PDA

View Full Version : Big Bang Theory

stewart38
3rd-October-2005, 12:43 PM
Some people suggest that the 'evidence' doesn’t support the big bang theory e.g. too many old stars seen in the distance past

Maybe go back to 'Steady state theory'?

Also some people now want Pluto de classified as a planet (now they see it as a lump of ice)

When I was young Jupiter had 12 moons and Saturn 5, now how many do they have

I think sometimes it’s interesting, that what you could believe as 'fact' could in fact be total crap

Maybe the world is just a grain of sand in another universe

Maybe Amir isn’t god in an alternative universe or the Jive aces where blue?? makes you wonder ??

LMC
3rd-October-2005, 12:54 PM
Aw, I thought this might be another going upstairs thread :sad:

Gadget
3rd-October-2005, 12:58 PM
Some people suggest that the 'evidence' doesn’t support the big bang theory e.g. too many old stars seen in the distance past

Maybe go back to 'Steady state theory'?
The popular theory just now seems to be in 'alternate reality' and stuff to do with the 11th dimension (where all these planes of existence hang out and have cocktails) - Also some combination theory about the surface of these planes being rippled, and the universe actually being caused by a colission between two of them.

Seemingly it explains all the holes and partial theorys, and can be conjected to form Einstein's last theory (about one formula describing everything)

stewart38
3rd-October-2005, 01:03 PM
The popular theory just now seems to be in 'alternate reality' and stuff to do with the 11th dimension (where all these planes of existence hang out and have cocktails) - Also some combination theory about the surface of these planes being rippled, and the universe actually being caused by a colission between two of them.

Seemingly it explains all the holes and partial theorys, and can be conjected to form Einstein's last theory (about one formula describing everything)

Surely super string theory has moved on from 11 dimensions ?

I maybe wrong , Monday is a good day to think about the meaning of life

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-October-2005, 01:17 PM
:)

Is this a coincidence that you posted this today when there is arguments over whether the 10th planet in our solar system (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/03/xena_has_a_moon/) has a moon or not in the news?

I think sometimes it’s interesting, that what you could believe as 'fact' could in fact be total crap

Yes its interesting, but its life. Everything we think we know is based on what we witness or are taught when we grow up, thats life. The mantra "nothing is impossible" is often quoted by truly open minded people who are prepared for any eventuality - i think thats how we should all be. Be prepared for your beliefs to be proven false at any time and don't dismiss anyone elses beliefs as nonsense, no matter how bizarre you believe them to be.

psyc0diver
3rd-October-2005, 01:23 PM
The answers simple - its 42 ! :D

under par
3rd-October-2005, 01:45 PM
The answers simple - its 42 ! :D

Yes it is BUT on which plane???

MartinHarper
3rd-October-2005, 02:17 PM
Would this be a good place for Donna to explain her theory about how "the big bang was caused by two or three dimensions clashing into each other"?

stewart38
3rd-October-2005, 02:26 PM
:)

Is this a coincidence that you posted this today when there is arguments over whether the 10th planet in our solar system (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/03/xena_has_a_moon/) has a moon or not in the news?

Yes its interesting, but its life. Everything we think we know is based on what we witness or are taught when we grow up, thats life. The mantra "nothing is impossible" is often quoted by truly open minded people who are prepared for any eventuality - i think thats how we should all be. Be prepared for your beliefs to be proven false at any time and don't dismiss anyone elses beliefs as nonsense, no matter how bizarre you believe them to be.

Nope didnt see that

yes we can cope with minor changes

I like the one with the turkey

Every day he or she hears a bell and 'knows' that means I can go and get food

He does this for 364 days and its a 'fact' bell = food

On 365 day he goes to get his food and he gets his or her head cut off

We eat him on xmas day but he (turns out he was a he) would never be able to figure it out

Dizzy
3rd-October-2005, 02:30 PM
Sorry, I've missed the bit where Adam and Eve were involved again. :whistle:

stewart38
3rd-October-2005, 02:33 PM
Sorry, I've missed the bit where Adam and Eve were involved again. :whistle:

they came later , day 6 or 7 ?? I think Adam was first and Eve about 30mins late ??

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-October-2005, 04:35 PM
they came later , day 6 or 7 ?? I think Adam was first and Eve about 30mins late ??
typical :)

under par
3rd-October-2005, 04:53 PM

Still blowdrying her hair apparently and painting her nails

stewart38
3rd-October-2005, 04:59 PM
Still blowdrying her hair apparently and painting her nails

No these things were not invented by MAN till sometime later.

Its still as far as im aware an unexplained phenomena why women are always late

LMC
3rd-October-2005, 05:01 PM
We *really* need that yawn icon...

killingtime
3rd-October-2005, 05:28 PM
You forget about the Flying Spaghetti Monster (http://www.venganza.org/) as a possible reason for the creation of all things.

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-October-2005, 06:44 PM
You forget about the Flying Spaghetti Monster (http://www.venganza.org/) as a possible reason for the creation of all things.
that'll be the FSM we've been discussing in the Religion thread then :rolleyes: pay attention :)

killingtime
3rd-October-2005, 07:06 PM
that'll be the FSM we've been discussing in the Religion thread then :rolleyes: pay attention :)

As a rule I don't read religion threads on a forum as they often quickly get to a flame war or debate that no one really wants to go into. I should have guessed the FSM would have been discussed :).

David Bailey
3rd-October-2005, 07:23 PM
As a rule I don't read religion threads on a forum as they often quickly get to a flame war or debate that no one really wants to go into. I should have guessed the FSM would have been discussed :).
Oy! The FSM is science, not religion. :rolleyes:

Gadget
3rd-October-2005, 09:15 PM
yea, on most forums,... however, this one is different. :flower::D that thread is actually worth a read.

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-October-2005, 09:21 PM
Oy! The FSM is science, not religion. :rolleyes:

point well made - its as scientifically valid as the shroud of turin thats for sure ;)

CJ
3rd-October-2005, 09:25 PM
point well made - its as scientifically valid as the shroud of turin thats for sure ;)

I thought it was Milan where the dark shroud of flare smoke caused trouble... :confused:

And all the time, it was Juve?!? :rolleyes: :D

stewart38
4th-October-2005, 10:10 AM
yea, on most forums,... however, this one is different. :flower::D that thread is actually worth a read.

Yes where we came from the meaning of life etc must be very boring for some :sick:

killingtime
4th-October-2005, 10:23 AM
Yes where we came from the meaning of life etc must be very boring for some :sick:

Actually it's more the danger of talking about religion. I mean it's unlikely that someone will change someone else's religious belief on a forum but it still doesn't seem to stop people trying. Furthermore: I don't have time to read all of the threads.

Of course everyone in the Ceroc forum is lovely so Gadget is right in saying it wouldn't quickly progress to a flame war.

LMC
4th-October-2005, 10:27 AM
I thought it was a shame that a potentially interesting thread was just degenerating into sexist remarks :shrug:

I quite like sci fi books based on parallel universes - it's that whole "if one teensy weensy thing was different way back then, how MUCH different would things be now?" - think it's called the butterfly wings effect?

stewart38
4th-October-2005, 10:44 AM
I thought it was a shame that a potentially interesting thread was just degenerating into sexist remarks :shrug:

I quite like sci fi books based on parallel universes - it's that whole "if one teensy weensy thing was different way back then, how MUCH different would things be now?" - think it's called the butterfly wings effect?

Well maybe just maybe in a parallel universe this thread never degenerated into a 'sexist thread' . :yeah: :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-October-2005, 11:17 AM
Actually it's more the danger of talking about religion. I mean it's unlikely that someone will change someone else's religious belief on a forum but it still doesn't seem to stop people trying.

No one has tried to do anything of the sort - we don't have that kind of person on this forum. Religion is an interesting topic just because of the sheer variety of opinions.

Bet you're something weird like a mormon ;)

El Salsero Gringo
4th-October-2005, 11:19 AM
I thought it was a shame that a potentially interesting thread was just degenerating into sexist remarks :shrug:When you've changed your signature from something random about "blondes", I'll take that comment seriously.

killingtime
4th-October-2005, 11:34 AM
No one has tried to do anything of the sort - we don't have that kind of person on this forum.

I came to realise that long before I made the post about not reading religious topics. I'd retract my statement but it's way to late for that. Rather than continue to defend my reasoning I'll just shut my pie hole.

This is a lovely forum to be on :flower:.

Bet you're something weird like a mormon ;)

Esoteric Order of Dagon for me :D.

OK; maybe not.

Lynn
4th-October-2005, 11:52 AM
No one has tried to do anything of the sort - we don't have that kind of person on this forum. Religion is an interesting topic just because of the sheer variety of opinions.

Bet you're something weird like a mormon ;)No, not being tempted into this thread, even when New Religious Movements are mentioned...

Erm, though I am actually posting to say I'm not posting... but who says anything has to make (much) sense on this forum? :wink:

stewart38
4th-October-2005, 11:55 AM
No, not being tempted into this thread, even when New Religious Movements are mentioned...

Erm, though I am actually posting to say I'm not posting... but who says anything has to make (much) sense on this forum? :wink:

Some scientist say the big bang theory proves god exists some say its proves he doesn’t

yes don’t get tempted

Dreadful Scathe
4th-October-2005, 12:35 PM
The funny thing is - even if God turned up said "Im God. I created all. Worship me or else", many people would say "er..no bugger off.. I dont care if you did create the universe, apples and West Ham F.C. I bow to no being - anyway , I now have proof you exist but does that make you a God or just a weird and powerful alien entity?"

Wouldnt it be ironic if he had noodley appendages :)

Rhythm King
4th-October-2005, 12:53 PM

If He did, He wouldn't last long in this day and age before somebody cooked Him and served Him up for dinner...

David Bailey
4th-October-2005, 01:08 PM
The funny thing is - even if God turned up said "Im God. I created all. Worship me or else", many people would say "er..no bugger off.. I dont care if you did create the universe, apples and West Ham F.C. I bow to no being - anyway , I now have proof you exist but does that make you a God or just a weird and powerful alien entity?"
That reminds me of a couple of classic SF short stories from the 1930's, both set in the far future:
- Story 1: Powerful alien is on the run from all-powerful Man, ends up on Earth. Story ends with alien being captured and saying plaintively: "But.. I am God."
- Story 2: God summons Man to explain himself for Judgement Day. Man doesn't do well, but before God passes judgement, Man asks "Who created you?". God replies "I did". Man zaps God with laser thingy, but is left troubled. God created Himself before, he might do it again...

Damned if I can remember their names though... L. Sprague De Camp wrote one of them as I recall?

Both made me think - not an easy task 25 years ago. Or now, for that matter.

Where do you think "use your noodle" came from, huh?

Dreadful Scathe
4th-October-2005, 01:35 PM
Where do you think "use your noodle" came from, huh?

What ? Thats blasphemy! How dare you take his name in vain..... You will burn in a fiery chinese soup you heathen!

LMC
4th-October-2005, 02:28 PM
I think you're all being very cruel - this started as a serious thread about the meaning of life and you're talking about false gods and Chinese takeaways.

*snigger*

stewart38
4th-October-2005, 02:36 PM
I think you're all being very cruel - this started as a serious thread about the meaning of life and you're talking about false gods and Chinese takeaways.

*snigger*

I think all threads find there level

More evidence to support the noodles theory

------------------------------------------------

You may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.

----------------------------------

I couldnt copy the graph but the realtionship seem too strong just to be a co-incidence ??

killingtime
4th-October-2005, 02:38 PM
I couldnt copy the graph but the realtionship seem too strong just to be a co-incidence ??

Notice though; that the number of pirates increase at some stage and the temperature continued to increase. I'd be interested seeing this data against the number of ninja in the world.

Dreadful Scathe
4th-October-2005, 03:06 PM
Notice though; that the number of pirates increase at some stage and the temperature continued to increase. I'd be interested seeing this data against the number of ninja in the world.

Are you seriously suggesting that ninjas would have more of an impact than pirates on global warming ? :)

killingtime
4th-October-2005, 03:16 PM
Are you seriously suggesting that ninjas would have more of an impact than pirates on global warming ? :)

If the FSM was showing Its anger then yes!

David Bailey
4th-October-2005, 03:18 PM
Ninjas wear black.
Black absorbs heat.
Therefore, less ninjas = more heat.

Makes perfect sense to me, where's the flaw there?

Gojive
4th-October-2005, 03:22 PM

Wise man say, there only one Ninja...Nigel and Ninja!...and she say pirates no good - yoga better! :waycool:

I really must stop drinking in the afternoons! :whistle:

LMC
4th-October-2005, 03:28 PM
I have noted with some concern that people are talking about The FSM's "noodly" appendages. Spaghetti is pasta - durum wheat and water. Noodles should (if they are proper noodles) have egg in them. Adding egg to spaghetti is obviously heretical and I would like to opine that the appropriate term for The FSM's appendages is actually "pastafarian" (as suggested on another thread).

Aleks
4th-October-2005, 03:31 PM
I have noted with some concern that people are talking about The FSM's "noodly" appendages. Spaghetti is pasta - durum wheat and water. Noodles should (if they are proper noodles) have egg in them. Adding egg to spaghetti is obviously heretical and I would like to opine that the appropriate term for The FSM's appendages is actually "pastafarian" (as suggested on another thread).

Erm....nope!
All the fresh pasta displayed in the chilled section contains egg, it's just the long-life dried packet stuff that doesn't.