PDA

View Full Version : Long hair and bobby dazzlers

kiwichook
2nd-October-2005, 07:37 PM
Anyone got any suggestions what to do when the owner of a studio will not take any responsibility nor ask their teachers to make a general announcement from the stage to ask ladies to tie extremely long hair back (like hangin round the backside length). Nor remove their big bobby dazzlers before joining a dance class. Also requests from men and taxi dancers to the culprits go unheeded as well, not helped by lack of support from the top. Plan Z required, anyone out there recognise this problem in their studio, and if so how was it sorted??
Kiwichook :sick:

Tiggerbabe
2nd-October-2005, 08:07 PM
In my experience long hair causes more problems when it is tied back, especially when plaited :( ouch!

And sorry, but I've no idea what a Bobby Dazzler is :blush: (although when my gran said it she was talking about a good looking guy :wink: )

Cruella
2nd-October-2005, 08:15 PM
I think a bobby dazzler is a big ring Sheena. Same could go for mens watches, and them bl**dy charity wrist bands. The amount of times i've had my hair pulled on those. Alot of men seem to like being swished with long hair anyway. :devil:

Raul
2nd-October-2005, 08:23 PM
I think a bobby dazzler is a big ring Sheena. :devil:

What is a booby Dazzler, then??

A lot of men seem to like being swished with long hair anyway. :devil:

Too right! we do. Just the hair, not the hair bands with flowery things nor the ball bearings either!

Cruella
2nd-October-2005, 08:39 PM
What is a booby Dazzler, then??

I guess that is an adornment for a pierced nipple. :innocent:

Raul
2nd-October-2005, 08:57 PM
I guess that is an adornment for a pierced nipple. :innocent:

:rofl:

Too right that you have to take these off before dancing then !

:rofl:

kiwichook
2nd-October-2005, 08:58 PM
Cruella
At least someone out there knows wot a booby dazzler is. Yes, a big rock planted on a band of metal. lol. Fantastic tool for scratching ones hands on. Watches, yes, another irritating annoyance, along with cell phones left in side pockets but at least when you shame the guys responsible, no worries, they oblige. But these chicks with horse tails, (plaited ones just as bad) - what's with them ? Do they think they are that special? As a taxi dancer I don't enjoy being whipped across the face, made blind to the point of disorientation and then find on execution of a return, oh joy, oh joy, that I'm going to have some extra dinner as I spit out the hair that's ended up in my mouth when I've opened my mouth to say something. Shame on those chicks that do this! Perhaps I should hire more bobby dazzlers, one for each finger, invest in an extremely long wig, make sure I pick out the owner of the studio, and "work that wig" to its maximum damage potential, ha ha.

Raul
2nd-October-2005, 09:13 PM
Cruella
At least someone out there knows wot a booby dazzler is.

Yes

Cruella
Yes, a big rock planted on a band of metal. lol.

That's Bobby Dazzler mate, not the same thing!
But thanks for the clarification, Bobby Dazzlers are not a problem if you dance Blues. (well they could be if you don't dance properly)

El Salsero Gringo
2nd-October-2005, 09:16 PM
I think a bobby dazzler is a big ringI know a couple of girls who have those.... :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
2nd-October-2005, 09:25 PM
I know a couple of girls who have those.... :whistle:
Oh Dear! *sigh*

drathzel
2nd-October-2005, 09:49 PM
My hair comes down passed my shoulders and i am always apologising for it, but men dont seem to mind, I actually think tho its worse when it is tied up as the hair is in the same place and slaps you at a greater force!

ducasi
2nd-October-2005, 10:14 PM
My hair comes down passed my shoulders and i am always apologising for it, but men dont seem to mind, I actually think tho its worse when it is tied up as the hair is in the same place and slaps you at a greater force!
:yeah:

I love swishy long hair! :nice:

kiwichook
2nd-October-2005, 10:30 PM
Cheers for all those who have contributed :rofl:

Cruella
3rd-October-2005, 08:19 AM
I know a couple of girls who have those.... :whistle:
Wrong thread, get yourself back to the Fox's Den immediately!

CJ
3rd-October-2005, 09:03 AM
:yeah:

I love swishy long hair! :nice:

So, when we dancing?!? :wink:

Lynn
3rd-October-2005, 10:36 AM
My hair comes down passed my shoulders and i am always apologising for it, but men dont seem to mind, I actually think tho its worse when it is tied up as the hair is in the same place and slaps you at a greater force! :yeah: My hair is really fine though so I don't think it would do anyone much harm even it tied back.

No chunky rings (no rings at all actually) and I take my watch off before I dance.

killingtime
3rd-October-2005, 10:51 AM

I like long swishy hair as well; doesn't bother me. If it's tied back it is, obviously, more grouped and hits you with a little more force (especially if your partner has a really fast return). It's kinda good fun though :devil:.

TiggsTours
3rd-October-2005, 11:37 AM
I think that all men & women should remove all jewellery that is on arms or hands before dancing, I know I always do, except wedding rings I guess. I've lost track of the number of really nice tops that have been destroyed by getting snagged on a guys watch! I know one guy who was really hurt by a girl's bracelet with a great big anchor charm on it, it worked just like a fishing hook, lodging itself in his hand as she started spinning, ouch!

As for long hair, I agree, girls with really long hair should leave it down, tied up in a plait, or even just a pony tail, just turns it into a length of rope to whack anyone in close enough proximity (great was to create space on the dance floor, I guess!).

Having hair that is long enough to get in the way, but too short to tie up, I wish guys (who do not suffer with this) would refrain from dancing right in front of the bleedin' fan!

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-October-2005, 11:40 AM
As for long hair, I agree, girls with really long hair should leave it down, tied up in a plait, or even just a pony tail, just turns it into a length of rope to whack anyone in close enough proximityI object - this is just an attempt - just like the banning of stilettos on the dance floor in case we get trodden on - to end our fun. Some of us have to pay serious dosh for this kind of treatment off the dance floor.

CJ
3rd-October-2005, 11:51 AM
long hair on a girl is nice. (generally)
long hair swishing you gently as she passes (be it return, spin, etc) is nice also.
a pony tail swishing u round the neck, or anywhere not sore on the face has it's positives, too.
a plaited pony tail nearly knocking out an eye is somewhat less than pleasant.

I am sure this has come up b4: I am a long haired guy (sometimes tailed, but NEVER plaited!! lol...) and am wholly unaware of what my hair is doing as I dance: albeit I do tend to spin less than the average follower...

An aside: one thing that was brought to my attention recently- the idea of my kilt "swooshing" my partners legs if I spin more energetically or closer to my partner. Not sore I would hope, but would it work?

Assuming your partner's skirt isn't tripping you up, do "leaders" appreciate being "swooshed" by their partner's skirt?

Daisy Chain
3rd-October-2005, 11:57 AM
Having hair that is long enough to get in the way, but too short to tie up, I wish guys (who do not suffer with this) would refrain from dancing right in front of the bleedin' fan!

:yeah: ...and they wonder why you can't see their blessed hand signals when you have both eyes full of your own hair.

Daisy

(A Mid-Length Little Flower)

MartinHarper
3rd-October-2005, 12:05 PM
I am a long haired guy (sometimes tailed, but NEVER plaited!! lol...) and am wholly unaware of what my hair is doing as I dance...

If I leave it loose, I sometimes find my hair getting trapped when my partner puts her hand on my shoulder, which is briefly awkward. And yeah, I guess my hair probably whips folks on occasion, though nobody's ever said anything. I'm thinking of getting it cut, but not sure how.

I'm thinking that for some ladies, taking off a wedding ring to dance with strange men might interfere with marital bliss.

Gojive
3rd-October-2005, 12:06 PM
I think a bobby dazzler is a big ring

[QUOTE=El Salsero Gringo]I know a couple of girls who have those.... :whistle:

Will you be naming and shaming them ESG? :wink:

Cruella
3rd-October-2005, 12:47 PM
If I leave it loose, I sometimes find my hair getting trapped when my partner puts her hand on my shoulder, which is briefly awkward. And yeah, I guess my hair probably whips folks on occasion, though nobody's ever said anything. I'm thinking of getting it cut, but not sure how.

I find that scissors are usually the best tool. :rofl:

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-October-2005, 12:54 PM
Will you be naming and shaming them ESG? :wink:For a fee.

Sparkles
3rd-October-2005, 01:28 PM
I try to leave my hair down as much as I can (it's a little longer than in my profile pic now) so that it doesn't hurt when it swooshes when I dance.

I tried for a while putting it up in a bun - so as to avoid the nasty hair-rope thwacking incidents - but I found that men who seem incapable of clearing my head with their hands would either get their watch/cufflinks/cuff-buttons caught in my hair or would practically scalp me when catching the bun - and believe me it's not only embarrassing and frustrating when you have someone's watch caught in your hair but it's bl**dy painful too :(.

So now I've abandoned the idea of avoiding swooshing people with my hair by putting it up and leave it down instead - so that when someone gets their watch strap or cufflinks caught in my hair they can be freed with relative ease and much less pain. To date I've yet to have a complaint about leaving my hair down, and sometimes I'm even complimented about the feel and/or smell of it - so I don't see why people should be made to tie their hair back...?

KatieR
3rd-October-2005, 04:46 PM
I try to leave my hair down as much as I can (it's a little longer than in my profile pic now) so that it doesn't hurt when it swooshes when I dance....?

Ahhhhh... all problems of the past for me :whistle: :wink:

Yliander
3rd-October-2005, 10:15 PM
Anyone got any suggestions what to do when the owner of a studio will not take any responsibility nor ask their teachers to make a general announcement from the stage to ask ladies to tie extremely long hair back (like hangin round the backside length). Nor remove their big bobby dazzlers before joining a dance class. Also requests from men and taxi dancers to the culprits go unheeded as well, not helped by lack of support from the top. Plan Z required, anyone out there recognise this problem in their studio, and if so how was it sorted??
Kiwichook :sick:

But these chicks with horse tails, (plaited ones just as bad) - what's with them ? Do they think they are that special? As a taxi dancer I don't enjoy being whipped across the face, made blind to the point of disorientation and then find on execution of a return, oh joy, oh joy, that I'm going to have some extra dinner as I spit out the hair that's ended up in my mouth when I've opened my mouth to say something. Shame on those chicks that do this!

ummm you seem confused in your first post you wanted the studio to make the girls with long hair tie it up and then you are complaining that when they tie it up that it hits you

personally I have rather long hair - some days I tie part of it back, some days i let it all run free - but this decision would not be effected by a teacher telling me that I should tie it up - in fact I would proberbly decided to go to a less anal retentative studio.

personally I don't wear plaits or cheerleader style pony tails - as I have been banned from them by previous dance partners - and now I find that as my hair is so long the weight feels like it is pulling me off balance.

I have a suggestion for you that has been passed on to me by other leaders i know - learn to duck

Gadget
3rd-October-2005, 11:11 PM
Anyone else danced with Sal when she had _l o n g_ hair? Dancing with Sal is always a pleasurable experiance, but I admit at being confused as to what to do with all that hair for a time. {then she got it cut so it was just long; strange how you get used to something like that :(}

killingtime
5th-October-2005, 01:23 PM
Assuming your partner's skirt isn't tripping you up, do "leaders" appreciate being "swooshed" by their partner's skirt?

I love swishy skirts on my partner. Not really because they swish past me more just because they look cool and a have an interesting momentum effect all of their own :D.

ducasi
5th-October-2005, 01:35 PM
An aside: one thing that was brought to my attention recently- the idea of my kilt "swooshing" my partners legs if I spin more energetically or closer to my partner. Not sore I would hope, but would it work?

Assuming your partner's skirt isn't tripping you up, do "leaders" appreciate being "swooshed" by their partner's skirt? Maybe with bare legs a swooshing skirt would be nice, but I don't see myself going trouser-less to dance...

Like killingtime, I love swirly skirts, but when they are swirling around my legs, it's more a distraction that a pleasure.

johnthehappyguy
6th-October-2005, 06:08 PM

Yes !

johnthehappyguy:nice: