PDA

View Full Version : Slightly different food combinations

Icey
26th-September-2005, 03:00 PM
Today, I got evicted from the office over a minor disagreement about my sandwiches. My manager threw a complete wobbley over my them saying they contained the home produce of Beelzebub and were really quite revolting. He then proceded to consult all his mates and their general response was "Is she pregnant?" and "that's just nasty"

My sandwiches were brussels pate and gherkins, so I want to know does anyone else eat food combinations which are a little out of the ordinary?

ducasi
26th-September-2005, 03:07 PM
My sandwiches were brussels pate and gherkins ... That's just nasty... :sick:

Are you pregnant? :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
26th-September-2005, 03:33 PM
Peanut butter, cheese and Nutella?

Peanut butter, marmite and lemon curd?

Little Monkey
26th-September-2005, 03:34 PM
My sandwiches were brussels pate and gherkins, so I want to know does anyone else eat food combinations which are a little out of the ordinary?

Rather quite a common sandwich filler in Scandinavia, so I'm not surprised, revolted or shocked. Pate and gherkins, yum! :drool:

I used to go to a boarding school in Norway (only for one year), and we had quite a few international students. These lovely people were not quite used to our cuisine, and the sandwiches they created at breakfast and lunchtime were rather..... Interesting. Note: Breakfast, lunch and supper were the buffet variety (or 'smorgosbord, as you for some reason insist on calling it..... We call it 'koldtbord'. Translation on request), and normally had a selection of cheeses, cold meats, fishy stuff, eggs, etc.

Among the masterpieces:

Brussels pate with sweet goats cheese

Caviar, cheese and sliced boiled eggs

Pate, fish and cheese

Sweet goats cheese with caviar

etc, etc, etc........ Truly inspiring stuff! Yuc! :sick:

LM

Dizzy
26th-September-2005, 03:39 PM
I get funny looks when I have peanut butter and banana sandwiches!! :whistle:

LMC
26th-September-2005, 03:42 PM
I went on a scientific research expedition to Australia where we would work about 24 hours straight and then have a rest day. At about 3 am (after 18 or so hours fieldwork) we'd get hungry. Really hungry. Unfortunately, because we were based in the middle of nowhere, we'd just have to make sandwiches from whatever the organisers had brought. I think my best effort was cold beef, boiled eggs, peanut butter, alfalfa (green stuff) and jam. Yes, jam. I needed the sugar. It worked rather well actually - or perhaps it was the piquancy of the platypus s*** on my hands because there were no washing facilities... perhaps I'll stop there.

killingtime
26th-September-2005, 03:46 PM
Well...

Peanut Butter and Banana seems to be considered quite weird (like Dizzy said). Nothing like ESG's choice though. Pizza with Banana on :drool: (sometimes with things like Tuna or a selection of fruit on as well). I recently had Prawn and Egg Mayo on a baked potato which people gave me a funny look over.

Loads; I like weird combinations :D.

Feelingpink
26th-September-2005, 03:48 PM

My sandwiches were brussels pate and gherkins...Yum. Don't see the problem with this ... although a friend's "Scooby Snacks" of bread, taramasalata & cheese seems a waste of both ingredients.

Icey
26th-September-2005, 03:49 PM
Pizza with Banana on :drool:

I'm a very big fan of pizza with potato salad on top :drool: will have to try the banana variety.

TiggsTours
26th-September-2005, 03:54 PM
Well...

Peanut Butter and Banana seems to be considered quite weird (like Dizzy said). Nothing like ESG's choice though. Pizza with Banana on :drool: (sometimes with things like Tuna or a selection of fruit on as well). I recently had Prawn and Egg Mayo on a baked potato which people gave me a funny look over.

Loads; I like weird combinations :D.
No! i like pizza with banana on! and I know loads of people who like peanut butter & banana (I can't stand peanut butter) so I wouldn't have thought of that as weird! don't knock anything till you've tried it.

Cruella
26th-September-2005, 07:31 PM
Whenever my mum used to make a beef curry, we used to put an assortment on top of it. Consisting of peanuts, sultanas, coconut, banana and cucumber. :yum: Ooh i'm really hungry now.

Baruch
26th-September-2005, 10:01 PM
Peanut butter, marmite and lemon curd?
Anything with Marmite in it is evil! Marmite comes straight from Beelzebub's bottom! :sick:

Lory
26th-September-2005, 10:31 PM
My dad makes wicked 'toasted cheese and marmalade sandwiches' :drool:

Buttons
26th-September-2005, 10:41 PM
Toasted brown bread, banana and toasted strong chedder cheese on top. :yum:

demonic_chick
2nd-February-2008, 09:11 PM
cheese and chocolate on toast :D

Aleks
2nd-February-2008, 09:30 PM
grated cheese and carrot sandwiches - Yum!

Martin
3rd-February-2008, 02:02 AM
Prawns and ice cream - YUM

Tried this at a posh restuarant buffet place, my girlfriend was horrified :really:

Double Trouble
3rd-February-2008, 11:13 AM
Buttered toast, spread with marmalade, with slices of cheese on top. :drool::drool::drool:

Gav
3rd-February-2008, 12:23 PM
Dry Weetabix, spread with real butter and sprinkle demerera sugar on top. :drool:

Beowulf
3rd-February-2008, 12:44 PM
Twirly likes to combine Peanut Butter and Marmite.. not on the same slice of toast but she'll have two slices of toast and one topping on each.. Both make me nauseous .. especially the Marmite.

My only "slightly odd" sarnie is Nice strong cheese, a little HP sauce and some sliced Pickled onions.. If I had pickled gherkins I'd use those instead

Connie
4th-February-2008, 06:11 AM

I eat this combination often. Try Brussels pate with beetroot next time, also yummy.

It's got to be on rye bread though, the ones who look like building bricks "Rugbrod"
What I wouldnt give for some nice Danish bread :drool:

martingold
4th-February-2008, 08:52 AM
chocolate and chilli ice cream
one of our dancing mates used to make his own ice cream and bring it into the venue each week for us to try
he used all sorts of ingredients this was one of the success stories everyone liked it

Gav
4th-February-2008, 04:04 PM
Today I had a white bagel with:
Sliced organic chicken
Mozzarella cheese
Watercress
Cherry tomatoes
Pickled JalapeƱo chillies.
:drool: