PDA

View Full Version : BETTER THAN CHOCOLATE Bill’s leaving party

Lisa
2nd-October-2005, 06:05 PM
As some of you are aware, BTC Bill is leaving Aberdeen soon. :tears: However, who can blame him for following his heart to be with his good lady Fran? :flower:

Bill has made a HUGE contribution to Aberdeen Ceroc over the years. He has been a regular since the first opening night and is a big hit with the ladies and gentleman at the clubs. To recognise this and say a HUGE thanks to Bill, we are making the next Aberdeen party a CARNIVAL night, in his honour. Bill will also be teaching a double trouble class with Lorna and myself to distract him. :grin:

The date is Sat 15th October and the location is the Station Hotel. Make sure you don't miss it.

Ladies, I’ve been reassured that he’ll visiting Aberdeen regularly.

Bill – I’m missing ya already.

Lisa x

Piglet
2nd-October-2005, 06:27 PM
Looking forward to the party already! Sounds great.

:flower: Good luck to Bill and Fran - hope to still see you both lots and lots, :flower:

Pamela :hug: :hug:

Tiggerbabe
2nd-October-2005, 07:32 PM
a CARNIVAL night, in his honour.
Now, that wouldn't be Bill looking for an excuse to wear those bright red shoes again, would it? :whistle: I can just see him as Carmen Miranda :rofl:

Bill will also be teaching a double trouble class with Lorna and myself to distract him. :grin:

Brilliant - I've been meaning to do a double trouble class as leader for ages - this will be my chance :clap:

Many, many congratulations and all the best for the future to Bill and Fran :hug:

Aleks
2nd-October-2005, 07:34 PM
Maybe we could also have a 'welcome to Edinburgh' party for those of us who can't make it up to Aberdeen....

Tiggerbabe
2nd-October-2005, 08:04 PM
Maybe we could also have a 'welcome to Edinburgh' party for those of us who can't make it up to Aberdeen....
Now that sounds like a great idea - :clap: how convenient that Dundee's half way between both :wink:

Cruella
2nd-October-2005, 08:21 PM
It may be that Bill's moving south, but still far too far away from the Midlands :tears:
Good luck to the two of you. :flower:
Di x

drathzel
2nd-October-2005, 09:45 PM
Would love to make it thro but not going to be able to but am all in favour of Aleks' idea of a Welcome to Edinburgh night!!!! :hug:

Little Monkey
2nd-October-2005, 09:57 PM
Now that sounds like a great idea - :clap: how convenient that Dundee's half way between both :wink:
:yeah:

Ya know, I was kinda worried we'd loose him to Englandshire or somewhere similarly far-flung and remote part of the world! But Edinburgh! Way-hey! That's just fab! Still just as close, if not closer to Dundee! :clap:

LM

Gadget
3rd-October-2005, 12:05 AM
As some of you are aware, BTC Bill is leaving Aberdeen soon. :tears: However, who can blame him for following his heart to be with his good lady Fran? :flower:

Bill has made a HUGE contribution to Aberdeen Ceroc over the years. He has been a regular since the first opening night and is a big hit with the ladies and gentleman at the clubs. To recognise this and say a HUGE thanks to Bill, we are making the next Aberdeen party a CARNIVAL night, in his honour. Bill will also be teaching a double trouble class with Lorna and myself to distract him. :grin:

The date is Sat 15th October and the location is the Station Hotel. Make sure you don't miss it.

Ladies, I’ve been reassured that he’ll visiting Aberdeen regularly.

Bill – I’m missing ya already.

Lisa x

:worthy: Bill.
An inspiration when I started (in The Palace, where the carpets ate your shoes) and still an inspiration now. :D
I wasn't planning on going to this month's party (with the BFG & all), but may have to make a special effort now.

Bill
3rd-October-2005, 12:12 PM
Now, that wouldn't be Bill looking for an excuse to wear those bright red shoes again, would it? :whistle: I can just see him as Carmen Miranda :rofl:

Now there's a thought....... :D :rolleyes: wonder if I could get some fruit to stick on my head :whistle:

Looking forward to trying to lead Lisa and Lorna at the same time :grin: :na:

Tiggerbabe
3rd-October-2005, 06:07 PM
Looking forward to trying to lead Lisa and Lorna at the same time :grin: :na:
Yeah, that'll be a good one :rofl: :rofl:

doc martin
3rd-October-2005, 06:17 PM
So maybe you should have a half way party to break up his journey for him :D

Bill
3rd-October-2005, 07:48 PM
So maybe you should have a half way party to break up his journey for him :D

I'll drink to that :cheers: or then again after last night - maybe not ( well not for a day or two at least !!) :rolleyes: :whistle:

david gunn
4th-October-2005, 03:21 PM
Good luck Bill and Fran
Edinburgh's gain and our loss.
Thanks for all the tips and advice Bill - you were a Taxi when I first started and it is people like you that make people like me come back! :cheers:

Missing your party as I will be offshore, but hope to see you soon.

Dave

Tiggerbabe
4th-October-2005, 05:50 PM
Missing your party as I will be offshore, but hope to see you soon.

video link? :D

david gunn
4th-October-2005, 09:25 PM
video link? :D

Is this possible?

Little Monkey
14th-October-2005, 02:42 PM
So who's going up tomorrow from Dundee then? Skippy? Or from Perth..:whistle: C'mon Jo, you know you don't want to miss this one!

LM:flower:

Tiggerbabe
14th-October-2005, 07:03 PM
So who's going up tomorrow from Dundee then?
Well, technically I'm going from Monifieth and I'm not sure that I'll get there in time for the class - but I'm DEFINITELY going :clap:

ducasi
14th-October-2005, 11:30 PM
A bed has been emptied...

A fast car has been arranged...

I might just see you all there... :wink:

Little Monkey
15th-October-2005, 04:37 PM
I NEED A LIFT!!!!

Have phoned 7 people, but nobody's going!!!!:tears: :tears:

Desperately Lonely Little Monkey

Tiggerbabe
15th-October-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm hoping to leave Monifieth about 8.30pm, so if you can get to the double roundabout at the Kingsway/Forfar road for about 8.45pm I'll take you up with me.

Scotch Bonnet
15th-October-2005, 05:59 PM

Good idea Aleks,can you wait till my knee is better though,

BILL HAVE A GREAT NIGHT

Liz
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Little Monkey
15th-October-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm hoping to leave Monifieth about 8.30pm, so if you can get to the double roundabout at the Kingsway/Forfar road for about 8.45pm I'll take you up with me.

Thanks, but I've now got a lift!

Going up with Heather, Yvonne and Angie.:clap: See you there!

LM:flower:

Tiggerbabe
16th-October-2005, 03:19 AM
WHAT A FAB NIGHT!
Brilliant party atmosphere,
Bill, Lorna and Lisa looked fabulous in their double trouble carnival outfits,
Fantastic crowd of dancers,
Great music from Trampy,
Fabulous dances all night long!
WOW! WOW! WOW!

Little Monkey
16th-October-2005, 03:21 AM
WHAT A FAB NIGHT!
Brilliant party atmosphere,
Bill, Lorna and Lisa looked fabulous in their double trouble carnival outfits,
Fantastic crowd of dancers,
Great music from Trampy,
Fabulous dances all night long!
WOW! WOW! WOW!
:yeah:
And thanks for all my lovely gentle dances, guys! Also very nice to finally meet Ducasi!:hug:

Tiggerbabe
16th-October-2005, 03:21 AM
Some more pics..........

John and Hazel Lusby, Louise and Bill, Bill and Trampy, Ducasi Piglet Little Monkey and Claire S, Yvonne Mr Fitz and Heather.

Tiggerbabe
16th-October-2005, 03:24 AM
And more...........

Ducasi Tiggerbabe Little Monkey and Claire S, Tramp and Lorna (dancing to the Roxanne Tango from the Moulin Rouge - they were awesome!) Little Monkey and Piglet, Nessa and Shona, Ducasi and a lovely lady.

Little Monkey
16th-October-2005, 03:24 AM
Also very nice to finally meet Ducasi!:hug:

Apart from his very scary t-shirt, that is........... Almost as bad as Mr. Smurf's 'Big Teeth' one. But only almost.....

Tiggerbabe
16th-October-2005, 03:26 AM
and more again............

Karen, Gadget and Louise (thanks Mr Fitz :hug: ), Nessa and Tiggerbabe, Little Monkey with feathers, Nessa and Trampy - aw! :hug:

Gadget
16th-October-2005, 03:41 AM
Good night, good music, good dances, and some better dances...:D {:flower: thank you everyone :hug:} I wish I could remember a couple of the moves I discovered. :tears:

I'm getting a bit concerned that my feet are out of practice for the BFG: I really hope to be able to dance more than 5 hours without my feet hurting... perhaps I should sit some out? :what: :tears: ... naaaaaaaa. :D:clap:

Mr Fitz
16th-October-2005, 10:36 AM
Pics..., Gadget and (still don't know her name - somebody help?)...

...that'll be Louise

Lorna
16th-October-2005, 11:13 AM
Hi,

a really great night. Well done to Bill, the class was brill!!! :worthy:

Great to see so many faces visiting us in Aberdeen. I'm sure you all had a fantastic night. Here are some of the photos that other people took for me. Trampy took most of these, thank you.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Lorna
16th-October-2005, 11:15 AM
And some more.....

Lorna
16th-October-2005, 11:16 AM
last three...

Lisa
16th-October-2005, 05:00 PM
Wow! Fab night. The night was buzzing with a great turn out.

Bill, you lead us :drool: we distracted you :devil: and we had a ball:clap: Great class! It was a bit tricky spinning with our hands on our bums to stop the skirts flying up so much though! :rofl: I'm sure a certain Trampy enjoyed our plight though ;)

Bill, please dance your way back to Aberdeen lots. Thanx again for being a star.

Girls, Bill will still be here until Wed 26th October, so get your BTC fix in now. Geez I feel like a pimpess loaning him out for dances.

Lisa xx

Piglet
16th-October-2005, 05:03 PM
And more...........

Ducasi Tiggerbabe Little Monkey and Claire S, Tramp and Lorna (dancing to the Roxanne Tango from the Moulin Rouge - they were awesome!) Little Monkey and Piglet, Nessa and Shona, Ducasi and a lovely lady.
That lovely lady is my friend June from mothers and toddlers 15 years ago (almost!) and she's only been dancing 2 nights before coming to this party! It's great to see her and I hear she's going to get her husband to come along too!

Thanks for the great photos Sheena and Lorna!!

That was one of the best Aberdeen parties ever and I'm so glad I was there!

Had lots of brilliant dances and could have gone on dancing all night - me and Ducasi came home and watched the Scottish ceroc comp DVD until almost 3am! Mad or what?? (It's really nice to end the night chatting to a fellow cerocker though so thanks Ducasi - you can come and stay again any time!)

Bill
16th-October-2005, 06:38 PM
Wow! Fab night. The night was buzzing with a great turn out.

Bill, please dance your way back to Aberdeen lots. Thanx again for being a star.

Lisa xx

It was a pleasure. I had great fun and thanks for the presents and for all the dances :cheers: :D

I will be back up faily regularly so will see everyone soon. Loved the costumes and didn't even see the pants ;) :whistle:

See you all next week or at the BFG.

:worthy: :clap:

ducasi
16th-October-2005, 07:41 PM
What a brilliant night!!! :clap:

I'm just home, and will write up my blog in a wee while, but I've got to thank everyone for everything!!!

Thanks especially to Claire for the lift and Piglet for putting me up. :hug: :hug: :hug: Couldn't ask for better company. :flower: Oh, and thanks to them for letting me dance with other girls too! :wink:

Thanks to Bill for his hospitality and the Double Trouble class which was great fun. :cheers:

LM, was good to finally meet you too. I promise (not) to wear that t-shirt again. (Delete as desired.) :flower:

Oh, and it was good to meet Gadget too. :cheers:

I had so many lovely dances I couldn't thank everyone, but I do want to mention Lisa and Lorna... I had so much fun dancing with you (I'd hate to have to cope with the two of you in Double Trouble though... :eek: :worthy: to Bill) and you both made me feel very welcome. :hug:

I also had a rather special dance with a certain stripy lady which was a lot of fun, but I'll talk about that on my blog... :wink:

PS> Great photos Lorna and Sheena. :waycool:

ducasi
16th-October-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm just home, and will write up my blog in a wee while, but I've got to thank everyone for everything!!! As promised, here's my blog posting (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/10/16/aberdeen-party-town/) for the night!

If you enjoyed reading it, or enjoyed dancing with me, please leave a comment... :nice:

BTW, didn't say in my previous post and almost forgot to say in my blog post, but the music last night was excellent. More of that please. :flower:

Claire S
17th-October-2005, 01:17 AM
What a fabulous night! :D
Well worth the trip north!

Thank you all for your hospitality & all round friendliness :flower:
I can't wait for the Beach Ballroom next month!!

Loved the music (especially the last hour of blues... :drool: ), had some great dances & met lots of lovely people :nice:
Double trouble class was great fun!
Nice outfits! (Thanks for the pics Sheena & Lorna)

Bill & Trampy dancing.... very funny! :rofl: :rofl:

So a great party AND we get to have Bill nearer us.... you couldn't ask for more! :na:

Piglet
17th-October-2005, 08:36 PM
BTW, didn't say in my previous post and almost forgot to say in my blog post, but the music last night was excellent. More of that please. :flower:
:yeah: I really liked the format of the music for the night with lots of normal speed and faster stuff early on and the last hour for bluesy stuff - very very nice - more parties need to be planned that way I think anyway! Excellent!

David Chu
18th-October-2005, 06:24 AM
Dear Bill and Fran

Whats up?....Are there wedding bells or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Can I just say how wonderful it was to see this post and all the photos of so many beautiful people at the Aberdeen party.....big hiya to you all.

Big Sigh!

Sorry to have missed it actually. Sounds like it was something not to be missed.

Bill, best of luck with your move down to Edinburgh....its nay Australia but far enough I guess.

Bill is like a national treasure of Scotland, he doesn't belong to Aberdeen nor Edinburgh but he is a gift for the whole world to enjoy....isn't that right Fran.

Best wishes to you both from Ceroc Foreign Correspondent...somewhere south of Aberdeen.

XXXXX

David

Dance Demon
18th-October-2005, 02:55 PM
:yeah: I really liked the format of the music for the night with lots of normal speed and faster stuff early on and the last hour for bluesy stuff - very very nice - more parties need to be planned that way I think anyway! Excellent!

You should come to Route 66 sometime.......thats how we've always done it:wink:

Piglet
19th-October-2005, 12:17 AM
Sounds good Dance Demon - I might just take you up on that!:cheers:

ducasi
19th-October-2005, 01:19 AM
My, don't Claire S and Piglet really suit their new avatars! :wink:

:rolleyes:

Piglet
19th-October-2005, 12:20 PM
My, don't Claire S and Piglet really suit their new avatars! :wink:
I'm not sure about Claire's as it reminds me of someone I think I should know, but mine is ace!:D

Wendy
19th-October-2005, 02:32 PM
When I saw his thread I thought "maybe just maybe he's moving to Paris :D " but alas :tears: :tears: :tears:

And then Edinburgh IS nearer than Aberdeen so it's a step in the right direction :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sounds like you had a fab party ! And since I missed it I have just treated myself to some Cote d'Or dark chocolate with orange... sigh...

Love and hugs to you both !!!

Wxxx

Fran
19th-October-2005, 10:51 PM
Dear Bill and Fran

Bill is like a national treasure of Scotland, he doesn't belong to Aberdeen nor Edinburgh but he is a gift for the whole world to enjoy....isn't that right Fran.
David

well, he's a treasure for me. :flower:
many thanks for all the good wishes - we are nearly unpacked :clap:
I am really sorry to Aberdeen but he won't be a stranger to you all. :nice:

hope you a having a good time back in Austraila David take good care, come and visit us soon.
love fran xx