:00 AM
That reminds me must check multimap or ask Minnie Mouse for her sat nav directions:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: don't want to be on the road all night!!!!:tears: :tears:

This is what the very Kind Russell Pm'd me...:flower:
M25 should be a lot quicker providing no accidents etc

Come off at A2 at head towards London. You then want the Blackheath turn-off. Keep going straight through the lights, over the roundabout. Keep going (You will be surrounded by green grass etc. Greenwich Park will be on your right. You will start to go down hill. When you get to the lights at the bottom turn right and follow to the end. Turn left into Greenwich High Road.

You will pass Station and Novotel Hotel on your right and then the National tyre and exhaust place. Venue is next to that.

Park on main road.

Pretty simple - once you have hit the A2 you only have to get off at the correct exit and then take a right and left turn and you are there.

Thanks Russell your a star :worthy:

WittyBird
16th-October-2005, 01:28 AM
Well I personally had a lovely night... great to put some faces to some names and lovely to see a few others again...

Thank you to... Kev F, Russell,Chris A, Paul F,CLR, Under Par, Stewart38 & Spin Dr for showing me how to dance properly!

Lovely to see Lory,MissyD,JustWiggles,Foxy Lady,TiggsTours & Divissima
Great to meet Dan H & Rebecca

If I have missed anyone out im sorry but when you get (only just) passed 30 they say the memory is the first to go... or is it the hearing.. dunno oh well I had a great night anyway :worthy:

Big Thank you to MissyD for fantastic ticket touting... your a star :hug:

Clive Long
16th-October-2005, 01:34 AM
A really enjoyable evening - I like the size of venue, the amount of space for each dancer, new faces, mix of tunes, really easy drive from Finchley :eek: . Restricting ticket numbers and striving for a male / female balance is a big plus in my book.

Of course, the only problem - it was too brief. I know these venues give you only until midnight or so - and the crew were flying around to clear up after the last dance.

Thanks for all your hard work - I appreciate what you do - I hope you still get enjoyment putting them on. Greenwich Party Night deserves to be one of the "premier" events in the Ceroc calender.

Clive

Paul F
16th-October-2005, 02:00 AM
Just got back now. So tired :)

Enjoyed tonight. I have never been to a venue that has genuinely restricted numbers before. The fact that there were great dancers to dance with with AND space to dance was brilliant. :worthy:

The music was, well, allright. I knew TWK wouldnt get away with playing his usual Jango music :sad: I still quite liked the music. Quite a few of the old faithfulls and quite a few tracks that were way too fast for the heat.

About the heat...:sick: . It was very very hot. Apparently the heating had been on all day and into the evening :what: Every time a fast song came on I pretty much ran for the balcony. It happens at many venues though with these systems on timers.

As long as I can find a better way of getting there from Woking I will defo go back. (took me 1hour 45 to go 37 miles :sick: )

Alykat
16th-October-2005, 11:56 AM
Fab night Russell. Great dancers, great space, a real treat.
Thanks to all the wonderful dancers who danced with me last night :D :drool: :clap: :drool: :D
Sorry to those I didn't manage to dance with enough or even at all :tears: (you know who you are :devil: )

:hug:

Missy D
16th-October-2005, 02:01 PM
What a great night i had last night! Thank you so much to all the Greenwich team:clap: :clap:

So many forumites too lovely to see everyone Wittybird, Silverfox, Gus, Toby, Divisima, Bill, Bex, Simon R, Lory, Kev F, Foxy Lady, Feeling Pink, Sheepy, Chris A, Geordieed, Tiggs, Stewart 38 (sorry if i missed anyone).

Look forward to the next Greenwich party night in December:clap:

Russell Saxby
16th-October-2005, 02:04 PM
Sorry to those I didn't manage to dance with enough or even at all :tears: (you know who you are :devil: )

Nice pants by the way :drool:

Alykat
17th-October-2005, 09:25 AM

Nice pants by the way :drool:

:what: :really: :blush: :blush: :blush: I assume we're talking trousers here?

If so, thanks, I thought they were kinda cool :cool:

stewart38
17th-October-2005, 10:48 AM
Just got back now. So tired :)

Enjoyed tonight. I have never been to a venue that has genuinely restricted numbers before. The fact that there were great dancers to dance with with AND space to dance was brilliant. :worthy:

The music was, well, allright. I knew TWK wouldnt get away with playing his usual Jango music :sad: I still quite liked the music. Quite a few of the old faithfulls and quite a few tracks that were way too fast for the heat.

About the heat...:sick: . It was very very hot. Apparently the heating had been on all day and into the evening :what: Every time a fast song came on I pretty much ran for the balcony. It happens at many venues though with these systems on timers.

As long as I can find a better way of getting there from Woking I will defo go back. (took me 1hour 45 to go 37 miles :sick: )

Didnt like the music far too many 'odd tunes' and very hot/warm

Put the music at Ashton there and it would have been better

Space in a way felt almost too much so one guy who kept spinging all the ladies around at 100mph kept hitting people, i move away for his own saftey :mad:

Some lovely dances though

mooncalf
17th-October-2005, 11:30 AM

Grrrr

Msfab
17th-October-2005, 11:47 AM

Space in a way felt almost too much so one guy who kept spinging all the ladies around at 100mph kept hitting people, i move away for his own saftey :mad:

Sorry Stewart38, Not sure which Greenwich you at:confused: - I thought the music was great from both DJs! Never got a chance to grab a dance off Dan (I'll have to have one at the christmas party, please?)

Thank you to all for all our dances! :drool: I couldnt possibly list everyone. (I wasnt on top form on saturday (Ramadan Fasting))

Loved having loads of room!

My 3rd greenwich party and each one gets better than the last! Big Thank you to the whole greenwich team :worthy:

When can I book my Ticket for the next one!:flower:

Russell Saxby
17th-October-2005, 01:23 PM
Sorry Stewart38, Not sure which Greenwich you at:confused: - I thought the music was great from both DJs! Never got a chance to grab a dance off Dan (I'll have to have one at the christmas party, please?)

Thank you to all for all our dances! :drool: I couldnt possibly list everyone. (I wasnt on top form on saturday (Ramadan Fasting))

Loved having loads of room!

My 3rd greenwich party and each one gets better than the last! Big Thank you to the whole greenwich team :worthy:

When can I book my Ticket for the next one!:flower:

Thanks for all the feedback.

As far as the heating. The venue switches it on in Sept and it stays in until spring, on a timer I think . :mad: but I will raise it with them again.

Also we are trying very hard to get an "official" extenison to midnight (and beyond if I get my way) but with the new licensing laws just around the corner everything is in turmoil... and the venue cannot get a straight answer on existing licences let alone for an extension. I will push again in the new year.

(Same goes for my Am Dram group council have no idea of the regulations and have told us when we do our Panto we may be breaking the law :rofl: :rofl: )

Music - Heard a few comments it was a bit too fast, which I don't agree with, but then again more often or not I was concentrating on the bar and the door. I shall let Dan (or Toby) pick that one up if they want to.

Have to say that when I did get to dance, I got to play around a fair bit - so the music must have been spot on.....then again I am biaised

As for tickets for the next one. SATURDAY 3RD DECEMBER.
Hope to have them ready this weekend

KatieR
17th-October-2005, 01:28 PM
Sorry Stewart38, Not sure which Greenwich you at:confused: - I thought the music was great from both DJs! :

:yeah:

Have to agree, I really loved the music however it did seem very fast all night, and I was on the floor for most of it (although quite tipsy for the first half! ) so was quite exhausted by the time 11.45 rolled around. I s'pose loving the stuff that Twk plays I really loved his set which is why Jango is such a wonderful thing... everybody there loves the music and the people so we dont have the non-believers whinging about they couldn't dance to the music..

Thanks for the dance Russell!! Finally got a whole song and what a great dance it was! :worthy:

Sheepman
17th-October-2005, 02:29 PM
I assume we're talking trousers here? Damn! I was too engrossed to notice the pants!

Nice top btw! :whistle:

I had a good night, too many good dancers for me to get round all of them, but I did have to take a few breaks, after eating too much at the noodle bar beforehand :tears:

Greg

Alykat
17th-October-2005, 02:50 PM
Damn! I was too engrossed to notice the pants!

Now there's a quote! :rofl:

Ok, the trousers passed the :blush: test and I'm convinced that they will not cause embarrassment during backhanders and such moves, I'll definitely wear them again soon! I seem to remember you had on some funky trousers too :waycool:

Nice top btw! :whistle:

Why thank you sir :flower:

I'm glad I was deemed sartorially sound on Saturday :D

Must... shop... for... more... dance... outfits...:devil:

Most importantly, thanks for some wonderful dances Greg! :clap:

under par
17th-October-2005, 02:58 PM
Sorry for the late posting but Mrs Par and I where both a little UNDER PAR on Saturday night. Not really feeling all that great we set off from the south coast with high expectations.
we were not let down really good night:clap: loads of superb dancers:clap:and room to dance.
Our joint feeling of unwell took the edge off our own personal night and I found I sat out more records in one evening than I have during the last six months.

