PDA

View Full Version : Christmas downtime

clevedonboy
4th-October-2005, 03:26 PM
As noted by David James on the how much would you pay thread, the World Of Dance comes to a shuddering halt from dec 24 to 30 (& around here until 2nd week of Jan)

Do people not want to dance at this time (I'm sure I do), is it because organiser think everyone's on hols so they won't turn up or are they thinking they'll put their feet up?

I don't hink I can go from 23/12 to 06/01 without a fix!!! :tears:

Missy D
4th-October-2005, 03:38 PM
As noted by David James on the how much would you pay thread, the World Of Dance comes to a shuddering halt from dec 24 to 30 (& around here until 2nd week of Jan)

Do people not want to dance at this time (I'm sure I do), is it because organiser think everyone's on hols so they won't turn up or are they thinking they'll put their feet up?

There are things going on in London between Christmas and New Year but, the dates have not been officially released. I am sure Ceroc will be releasing the dates sometime in October. Lots of parties to look forward to :clap: :cheers: :clap:

Tiggerbabe
4th-October-2005, 05:33 PM
Get yourself up to Scotland for Thursday 29th December when we're having the "Farewell to the Henry Wood Hall" party - we're gonna be dancing until they kick us out :clap: :clap: (with any luck that'll be in the wee hours of the following morning!)

ducasi
4th-October-2005, 05:58 PM
Get yourself up to Scotland for Thursday 29th December when we're having the "Farewell to the Henry Wood Hall" party - we're gonna be dancing until they kick us out :clap: :clap: :yeah:

(with any luck that'll be in the wee hours of the following morning!) My birthday!!!! :clap: :clap:

Lou
4th-October-2005, 05:58 PM
(& around here until 2nd week of Jan)
:confused: Are you not coming to Sherif's New Years Eve dance at Chip Sod town hall, then?

Lou
4th-October-2005, 06:00 PM
...And Steve Wonnacott normally holds a Kingswood dance during Xmas week. I imagine this year will be no different...

Lynn
4th-October-2005, 06:40 PM
We'll be having something in Belfast that week too - I ran something last year and it was a great sucess. I also always go to a Boxing night ceilidh - OK not MJ but the caller usually plays a track or two for us to MJ to!

Heather
4th-October-2005, 06:55 PM
Get yourself up to Scotland for Thursday 29th December when we're having the "Farewell to the Henry Wood Hall" party - we're gonna be dancing until they kick us out :clap: :clap: (with any luck that'll be in the wee hours of the following morning!)

:yeah:

We Scots know how to enjoy ourselves!!! And if you ain't danced enough at the Henry Wood there's also a grand New Year Ball the next night at the Adventure Centre, Ratho!! ( Just outside Edinburgh)
You could always fly up to Glasgow- do the Henry Wood Hall dance and fly back from Edinburgh after the New Year Ball !!!! :rofl:

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

clevedonboy
4th-October-2005, 07:04 PM
:confused: Are you not coming to Sherif's New Years Eve dance at Chip Sod town hall, then?

details aren't on leroc 2000 nor uk jive (& chip sod is foreign parts :grin: )

& Steve's publicity machine hasn't swung into action

Lou
4th-October-2005, 08:41 PM
details aren't on leroc 2000 nor uk jive (& chip sod is foreign parts :grin: )
That's odd. I've just looked, and you're right - it's not there. Fancy me not knowing that, what with being webmistress, allegedly. :rolleyes:

I suspect, knowing Sherif, that he's removed it in order to highlight the Red & Black Ball. However, it would be nice to know (And it still seems weird, as I would've thought it would be his highlight event of the year :rolleyes: )

Who knows?....

clevedonboy
4th-October-2005, 09:44 PM
That's odd. I've just looked, and you're right - it's not there. Fancy me not knowing that, what with being webmistress, allegedly. :rolleyes:

I suspect, knowing Sherif, that he's removed it in order to highlight the Red & Black Ball. However, it would be nice to know (And it still seems weird, as I would've thought it would be his highlight event of the year :rolleyes: )

Who knows?....
I thought that it had been cancelled TBH as it was there at one time & then it wasn't - I assumed that John G just hadn't been told!

DavidY
4th-October-2005, 10:43 PM
There's a Daventry freestyle on 27 Dec. :clap:
It's £15 though :sad:

Whitebeard
4th-October-2005, 11:03 PM
There's a Daventry freestyle on 27 Dec. :clap:
It's £15 though :sad:
Too much. They're just cashing in on the Seasonability.

Tiggerbabe
4th-October-2005, 11:16 PM
Too much. They're just cashing in on the Seasonability.
Or maybe the venue owners are? I'd guess that any staff working on a public holiday would be looking for extra cash as an incentive - I've never worked in a pub/hotel/club though so I could be totally wrong :blush:

Whitebeard
4th-October-2005, 11:27 PM
Or maybe the venue owners are? I'd guess that any staff working on a public holiday would be looking for extra cash as an incentive - I've never worked in a pub/hotel/club though so I could be totally wrong :blush:
Yes, that's very true. If you've got the leverage use it. Now, if anyone fancies offering a decrepit old pensioner a nice little earner, not involving too much legwork, over the festive season, I'd be willing to give it some consideration. An' if it involves some kissin' an' cuddlin', so much the better. Amazin' what a dram or two does to loosen the tongue !!

Lou
4th-October-2005, 11:31 PM
I thought that it had been cancelled TBH as it was there at one time & then it wasn't - I assumed that John G just hadn't been told!
It's still on! :clap:

For some bizarre and unexplained reason it disappeared from the UK-Jive listings. Sherif swears blind that he didn't remove it, and I'm sure I didn't - so it must've been some glitch in the matrix. And as I take the feed directly from there, if it goes from UK-Jive, it's gone from everything!

Anyway - have now set it back to what it should've been! :cheers:

bigdjiver
4th-October-2005, 11:37 PM
Too much. They're just cashing in on the Seasonability.How many of Emma's Daventry freestyles have you been to? My guess is that it will be a bargain. The venue has room for several hundred dancers, and I suspect that it will be full.

DavidY
4th-October-2005, 11:41 PM
The venue has room for several hundred dancers, and I suspect that it will be full.I'm sure it will and it will be a good night. Just like the £10 one this Saturday I'd guess. :whistle:

Heather
5th-October-2005, 08:58 AM

I think you are correct Sheena, most clubs/pubs/hotels pay people double time/time and half over dates like Christmas Eve/Christmas Day/Hogmany/New Year's Day, as these are holidays when folks need the extra cash incentive to be working rather than being with family, friends etc taking part in the festivities. Long ago, when I was a student, I worked in a very busy Dundee pub and was paid quite a lot to work Hogmany, for that very reason.
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

drathzel
5th-October-2005, 10:02 AM
We'll be having something in Belfast that week too - I ran something last year and it was a great sucess. I also always go to a Boxing night ceilidh - OK not MJ but the caller usually plays a track or two for us to MJ to!
:yeah: It was fab last year!:clap: