PDA

View Full Version : Should I be ever so tempted by a Country and Western evening.

Whitebeard
3rd-October-2005, 12:35 AM
Sometimes there's no dancing at the Monday venue; due to Bank Holidays, various Festivals, etc., taking preference.

But 'Dancing Ken', a local Monster Raving Loony Party celebrity, puts on a 'Country and Western' evening dance with real live music every Sunday. Yes, there's another culture out there. Should I be tempted to give this a try? Despite the sentiments so often expressed on this forum, real live music appeals to me, perhaps at a primeval level? And in blue jeans and check shirt I guess I could just about pass muster. Though I gorra remember to get a wad of chewin' baccy and practice me spittin'.

I'm half-willing to bet that, for an old dodgerer like me, there would be more "I want to get up there and dance" tracks than on the average MJ night.

But, are there likely to be any spare ladies; what sort of dancing would it be? Do they tend to come as couples; the spoilsports. Or, would there be spare ladies be willin' to do the askin' if desperate.

frodo
3rd-October-2005, 12:59 AM
Sometimes there's no dancing at the Monday venue; due to Bank Holidays, various Festivals, etc., taking preference.

But 'Dancing Ken', a local Monster Raving Loony Party celebrity, puts on a 'Country and Western' evening dance with real live music every Sunday. Yes, there's another culture out there. Should I be tempted to give this a try? Despite the sentiments so often expressed on this forum, real live music appeals to me, perhaps at a primeval level? And in blue jeans and check shirt I guess I could just about pass muster. Though I gorra remember to get a wad of chewin' baccy and practice me spittin'.

I'm half-willing to bet that, for an old dodgerer like me, there would be more "I want to get up there and dance" tracks than on the average MJ night.

But, are there likely to be any spare ladies; what sort of dancing would it be? Do they tend to come as couples; the spoilsports. Or, would there be spare ladies be willin' to do the askin' if desperate.

I understand that in the US, County and Western occupies a similar segment to Modern Jive here, as compared to other dance styles - Friendlier / less competitive etc.

According to this forum there are a whole range of dances - would be interested to learn what it is like here.
http://www.dance-forums.com/viewforum.php?f=15

Daisy Chain
3rd-October-2005, 12:04 PM
You can Ceroc to a Zydeco band too. Fabulous. It's hard to beat dancing to a live Zydeco or Cajun band

Daisy

(A Swamp Flower)