My impression was that some of the music was too fast but not having much energy anyway probably aggravated my interpretation. It was always going to be faster music than jango(of which I am becoming more at ease with) and being a ceroc venue will possibly play a slightly more faster tracks than some other venues but the mix was good and there was plenty of tracks to play to.

I too am looking forward to December 3rd when I hope to be back in full health to dance the night away.

To all the Greenwich team you deserve a big pat on the back for the event you put on especially the male/female ratio, it works out great for all your customers(but especially the ladies who get a better chance to dance all night:worthy: ):clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Msfab
17th-October-2005, 03:08 PM
Sorry for the late posting but Mrs Par and I where both a little UNDER PAR on Saturday night. Not really feeling all that great we set off from the south coast with high expectations.
Our joint feeling of unwell took the edge off our own personal night and I found I sat out more records in one evening than I have during the last six months.

I too am looking forward to December 3rd when I hope to be back in full health to dance the night away.

Funny, Under par!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that you and mrs par were unwell! Hope you get well soon!!! :flower:
You still managed to get round the dance floor :whistle:

Lory
17th-October-2005, 03:43 PM
I really loved the music however it did seem very fast all night,
:yeah: IMO all the tracks were goodies but I could have definitely done with a few slower ones interspersed, cos I was truely knackered at the end :devil: :blush:

But a great night nevertheless...

I'd like to echo that we dancers, really do appreciate the effort made to keep the numbers even and the extra space to dance :cheers:

TiggsTours
17th-October-2005, 05:12 PM
Sorry Stewart38, Not sure which Greenwich you at:confused: - I thought the music was great from both DJs!
:yeah: I thought it was a fab night! Never been to Greenwich on a Saturday before, bit of a trek from Harrow, but it definately won't be my last visit!

Dan Hudson
17th-October-2005, 07:01 PM

Some lovely dances though

Unfortunately there were 120 other people in the room so all music tastes had to be catered for.... I would love to run a night playing all the music I like but it doesn't please the punters or as a consequence pay my bills!!

Ashton music :rofl: :rofl: I didn't realise you had a sense of humour Stewart but that was funny:whistle:

With regards to the other neg comments, the heating was out of my control, I tried in vain from 5pm to get it turned off, but all on or none on, and the key was not there to open the boiler room.

Thanks for all the + feedback regarding numbers, it is so hard to keep numbers both even and down!! We could have sold another 50 tickets on saturday alone..bigger venue required.

We do try, but obviously you can't please everyone:tears: Great to see so many fab dancers there and hope to see you all again in December.

Clive:cheers: Thanks
Up and Mrs UP hope you feel better soon, thanks for making the effort !:flower:

Cruella
17th-October-2005, 07:10 PM
OK sounds like i missed another great night at Greenwich:tears: Really did make the wrong choices this weekend! Should have done this and Jango tonight instead of the two i did do.:sad: So sod the 2 1/2 hour drive i'm definately coming to the december one, just need to cadge a bed from a local:whistle:

jockey
18th-October-2005, 12:00 AM
What I want to know is "did I dance with Witty Bird and Missy D?"
My distinguishing features: Blue and White shoes. leather jeans. winning smile(?);
Actually had a gruesome evening after a bright start as my "knee tendon problem" resurfaced after an hours dancing (which had been great) and I had to sit out a fair bit towards the end (in common with the golfing couple, Under par and partner); when I did dance it rammed home to me the importance of correct footwork (that old 180 degree multple scenario)- if it was footperfect no pain; a degree or two out-twinge. (Yes, I know I shouldnt have been on the floor; and sorry to the self-confessed beginner whom I had to refuse (next time)).
Divissima is a darling cos she came and talked to me over coffee as I was sat all alone and revived my spirits with a (footperfect) performance as the evening drew to a close. m a little bit rocknroll so latin flavour is not ones chosen brew but Toby is such an "egg" I allow myself to be persuaded for a moment or two..
It was nice to see a lot of familiar faces, one or two with reasons to celebrate, and I felt I was amongst people who shared a passion - for music and dancing.. one which I couldnt fully indulge in due to being "under par"..
Just thinking of a couple who have moved on to pastures new (well, outback)...and, who I know will be keenly scanning the forum for reviews of this event...X

Missy D
18th-October-2005, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=jockey]What I want to know is "did I dance with Witty Bird and Missy D?"
My distinguishing features: Blue and White shoes. leather jeans. winning smile(?);

/QUOTE]

I never saw anyone in leather jeans:drool: *a brave man you are confessing the blue and white shoes ssssshhhhhhhhh!*

Thinking back what was i wearing? ah yes white skirt with a high split and a tie up top. Did we dance?

I danced with as many as i could that night and my legs are still very stiff!

Andreas
18th-October-2005, 12:37 PM
I did dance with a number of new ladies but my brain is overloaded with dancing ... so how am I supposed to remember names? :confused: :blush: Anyway, thanks for the dances :)

As for the music, I liked most of it, which was good. Yes, on average it was a bit fast, particularly considering the high temperature. And I could also see why the event finishes at about midnight: my last bus left at 0:45 :D

Having plenty of space was certainly a plus and a luxury hardly seen these days.

Russell Saxby
18th-October-2005, 12:50 PM
my last bus left at 0:45 :D

all that spare time to kill.. you could have helped with the clearing up :whistle:

Divissima
18th-October-2005, 09:04 PM
*tsk*Didn't get to meet Alykat and TiggsTours and I still haven't managed to fight my way to the head of the queue to dance with Russell :sad: Next time, I hope :flower:

There were some gorgeous outfits there too :waycool:

Andreas
18th-October-2005, 10:22 PM
all that spare time to kill.. you could have helped with the clearing up :whistle:

I might do that next time. As this was my first time there I had no idea when the last bus would be until I got to the stop. And not having a clock with me had me tremble in anticipation of a long walk for 20 minutes :blush: :whistle:

And who were you? I must have seen you but socialising at a dance has never been strength of mine :sick: :flower:

foxylady
18th-October-2005, 10:41 PM
I might do that next time. As this was my first time there I had no idea when the last bus would be until I got to the stop. And not having a clock with me had me tremble in anticipation of a long walk for 20 minutes :blush: :whistle:

And who were you? I must have seen you but socialising at a dance has never been strength of mine :sick: :flower:

Next time sweetheart, as thanks for all the wonderful dances, I'll drive you home... to save you the looong walk to the bus stop :wink:

Andreas
18th-October-2005, 10:54 PM
Next time sweetheart, as thanks for all the wonderful dances, I'll drive you home... to save you the looong walk to the bus stop :wink:

:D Don't be silly. Next time I know to bring a time piece with me, hence reduce the stress level :rofl: :flower:

Russell Saxby
18th-October-2005, 11:37 PM

I was the one flitting from the bar to the front desk to the dance floor and then back to the bar.... and then clearing up at the end... does that help???

spindr
19th-October-2005, 12:05 AM
There were some gorgeous outfits there too :waycool:
Some of them were blinding!!!

SpinDr

Andreas
19th-October-2005, 09:09 AM
I was the one flitting from the bar to the front desk to the dance floor and then back to the bar.... and then clearing up at the end... does that help???

You are sooo helpful :yum: :rofl:

Russell Saxby
19th-October-2005, 11:03 PM
Date for next party is 3rd December :clap:

If you want tickets all details are on www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk :cool:

stewart38
20th-October-2005, 02:14 PM
Unfortunately there were 120 other people in the room so all music tastes had to be catered for.... I would love to run a night playing all the music I like but it doesn't please the punters or as a consequence pay my bills!!

Ashton music :rofl: :rofl: I didn't realise you had a sense of humour Stewart but that was funny:whistle:

Thanks for all the + feedback regarding numbers, it is so hard to keep numbers both even and down!! We could have sold another 50 tickets on saturday alone..bigger venue required.

I thought you wanted 'feed back' not just +ve, by 'odd' i meant fast , if you want to ridcule those who give -ve feedback so be it :sad:

I preferred Ashtons music on the sunday but thats just me :yeah:

It was still a great night and I had great dances etc :yeah:

Dan Hudson
20th-October-2005, 02:26 PM
I thought you wanted 'feed back' not just +ve, by 'odd' i meant fast , if you want to ridcule those who give -ve feedback so be it :sad:

I preferred Ashtons music on the sunday but thats just me :yeah:

It was still a great night and I had great dances etc :yeah:

not ridiculing, more finding amusement by the ashtons comment... never had a good night there yet, but thats just me..:blush: from what I understand it is brilliant..:flower:

not sure how much fast music was played... can remember definately two v fast tracks i played... most was just middle of the road IMHO.

One guy did ask me to play some songs he could Ceroc to,:what: sandwiched in between ace of base and basement jaxx , two standard middle of the road (boring some would argue) tunes!! :angry: :mad: funny bloke.. bless him:whistle: