PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Kids TV Shows

Dizzy
4th-October-2005, 03:47 PM
Ok, I am sure that most of you have had this conversation with your mates and one point or other so I thought I would bring it to the forum.

What TV shows were your absolute favourite as a kid?

What did you run home from school to watch?

I know for me, there was a show called T-Bag with a boy called T-Shirt and then there was Knightmare, which was a very, very early computer graphics 'Dungeons & Dragons' type game show.

Any others?

Aleks
4th-October-2005, 03:50 PM
Cities of Gold
Dungeons & Dragons
Banana Split
Mr Ben
Bagpuss
Jackanory (I like books)

WittyBird
4th-October-2005, 04:02 PM
ooops this is where I show my age....

Magic Roundabout - " I'm working myself up into an absolute frenzy, "
Hart Beat (with Morph)
Mr Ben - "and as if by magic"
Captain Caveman
Godzilla
Chorlton & The Wheelies - " 'ello little old lady"

:rofl:

Msfab
4th-October-2005, 04:08 PM
Rentaghost was the best! :rofl:

Oh and Wacky races! :rofl:

Minnie M
4th-October-2005, 04:12 PM
Muffin the Mule :whistle:

Trousers
4th-October-2005, 04:22 PM
Marine Boy - With his Oxygum

The Tomorrow People

I was a Blue Peterite - Never got on with Magpie.

But i did like How

Noggin The Nog - I have inflicted hours of pain on my kids cos i found a book with 4 Nog tales and three of them on a cassette - Read by Oliver Postgate him self. Absolutely fabulous. "Hello Noggin" said Graculus

Ickle Chick'n
4th-October-2005, 04:23 PM
ooops this is where I show my age....

Magic Roundabout - " I'm working myself up into an absolute frenzy, "
Hart Beat (with Morph)
Mr Ben - "and as if by magic"
Captain Caveman
Godzilla
Chorlton & The Wheelies - " 'ello little old lady"

:rofl:
Wow I was just having a conversation about Heart beat and Morph the other day! I also remember t-bag and cities of gold!

Also Thundercats
Sport Billy (that noone I know seems to have seen!)
Heman before they gave him a ponytail!!!
Carebears
The list goes on, I get to excited and could get carried away so I'll restrain myself!

Rhythm King
4th-October-2005, 04:53 PM
Anything by Gerry Anderson was (erm, is) just F A B :clap:
Dr Who
TISWAS :rofl:
Ace of Wands
Blue Peter, of course,
Freewheelers
Robin Hood - no the proper one with Richard Greene
The Flashing Blade
Robinson Crusoe (loved that music)
Richard The Lionheart (I wonder why? :rolleyes: ) with Dermot Walsh, on whom my sister had a major crush, prior to A of W coming on the scene
And loads more, but I'm beginning to sound like a tv junkie :blush:

LMC
4th-October-2005, 05:00 PM
Rentaghost (I had a huge crush on Timothy Claypole - I was 8, OK?)

The original Scooby Doo (before that annoying Scrappy)

Tiswas (Phantom Flan Flinger :clap: )

Hong Kong Phooey (well silly!)

The Adventure Game ("Mind Uncle..." - the aspidistra)

are the ones that spring to mind first...

killingtime
4th-October-2005, 05:03 PM
Cities of Gold

"Oh, ohoweoh; some day we will find the Cities of Gold".

Yeah I enjoyed that too.

Dungeons and Dragons.
Knightmare
Heman

Tessalicious
4th-October-2005, 05:11 PM
...and then there was Knightmare, which was a very, very early computer graphics 'Dungeons & Dragons' type game...Oh yeah baby, bring on the Knightmare. They should so bring that back with up-to-date graphics, I'd be running home from work, let alone school.

Others I used to watch as a kid, but not during 'kids TV hours' were Mork and Mindy and Captain Scarlet. Before my time you think? Ah, the joy of endless repeats of 70's shows on Channel 4.

TiggsTours
4th-October-2005, 05:19 PM
In order to not repeat loads, as there are loads of great ones here, I'll have to rack my brains a bit, but there's a couple that need repeating:

Mr Ben
Cities of Gold
Chorlton & the Wheelies
The Adventure Game

OK, I don't think any of these have been mentioned:

Why Don't You
Grange Hill (in the days of Tucker Jenkins, of course)
The Flumps
Rhubarb & Custard
Take Hart
Animal Magic
Bod
Camberwick Green, Trumpton & Chigley
Dangermouse
Fingerbobs
Blockbusters

and does anyone remember Chockey?

Purple Sparkler
4th-October-2005, 05:31 PM
Oh yeah baby, bring on the Knightmare. They should so bring that back with up-to-date graphics, I'd be running home from work, let alone school.

You can sign up for the campaign here:

http://www.bringbackknightmare.co.uk/

And LMC- I remember the Adventure Game! I thought I was the only person who did. The Vortex used to really creep me out.

I also loved: Dungeons & Dragons, Thundercats, The Chronicles of Narnia, Cities of Gold, Pigeon Street, Sesame Street, and King Rollo.

Dance Demon
4th-October-2005, 05:51 PM
Muffin the Mule :whistle:

Yeh Minnie.......but what was your favourite programme :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl:

philsmove
4th-October-2005, 06:01 PM
The Loan Ranger
William Tell
The Cisco Kid
Robin Hood
Ivanhoe

CRACKERJACK

with Shaman Android

Lynn
4th-October-2005, 06:47 PM
Early days - Mr Benn, Bagpuss.

I remember the Adventure Game too PS.

A bit older - Rentaghost, Grange Hill.

Will have to think more...

And does anyone else remember something about a panda called Izzy something or am I going mad?

Clive Long
4th-October-2005, 07:01 PM
Andy Pandy

Play School with Brian Cant (a performing genius)

Roobarb and Custard - Da da da dar! Da da da dar! ( a really charming series of video short interviews with Grange Calveley the writer, here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/2004/09/21/14566.shtml) )

Captain Scarlet

Thunderbirds - are go !

Blakes 7

The Clangers

Batman - Kerpow! Holy spaghetti Batman !

Basil Brush - Boom, Boom, Mr. Roy!

Clive

Lynn
4th-October-2005, 07:06 PM
Blakes 7Oh, this was my favourite!

I think I rather liked Avon's intelligent and controlled demeanour (even though he got a bit grumpy at times) and Orac - a plastic box with flashing lights :rofl:. I even liked the theme tune.

Dreadful Scathe
4th-October-2005, 07:08 PM
rentaghost was rubbish :)

but i did like ....

Pipkins
the smurfs
champion the wonder horse
the clangers
vicky the viking
chorlton and the wheelies
the goodies

Lynn
4th-October-2005, 07:11 PM
Pipkins Was that what I remember as Pipkins workshop with Hartley Hare ('Its time for a story' with all the clocks)?
the smurfs No, really?

Missy D
4th-October-2005, 07:17 PM
Wow all these fond memories of old tv programmes! I have so many old favourites like:-

Bagpuss
Andy Pandy
Clangers
Skippy the bush kangaroo
Daktari
Camberwick Green
Trumpton
Which one had Windy Miller in it?
Bill and Ben the flower pot men with little weed
Magic roundabout
Mr Benn
Blue Peter
The Tomorrow People
Wurzel Gummidge

I absolutely hated:-

Michael Bentines Potty Time
Pugwash

ShinyWeeStar
4th-October-2005, 07:59 PM
And does anyone else remember something about a panda called Izzy something or am I going mad?

I remember a children's book called "Issi Pandemonium" about a panda who was always getting into mischief, but I don't know whether it made it to TV or not...

ShinyWeeStar
4th-October-2005, 08:11 PM
My favourite kids tv shows include:

Greenclaws (loved it!) :clap:
Sesame Street
Blue Peter
Simon and the Witch (liked watching them dance down the lane in the credits too)
Superted
Fingermouse
Mork & Mindy (Nanoo nanoo!)
The Poddington Peas
Bodger & Badger
Jimbo and the Jet Set (Jimbo, Jimbo-o, Jimbo-o-o-o)
Alvin and the Chipmunks (de, de, de de de de)
Bertha (lovely Bertha...you are a lovely machine)
Lassie
Skippy

(there must be more...if I remember any others I'll add them later!)

I was in several float parades at uni and a couple of years back we chose 80s kids tv as our theme ... it was brilliant hearing all the old theme tunes! My friend and I dressed up as Bee Have and Bee Quiet from "Stop it and tidy up!" (with the wonderful Mr Wogan), though I don't think the crowd really recognised us...we were just the "big fat bumble bees" :rolleyes:

Lynn
4th-October-2005, 09:09 PM
I remember a children's book called "Issi Pandemonium" about a panda who was always getting into mischief, but I don't know whether it made it to TV or not...I have something like Issy Noho in my head...

Missy D
4th-October-2005, 09:12 PM
Oh no forgot Mary, Mungo and Midge :clap:

ShinyWeeStar
4th-October-2005, 09:12 PM
I have something like Issy Noho in my head...

Maybe not then :rolleyes:

Missy D
4th-October-2005, 09:16 PM
I have something like Issy Noho in my head...

This rings a bell!! this is going to drive me crazy now!

Where did Izzy Wizzy lets get busy come from? :confused:

Lynn
4th-October-2005, 09:18 PM
I'm not going mad (well, not tonight anyway) - Issi Noho was about a magic panda in a box that said 'This side up, Use no hooks' and the issi and noho from the middle of the sign on the box was how he got his name. He even has a website.

philsmove
4th-October-2005, 10:11 PM
!

Blakes 7

JENNA STANNIS
The feisty, gutsy space smuggler, blasting baddies, flashing cleavage and defending Blake to the hilt as he kicked Federation ass!

:drool: :drool:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-October-2005, 10:30 PM
This rings a bell!! this is going to drive me crazy now!

Where did Izzy Wizzy lets get busy come from? :confused:

The Sooty Show of course! Sweep was my hero and that strange evil looking black dog puppet with the teeth - respect!!

:)

El Salsero Gringo
4th-October-2005, 10:35 PM
Does anyone else remember a cartoon about a mechanical egg called Ludwig? And Multicoloured Swap Shop, on Saturday mornings?

I also hated Michael Bentine's Potty Time, and The Basil Brush Show (boom boom), because it was on before Dr.Who.

Minnie M
4th-October-2005, 10:41 PM
Yeh Minnie.......but what was your favourite programme :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl:
:blush:

dee
4th-October-2005, 10:49 PM
Mine has to be

Magic roundabout i had the wallpaper, curtains the lot :blush: well i was only iccle.

Hickory House
Rainbow
Bagpuss
Camblewick Green
Finger Mouse
Rhubarb and custard
Sooty

Brings back Memories

Minnie M
4th-October-2005, 10:50 PM
I use to watch the children programs with my son when he was young, my favourite then was a cartoon family who lived in the West Country and the mum & dad called each other Mother and Father and they had strong Devon type accents - it was called something to do with the woods :confused: anyone remember it :blush: please (clue: my Jack is 38)

BTW has anyone mentioned me (Minnie Mouse) and friends (Micky, Donald, Goofy etc etc) :tears:

dee
4th-October-2005, 10:52 PM
The Sooty Show of course! Sweep was my hero and that strange evil looking black dog puppet with the teeth - respect!!

:)

Well sis shame on you!!! how could you of forgotten??? i remember that evil looking black dog too :rofl: and don't forget Sue!!

Purple Sparkler
5th-October-2005, 10:41 AM
Totally forgot: 'Going Live' with Philip Schofield and Sarah Green, and also 'Wizbit'. And have we had 'Pob' on the list yet?

Sorry, but I hated 'The Poddington Peas' AND 'Bodger and Badger'.

senorita
5th-October-2005, 10:55 AM
Mine has to be

Magic roundabout i had the wallpaper, curtains the lot :blush: well i was only iccle.

Hickory House
Rainbow
Bagpuss
Camblewick Green
Finger Mouse
Rhubarb and custard
Sooty

Brings back Memories

top of the pops

Bagbuss

Jackanory

fingermouse

redhand gang

hobbo

lassie

sooty

captain caveman

dangeons & dragons

heidi

hartbeat

Adventure games

crackerjack

magic roundabout

grange hill

TWIS

Neighbours

senorita
5th-October-2005, 10:57 AM
top of the pops

Bagbuss

Jackanory

fingermouse

redhand gang

hobbo

lassie

sooty

captain caveman

dangeons & dragons

heidi

hartbeat

Adventure games

crackerjack

magic roundabout

grange hill

TWIS

Neighbours

Dr Who

Saffire & steel

bassel brush

swop shop

Icey
5th-October-2005, 10:59 AM
I loved

Crackerjack
The pink panther
Tom and Jerry
Finger mouse
Inspector Gadget
The Muppet show

You can play all sorts of theme tunes here: http://tv.cream.org/ bring back a few memories!

Missy D
5th-October-2005, 12:43 PM
Does anyone else remember a cartoon about a mechanical egg called Ludwig? And Multicoloured Swap Shop, on Saturday mornings?

Yeah I remember he also had this helecopter thing that came out the top so he could fly around too.. And someone used to say "Ah Ludwig".

What about The Herbs with Parsley Lion?

Dreadful Scathe
5th-October-2005, 01:06 PM
am i the only one that liked Michael Bentines potty time ? :)

Pauline
5th-October-2005, 01:30 PM
There are just so many favourites:

Rainbow
Button Moon
Pigeon Street
The Flumps
Bagpuss
Jem
Fraggle Rock
Sesame Street
Byker Grove
Neighbours (still watch if home in time):blush:
Jamie and his magic torch
Play School
Thundercats
The Chipmunks
The Racoons
The Muppets

Better stop now :grin:

El Salsero Gringo
5th-October-2005, 01:43 PM
Yeah I remember he also had this helecopter thing that came out the top so he could fly around too.. And someone used to say "Ah Ludwig".
Yup: that's the one, and he used to play the violin:

http://www.sausagenet.com/i/p/189-2.jpg

http://www.sausagenet.com/i/p/189-3.jpg

dee
5th-October-2005, 01:47 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I loved

Crackerjack
The pink panther
Tom and Jerry
Finger mouse
Inspector Gadget
The Muppet show

You can play all sorts of theme tunes here: http://tv.cream.org/ bring back a few memories!

Oh my god!!!! how could i have forgotten "The Muppet Show" i loved Animal on those drums :worthy:

Icey
5th-October-2005, 01:55 PM
Oh my god!!!! how could i have forgotten "The Muppet Show" i loved Animal on those drums :worthy:

I'm not in work today so I've spent all afternoon playing all the theme tunes to the programmes I used to love. Keep going back to the Muppets though dum dum di dum di dum, dum dum di dum di dum, dum dum dum ... I might have to get it as a ring tone before the afternoon is out :rofl:

Lynn
5th-October-2005, 01:56 PM
JENNA STANNIS
The feisty, gutsy space smuggler, blasting baddies, flashing cleavage and defending Blake to the hilt as he kicked Federation ass!

</p>Oh yes, and wasn't there Gan as well. I probably remember the later ones better - Callie (who was there from the start), Avon of course (who was the natural leader really), Villa, then Tarrant, Dayna (?) and Soolin (who they brought in when Callie was killed off) - not forgetten Zen (?) the main Liberator computer.The only Blue Peter 'make it yourself' thing I think I ever followed was when they showed how to make a Blake's 7 comm bracelet!

Dizzy
5th-October-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm not in work today so I've spent all afternoon playing all the theme tunes to the programmes I used to love. Keep going back to the Muppets though dum dum di dum di dum, dum dum di dum di dum, dum dum dum ... I might have to get it as a ring tone before the afternoon is out :rofl:

Has anyone mentioned Fraggle Rock yet??

I loved the theme tune to it. :clap:

senorita
5th-October-2005, 02:09 PM
ah how can I forget these...

mork and mindy
muppet show
rhubard & custard
tom & jerry (my all time fav)
laurel & hardy films(I used to always without fail watch this with my dad and have a laugh)
Inspector gadjet
rainbow
pigeon street
jamie and the magic torch

ducasi
5th-October-2005, 04:49 PM
... Avon of course (who was the natural leader really) Yep, there it is again, the girls always go for the bad boys. :rolleyes:

Avon was a bit of a psychopath really, wasn't he?

Dance Demon
5th-October-2005, 07:15 PM
am i the only one that liked Michael Bentines potty time ? :)

No........

I also used to run home from school to watch H R Puff'n'stuff...with Jack Wilde, (Artful dodger in the musical Oliver).....

and george of The Jungle

Lynn
5th-October-2005, 08:47 PM
Yep, there it is again, the girls always go for the bad boys. :rolleyes:

Avon was a bit of a psychopath really, wasn't he? Well he did give the impression that he was very selfish (which he was at the outset, only in it for personal profit) and annoyed at everyone around him not being as intelligent, but underneath it he really was a part of the group and remained loyal - which is why in the end he was totally unable to comprehend that Blake had betrayed him (which he hadn't). Good ending - Servalan and Avon facing each other - both armed - who shot who first?

(I think it was the complexity of character that I liked, I was clearly a very intelligent and discerning child :wink: :whistle: )

DavidY
5th-October-2005, 10:45 PM
Yup: that's the one, and he used to play the violinI believe the music in "Ludwig" was Beethoven (as in Ludwig van...)

Missy D
5th-October-2005, 11:28 PM
No........

I also used to run home from school to watch H R Puff'n'stuff...with Jack Wilde, (Artful dodger in the musical Oliver).....

and george of The Jungle

Oh yeah I could i have forgotten H R Puff n Stuff. How did it go now something like "H R Puff n Stuff you cant get a little and you cant get enough". Probably got the words wrong as was blonde from a very early age.

Missy D
5th-October-2005, 11:29 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Oh and what about the Cookie Monster and Beaker! I have spotted many a Beaker look alike in Ceroc:rofl:

FirstMove
5th-October-2005, 11:42 PM
My top telly tips (in descending order):-

Tea bag
The Adventure game (esp. when uncle was a Teapot)
Fraggle Rock
Dungeons+Dragons
Play Away (not Play School)
Star fleet
Muppet Show
Ulysees
Battle of the Planets
Chocabloc
Jigsaw
Why Don't You?
The Racoons
Roland Rat

Programme I watch now, even though I'm all grown-up:-

Power Puff girls
Dexter's Lab
Johnny Bravo

Lindsay
6th-October-2005, 12:01 AM
has worzel gummage been mentioned?

Missy D
6th-October-2005, 07:53 AM
has worzel gummage been mentioned?

Yes i mentioned it but forgot Aunt Sally!

Oh no another that i liked Barbapapa:clap:

Oh and another hate Pinky and Perky the two annoying singing pigs.

El Salsero Gringo
6th-October-2005, 11:43 AM
I believe the music in "Ludwig" was Beethoven (as in Ludwig van...)Title music was the first movement of his first symphony, I think.

El Salsero Gringo
6th-October-2005, 11:47 AM
Well he did give the impression that he was very selfish (which he was at the outset, only in it for personal profit) and annoyed at everyone around him not being as intelligent, but underneath it he really was a part of the group and remained loyal - which is why in the end he was totally unable to comprehend that Blake had betrayed him (which he hadn't). Good ending - Servalan and Avon facing each other - both armed - who shot who first?

(I think it was the complexity of character that I liked, I was clearly a very intelligent and discerning child :wink: :whistle: )Villa was hilarious. "Not so much a coward, just a very low pain threshold."

LMC
6th-October-2005, 12:08 PM
Avon was a bit of a psychopath really, wasn't he?
That was probably why I really fancied him - that voice :drool: :drool: :drool:

The actor (Paul Darrow) has just got really old and fat now though :tears:

Has Willo the Wisp been mentioned yet? Gorgeously wacky :grin:

CJ
6th-October-2005, 12:17 PM
The Adventure Game was the poodle's pompoms!!!!!!!!!!! (Gronda Gronda)

Anyone remember "Chockie's Children?!"
Multi-coloured Swap Shop
Valley of the Dinosaurs (cartoon on Swap Shop, I think)
Battle of the Planets (G-Force!!:rofl: )
and Jackanory (dammit, underneath this R'n'R exterior lies a cardigan wearing saddo....:tears: )
Oh, and Caramello:o

Just Wiggle
6th-October-2005, 12:31 PM
You've all mentioned loads of my favourites!

Dungeons and Dragons, Thundercats, Cities of Gold, Going Live, Bagpuss....

Also liked Johnny Briggs, Grange Hill (Gonch, Danny kendle era), Choc-a-block ...

Who can forget Lets Pretend!

Hours of fun pretending that a cardboard box was a car and forcing my little sister to push me round in it! :rofl:

dee
6th-October-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh and what about the Cookie Monster and Beaker! I have spotted many a Beaker look alike in Ceroc:rofl:

What was that character dad always thought you looked like on the muppet show sis :rofl: don't think it was miss piggy :hug:

CJ
6th-October-2005, 12:40 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think of a Number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With Johnny Ball:D

He was a LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Icey
6th-October-2005, 01:17 PM
Does anyone remember watching 'Words and Pictures' at school?

LMC
6th-October-2005, 02:02 PM
Forget the cardigan CJ, you need an ANORAK!

I'll give you my spare one, 'cos :yeah: - I used to *love* Think of a Number - got you thinking about all sorts of stuff, not just numbers

And I still love the RI Christmas lectures too :clap:

Dance Demon
6th-October-2005, 02:56 PM
Oh, and Caramello:o

Wasn't Caramello some sort of chocolate bar.....:) ....unless you mean Calimero....little chicken with a half egg shell on his head , who used to say...it's an injustice......annoying little git:mad:

Used to like watching Visionaries...knights of the magical light, with my son circa late 1980s...

ShinyWeeStar
6th-October-2005, 03:20 PM

Yes!! :clap: Was that the one that had the magic pen (d = round, up and down :D ) in it too? :confused:

Other school ones I remember are Geordie Racer, Ghost Writer, Through the Dragon's Eye...

Ankhesenamen
6th-October-2005, 06:10 PM
Yes!! :clap: Was that the one that had the magic pen (d = round, up and down :D ) in it too? :confused:

Other school ones I remember are Geordie Racer, Ghost Writer, Through the Dragon's Eye...

I used to love ghostwriter and Through the Dragon's Eye! Tried to watch them again when they were on tv a few years later, but it just wasn't the same...

I remember every time we watched an episode, everyone stared singing along with the theme tune, it was great!!

dee
6th-October-2005, 06:48 PM
Forget the cardigan CJ, you need an ANORAK!

I do like a man in an Anorak :drool:

dee
6th-October-2005, 06:50 PM

I rememeber words and pictures, gosh that takes me back to my school days

Aleks
6th-October-2005, 11:26 PM
I rememeber words and pictures, gosh that takes me back to my school days

Did anyone else see WATCH with the plasticine rolling all over the screen?

ShinyWeeStar
7th-October-2005, 01:07 PM
I remember every time we watched an episode, everyone started singing along with the theme tune, it was great!!

:yeah: :D

BeeBee
7th-October-2005, 01:15 PM
You've all mentioned loads of my favourites!

:yeah:

What was the other programme with Brian Cant? And maybe Floella Benjamine (if the old memory is not playing tricks?!). Whatever it was called I loved it!

Trip down memory lane for Johnny Briggs and Thundercats, but also was a Blue Peter kid. Agree with Dreadful Scathe - Rentaghost was pretty pants :D

plankton
7th-October-2005, 02:28 PM
Stingray

Fireball XL 5
Space Patrol
Clangers
tales of the river bank
dangermouse
10 town

Dizzy
7th-October-2005, 03:09 PM
Does anyone else remember 'Button Moon' aswell?

LMC
7th-October-2005, 03:18 PM
YES!! - Button Moon in Blanket Sky... with Mr Spoon and his daughter (whose name I forget, I'll let someone else have the fun of Googling for it)

It used to be on at lunchtimes before Rainbow.

Talking of Rainbow... sure many of you will have seen this (http://www.ogmac.co.uk/sidcup/rainbow.htm), but just in case... (warning: it's RED :eek: )

EDIT: just been trying to track down the authenticity of the above - according to www.rainbow.web.com (the official website) it was specially produced for a Thames television internal competition and never actually broadcast. Shame.

dee
7th-October-2005, 03:57 PM

How could anyone forget Button Moon?? and what about Portland Bill?? does anyone remember that

BobbyA
7th-October-2005, 05:17 PM
Yeeey.. I remember the Button moon program.. Ahh those were the days :P :P

ducasi
7th-October-2005, 07:40 PM
Talking of Rainbow... sure many of you will have seen this (http://www.ogmac.co.uk/sidcup/rainbow.htm), but just in case... (warning: it's RED :eek: )

EDIT: just been trying to track down the authenticity of the above - according to www.rainbow.web.com (the official website) it was specially produced for a Thames television internal competition and never actually broadcast. Shame. I've seen it a couple of times on telly, not on Rainbow itself though, but on out-take-type programmes...

Like you say, shame it was never broadcast for real... But then we get into Captain Pugwash territory. :wink:

Piglet
7th-October-2005, 07:58 PM
What was the other programme with Brian Cant?

Has Play Away been mentioned? I only remember him in that as well as Play School. (Think Brian Cant is ace - saw him on a documentary on Sky recently where he revisited his childhood home - lovely, lovely guy. Also loved anything to do with Johnny Ball - he was so enthusiastic)

I can't think of any "I'll die if I don't see" children's TV programmes as I'd watch them all! I did particularly like the ones that were on in the mornings of the summer hols:

Why Don't You?
Belle and Sebastian (was it Belle? I think Belle was the dog)
Robinson Crusoe

and there were all of those lovely colourful ones from Scandinavia with the terrible dubbing, but based on fairy tales and were wonderfully filmed.

Did anyone ever have arguments about who was getting to sit on the best TV chair with the controls, between brothers and sisters. We ended up setting up a rota so we'd all get turns....