PDA

View Full Version : Medieval Torture

Nursey Lou
25th-September-2005, 01:54 PM
After last nights freestyle it has just occured to me that are some similarities between MJ and medieval torture.
You ask me why??

I was dancing with a man who was 6ft 5ins tall (approx) and i'm only 5ft 3ins. I never knew that a pretzel could be an airstep!!!! He took the move across his back without loosening his grip i.e thumb screw and put his arms straight in the air without reducing his height making me stretch like I was on the rack and my feet with air beneath!!!!! I have the bruises to prove it! :(

Has anyone else seen this similarity?

CeeCee
25th-September-2005, 02:07 PM
After last nights freestyle it has just occured to me that are some similarities between MJ and medieval torture.
You ask me why??

I was dancing with a man who was 6ft 5ins tall (approx) and i'm only 5ft 3ins. I never knew that a pretzel could be an airstep!!!! He took the move across his back without loosening his grip i.e thumb screw and put his arms straight in the air without reducing his height making me stretch like I was on the rack and my feet with air beneath!!!!! I have the bruises to prove it! :(

Has anyone else seen this similarity?

You poor poor thing, you certainly have my sympathy. I totally agree with you and probably explains why I am not a fan of the pretzel either. Very few partners make it comfortable for us followers, particularly when they've recently added the move to their repertoire and are keen to show that they can do stuff with their arms.

Little Monkey
25th-September-2005, 03:10 PM
Solution: Next time you dance with him and he does the pretzel, take both your feet off the ground and just hang there. His arms will quite possibly dislocate at the shoulders. That'll teach him! :wink:

Alternatively, next time you see him, show him your bruises and tell him how you got them. He might just be a bit more gentle in the future!!! :whistle:

LM

Jive Brummie
25th-September-2005, 03:15 PM
Cut with all the nicey nicey stuff....

Next time you see him walk right up to his ...erm...knees, shout at him, tell him he's a danger to the dance floor, head butt him in the nuts and proudly go strolling off clicking your heels in the air.

Nice people never take revenge, but do you know what, I reckon you'd love it :devil: :whistle: :wink:

JB x x

Nursey Lou
25th-September-2005, 05:26 PM
Cut with all the nicey nicey stuff....

Next time you see him walk right up to his ...erm...knees, shout at him, tell him he's a danger to the dance floor, head butt him in the nuts and proudly go strolling off clicking your heels in the air.

Nice people never take revenge, but do you know what, I reckon you'd love it :devil: :whistle: :wink:

JB x x

Thanks JB for the advice though I think it's a little violent. Maybe it's want he needs.
Little Monkey I think I'll take your advice and show him the error of his way by hurting his arms and skrinking him with my weight :clap:

NL x

Ghost
25th-September-2005, 07:04 PM
I'd recommend simply letting go / letting your hand slide out of his if he extends too far.

Solution: Next time you dance with him and he does the pretzel, take both your feet off the ground and just hang there. His arms will quite possibly dislocate at the shoulders. That'll teach him! :wink:

A less violent but similar approach is simply to go limp. Ever tried lifting up someone who's totally wasted? It's very difficult.

Hope this helps. If you do go with the suggested approach of actually talking to him I hope it goes well. :hug:

Take care,
Christopher

MartinHarper
26th-September-2005, 12:21 PM
In medieval torture, people wouldn't give honest information until they were subjected to large amounts of pain. So, no similarity there then.