PDA

View Full Version : Amir teaching at the Beach Ballroom November 05!

Piglet
29th-September-2005, 01:14 PM
For those of you missing the BFG because you couldn't make that week-end, now is the time to mark the next big week-end in your diary:

The November (19th/20th) Beach Ballroom Week-end in Aberdeen. I have just confirmed our guest teacher: Amir Giles. Check out the Beach Ballroom page (http://cerocscotland.com/Beach.htm) for more info! :D

WOW! Have heard lots about Amir and I'm really excited he's coming up to Aberdeen now!!!!! Well done Franck :worthy:

Tiggerbabe
29th-September-2005, 01:38 PM
Well done Franck :worthy:
Yeah :hug: What a fantastic couple of months this is gonna be - the BFG and then Amir at the Beach Ballroom (wonder if he'll do a special cabaret for Franck's birthday :wink: )

Thanks Franck, can't wait to see who you're bringing us for next year :clap:

Rhythm King
29th-September-2005, 01:54 PM
For those of you missing the BFG because you couldn't make that week-end, now is the time to mark the next big week-end in your diary:

The November (19th/20th) Beach Ballroom Week-end in Aberdeen.[/URL] for more info! :D

Bummer - I'm away that weekend too :tears: I do want to come visit north of the border again sometime - honest! :sad:

CJ
29th-September-2005, 02:09 PM
The November (19th/20th) Beach Ballroom Week-end in Aberdeen. I have just confirmed our guest teacher: Amir Giles. Check out the Beach Ballroom page (http://cerocscotland.com/Beach.htm) for more info! :D[/color]

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amir is doing a class on the Sat, and I'll be too sore after Baby Peaches does her thing on the Fri!! :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Baby Peaches
29th-September-2005, 03:33 PM

Amir is doing a class on the Sat, and I'll be too sore after Baby Peaches does her thing on the Fri!! :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Sorry pal, but you did insist. Hahahahaha!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

I am really looking forward to the Beach Ballroom weekend, especially now with Amir doing a class or hopefully two (or three or four or...........) :clap:

Piglet
29th-September-2005, 11:43 PM

We'll be gentle with you CJ - promise! :hug:

Heather
30th-September-2005, 10:49 PM
Amir at the Beach Ballroom (wonder if he'll do a special cabaret for Franck's birthday :wink: )

I thought that Franck's birthday cabaret was traditionally a 'girlie' thing !!! :wink: :wink: :rofl:

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

filthycute
30th-September-2005, 11:06 PM
I'd love to see Amir again.....i loved his workshop in Edinburgh, but unless he promises to do a special birthday cabaret for me i'll be too busy being 30 with my beloved :flower:

fc x

Tiggerbabe
30th-September-2005, 11:33 PM
I thought that Franck's birthday cabaret was traditionally a 'girlie' thing !!! :wink: :wink: :rofl:

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx
Not that Franck will be expecting a cabaret, of course :wink: (think we've spoiled him in the past H :rofl: )

Gadget
30th-September-2005, 11:46 PM
oh, believe me: it's not just him you've spoilt :wink: :whistle:

Monika
3rd-October-2005, 01:07 PM
Wee tip for those wanting to spend the week-end in Aberdeen - if you want to stay at the lovely Patio Hotel next door to Beach Ballroom venue you can get a "Autumn Gold offer" through http://www.visitscotland.com or call them directly on 0845 2255121 £32.50 per person in twin/double room and £ 15,- supplement for single occupancy - covers room and full breakfast.
If you're only planning to stay the Saturday night cheapest option for single room is to book directly on Patio Hotel website via online booking £60,-
Happy dancing :clap: :)
Mon x

Petal
4th-October-2005, 10:44 AM
Amir at the Beach Ballroom

:clap: :clap: can't wait, did his Jango workshop in June at Southport and it was brill. :worthy:

ducasi
17th-October-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi...

Does anyone know the venue for the Sunday night party?

Planning to make it up to Aberdeen for the weekend, but don't know if I'll stay for the Sunday party yet... Might go home via Stirling instead...

Also depends on whether and when I can get a lift... http://tinyurl.com/9hxfl

Piglet
17th-October-2005, 08:57 PM
Does anyone know the venue for the Sunday night party?

No idea yet - but it has usually been either the Northern Hotel or the Station Hotel (at least in my time of dancing):flower:

foxylady
20th-October-2005, 03:05 PM
Yoo- Hoo :clap: :clap:

Sparkles and I are coming up for beach ballroom, and doing route 66 on the friday night, and the blues in stirling on the sunday...

SO looking forward to dancing with all those fabby scotsmen again !!!

and lots of WCS at route 66 on the friday ??? here's hoping....

Foxy

Piglet
20th-October-2005, 05:37 PM
Just heard last night - and confirmed it when I looked at the Beach Ballroom page - places are limited for Amir's workshops - so get in quick if you're thinking about it.

BTW Franck - how come we're not having a Friday night party too??:tears:

ducasi
31st-October-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi,

Can someone confirm that it's the (Festival Inns) Aberdeen City Hotel that the workshops on Saturday are in? Rather than the "Ramada Jarvis" Aberdeen City Hotel.

Cheers!

Gadget
31st-October-2005, 11:06 PM
From earlier on this trhread: Beach Ballroom Page (http://cerocscotland.com/Beach.htm)
Saturday 19th November. Venue: Ramada Jarvis Aberdeen City Hotel, 43-45 Market Street - AB11 5EL.
* 12.30pm to 2.30pm: Improving your Spins and Creating Variety and Style!
* 3.00pm to 5.00pm: Hitting the Breaks with Style and Confidence
from 8.00pm 'til 1.00am... Jango Class with Amir! Venue: Beach Ballroom, Beach Boulevard - Aberdeen.

Sunday 20th November: Venue: The Station Hotel, 78 Guild Street - AB11 6GN.
* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Jango - Tango-Jive Fusion for Ceroc Dancers!
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Changing the Pace and Advanced Dance Techniques
Sunday 20th November: Chill out night. Venue: The Station Hotel, 78 Guild Street - AB11 6GN. 8.00pm 'til Midnight. Chilled music and a stylish class to bring the week-end to a sultry and sexy finish...

ducasi
1st-November-2005, 12:05 AM
Saturday 19th November. Venue: Ramada Jarvis Aberdeen City Hotel, 43-45 Market Street - AB11 5EL Saw that, but I can't find it on the Ramada Jarvis web site, I can find it on the Festival Inns web site however... :nice:

Just thought I'd double-check... :wink:

Gadget
1st-November-2005, 02:10 PM
It's changed hands a few times in the last few years - on the hill just down from union street - when you come out of the shopping malls, keep going; if you find boats and stuff, you've gone too far.

ducasi
1st-November-2005, 04:10 PM
Cheers... it's not so much finding it (though I'll be coming from the station, I expect, so it's just along the road a bit) as I may want to stay in it. Would hate to book into the wrong hotel.

I think I've managed to convince myself that it's the right place.

Piglet
5th-November-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi,

Can someone confirm that it's the (Festival Inns) Aberdeen City Hotel that the workshops on Saturday are in? Rather than the "Ramada Jarvis" Aberdeen City Hotel.

Cheers!
In our Yellow Pages its in as

"The Aberdeen City Hotel, 43-45 Market Street, Aberdeen.
Tel: 01224 582255"

Not at all sure about the "Festival Inns" bit that you seem to have found, but as Gadget says, they like changing the name of that one for some reason.

Hope that helps. Why they didn't just keep the name as the Douglas Hotel I shall never know - that's what I still call it anyway :rofl: Used to be some great alternative music nights there - oh those were the days!

ducasi
5th-November-2005, 10:35 PM
Thanks Piglet! :hug:

I've just booked myself a room there for the 19th.

Although their own web site thinks they are booked solid until at least March, I was able to get a room for £48 on Hotelopia (http://www.hotelopia.co.uk/).

Look forward to seeing you there! :nice:

Piglet
18th-November-2005, 10:37 PM
Just a thought, and perhaps a mite too late for some - sorry, but...

If you fancy some free parking in Aberdeen for Amir's workshops, then the Chapel Street car park is free Saturdays and Sundays and is only about a 15-20 minute walk along Union Street to get to the Ramada Jarvis - even closer to the Station Hotel, if you're ever here for a workshop going on there too!

Otherwise you pay to park in town (unless you're very clever!)

Piglet
21st-November-2005, 01:58 PM
Absolutely brilliant weekend!

More! More! More! please Franck and Amir!
That's been my favourite Beach Ballroom weekend ever (even though the Friday night was missing). Great music played both on the Saturday and the Sunday. Fantastic workshops that had just the right level of information in them - for the first time ever I didn't feel overloaded by the end of the Sunday and sit in a corner hoping for 4 o'clock to come as quick as it could. Amir paced things brilliantly and his mix of practical dancing and listening activities were really good. Reckon I've learned a lot - just got to try putting it all into practice!

But lots of thanks to the fantastic leads from last night (Claire S included :wink: Go girl!) whom I had just the bestest fun with and can't wait for more. You were all stars guys!

jammy
21st-November-2005, 03:47 PM
this weekend was my first ever beach ballroom weekend and all i have 2 say is wow:clap: it was brill amir was fantastic. franck u defo need 2 get him bak. had amazin dances on the sat night one of my best dances was with Dave H then the dance with Trampy leading me Dave H and Steve B.:rofl:
met so many nice new pepole and also all the lovey faces i knew.:grin:

well ill be bak for the next one

Baby Peaches
21st-November-2005, 06:12 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!!

The weekend was just brilliant. Amir was great and I have learned loads to bring back to Norway and pass on. It was really great too to put real names and faces to some forumites. Thanks to those of you that I managed to get a dance with, they were all fab!!:clap:

Cheers Sheena for being a great host later in the evening, had a real good belly laugh:rofl: ! Champers was good too.:cheers:

I am now absolutely knackered but the whole thing was well worth it!:worthy:

Petal
21st-November-2005, 07:19 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!!

The weekend was just brilliant. Amir was great and I have learned loads to bring back to Norway and pass on. It was really great too to put real names and faces to some forumites. Thanks to those of you that I managed to get a dance with, they were all fab!!:clap:

Cheers Sheena for being a great host later in the evening, had a real good belly laugh:rofl: ! Champers was good too.:cheers:

I am now absolutely knackered but the whole thing was well worth it!:worthy:

:yeah: :clap: :clap:

My best Beach Ballroom weekend, Fantastic. Amir Giles is amazing:worthy: . Great dances on saturday night. Can't wait to do it all again.:cheers:

Caro
21st-November-2005, 08:01 PM
Great week-end once again; Amir is a fantastic teacher I learnt an awful lot from him this week-end.... moves and musicality... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Thanks a lot Franck, am really looking forward to the next beach ballroom week end! It's gonna be difficult to do better!!!

By the way this is my first post , hopefully the first one of a long series!!! :clap:

ChrisA
21st-November-2005, 08:22 PM
So what do those of you that were there think of the "Amir first move" then? :worthy:

I assume he used it?

Baby Peaches
21st-November-2005, 08:45 PM
Great week-end once again; Amir is a fantastic teacher I learnt an awful lot from him this week-end.... moves and musicality... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Thanks a lot Franck, am really looking forward to the next beach ballroom week end! It's gonna be difficult to do better!!!

By the way this is my first post , hopefully the first one of a long series!!! :clap:

Welcome to the mad Forum Caro! :flower:

Night Owl
21st-November-2005, 09:02 PM
I had a ball

Glad I stayed for Amir`s classes on the Sunday:yeah:

Had loads of lovely dances,far too many people to thank :flower:

And Steve loved the Triple trouble brill

foxylady
21st-November-2005, 09:13 PM
Huge thanks to Franck and Sheena for organising such a fabulous evening on saturday. Loads of thanks to ALL the lovely scottish people I met over the weekend who were friendly, helpful, inclusive, generous, funny, etc etc etc.... You guys certainly know how to throw parties !

Foxy

ducasi
21st-November-2005, 10:55 PM
So what do those of you that were there think of the "Amir first move" then? :worthy:

I assume he used it?
Um... Nice, but not so different from how I do first moves now I think.

Caro
22nd-November-2005, 12:08 AM

I assume he used it?

really smooth... really nice! that changes from the 'bouncy' style and I like it a lot! suppose it makes more sense with tango-ish and smoother kind of music... nice to match the style of the track!

and thanks for the welcome baby peaches! :wink:

Tiggerbabe
22nd-November-2005, 11:19 PM
You guys certainly know how to throw parties !

Have to say, that was definitely one of the best after party parties we've ever had! (Shame the management had to end it prematurely!) What a laugh, fab that Lorna managed to stay for a while too (even if she did go home with the only jacket I'd brought for the weekend :wink: )

CJ - you're a star, the picture of you being reduced to a heap of laughter on the floor (after David banged Lily's head off the wall) will stay with me for a long, long time. And how you kept a straight face when you answered the phone telling us to be quiet, I'll never know (years of practice with the band?)

Spice'n'Easy and Silver Fox - fab taste in after party booze - well done guys! and thankyou :kiss: SF - you deserve a mention for being so brave in that skirt, think Franck might need new "girls" for next year's cabaret :rofl:

It was an absolutely brilliant weekend - hopefully we'll have Amir back again some time soon :clap:
Had a fab night at the Beach Ballroom - huge up to Lorna for doing the choreography for Franck's cabaret, and for bringing her hairdrier :wink: to Heather for singing and to all of the other "Palmer-style" girls; Linzi (fab drums :rofl: ) Yvonne, Karen and Lisa.
Great to see so many people down (or is that across?) from Inverness and, of course, all of the wonderful visitors from down South. Tessa looked amazing in "that" dress and Sarah, thanks for the dance on Sunday :hug:
Was a complete surprise to see David and Lily :wink: and Sheepman :clap:

The weekend ended for me in Stirling and what an amazing night that was - finally got a dance and a half with Spice'n'Easy (was worth the wait but I need more :drool: ) and the Fox as well :worthy:
Thanks to Little Monkey for bringing Sheepman and Jo C - and to the lady who gave Ducasi a lift from Aberdeen (as that meant I managed to get a dance with him too) :D

Thanks again to Franck, for continuing to bring us fab teachers and for managing to be "surprised" at the cabaret :whistle:

p.s. Don't suppose anyone took any pictures?

Night Owl
23rd-November-2005, 01:20 AM
Have to say, that was definitely one of the best after party parties we've ever had! (Shame the management had to end it prematurely!)

Great to see so many people down (or is that across?) from Inverness and, of course, all of the wonderful visitors from down South.
p.s. Don't suppose anyone took any pictures?

And I never got my birthday dance with you :tears: boo hoo:tears:

Franck
23rd-November-2005, 12:24 PM
My best Beach Ballroom weekend, Fantastic. Amir Giles is amazing:worthy: . Great dances on saturday night. Can't wait to do it all again.:cheers:Thanks guys, and I'm glad you all had a good time! :clap:

I too really enjoyed the week-end, I loved Amir's relaxed teaching style and you could see on the day everyone learning and applying new concepts!

The party at the Beach Ballroom was buzzing, definitely one of the best ones, great music from CJ and Tiggerbabe, with an interesting impromptu set from Amir in the middle!
My birthday cabaret was brilliant once again, thanks girls: Lorna for the choreography, Sheena for the lyrics, Heather for the singing, Karen, Yvonne, Lindsay and Lisa, you were all gorgeous and I can't thank you enough... :hug:

The party after the party was a classic! So much Champagne was consumed, I was in my element :D Too many funny things to recall, but Sparkles, Foxylady, Silverfox and David and LilyB were on top form and fitted right in with our local troublemakers :wink: It's also the first time we've been evacuated by the management of the hotel, so it must have been very good!

It was a wonderful surprise to see David & Lily, thanks for coming and for the dances Lily, shame I didn't get back to David for the promised (threatened?) dance.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their good wishes, and the amazing dances, the night was over all too soon.

It was a shame to have to rush on the Sunday afternoon to get back to Stirling for the 'Focus on... ' workshops and Smooth freestyle, but worth the effort, and we did work very hard (well done ladies, some brilliant hi-jacking :wink: ) and the freestyle was a credit to Tiggerbabe who played superb tunes, one after the other, so that even SilverFox had to get up despite his bad back!

Overall, a brilliant week-end, and I can't wait for the next one. We will definitely have Amir again next year, we're already talking dates and I'll keep you all posted.

Tiggerbabe
24th-November-2005, 01:41 AM
My birthday cabaret was brilliant once again
And for those of you who missed it (SF :whistle: ) here are the words.....

ADDICTED TO FRANCK
(To the tune of "Addicted to Love" - Robert Palmer)

The lights are on, the music plays
A huge smile is on his face
A great dance, his body shakes
Another comb is what it takes

He loves champagne, Bon Appetit
A great host, he seldom sleeps
He’ll dance all day, and then all night
Another comb is just right

Whoa, we used to think we were immune to his charms, oh
Yeah

Ooh la Frenchie’s got us hooked, our mind’s a blank
You know,

We’re gonna have to face it, we’re addicted to Franck

From Rutherglen to Aberdeen,
We all dance, so very keen
Now Inverness have joined too
Another comb, and they’ll be his, it’s dancing bliss

We can’t be saved
One dance is all we crave
A comb, a shimmy, a walk or two
All the things he makes us do!

Whoa, we used to think we were immune to his moves, oh
Yeah

Ooh la Frenchie’s got us hooked, our mind’s a blank
You know,

We’re gonna have to face it, we’re addicted to Franck

Might as well face it, we’re addicted to Franck

(Guitar Solo)

The music plays, we all dance
Scotland’s gain - a loss for France
A great dance, and we’re in heaven!
Another comb, or maybe seven?

Whoa, we used to think we were immune to his charms, oh
Yeah

Ooh La Frenchie’s got us hooked, our mind’s a blank, you
Know we’re

Gonna have to face it, we’re addicted to Franck,

:clap: :clap:

Tiggerbabe
24th-November-2005, 01:59 AM
Some of the party people :wink: but not all :whistle:

cheeks
24th-November-2005, 10:58 AM
:blush: Fab pics babe:nice: bit concerned about the face of the redhead with Petal though :whistle:

foxylady
24th-November-2005, 11:11 AM
mmm yes lovely pics, but I do wish I had been sitting a little more elegantly, with a bit less leg showing :blush: