PDA

View Full Version : Ballroom Queens and Latin lovers

DianaS
5th-October-2005, 09:43 AM
Just had to start this thread!!!
If you do ballroom or latin let me know so I can proposition you appropriately next time we meet at a freestyle. Also if you have any good classic or contemporary tracks that are good to practice with Please share

Tessalicious
5th-October-2005, 11:37 AM
If you do ballroom or latin let me know so I can proposition you appropriately next time we meet at a freestyle. Also if you have any good classic or contemporary tracks that are good to practice with Please shareAlso rumba, foxtrot (slow rhythm or proper) and the lovely Viennese, when allowed. But I can only really lead a cha, and that not very well.

I'll put up a list of some of my favourite 'you can dance ballroom to this, honest you can' tracks when I get home from work.

spindr
5th-October-2005, 12:28 PM
What no (non-modern) jive?
SpinDr.

LMC
5th-October-2005, 12:35 PM
What no (non-modern) jive?
SpinDr.
I had about 3 lessons late April/early May (the ballroom lessons changed style every 3 weeks).

Seems like WCS is also derived from and closer to traditional jive (triple steps & all...)

Sparkles
5th-October-2005, 04:13 PM
Can also lead all of the above (as long as you mean ballroom tango and not Argentine) plus the other Ballroom and Latin dances (but only to Gold level, stopped learning to lead the higher grades as would never have an oppertunity to use them).
Catch me for a dance next time :flower:
S. x

DianaS
5th-October-2005, 04:42 PM
Can also lead all of the above (as long as you mean ballroom tango and not Argentine) plus the other Ballroom and Latin dances (but only to Gold level, stopped learning to lead the higher grades as would never have an oppertunity to use them).
S. x
Sarah Thats really good to know!:flower:
Have you got any favourite tracks to practice to? I've only just started so will be building a new sounds collection :nice:

Clive Long
5th-October-2005, 10:43 PM
If you do ballroom or latin let me know so I can proposition you appropriately next time we meet at a freestyle. << snip >>
There is an Australian guy, Nick, who often goes to Ashtons. He is a lovely ballroom and Latin dancer - I saw him do Samba with a pretty young thing at Southport - great fun. If you and him (and me) are at Ashtons on the same night I'll point him out to you.

Clive

LilyB
7th-October-2005, 06:20 PM
S. x

:yeah: :worthy: :yeah: :worthy: :yeah: :worthy:

LilyB

DianaS
7th-October-2005, 07:29 PM
There is an Australian guy, Nick, who often goes to Ashtons. He is a lovely ballroom and Latin dancer - I saw him do Samba with a pretty young thing at Southport - great fun. If you and him (and me) are at Ashtons on the same night I'll point him out to you.

Clive
I am SO going to have to practice before I meet up with him:worthy:
I'm only a beginner:flower: