PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the beginners gone?

ducasi
1st-October-2005, 07:41 PM
Having a quick look around the Beginner's corner, and there doesn't seem to have been much beginner discussion lately...

In fact, I can only think of one beginner who's appeared on any part of the forum lately...

Has it always been this way? Don't beginners want to hang around with us? (Are we too elitist for them?)

Please correct me if I'm wrong. :o

Tiggerbabe
1st-October-2005, 07:53 PM
Don't beginners want to hang around with us?
I think, perhaps, they're just a bit shy...........a lot of people join the forum and then read a lot before posting, or maybe even read a lot before joining :wink: :whistle:

ducasi
1st-October-2005, 07:57 PM
I think, perhaps, they're just a bit shy...........a lot of people join the forum and then read a lot before posting, or maybe even read a lot before joining :wink: :whistle: Unlike me... :rolleyes:

Do you think we could motivate beginners to post by offering them rep or dances or chocolate? :flower:

Ankhesenamen
1st-October-2005, 08:06 PM
Unlike me... :rolleyes:

Do you think we could motivate beginners to post by offering them rep or dances or chocolate? :flower:

As a (sort of) beginner, I can quite safely say, that chocolate would most definately help :p

Tiggerbabe
1st-October-2005, 08:19 PM
Unlike me... :rolleyes:
:hug:
but yeah, chocolate's bound to work :wink:

Night Owl
1st-October-2005, 11:21 PM
mmmmmmmmmm

chocolate would work for me every time :clap:

followed closely by ice cream :blush:

Piglet
1st-October-2005, 11:41 PM
mmmmmmmmmm

chocolate would work for me every time :clap:

Me too! I'm a beginner lead - do I qualify?

ducasi
2nd-October-2005, 01:25 AM
OK, I'll buy chocolate for every confirmed beginner in Glasgow who posts more than once between now and their next class on Tuesday in JJ's or Wednesday at the GUU.

Sorry I can't extend this offer to other venues, but maybe someone else will follow my lead...

Any favourite chocolate?

Me too! I'm a beginner lead - do I qualify? No, sorry. :flower: Otherwise I'd have to buy chocolate for way too many people, including myself, as a beginner follower... :whistle:

(Hope I don't regret this!)

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
2nd-October-2005, 11:39 AM
Ummmmm....choc-late arrgggghh... :drool: :yum:

2leftfeet
2nd-October-2005, 09:34 PM
Being one of those beginners, I'm still here. I don't advertise...cause once you have danced with me you will know that I'm a beginner!! Only 9 moves.....but I'm working on it!
Perhaps by BFG I might just have 10!!
2LF :(

Tiggerbabe
2nd-October-2005, 09:39 PM
cause once you have danced with me you will know that I'm a beginner!! Only 9 moves.....but I'm working on it!

Can we have a dance tomorrow night then? I can bring chocolate :wink:

2leftfeet
2nd-October-2005, 09:47 PM
You just want to count!!!! :grin:

Tiggerbabe
2nd-October-2005, 10:08 PM
You just want to count!!!! :grin:
Nah! I just want to dance, I'm hopeless with numbers :wink:

DancingDiva
3rd-October-2005, 10:17 AM
I'm a beginner. I'm just shy :blush:

jockey
3rd-October-2005, 10:26 AM
I have had a recent experience which raises a number of issues relating to "beginners" and others...
I am currently nursing a damaged tendon in my right knee (tripped over cable);
A friend and colleague was recently in the area and as we hadnt danced for a while I agreed to go to a local venue with her (Portsmouth area);
Early on the tendon "gave" slightly: dilemma - cant go home, what to do?
Stayed on and had a dance with a self-avowed beginner (i.e., Im only a beginner, unquote). From recent experience if you are damaged goods beginners are the last thing you need because they end up in the wrong place and put unnecessary stress on your weak bits. Anyway I decided to abort the dance because I had a whole evening to go; I explained my situation and stuck to experienced dancers for the whole of the evening (and did the class).
At the end of the evening the organiser came over and asked me who I was and asked me to explain why I had aborted with one of his dancers (who was a bit taken aback by my actions - presumably incuding the fact that I was seemingly dancing fine for the rest of the evening). I showed him the blue sleeve I was wearing and gave the same explanatioin to him (name supplied if PM) as I had given to the young lady).
Any comments fellow forumites?

David Bailey
3rd-October-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm a beginner. I'm just shy :blush:
Welcome, DancingDiva! I'm amazed no-one's grabbed that name already...

DancingDiva
3rd-October-2005, 10:41 AM
Welcome, DancingDiva! I'm amazed no-one's grabbed that name already...

Thx :D

ShinyWeeStar
3rd-October-2005, 08:37 PM
I think, perhaps, they're just a bit shy...........a lot of people join the forum and then read a lot before posting, or maybe even read a lot before joining :wink: :whistle:

:yeah: I've been reading the forum for a few weeks, but have only just joined - I wanted to get a feel for it first and also see how well the actual dancing went! :o Glad to say I'm having a ball and can't wait till my class each week :clap:

ducasi
3rd-October-2005, 10:30 PM
Welcome to the forum DancingDiva and ShinyWeeStar! :flower:

I owe you both chocolate if you ever come to Glasgow. :nice:

Still no sign of any Glasgow beginners... :sad:

ShinyWeeStar
3rd-October-2005, 10:39 PM
I owe you both chocolate if you ever come to Glasgow. :nice:

I'll remember that :wink:

Alternatively you could stick some in the post... :whistle:

Baruch
3rd-October-2005, 11:19 PM
You're offering rep? Then I'm a beginner :whistle:

Well, I'm a beginner at following, anyway..... :nice:

ducasi
3rd-October-2005, 11:27 PM
You're offering rep? Then I'm a beginner :whistle:

Well, I'm a beginner at following, anyway..... :nice: Me too, but the forum software doesn't allow me to rep myself. :(

ducasi
3rd-October-2005, 11:34 PM
I'll remember that :wink: The BFG isn't so far away... :nice:

2leftfeet
4th-October-2005, 05:40 PM
Sorry Tiger, could not make last night. Wednesday??? If not it will have to be Stirling next Tuesday!!! LOL

Tiggerbabe
4th-October-2005, 06:05 PM
Wednesday???
Count me in :clap: looking forward to it :D

2leftfeet
5th-October-2005, 10:46 PM
Sorry Tiger did not manage the dance tonight, swept off my feet by Lorna!!!

Tiggerbabe
5th-October-2005, 11:57 PM
:tears: I did ask after you, but was told you had gone home. I'll catch you next week :wink:

killingtime
6th-October-2005, 11:02 AM

:rofl: You did, however, manage to give her a pet name.

murphy
6th-October-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm not a beginner dancer (although some would argue this point) but I am fairly beginner on the forum.

As a shy lass as well, I do find it hard to join in forum conversations with everyone when they already know each other and have lots of seemingly "in-jokes" going on....

How does one get over this? Post loads??
:flower:

RogerR
6th-October-2005, 06:04 PM
Look for a new thread that interests you and post a reply, then you need not be intimidated by established (in ) jokes etc.

2leftfeet
6th-October-2005, 06:39 PM
Murphy!!!, thats an incredable idea, why has no one thought of that dance move before!!

murphy
6th-October-2005, 07:41 PM
Well what can I say 2LF? It just came to me the other night while I was shimmy-ing away. :whistle:

I'm nothing if not innovative!!! :rofl:

David Bailey
6th-October-2005, 09:39 PM
I do find it hard to join in forum conversations with everyone when they already know each other and have lots of seemingly "in-jokes" going on....
That's 'coz their an Evil Clique.

(Them, that is, not me. I'm lovely.)

How does one get over this? Post loads??:flower:
Possibly, I'll let you know if I ever do. :)

Seriously, you can get involved as much or as little as you like, but this forum is (online at least) very warm and cuddly and friendly. Posting loads is not mandatory, though. But it's fun.

WittyBird
6th-October-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm not a beginner dancer (although some would argue this point) but I am fairly beginner on the forum.

As a shy lass as well, I do find it hard to join in forum conversations with everyone when they already know each other and have lots of seemingly "in-jokes" going on....

i am a beginner dancer and a beginner on the forum but it helped me to actually meet the other forumites and all u have to do is just join in you will be happily accepted ;)

WittyBird
6th-October-2005, 09:59 PM

whose been telling you lies? or is it just that over inflated opinion of yourself ?:rofl:

ChrisA
6th-October-2005, 10:53 PM

There's no formula for this, but if you have something to say, it really doesn't matter if not many people here already know you. They will do eventually, through what you say.

Talk about things that genuinely interest you in the dance world.

Think about things that other people say that clearly genuinely interests them, and that strike a chord with you - and then respond with your own slant on it all.

If there's one thing that's certain on this forum, it's that there will always be at least one opinion on everything, so there's no shortage of material. This doesn't stop people talking about nothing in particular, of course... and chit chat is some people's preference. That's Ok - the great thing about a forum is that you soon get to know who talks about what sort of things, and there's no one making you read everything.

Welcome, anyway. :nice:

Gojive
6th-October-2005, 11:23 PM
There's no formula for this, but if you have something to say, it really doesn't matter if not many people here already know you. They will do eventually, through what you say.

Talk about things that genuinely interest you in the dance world.

Think about things that other people say that clearly genuinely interests them, and that strike a chord with you - and then respond with your own slant on it all.

If there's one thing that's certain on this forum, it's that there will always be at least one opinion on everything, so there's no shortage of material. This doesn't stop people talking about nothing in particular, of course... and chit chat is some people's preference. That's Ok - the great thing about a forum is that you soon get to know who talks about what sort of things, and there's no one making you read everything.

Welcome, anyway. :nice:

What a nice post. Have some rep :) ..

Lynn
6th-October-2005, 11:32 PM

:flower:I'm shy too (no, I am really...) and I don't think I would have ever joined if it weren't for the fact that I recognised a couple of names of people I had met on a holiday. I took a while to post more often too. And being geographically seperated I reckoned I wouldn't even get to meet other forumites (that was before I had heard of dance weekenders). And the 'crowd' changes over time a bit as well as some people stop calling in and new people come along. So 'in jokes' change over time as well - so don't worry if you don't get them all at the moment (in fact don't worry if you don't get them anyway!)

And posting more lets others get to know you, as well as you getting to know them. But ChrisA already said lots of useful stuff about that so I won't repeat it.:flower: Personally I like the variety of threads and contribute to various ones* - the dance ones have been very helpful and I have benefitted a lot from the shared wisdom on here, the other topics can be thought provoking and the chit chat threads are good for a bit of fun banter.

*but I'm not venturing upstairs into the den!

2leftfeet
6th-October-2005, 11:56 PM
The Ba's on the Slates and the Games up tha Pole!
These well known phrases come to mind!
Well now that Tiger and Franc have gone undercover to expose me.....sorry expose my identity, its soo frustrating now that I have learnt 17 moves!
Will just have to keep on dancing!!
2LF

2leftfeet
7th-October-2005, 12:09 AM
Murphy, if you consider sharing that move with the fourm, you will either make lots of dosh, or have lots of shimmy-ing. Is that correct or is it shimmies as there were more that one after the secret block!
2LF

killingtime
7th-October-2005, 12:37 AM
Seriously, you can get involved as much or as little as you like, but this forum is (online at least) very warm and cuddly and friendly. Posting loads is not mandatory, though. But it's fun.

Nope posting loads isn't mandatory. See here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6586) for a group of people that could quit any time :D. Seriously they are a lovely bunch. I've only been here for a while and they've made me feel very welcome.

killingtime
7th-October-2005, 12:48 AM
Well now that Tiger and Franc have gone undercover to expose me.....sorry expose my identity, its soo frustrating now that I have learnt 17 moves!

Well there are only around 20 beginner moves so you've nearly learned them all :clap:. Welcome to the forum as well. However it should be noted that she's Tiggerbabe and Tigger isn't a Tiger as in this song:

"...They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy,
Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is,
I'm the only one.
Oh, III'm the only one!"

Also since I'm being a big pedantic spoilsport then it's Frank with a K :na:. I was really just being pedantic so I could post some of the Tigger song lyrics :D. I've never heard that being played at a Ceroc venue :really:.

Anyway I feel I'm derailing this thread so sorry :blush:.

Gojive
7th-October-2005, 01:05 AM
Well there are only around 20 beginner moves so you've nearly learned them all :clap:.

And some of us who've been dancing six years, are still trying to learn them all (well) :blush:

Welcome to the forum as well.

Indeed! Welcome :)

Also since I'm being a big pedantic spoilsport then it's Frank with a K :na:. I was really just being pedantic so I could post some of the Tigger song lyrics :D. I've never heard that being played at a Ceroc venue :really:.

Well I'll be even more of a pedantic spoilsport, and tell you it's Franck with both a 'C' and a 'K'! :wink: :na:

killingtime
7th-October-2005, 01:26 AM
Well I'll be even more of a pedantic spoilsport, and tell you it's Franck with both a 'C' and a 'K'! :wink: :na:

:blush: :blush: :blush: Oh; for shame! I feel silly and so I should :tears:.

Gojive
7th-October-2005, 01:35 AM

LOL - Worry not my friend....I'm sure I will give you ample opportunity for sweet revenge :wink: :flower:

WittyBird
7th-October-2005, 01:37 AM

:worthy: at last a bloke that can admit it :rofl: you made my night :rolleyes:

murphy
7th-October-2005, 09:24 AM
That's 'coz their an Evil Clique.

No arguments from me DJ - you gave me my first ever rep on my first ever thread.... :worthy:
:flower: this is how hero worship starts you know:flower:

LMC
7th-October-2005, 09:26 AM
No arguments from me DJ - you gave me my first ever rep on my first ever thread.... :worthy:
:flower: this is how hero worship starts you know:flower:
Looks like you might have your own fan club soon too DJ :devil:

I should check this thread more often... :blush:

*waves at lots of people who have posted, join in, the more the merrier :nice: *

murphy
7th-October-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm shy too (no, I am really...) ..... And the 'crowd' changes over time a bit as well as some people stop calling in and new people come along. So 'in jokes' change over time as well - so don't worry if you don't get them all at the moment (in fact don't worry if you don't get them anyway!)

And posting more lets others get to know you, as well as you getting to know them. ...

What a lovely post :flower: :flower: :flower:

With people like you on the forum, how could anyone stay away?
:clap: :cheers: :clap:

murphy
7th-October-2005, 10:20 AM
Murphy, if you consider sharing that move with the fourm, you will either make lots of dosh, or have lots of shimmy-ing. Is that correct or is it shimmies as there were more that one after the secret block!
2LF

I think that move is best demonstrated than explained in writing. So we'll just have to spread the word in person. Personally I'd go for the shimmying over the dosh.... :rofl:
The key to it was the step just before the block. :worthy:

legion
7th-October-2005, 01:45 PM
Well Ive just signed up today - first time Ive visited the website - been going to ceroc for 6 weeks now, and went to the intermidate class for the first time last night, As the only new beginners move that they did was the first move - but I still only know about 13 beginner moves as they keep repeating the same ones. :angry:

Gojive
7th-October-2005, 01:55 PM
Well Ive just signed up today - first time Ive visited the website - been going to ceroc for 6 weeks now, and went to the intermidate class for the first time last night, As the only new beginners move that they did was the first move - but I still only know about 13 beginner moves as they keep repeating the same ones. :angry:

Welcome to the Forum Legion :waycool:

Don't worry too much about learning a parade ground full of moves just yet, just soldier on and concentrate on doing the ones you do know cleanly, stylishly, and competently (OK, no more puns now, I promise :D ).

You'll be amazed at just how many intermediate and advanced moves are based on beginners moves, and that to do them well, you have to know how to do the basics well in the first place.

Also, ask any experienced lady (assuming you're a leader that is! :) ) what she would prefer....dozens of moves done badly, or a handful done well.....

Happy dancing!

LMC
7th-October-2005, 02:05 PM
Also, ask any experienced lady (assuming you're a leader that is! :) ) what she would prefer....dozens of moves done badly, or a handful done well.....
Even though I don't really count as experienced (as a dancer anyway :devil: ) a few moves led really nicely are far preferable to several dozen "*** was that?" moves. Oh, and leading in time with the music is always a good start as well.

I know I've said it before on here - if I have a really fabulous dance, I couldn't tell you afterwards what moves were done - just that I felt like a million dollars :drool:

That's assuming you're a leader legion? - and where do you dance?

If you're a follower - then don't worry about "learning moves off by heart" so much as relaxing and following the lead :)

ducasi
7th-October-2005, 02:06 PM
Welcome legion!!! Where do you dance, so we can all say "hi"?

It's good if you think you're ready for intermediate class already, but as Gojive says, you have to have the basics sorted out first.

It sounds like you're already addicted to dancing, but be careful you don't get addicted to the forum too! :o

murphy
7th-October-2005, 02:07 PM

Welcome Legion! :clap: :clap:
I totally agree with GoJive. It's better to do a few moves well than a load of moves badly. I think there are only 20ish beginner moves and a few of these are just variations with a pushspin to finish so you probably know most of them anyway.
Do you have a review class with Taxi Dancers at your venue - you could always ask them to show you the rest of the beginner moves after the review class?

2leftfeet
7th-October-2005, 02:18 PM
20ish beginners moves!! I have still to get 3 yet!!

murphy
7th-October-2005, 02:31 PM
20ish beginners moves!! I have still to get 3 yet!!

Do you mean there are three you haven't learnt yet... or you still haven't mastered three....:whistle:

Individual tuition needed??? :rofl:

2leftfeet
7th-October-2005, 02:36 PM
Still havent mastered 17, and 3 to learn.... that does not include your newly invented move.
I have been applying Murphy's Law to it and by this evening I think I will have the formulae to it.
The coefficient of friction of the floor and shoes is throwing me a bit at the mo
2LF

murphy
7th-October-2005, 03:23 PM
Still havent mastered 17, and 3 to learn.... that does not include your newly invented move.
I have been applying Murphy's Law to it and by this evening I think I will have the formulae to it.
The coefficient of friction of the floor and shoes is throwing me a bit at the mo
2LF

Aaaah... the friction.... tricky job getting it just right...
You may want to change your first sign to multiply, and the last bit is to the power of two :cheers:

Gojive
7th-October-2005, 03:27 PM
Aaaah... the friction.... tricky job getting it just right...
You may want to change your first sign to multiply, and the last bit is to the power of two :cheers:

Is that what's known as "Square Dancing"? :na:

Lee
7th-October-2005, 03:31 PM
OK, I'll buy chocolate for every confirmed beginner in Glasgow who posts more than once between now and their next class on Tuesday in JJ's or Wednesday at the GUU.

Sorry I can't extend this offer to other venues, but maybe someone else will follow my lead...

For some chocolate i'll come to Glasgow and go to the beginners class! :drool:

Should we introduce the new users to these threads:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1738

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798

Lee
I'm blonde, what's your excuse?
Copyright ‘LMC’

legion
7th-October-2005, 04:13 PM
Welcome legion!!! Where do you dance, so we can all say "hi"?

It's good if you think you're ready for intermediate class already, but as Gojive says, you have to have the basics sorted out first.

It sounds like you're already addicted to dancing, but be careful you don't get addicted to the forum too! :o

Hi I dance in maidstone in kent, but ended up on this forum as it seems to be the biggest, I an a leader.

I would have gone into the consolidation last night if there had been more than one new move to go over, will see how it goes next thursday.

legion
7th-October-2005, 04:16 PM
Welcome Legion! :clap: :clap:
I totally agree with GoJive. It's better to do a few moves well than a load of moves badly. I think there are only 20ish beginner moves and a few of these are just variations with a pushspin to finish so you probably know most of them anyway.
Do you have a review class with Taxi Dancers at your venue - you could always ask them to show you the rest of the beginner moves after the review class?

I need more moves because otherwise I get lost if I end up with the wrong hand combination after finishing a move as there are only so many that I can do.

But it was a lot better last night, and its nice to be able to have some varition when dancing. and not end up doing the basket 10 times during a dance.

WittyBird
7th-October-2005, 04:21 PM
Hi I dance in maidstone in kent, but ended up on this forum as it seems to be the biggest, I an a leader.

I would have gone into the consolidation last night if there had been more than one new move to go over, will see how it goes next thursday.

Welcome Legion you should get yourself to Ashtons tonite and have some fun :grin:

murphy
7th-October-2005, 04:40 PM
I need more moves because otherwise I get lost if I end up with the wrong hand combination after finishing a move as there are only so many that I can do.

But it was a lot better last night, and its nice to be able to have some varition when dancing. and not end up doing the basket 10 times during a dance.

If you realise in time that you are wrong handed for the next move, you can swap hands as you bring the lady out of the return [ie between the return and step back]. If you do it smoothly (bring your free hand to meet the ladies hand, not the other way round), it shouldn't interrupt your flow. Alternatively you could try ending a move with a spin (first move pushspin, armjive pushspin, etc) and then you can catch with either hand. Hope this helps.

BTW, I am a female that also leads, so I know where you are coming from... I bore myself sometimes with the amount of manspins, first moves and octopus' that I can get into one dance!!! :rofl:

2leftfeet
7th-October-2005, 04:42 PM
This is serious!!

murphy
7th-October-2005, 04:49 PM
This is serious!!

What is? Me boring myself or every woman I dance with?
Are you going to offer me some advice?? :clap:

2leftfeet
7th-October-2005, 04:54 PM
No I'm off to advise myself!!!
Agreeing to dance with such an experienced beginner!!

murphy
7th-October-2005, 05:04 PM
No I'm off to advise myself!!!
Agreeing to dance with such an experienced beginner!!

Oi Referee!
I refer you back to my first post in this thread where I said I wasn't a beginner dancer (as I'm not) although some would disagree (ie the ladies (and some men) that I dance with) but that I was a beginner on the forum.
:blush:
Tee hee... have I got you worried now?? Practising some advanced moves??
:innocent: :flower:

ducasi
7th-October-2005, 07:25 PM

I know exactly where you're coming from... I was craving more moves for a long time, because sometimes 4 yo-yos in a row can be boring to everyone involved. :sad:

The easiest way to give yourself the opportunity to change hands, while still dancing, and thus still still impressing your partner, and at the same time bringing the end of the song that little bit nearer, would be to master man-spins, back-passes and shoulder slides. You can fill out a whole dance with these, just putting in the fancier moves when you're ready for them. Try it – it should work. :nice:

2leftfeet
7th-October-2005, 07:47 PM
Totally agree!!!
I use the shoulder slide for hand changes!
2LF

legion
14th-October-2005, 03:18 PM
Went to ceroc again last night and learnt the octupus and a right handed hip pass in the beginners class and then did the intermidiate class again, Ive been going 7 weeks and free style was SOO much better last night, Ive finally got enough moves to be able keep on dancing easily and recover into a different move if I finish before wrong. :)

LMC
14th-October-2005, 04:22 PM
Went to ceroc again last night and learnt the octupus and a right handed hip pass in the beginners class and then did the intermidiate class again, Ive been going 7 weeks and free style was SOO much better last night, Ive finally got enough moves to be able keep on dancing easily and recover into a different move if I finish before wrong. :)
I've done lead in beginners class 3 or 4 times - but never in freestyle. Except for that dreaded "twice through and straight into freestyle". And the octopus is a *great* move when you're trying to think of what to do next :rofl: So I can appreciate how hard it is for the guys now, well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's been said so often before - but even someone who's barely intermediate like me can totally relate: as followers, we would rather a few moves led really smoothly/well than loads of different moves led badly. DavidB always makes me feel like I'm floating on air if I dance with him - but I'll swear he actually doesn't do *any* moves (i.e. so smooth that I'm really not aware of what they are :nice: :drool: )

Remember that even if you feel like you're repeating the same moves over and over again, every guy will be repeating *different* moves over and over again, so I can promise you us followers won't get bored - pick the moves you like and concentrate on doing them really really well and you'll never be short of a partner :flower: :nice:

Suzanna
29th-October-2005, 02:05 AM

I think you are right, it is shyness. I have to confess that after joining it was some time before I actually posted. And admit that I have not posted since that time. OK, I probably know the answer to this, and I am embarassed to ask as It is probably obvious, but could someone please clarify 'backleading' for me. Thanks

Allez-Cat
29th-October-2005, 02:30 AM
Long thread on this back in March this year, Suzanna. Try this link:
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4871&page=4

CeeCee
29th-October-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Suzanna
I think you are right, it is shyness. I have to confess that after joining it was some time before I actually posted. And admit that I have not posted since that time.

I know how you feel so congratulations to you Suzanna on your second post, keep going until you get to 10 which is quite exciting then another 10 then celebrate some more. It gets easier.

All the Super Posters with their 2,000 posts here and their 3,000 posts there had to start somewhere right!

Happy posting, CeeCee x

MartinHarper
29th-October-2005, 01:05 PM
Super Posters

Is it a bird, is it a plane....
No, it's SuperPoster!

Able to leep to conclusions over small buildings!
Running away from the topic faster than a speeding bullet!
(etc)

Tiggerbabe
29th-October-2005, 08:25 PM
could someone please clarify 'backleading' for me. Thanks
When the "follower" leads the move instead of the leader. HTH :D

baldrick
6th-November-2005, 07:18 PM
When the "follower" leads the move instead of the leader. HTH :D
Is that the same as a follow who finishes moves by themself without any input after the initiating lead?( or worse ignoring a lead into an alternative exit)

Tiggerbabe
7th-November-2005, 03:51 AM
Is that the same as a follow who finishes moves by themself without any input after the initiating lead?( or worse ignoring a lead into an alternative exit)
Nope! The first one is anticipating and the second frustrating. :whistle:

linny lou!
16th-January-2006, 01:18 PM
im a beginner can i have chocolate toooooo! teehee! :clap:

ducasi
16th-January-2006, 02:29 PM
Sure, Maybe at the next Edinburgh party at Marco's if we're both there... :nice:

TheTramp
16th-January-2006, 04:56 PM

:yeah:

killingtime
16th-January-2006, 05:11 PM

What chocolate do you like and what night were you thinking of being there :whistle:?

linny lou!
16th-January-2006, 05:52 PM
oooh i didnt know there was parties!wooweee :eek: i think i mite try the tuesday class!!

ShinyWeeStar
16th-January-2006, 05:54 PM
Lol! See what you've started ducasi :wink:

ducasi
16th-January-2006, 06:10 PM
Lol! See what you've started ducasi :wink:
There's plenty of chocolate in the shops, but few beginners on the forum. :D

ducasi
16th-January-2006, 06:13 PM
:yeah:
OK, as you've just sent me a wee present through e-mail, I'll bring you chocolate when you teach on Wednesday... :flower:

(Beginner teaching beginners? Think of the consequences!)

TheTramp
16th-January-2006, 06:14 PM
OK, as you've just sent me a wee present through e-mail, I'll bring you chocolate when you teach on Wednesday... :flower:
I knew that nude photo of Franck would come in handy one day!!

(Beginner teaching beginners? Think of the consequences!)
It'll be a disaster :eek:

janey
17th-January-2006, 02:55 PM
Well I'm a beginner to dancing & the forum... (thought it was best to read first to avoid looking foolish!). Do I get the chocolate now?

TheTramp
17th-January-2006, 03:12 PM
Well I'm a beginner to dancing & the forum... (thought it was best to read first to avoid looking foolish!). Do I get the chocolate now?

I'll bring some with me on Thursday!! :flower:

ducasi
17th-January-2006, 03:25 PM
I'll bring some with me on Thursday!! :flower:
Cool, saves me taking a hike all the way to Inverness... Again! :D

janey
17th-January-2006, 11:45 PM
Can I have a dance to go with the chocolate??

TheTramp
18th-January-2006, 01:33 AM
Can I have a dance to go with the chocolate??

Ummm. Sure. But you probably don't really want to do with that. I'd just go with the chocolate if I were you! :rolleyes:

Cruella
18th-January-2006, 01:36 AM
Ummm. Sure. But you probably don't really want to do with that. I'd just go with the chocolate if I were you! :rolleyes:
:yeah: :rofl:

TheTramp
18th-January-2006, 01:39 AM
:yeah: :rofl:

Yeah. Cos you didn't enjoy the dances we had at FL then!! :rolleyes:

Cruella
18th-January-2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah. Cos you didn't enjoy the dances we had at FL then!! :rolleyes:
What dances? :devil:

linny lou!
18th-January-2006, 12:20 PM
woooohoooo! i got chocolate last night!nah nah *wiggles bum* :clap:

killingtime
18th-January-2006, 12:22 PM
woooohoooo! i got chocolate last night!

*wiggles bum* :clap:

Now why didn't you do that when you got the chocolate :whistle:.

linny lou!
18th-January-2006, 12:25 PM
ooooh u must have missed it!hahaha! :innocent:

TheTramp
18th-January-2006, 12:28 PM
I'll make sure I bring chocolate to the Edinburgh party then!!

You are coming to that on the 28th?

killingtime
18th-January-2006, 12:36 PM

Dang.

linny lou!
18th-January-2006, 12:42 PM
quite possibly! but i mite be in Inverness that weekend tho! :( *blub*

TheTramp
18th-January-2006, 12:55 PM
quite possibly! but i mite be in Inverness that weekend tho! :( *blub*

Right. That's it. You leave Inverness when you know I'm coming, and then go to Inverness when I come to Edinburgh.

Sounds like a good plan! :rolleyes:

linny lou!
18th-January-2006, 12:57 PM
lol i think you may have a point there! :rofl: *ponders* ill try and be in Edinburgh!

TheTramp
18th-January-2006, 12:58 PM
Okie. I'll try to be there too. With chocolate!

linny lou!
18th-January-2006, 01:00 PM
dont let it melt then! mwahahahaha!:waycool:

ducasi
18th-January-2006, 01:41 PM
Okie. I'll try to be there too. With chocolate!
I don't like the way everyone else is offering chocolates to impressionable beginners when it was my idea in the first place! :mad:

After all, how else am I meant to make them want to dance with me? :confused:

linny lou!
18th-January-2006, 01:42 PM
just give em' a smile! :D

ducasi
18th-January-2006, 01:50 PM
just give em' a smile! :D
I'll give it a try... But after eating so much chocolate...

killingtime
18th-January-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't like the way everyone else is offering chocolates to impressionable beginners when it was my idea in the first place! :mad:

Sorry ducasi :blush:. I was just extending your offer to Edinburgh. After all I know that you are very busy with the Glasgow market.

ducasi
18th-January-2006, 01:55 PM
Sorry ducasi :blush:. I was just extending your offer to Edinburgh. After all I know that you are very busy with the Glasgow market.
Well, not many beginner forumites in Glasgow lately, so I'm forced to take them from wherever they come... :sad:

I'll let off this time, just so long as there's chocolate for me on Friday (after all I'm just a beginner at Route 66!)

killingtime
18th-January-2006, 02:05 PM
I'll let off this time, just so long as there's chocolate for me on Friday (after all I'm just a beginner at Route 66!)

I'm not really sure that counts but... what chocolate do you like? Bear in mind if, like linny_lou, you don't reply then it will just be a Twirl :really:.

linny lou!
18th-January-2006, 02:12 PM
hey i like twirls!good guess i must say! :D

TheTramp
18th-January-2006, 02:12 PM
After all, how else am I meant to make them want to dance with me? :confused:

Oh. Come on. You've got to accept people stealing your ideas. I need some way of getting people to dance with me too!

ducasi
18th-January-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm not really sure that counts but... what chocolate do you like? Bear in mind if, like linny_lou, you don't reply then it will just be a Twirl :really:.
Lindt Lindor? :innocent:

But Twirls are good too... :nice:

ducasi
18th-January-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh. Come on. You've got to accept people stealing your ideas. I need some way of getting people to dance with me too!
Good point. You need all the help you can get. :flower:

TheTramp
18th-January-2006, 02:32 PM
Good point. You need all the help you can get. :flower:
So it's been said :tears:

PretzelMeister
18th-January-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by ducasi
I don't like the way everyone else is offering chocolates to impressionable beginners when it was my idea in the first place!

Hmmmm.....

Welcoming and nice and all the rest of it but smacks along the lines of:

'Ello little girl, would you like a sweetie?

a bit, don't you think? :whistle:

ducasi
18th-January-2006, 03:09 PM
Hmmmm.....

Welcoming and nice and all the rest of it but smacks along the lines of:

'Ello little girl, would you like a sweetie?

a bit, don't you think? :whistle:
Sorry PM, I think you're just jealous, but I'm not bringing you chocolates tonight. :na:

linny lou!
18th-January-2006, 04:25 PM
Less of the little girl thank you! :innocent:

Night Owl
18th-January-2006, 10:24 PM
Right. That's it. You leave Inverness when you know I'm coming, and then go to Inverness when I come to Edinburgh.

Sounds like a good plan! :rolleyes:

Never fear Steve I`ll be there

Ok so not quite the same but heh

TheTramp
19th-January-2006, 02:09 AM
Never fear Steve I`ll be there

Woohoo. I haven't scared everyone away yet then?!?

Ok so not quite the same but heh

Actually, a little bird told me that a certain Edinburgh based young lady is going to be in Inverness for the class after all. It was the offer of chocolate that did it! :rolleyes:

linny lou!
19th-January-2006, 12:36 PM
Actually, a little bird told me that a certain Edinburgh based young lady is going to be in Inverness for the class after all. It was the offer of chocolate that did it! :rolleyes:

tweet tweet! :yeah: :rofl: