PDA

View Full Version : The Rep Thread

Robin
5th-October-2005, 11:04 AM
Ok - further to various rep seeking individuals, I thought it might be good to have a rep thread specifically for the purpose of getting rep.

So if you are feeling unloved, left out, unappreciated etc,etc and soforth , post here with your reasons and those who fancy can rep you.

Simple.

Also works for neg rep too - if you think you've been bad.... !

stewart38
5th-October-2005, 11:16 AM
Problem with this is if you go looking for yep you might get negative rep so its a bit risky :what:

Anyway I managed to save up a £1 in the last few weeks and am off to give it to a local charity as their needs will always come before mine.

Now to find a local bus (is that rain in the air ?) that will take me to the local train station etc so I can get there

bye for now :whistle:

LMC
5th-October-2005, 12:25 PM
DJ has raised rep-tarting to an art form and IMO that's quite funny in moderation.

Of course +ve rep is always nice, but rep potential isn't the first thing I think of when I post - although I may comment on it as an afterthought if I'm being controversial. What I want to say is more important - I don't self-censor for fear of consequences in the form of negative rep. Unfortunately it seems that there is a growing trend to attach more importance to the rep system than I think it really deserves - is this at the expense of content? - do people post with an eye to gaining +ve or avoiding -ve rep?

stewart38
5th-October-2005, 12:30 PM
Some people just give -ve rep for the sake of it. Thankfully there few and far between

WittyBird
5th-October-2005, 12:36 PM
IMO everyone has an opinion and everyone is entitled to fully believe and voice their opinion. Not everyone will agree with it and some people will feel strongly enough to give either positive or negative rep and its their right to.
The most important thing is that everyone has and does voice their opinions because without opinions there wouldnt be a forum. :grin:

Icey
5th-October-2005, 01:47 PM
So far all the rep I've got is from people thinking that something I've said has amused them and made them laugh or that they agree with something I've said and think it rep-worthy. I would rather 'earn' my rep in this way than to have it handed out willynilly. Afterall a reputation (good or bad) is something that has to be earned.

ducasi
5th-October-2005, 02:01 PM
I think explicit touting for rep is shocking! :really:

(And maybe someone will agree with me and like to say how much they "approve" of my post. ;))

Lynn
5th-October-2005, 02:05 PM
So far all the rep I've got is from people thinking that something I've said has amused them and made them laugh or that they agree with something I've said and think it rep-worthy. I would rather 'earn' my rep in this way than to have it handed out willynilly.
:yeah:

David Bailey
5th-October-2005, 02:36 PM
DJ has raised rep-tarting to an art form and IMO that's quite funny in moderation.

So do I get some.... nah, even I'm not that shameless. And I'm now really nice, so maybe it's time for a change of heart.
:whistle:

stewart38
5th-October-2005, 02:39 PM
whats happen to the rep

Has it been restarted all over again ???

Lynn
5th-October-2005, 02:39 PM
I see our rep total has now disappeared - so no longer any way of telling if someone has given you rep unless you keep checking in User CP. I liked the rep total as that nudged me to look to see any comments given - can we have it back, pretty please? :flower:

Lynn
5th-October-2005, 02:41 PM
whats happen to the rep

Has it been restarted all over again ???
No, its just not being shown any more. But I think maybe we have enough new changes for now without changing the rep system as well?

stewart38
5th-October-2005, 02:55 PM
No, its just not being shown any more. But I think maybe we have enough new changes for now without changing the rep system as well?

Its back :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

god i need a new job

Robin
5th-October-2005, 02:57 PM
Its back :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

god i need a new job

hmm i can't see it

stewart38
5th-October-2005, 03:37 PM
hmm i can't see it

can you see it now :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

under par
5th-October-2005, 03:45 PM
I've just been out and helped an elderly blind lady cross the road.

i've also just reminded a very confused gent where the alzheimers self help group was meeting... funny thing no one else turned up.

i feel really good about my day so far I just can't wait to help someone else!

Do I deserve any rep?

stewart38
5th-October-2005, 03:52 PM

i've also just reminded a very confused gent where the alzheimers self help group was meeting... funny thing no one else turned up.

i feel really good about my day so far I just can't wait to help someone else!

Do I deserve any rep?

If anyone ever deserved rep, then its for these good needs. Id give you some myself but I should be at some meeting or other ??

Do my pics of the jive aces (:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ) get any ??

Gojive
5th-October-2005, 03:56 PM

Do I deserve any rep?

Yes, -ve rep!! She was actually quite happy walking in the side she was on! :wink:

Gojive
5th-October-2005, 03:58 PM

:rofl: I say yes for that!

EDIT: But I can't give you any - the spread it police have intervened!

under par
5th-October-2005, 04:02 PM
If anyone ever deserved rep, then its for these good needs. Id give you some myself but I should be at some meeting or other ??

Go on then have a little rep...U.P.:yeah:

Minnie M
5th-October-2005, 04:06 PM
:yeah: :rofl: :rofl:

stewart38
5th-October-2005, 04:52 PM

Look their clapping "no Bady no bady no bady " !! their going too fast !! I thought they had slowed down more recently

Robin
6th-October-2005, 01:04 AM
DJ - just thought of a new tagline for you -....

"Rep Me loads - I'm trying to break the board software !"

David Bailey
6th-October-2005, 08:22 AM
DJ - just thought of a new tagline for you -....

"Rep Me loads - I'm trying to break the board software !"
Well, I am currently looking for a new sig.

Maybe I should rent out my sig space or something (1 rep/day)? :whistle:

Ghost
6th-October-2005, 03:15 PM
Hypothetically speaking..... :whistle:

Could say, half a dozen people with nothing to do for an afternoon rep each other continuously?

Just curious if there are any actual "safeguards" eg max number of rep you can give a day, no multiple rep for the same post etc

Course you'd need a way of identifying 5 other people who would be interested.... :whistle:

Take care,
Christopher

Tiggerbabe
6th-October-2005, 03:28 PM
Could say, half a dozen people with nothing to do for an afternoon rep each other continuously?
No, they can't. You have to spread rep about before you can rep the same person again.

Just curious if there are any actual "safeguards" eg max number of rep you can give a day, no multiple rep for the same post etc

Yes, there are.......can't remember the number exactly but only so much rep per day that you can give. The same post can't be repped again by the same person.

Ghost
6th-October-2005, 04:11 PM
No, they can't. You have to spread rep about before you can rep the same person again.

That's why you'd need the other 5 people. You give rep to person 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 then 5 then 1 again.

Yes, there are.......can't remember the number exactly but only so much rep per day that you can give.

I think it's 10 or 12 reps a day, and you've got to rep 4 or 5 other people before rep-ing someone again. (No idea if he's right though)

The same post can't be repped again by the same person.
But if someone were to make 2 posts a day or had already made a lot of posts then that wouldn't be a problem.

Take care,
Christopher

(On a more serious note, I'm just playing here and have no intention of actually doing this. For a start high-lighting the plan to a moderator and then discussing the details with her would be considered somewhat of a flaw. :cheers: Thanks for the answers )

bigdjiver
6th-October-2005, 04:30 PM
... For a start high-lighting the plan to a moderator and then discussing the details with her would be considered somewhat of a flaw. :cheers: OT: Our local cheapo shop sells a "Spy Calculator". It has a radio mic built in. Emblazoned across the top of it is "Spy calculator" :confused:

LMC
6th-October-2005, 04:36 PM
That's why you'd need the other 5 people. You give rep to person 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 then 5 then 1 again.
No, you're not allowed to do that unless you join the secret syndicate.

Oops

Tiggerbabe
6th-October-2005, 04:38 PM
T(On a more serious note, I'm just playing here and have no intention of actually doing this.
I didn't think for one minute that you were :wink: (but we'll be keeping a very close eye on you now, of course :whistle: )

Ghost
6th-October-2005, 05:51 PM

Oops
:rofl:
Christopher

Lynn
6th-October-2005, 10:56 PM
I think if we knew all the work the moderators did then their rep would be very high! Some kind moderator fixed a mistake I had made (and only noticed too late to edit so had to make another post) on another thread. I don't know who it was so can't rep them - but thank you whoever! :hug:

Gojive
6th-October-2005, 11:28 PM

Oops

There wouldn't be ten in this secret syndicate would there by any chance S? :wink:

Baruch
7th-October-2005, 12:16 AM
There wouldn't be ten in this secret syndicate would there by any chance S? :wink:
So does anyone else want to be in my top 10? :wink:

under par
7th-October-2005, 12:25 AM
I had another really good day, i gave ice creams to a group of children from the
local swimming club. they were collecting for the new pool I gave them a bucket of water.

I also took an injured bird to the vets.... she was most upset wanted to go to A&E.

I believe my good deeds deserve a little rep don't YOU??

Robin
17th-November-2005, 10:48 PM
Just thought it needed reviving - and I should point out that I am not, in fact, a rep seeking individual unlike some other misguided forum members - I just have a strange sense of humour.