PDA

View Full Version : Tickle your brain

Missy D
3rd-October-2005, 09:48 PM
1. You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?

2. The man who made it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't use it. The man who uses it doesn't know it. What is it?

3. What occurs one in a minute, twice in a moment but never in a thousand years?

4. You have a barrell, filled to the top with water, which weighs 150kilos. What can you add to the barrell in order for you to make it lighter?

5. A **** lays an egg right at the border between France and Spain. Both countries are arguing who will get it. Who has the right?

These were brain teasers that my daughter was given!

CJ
3rd-October-2005, 09:53 PM
2) a coffin

5) Cocks don't lay eggs. (In SF's Den, you can witness a fuller conversation as to what they do lay!!)

Icey
3rd-October-2005, 09:58 PM
3) m

LMC
3rd-October-2005, 09:58 PM
1. ?

2. a coffin

3. the letter m

4. a hole?

5. cocks don't lay eggs....

EDIT: damn, cross post.

But just got No. 1 :D - corn on the cob

Little Monkey
3rd-October-2005, 10:04 PM
1 - Could it be a chicken? Throw away the feathers, then cook it, then eat the meat, but throw away the carcass (the inside bits)....?

CJ
3rd-October-2005, 10:08 PM
I was thinking along the chicken/rabbit line but I think LMC has it with corn on the cob...

which reminds me: what do you have if you have a big green ball in ur left hand and another green ball in your right?!?

The undivided attention of the Jolly Green Giant!! ho ho ho... :blush:

LMC
3rd-October-2005, 10:12 PM
Oh, if we're on those...

What do you call a small attractive monster?

An utter failure...

Missy D
3rd-October-2005, 10:33 PM
1. You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat? corn on the cob

2. The man who made it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't use it. The man who uses it doesn't know it. What is it? Coffin

3. What occurs one in a minute, twice in a moment but never in a thousand years? M

4. You have a barrell, filled to the top with water, which weighs 150kilos. What can you add to the barrell in order for you to make it lighter? A hole

5. A **** lays an egg right at the border between France and Spain. Both countries are arguing who will get it. Who has the right? Cocks dont lay eggs

These were brain teasers that my daughter was given!

You quick and clever lot! Will post some more tomorrow night! Until then sleep well everyone :flower:

Baruch
3rd-October-2005, 11:28 PM
1. It's more powerful than God, more evil than the devil; the poor have it, the rich want it, and if you eat it you'll die. What is it?

2. A plumber and an electrician go into B&Q. One of them is the father of the other one's son. How is this possible?

ShinyWeeStar
3rd-October-2005, 11:34 PM
2. A plumber and an electrician go into B&Q. One of them is the father of the other one's son. How is this possible?

One's a man and the other's a woman.

ducasi
3rd-October-2005, 11:41 PM
1. It's more powerful than God, more evil than the devil; the poor have it, the rich want it, and if you eat it you'll die. What is it? Nothing?

Baruch
3rd-October-2005, 11:42 PM
Both right. People on here are quick - or maybe you've heard them before?

ShinyWeeStar
3rd-October-2005, 11:44 PM
Nothing?

Aah, knew I should know that one :rolleyes:

ducasi
3rd-October-2005, 11:44 PM
Both right. People on here are quick - or maybe you've heard them before?
Had heard the second one before... Just worked out the first one. :shrug:

CJ
3rd-October-2005, 11:46 PM
There are LOADS of these kicking around from the VERY early days: some good ones too if someone has the patience/wherewithall to find them and reconstruct into a post....

Just not me.. :sick: :blush:

Missy D
4th-October-2005, 07:25 PM
Ok maties ready for some more stuff from the schools of North London.

1. I am sitting at a table. Ten flies land on it. With one swat, I kill 3 flies. How many flies left on the table?

2. What belongs to you but is used more by others?

3. Which is the odd one out - Cube, square, cylinder, sphere, Octohedron?

4. Can you find 5 letter word, which, when typed in upper case reads the same upside down?

5. Almost everyone needs it, asks for it, but almost no body takes it. What is it?

ShinyWeeStar
4th-October-2005, 08:16 PM
1. I am sitting at a table. Ten flies land on it. With one swat, I kill 3 flies. How many flies left on the table?

None - the others flew away when you swatted.

2. What belongs to you but is used more by others?

Your name.

Gojive
4th-October-2005, 08:20 PM

Still 10, it's just that 3 are now dead?

Gojive
4th-October-2005, 08:24 PM

I'm guessing it's something like the square is the odd one out, because it's only two dimensional? All the others are solids?

bigdjiver
4th-October-2005, 08:27 PM
Did the dead flies stick to the table or the swatter?

Are fractional answers allowed?

Missy D
4th-October-2005, 09:02 PM
Ok maties ready for some more stuff from the schools of North London.

1. I am sitting at a table. Ten flies land on it. With one swat, I kill 3 flies. How many flies left on the table? None as the others fly away when swatted

2. What belongs to you but is used more by others? Your name

Square as the others are 3 dimensional

4. Can you find 5 letter word, which, when typed in upper case reads the same upside down?

5. Almost everyone needs it, asks for it, but almost no body takes it. What is it?

2 more to get :flower:

David Franklin
4th-October-2005, 09:23 PM
2 more to get :flower:4: SWIMS 5: Advice?

N.B. Anyone who's read The Devil's Teardrop by Jeffery Deaver will dispute the answer to #1. It could be anything between 0 and 10: 0 if the dead flies stick to the swatter and all the live flies fly off; 10 if the dead flies stick to the table and the living flies are particularly uncowed...

Missy D
4th-October-2005, 09:25 PM
4: SWIMS 5: Advice?

N.B. Anyone who's read The Devil's Teardrop by Jeffery Deaver will dispute the answer to #1. It could be anything between 0 and 10: 0 if the dead flies stick to the swatter and all the live flies fly off; 10 if the dead flies stick to the table and the living flies are particularly uncowed...

Well done!! :clap: :clap:

Will put on some more tomorrow!!

bigdjiver
4th-October-2005, 09:41 PM
HEXED DICED CODED ...

0r did the questioner intend rotated 180 degrees?

David Franklin
4th-October-2005, 09:49 PM
HEXED DICED CODED ...

0r did the questioner intend rotated 180 degrees?Upside down usually involves a rotation by 180 degrees, I think you'll find. Mirror symmetry words like yours are more common - CHOKE was the first I came up with...

Piglet
7th-October-2005, 08:42 PM

Love?

ducasi
7th-October-2005, 11:30 PM
5. Almost everyone needs it, asks for it, but almost no body takes it. What is it? Time?

Piglet
8th-October-2005, 06:15 PM
A compliment?

Dreadful Scathe
10th-October-2005, 01:23 PM
abuse ? :)

Missy D
10th-October-2005, 02:23 PM
Sorry i forgot i put this thread on - stressful time at the moment!

David Franklin was right with Advice!!:clap:

I will post some more tonight!!

Missy D
10th-October-2005, 10:14 PM
Ok I am back again with some more for you!

1. Until i am measured I am not known. Yet how you miss me when I have flown.

2. Each morning i appear, to lie at your feet. All day I will follow, no matter how fast you run. Yet I nearly perish in the midday sun.

3. You heard me before, yet you hear me again, then I die til I call me again.

4. All about but cannot be seen, can be captured, cannot be held. No throat but can be heard.

5. The more you take the more you leave behind.

Have fun!:)

LMC
10th-October-2005, 10:18 PM
Ok I am back again with some more for you!

1. Until i am measured I am not known. Yet how you miss me when I have flown.

2. Each morning i appear, to lie at your feet. All day I will follow, no matter how fast you run. Yet I nearly perish in the midday sun.

3. You heard me before, yet you hear me again, then I die til I call me again.

4. All about but cannot be seen, can be captured, cannot be held. No throat but can be heard.

5. The more you take the more you leave behind.

Have fun!:)

1. Time?

2. Shadow

3. Echo

4. Wind?

5. Footsteps

Missy D
10th-October-2005, 10:47 PM
1. Time?

2. Shadow

3. Echo

4. Wind?

5. Footsteps

Wow that was quick!! well done all correct!:clap:

Will post more tomorrow:flower:

LMC
10th-October-2005, 10:59 PM
Wow that was quick!! well done all correct!:clap:
My parents were both teachers - English as a foreign language - and used to love this sort of stuff to give their students to practise. So I confess, a couple of them I knew anyway - and the others - well, I guess I just have that mindset.

Still rubbish at maths though

I missed the last lot, and I'll leave the next lot for others to play with before I wade in :blush: