PDA

View Full Version : Friday 7th October?

tiger
1st-October-2005, 09:40 AM
Who's going where?

Ashtons is on_ that'll do for me.

ducasi
1st-October-2005, 09:45 AM
Do you mean Friday 7th or Saturday 8th? Or is this a clever tactic to combine both potential threads? :D

Andy McGregor
1st-October-2005, 10:23 AM
Do you mean Friday 7th or Saturday 8th? Or is this a clever tactic to combine both potential threads? :DI think it's an not so clever plug for Ashtons.

But, assuming the question is about Friday the 7th as that's the night Ashtons is on we are spoilt for choice down here on the coast. We've got the pre-Britrock dance at Hove Town Hall, the usual King Alfred, Hove night with a lesson from Viktor and my monthly night of Soul and Motown at the Shoreham Centre*.

*The Soul night is not specifically a MJ night but we do get 20-30 MJers among the 200 muggles :clap:

El Salsero Gringo
1st-October-2005, 11:02 AM
Goodness me. More plugs than a bathroom accessory shop. And we're only on post four.

ducasi
1st-October-2005, 11:03 AM
Do you mean Friday 7th or Saturday 8th? Or is this a clever tactic to combine both potential threads? :D
I guess a moderator has been by and fixed the title...

So, on Friday 7th, I think I'm going out with some pals...

(On the 8th, I'm thinking about going to this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6537)...)

Robin
1st-October-2005, 11:48 AM
Ok - seeing as its a general free for all on the plugs ...

Cheshunt is on - Free fun DWAS with prizes - doors open at 8 , Air-conditioned, Full bar ,FREE water :whistle:

Cruella
1st-October-2005, 11:55 AM
I'll be watching Burn The Floor. :clap:

David Bailey
1st-October-2005, 12:18 PM
Cheshunt is on - Free fun DWAS with prizes - doors open at 8 , Air-conditioned, Full bar ,FREE water :whistle:
Plus, and this to me is the killer bit, a DJ who (we hope!) isn't completely useless at inspiring the crowd, selecting the music, etc. etc.

Not that I'd dare to make any comparisons about the music at Some Nights In Some Other Venues I've been to Very Very Recently, of course, no - I've learnt my lesson, no more explicit naming from me, it's subtle innuendos all the way from now on...

P.S. "Not completely useless" - how's that for a compliment, Robin? :whistle:

Robin
1st-October-2005, 02:02 PM
Plus, and this to me is the killer bit, a DJ who (we hope!) isn't completely useless at inspiring the crowd, selecting the music, etc. etc.

Not that I'd dare to make any comparisons about the music at Some Nights In Some Other Venues I've been to Very Very Recently, of course, no - I've learnt my lesson, no more explicit naming from me, it's subtle innuendos all the way from now on...

P.S. "Not completely useless" - how's that for a compliment, Robin? :whistle:

a major improvement on " what a crap dj!" :wink:

btw where were you on wednesday then ?

David Bailey
1st-October-2005, 02:13 PM
btw where were you on wednesday then ?
Bzzzt! No - wrong answer, I was at home then. Thanks for playing though.

tiger
2nd-October-2005, 12:01 PM
There are some very cynical people around. Get a life.

This thread was started just to find out the usual whos going where+hear about other possible dances that night or weekend.

Missy D
2nd-October-2005, 07:58 PM
Me and Dee will be there and will try our hardest not to lower the tone not promising anything though :rofl: :rofl: Ashtons fridays are still my favourite party nights despite the band this week :whistle:

Northants Girly
2nd-October-2005, 10:35 PM
A night out on the South coast would be lovely :grin:
- if I didn't need to be back on home territory for Daventry on the 8th (can't miss that cos it's on my doorstep! :D )

If it wasn't for the band at Ashton's then that would be my first choice . . .

Still never ventured to Chestunt . . . .

I shall confer with my fellow Midland dance mates . . .

decisions, decisions . . . . :confused:

Lucy Locket
2nd-October-2005, 11:42 PM
i'm fence sitting :whistle: :whistle:

David Bailey
3rd-October-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm leaning towards Daventry now on the Saturday - I loved it last time, great venue and music. And 2am finish!!

Plus, Jive Aces :eek: , and I've done too much Cheshunt-ing recently, I don't want people to start recognising me or something :whistle:

The Ceroc Central website information about Daventry is, as usual, pants - can anyone tell me anymore details than this:

--------------------
Saturday 08 October 2005
daventry (nn11 5af)
daventry leisure centre (main hall), lodge road

Note: grease theme, 7.45 pm - 2 am, £10 entry: including class, dance contest & cabaret (contact emma: 01327 311137, emma@ceroccentral.com)
--------------------

It's not exactly choc-full of detailed information, is it? :rolleyes:

senorita
3rd-October-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm leaning towards Daventry now on the Saturday - I loved it last time, great venue and music. And 2am finish!!

Plus, Jive Aces :eek: , and I've done too much Cheshunt-ing recently, I don't want people to start recognising me or something :whistle:

The Ceroc Central website information about Daventry is, as usual, pants - can anyone tell me anymore details than this:

--------------------
Saturday 08 October 2005
daventry (nn11 5af)
daventry leisure centre (main hall), lodge road

Note: grease theme, 7.45 pm - 2 am, £10 entry: including class, dance contest & cabaret (contact emma: 01327 311137, emma@ceroccentral.com)
--------------------

It's not exactly choc-full of detailed information, is it? :rolleyes:

not sure what other details you needed...but try...
http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/event-list.asp
this might have more details..not sure
DJ: toby wan kenobe, mixing it at the decks with Rob Ambridge;

LMC
3rd-October-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm joining LL on the fence for Friday - Ashton's or Cheshunt probably - Ashtons is later, but the banana men? :sick:

And tempted by Daventry on Saturday... only an hour's drive :)

Cruella
3rd-October-2005, 12:54 PM
Got to miss Daventry this time i'm afraid. :tears: The one weekend i decide to go back up to Newcastle dancing and theres loads on down south. But the following weekend when i'm free there doesn't seem to be much on. Someones trying to tell me something. :sick:

Lucy Locket
3rd-October-2005, 01:04 PM
and if anyone needs a bed saturday you are welcome to stay :clap:

jivecat
3rd-October-2005, 01:18 PM
Friday;Wythall
Saturday; Daventry

Should make up for the dismal dance desert that was last weekend!

Zebra Woman
3rd-October-2005, 01:47 PM
Ashtons Friday for me.

I believe Ian and Bob are DJ-ing together, the last Ashtons Friday I went to was the best Ceroc Freestyle set I've ever heard...really! Such a pity to have the Banana Men are on...grrrr. A hell of a lot of us saw them just 3 weeks ago at SP .

Ain't no bady......No bady...No BADY!.....(No please, help! The voices won't stop. :tears: )

*plays alternative (non Banana) music on mp3 player*

Phew , that's better...... :grin:

Daventry on Saturday.

Again not ideal as there are so many interruptions to the freestyle, competition, cabaret, fun class...etc. But it's a long night and I have to be there for Twk's first set in the sticks :clap: . First of many I hope.

ZW :flower:

stewart38
3rd-October-2005, 02:16 PM
Ashtons Friday for me.

I believe Ian and Bob are DJ-ing together, the last Ashtons Friday I went to was the best Ceroc Freestyle set I've ever heard...really! Such a pity to have the Banana Men are on...grrrr. A hell of a lot of us saw them just 3 weeks ago at SP .

Ain't no bady......No bady...No BADY!.....(No please, help! The voices won't stop. :tears: )

*plays alternative (non Banana) music on mp3 player*

Phew , that's better...... :grin:

For those who dont know this catchy tune words attached almost on par with show me the way to 'Amrillo' . Classics :yeah:
---------------------------------------

I'm just a gigolo, and everywhere I go
People know the part I'm playing
Paid for every dance (he's paid every dance)
Selling each romance (so much for romance)
Oh, what they're saying
There will come a day when youth will pass away
What will they say about me
When the end comes I know, I was just a gigolo
Life goes on without me

Oh, what they're saying
Life goes on without me

'Cause, I ain't got nobody
Nobody cares for me, nobody cares for me, nobody
I'm so sad and lonely (sad and lonely)
Won't some sweet mama come
And take a chance with me
'Cause I ain't so bad

Bozadee bodzee bop, bodzee bop

I ain't got nobody
I'm so sad and lonely
(Sad and lonely, sad and lonely)
Nobody (nobody)
Nobody (nobody)
Whiffs (Whiffs)

-------------------------

Zebra Woman
3rd-October-2005, 02:44 PM
Nah Stewart I think you've missed a bit:

Oh, what they're saying
Life goes on without me

Oh, what they're saying
Life goes on without me

'Cause, I ain't got nobody
I'm so sad and lonely (sad and lonely)
Won't some sweet mama come
And take a chance with me
'Cause I ain't so bad

Bozadee bodzee bop, bodzee bop

I ain't got nobody
I'm so sad and lonely
(Sad and lonely, sad and lonely)
Nobody (nobody)
Nobody (nobody)

....ain't No-bady...ain't no bady....No bady.......NO BADY!...........No BADY....NO BADY.......NO BADY!!. :angry: ....no bady :tears:

....ain't No-bady...ain't no bady....No bady.......NO BADY!...........No BADY....NO BADY.......NO BADY!!. :angry: ....no bady :tears:

No bady cares for me.
Whiffs (Whiffs)

I promise you there is enough time to nip up to the loos , wash and change your clothes during the banana coloured bit.

I know where I'll be. :innocent:

CJ
3rd-October-2005, 04:17 PM
I know where I'll be. :innocent:

Getting fed at the back of the hall!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And no, NOT at an all you can eat buffet!! :rofl:

SilverFox
3rd-October-2005, 06:43 PM
Getting fed at the back of the hall!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The man sure is on form today! :worthy:

lindyloo
3rd-October-2005, 09:05 PM
Just to let those who don't want the band, they are only on for 45mins, so there is still another 3 1/4 hrs of freestyle with 2 DJ's!!

LMC
3rd-October-2005, 09:19 PM
Oh well, I guess the banana men being on means that some of us might get to chat to each other for a wee while :rofl: - where's the nearest pub, 45 minutes is long enough to get a couple of drinks in....

Missy D
3rd-October-2005, 09:25 PM
Oh well, I guess the banana men being on means that some of us might get to chat to each other for a wee while :rofl: - where's the nearest pub, 45 minutes is long enough to get a couple of drinks in....

Maybe we could all go upstairs and have a forum meeting whilst the band is playing! Me and Dee will be there promise not to lower the tone!

Paul F
5th-October-2005, 06:59 PM
I was originally going to go to the pre-champs dance at Brighton but that sounds rather scary and rather odd with an 'alternative' theme. :sick:

Hoping to be at Ashtons instead.
If anyone is organising anything to do 'mid-band' then please please please dont forget me. :flower: It would be great to be able to take a break when they are on.

WittyBird
5th-October-2005, 07:18 PM
Maybe we could all go upstairs and have a forum meeting whilst the band is playing! Me and Dee will be there promise not to lower the tone!

It will take you approximately 30 seconds before the tone is lowered... :rofl: if you can last longer than that I will show my ass over the balcony :blush:

Icey
5th-October-2005, 08:07 PM
It will take you approximately 30 seconds before the tone is lowered... :rofl: if you can last longer than that I will show my ass over the balcony :blush:

Well, that's just asking for someone to dare you isn't it! :rofl:

WittyBird
5th-October-2005, 08:10 PM
Well, that's just asking for someone to dare you isn't it! :rofl:

yeah if you want all the lights to go out..... no it wasnt meant like that actually so dont even think about it madam :waycool:

Missy D
5th-October-2005, 11:19 PM

*packs dance shoes, towel, spare dance clothes, gaffer tape and polaroid camera* :rofl:

WittyBird
6th-October-2005, 03:59 PM
*packs dance shoes, towel, spare dance clothes, gaffer tape and polaroid camera* :rofl:
make sure it has a wide angle lense :rofl:

Missy D
6th-October-2005, 04:57 PM
make sure it has a wide angle lense :rofl:

Ahhhhhhhh!!! :hug:

Off to Burn the Floor now!!:clap:

senorita
7th-October-2005, 09:39 AM
Got to miss Daventry this time i'm afraid. :tears: The one weekend i decide to go back up to Newcastle dancing and theres loads on down south. But the following weekend when i'm free there doesn't seem to be much on. Someones trying to tell me something. :sick:

There is a charity T dance at Ashtons on the 16th that Colin is organising again. £8.50 in advance or £10 on the door :nice: :hug:

Zebra Woman
7th-October-2005, 12:26 PM
Getting fed at the back of the hall!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And no, NOT at an all you can eat buffet!! :rofl:

:rofl:

I get this joke now.

Yes I expect I will have something to eat CJ , but I will be feeding myself :innocent:

some crisps I expect.

Cruella
7th-October-2005, 12:33 PM
There is a charity T dance at Ashtons on the 16th that Colin is organising again. £8.50 in advance or £10 on the door :nice: :hug:
Sounds good, any more details? Times etc. Who else is up for this then?

dee
7th-October-2005, 01:39 PM

Ok then Wittybird I DARE YOU!!!!! :rofl:

WittyBird
7th-October-2005, 04:05 PM
Ok then Wittybird I DARE YOU!!!!! :rofl:
Ok just cos its you :blush: my ass is a great sight so be prepared for a total eclipse! :rofl:

dee
7th-October-2005, 04:10 PM
Ok just cos its you :blush: my ass is a great sight so be prepared for a total eclipse! :rofl:

All i need now is for sis and i not to lower the tone :whistle:

anyone going to take the pic ?? i may just give that one a miss :rofl:

I take it its not like button moon?

WittyBird
7th-October-2005, 04:26 PM
All i need now is for sis and i not to lower the tone :whistle:

anyone going to take the pic ?? i may just give that one a miss :rofl:

I take it its not like button moon?

you dont know what your missing :rofl:
anyway whose playing out at Ashtons tonight? :waycool:

Northants Girly
7th-October-2005, 04:40 PM
anyway whose playing out at Ashtons tonight? :waycool:I'll be there with ZW and Miss Conduct :D

WittyBird
7th-October-2005, 04:57 PM
I'll be there with ZW and Miss Conduct :D
i look forward to meeting you i promise i wont look as bad as the yucky pics:grin:

Robin
7th-October-2005, 05:18 PM
Sounds good, any more details? Times etc. Who else is up for this then?

Well, we are djing some time - rushing back from a weekender at eastbourne and its for autism so its a must for us

afaik it starts at 2 until 6.30 - but I'm a bit vague - sorry - sure someone else will post!