PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 1 Oct 2005?

DavidY
25th-September-2005, 12:29 PM
There seem to be a lot of events on next Saturday. Some are ticket-only so not sure if usual fence-sitting strategies :wink: are going to work & I need to actually make a decision.

In reasonable travelling distance for me are: Pulse at Nottingham "Party in the Potteries" at Stoke Marked ball at Northwich Freestyle at HydeOthers I noticed (but too far for me) are: DEC Niger appeal dance in Clevedon (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6459) Rebel Yell in Woking Loddon Hall Twyford Joseph and Tricia (?sp) in Glasgow
Apologies to anyone I missed out :blush:

So where is everyone going? :clap:

Minnie M
25th-September-2005, 12:39 PM
There seem to be a lot of events on next Saturday. Some are ticket-only so not sure if usual fence-sitting strategies :wink: are going to work & I need to actually make a decision.

In reasonable travelling distance for me are: Pulse at Nottingham "Party in the Potteries" at Stoke Marked ball at Northwich Freestyle at HydeOthers I noticed (but too far for me) are: DEC Niger appeal dance in Clevedon (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6459) Rebel Yell in Woking Loddon Hall Twyford Joseph and Tricia (?sp) in Glasgow
Apologies to anyone I missed out :blush:

you should have made it into a poll :whistle:

me I'm going to Rebel Yell in Woking :clap: :clap: :clap:

DavidY
25th-September-2005, 12:45 PM
you should have made it into a poll :whistle:Well I considered it but figured that if I made it a poll, I'd be sure to miss out some really popular event that everyone else knows about.... :blush:

Edit: ... Like the 'NI Jive' night in Belfast, for instance... :wink:

Lynn
25th-September-2005, 12:45 PM
Apologies to anyone I missed out :blush: You mean like the 'NI Jive' night in Belfast? :clap:

Cruella
25th-September-2005, 01:05 PM
Well Rebel Yell for me! Desperately want to see Kyle and Sarah. :clap:

David Bailey
25th-September-2005, 06:45 PM
{list}

Also, there's a charidee mate dance ball in Chesham that night I believe, although Ceroc Chilterns are cleverly keeping quiet about it :rolleyes:

Nowhere... :tears:

Paul F
25th-September-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm heading back up to Hyde, Manchester for the second birthday of Ceroc Manchester.
Promises to be a really good night.

Well Rebel Yell for me! Desperately want to see Kyle and Sarah. :clap:

Will we see you on Friday 30th at Surbiton?

A lesson with Kyle and Sarah for £7 :what: :yum: You HAVE to come.

Minnie M
25th-September-2005, 09:49 PM

:yeah: :worthy: :yeah: I'll see you there :clap:

Paul F
25th-September-2005, 10:12 PM
:yeah: :worthy: :yeah: I'll see you there :clap:

:clap: :clap:

Mary
25th-September-2005, 10:56 PM

I don't care what time I finish work, or if I am dead on my feet, there is nothing that will keep me away from this one!!!!

M

Dazzle
25th-September-2005, 11:21 PM
I'll be at the Masked Ball in Northwich, otherwise there won't be a lot of music to dance to, so my choice was made for me! :waycool:

Hope to see lots of you there from the Forum within travelling distance! the usual great music, fab lighting and great welcome, with a few extras thrown in this time :clap: (apart from me wearing a mask that is! [hands on hips whistling icon - not available-])

Have noticed there is a lot on!

Ickle Chick'n
25th-September-2005, 11:43 PM
I'll be at the Masked Ball in Northwich, otherwise there won't be a lot of music to dance to, so my choice was made for me! :waycool:

Hope to see lots of you there from the Forum within travelling distance! the usual great music, fab lighting and great welcome, with a few extras thrown in this time :clap: (apart from me wearing a mask that is! [hands on hips whistling icon - not available-])

Have noticed there is a lot on!

Nope, think there's an Exeter freestyle on the Saturday so that's where I'm at! You guys should travel much further down to the southwest I feel!!!

Cruella
26th-September-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm heading back up to Hyde, Manchester for the second birthday of Ceroc Manchester.
Promises to be a really good night.

But i have heard a rumour that they may not necessarily be teaching on the friday now!! I was talking to some regulars of Surbiton at Oxford on saturday. Does anyone know anything about the Tdance on sunday with Kyle and Sarah? I think Cat's got something to do with it. I need to decide whether to dance Friday or Sunday as well as Saturday. :confused:

Paul F
26th-September-2005, 08:59 AM
But i have heard a rumour that they may not necessarily be teaching on the friday now!! I was talking to some regulars of Surbiton at Oxford on saturday. Does anyone know anything about the Tdance on sunday with Kyle and Sarah? I think Cat's got something to do with it. I need to decide whether to dance Friday or Sunday as well as Saturday. :confused:

Not sure if anything has changed. all I know is whats on the west coast swing website

>Friday 30th September 8:00 till 11:00pm, Paul’s class covered by Guest >Teachers Kyle Redd and Sarah Van Drake (www.kylesarah.com)
>
>at the Assembly Rooms, Maple Street, Surbiton
>www.ceroc.org.uk

I am assuming they are still teaching.

Purple Sparkler
26th-September-2005, 09:30 AM
My decision was made for me ages ago, when I got invited to my friend's hen weekend.
So while most of you are at Hipsters, I shall be playing the role of Chocolate Bertrand, leading light of the Belgian Chocolate industry, in a murder mystery dinner. Heaven only knows what Saturday night will involve but I suspect it's going to mean a lot of alcohol and no dancing.

Cruella
26th-September-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm a bit confused (easily done) about evening tickets for Rebel Yell. On the website it states that it's 8 pounds for the evening dance, yet on the booking form it says 15 pounds. I suspect it will be the latter but can anyone confirm. Will there be enough tickets on the door or should i prebook. Help please!

SilverFox
26th-September-2005, 09:55 AM
Just booked mine. It's £15. That reference to £8 relates to their regular Saturday freestyle nights. :flower:

Cruella
26th-September-2005, 09:59 AM
Just booked mine. It's £15. That reference to £8 relates to their regular Saturday freestyle nights. :flower:
Thank you Mr Fox. :flower:

Bex
26th-September-2005, 10:24 AM
Well for those of you not going to Rebel Yell, we've got another fantastic freestyle happening this Saturday at Loddon Hall, Twyford, Reading.

8.00pm start, Fab class with Billco, non stop freestyle until midnight and music by none other than, TWK!! Usual complimentary tea, coffee & cookies later on :drool:

Hope to see you there.
Bex

PS. Twyford is a no smoking venue.

Cruella
26th-September-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks to various PMs i've now booked a ticket. Cheers guys! So what lovely people am i going to see there?

Rhythm King
26th-September-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks to various PMs i've now booked a ticket. Cheers guys! So what lovely people am i going to see there?

Me!

Now I have to add some more text, because my previous message was too short to post. Never had that problem before :what: Ho hum...

Gojive
26th-September-2005, 01:49 PM
I'll be at Rebel Yell (day and night) :)

Icey
26th-September-2005, 02:08 PM
I'll be there too, save me a dance RK!

Minnie M
26th-September-2005, 07:53 PM

Kyle & Sarah may be at Cat's T-Dance, but they will not be teaching.

BTW whilst Kyle & Sarah are over here they will be giving 'Private' lessons, however these will only be available for those who have pre-booked for Rebel Yell - contact Annalisa Martin at Ceroc Surrey for details

Cruella
26th-September-2005, 08:02 PM
Kyle & Sarah may be at Cat's T-Dance, but they will not be teaching.

BTW whilst Kyle & Sarah are over here they will be giving 'Private' lessons, however these will only be available for those who have pre-booked for Rebel Yell - contact Annalisa Martin at Ceroc Surrey for details
Cheers Lynda, think i may have to go for the BFF then.

Minnie M
26th-September-2005, 08:13 PM
BFF :confused:
can't work that one out :tears:

Aleks
26th-September-2005, 08:51 PM
There's bu88er all on in Scotland this weekend!

Minnie M
26th-September-2005, 09:14 PM
.........Friday 30th September 8:00 till 11:00pm, Paul’s class covered by Guest Teachers Kyle Redd and Sarah Van Drake ......
Yes the will be teaching but it will a taster (short class) to get you in the mood for Rebel Yell :clap:

Still worth seven squid tho :worthy: :yeah: :clap:

jockey
26th-September-2005, 11:33 PM
what I want to know, Vincent, is how can someone whose posts are so short amass so many points? :devil: (answer on a postcard)

Cruella
27th-September-2005, 04:27 PM
what I want to know, Vincent, is how can someone whose posts are so short amass so many points? :devil: (answer on a postcard)
Size isn't always important!! :rofl: So do you admit to always coming up short SF?

Rhythm King
27th-September-2005, 04:30 PM
I'll be there too, save me a dance RK!
Yay - sure thing! Wear your hair down :wink:

Cruella
27th-September-2005, 04:33 PM
Yes the will be teaching but it will a taster (short class) to get you in the mood for Rebel Yell :clap:

Still worth seven squid tho :worthy: :yeah: :clap:
If they're teaching a taster, is Paul teaching a class as well?

Minnie M
27th-September-2005, 04:43 PM
If they're teaching a taster, is Paul teaching a class as well?
Annalisa has posted it on the webb now:

Regular WCS Classes from 8pm with Paul Warden

PLUS a TASTER 20 minute WCS class with Kyle & Sarah

Admission £7 on the door

Well I'm going, even a taster class will be worth the journey, then thinking of finishing the evening at Hipsters, maybe we can persuade Kyle & Sarah to join us :clap:

I will be Kyle & Sarah's 'gofa etc' on Saturday, as I have met them before

Lynn
27th-September-2005, 11:42 PM
You mean like the 'NI Jive' night in Belfast? :clap:Decided tonight that I'd better update the NI Jive details on UK Jive re Sat - and got an email from someone (who has danced in England)wanting to come along :clap:

I'm looking forward to it as we haven't had any MJ here since mid June and although organised at fairly short notice (ie just past few days) I think we will have enough people along to make it a good night - some 'regulars' and some new folk.

SilverFox
28th-September-2005, 12:59 AM
what I want to know, Vincent, is how can someone whose posts are so short amass so many points? :devil: (answer on a postcard)Rude, abusive, frank, honest or just plain smutty seems to work for me...... :devil:

Size isn't always important!! :rofl: So do you admit to always coming up short SF?Seeing as you're married Di, you'll have to try and extract that answer from one of my previous rummagees.........again..... :na: :whistle:

Cruella
28th-September-2005, 07:41 AM
then thinking of finishing the evening at Hipsters, maybe we can persuade Kyle & Sarah to join us :clap:

Yeah. :clap: :hug: Sounds like a few might be coming across to Hipsters after. Did think about this myself but have managed to secure a lift to Hipsters, so can have a drink. I apologise now for any bad behaviour. :blush:

Cruella
28th-September-2005, 07:42 AM
Seeing as you're married Di, you'll have to try and extract that answer from one of my previous rummagees.........again..... :na: :whistle:
OK send me the list. :rofl:

JoC
28th-September-2005, 01:23 PM
Just booked my evening ticket for Rebel Yell. Looking forward to seeing / meeting / dancing with everybody (either again or for the first time). :clap:

stewart38
30th-September-2005, 11:32 AM
We will be going to Twyford :yeah:

stewart38
30th-September-2005, 11:34 AM
This is getting very confusing who is going where :sick:

TiggsTours
30th-September-2005, 11:35 AM
Ooh, ooh! That sounds like a good plan! I may not be able to drive on Saturday night, so hadn't got as far as thinking of where I'd go if I could, but if I can, I'll be there!

doc martin
30th-September-2005, 04:58 PM
There's bu88er all on in Scotland this weekend!
Just had an email from a salsa mailing list:

DANCE TO EQUALITY, Sat 8th Oct, 7pm-12mn, Portobello Town Hall, Edinburgh, £20
This is a "fundraising dance event packed with music, entertainment and refreshment" next Sat in Porty Town Hall. It's run by and for the Edinburgh and Lothians Racial Eqaulity Council (charity number SC007896). Music is by DJ Dance Demon and includes latin/salsa, modern jive (C/Leroc) and Scottish. There will be performances from traditional dances of other countries. International buffet will be served at 7.30pm. The tickets can be purchased from ELREC Offices at 14 Forth St, EH1 3LH, or tel 0131 556 0441, or email admin@elrec.org.uk. A really good cause and "an event not to be missed".
So there is something on, and note Dance Demon is doing the DJing. Any body in this part of the world considering going?

ducasi
30th-September-2005, 05:13 PM
So there is something on, and note Dance Demon is doing the DJing. Any body in this part of the world considering going? Well that's next week on the day the Glasgow party would have been if it hadn't been cancelled...

As as I'll have done exactly one Salsa class by then, maybe I should think about going...

Definitely maybe.

doc martin
30th-September-2005, 05:28 PM
Well that's next week on the day the Glasgow party would have been if it hadn't been cancelled...
Sorry, I obviously didn't read the date, just assumed that it was referring to the upcoming weekend. Oh well!

I have found one thing this weekend... (in Glasgow)

From the UK Jive newsletter.

Saturday 1 October 2005

Joseph and Tricia worksop

As as I'll have done exactly one Salsa class by then, maybe I should think about going...

Definitely maybe.
So you are doing your first salsa class this coming week. Where are you planning on going?

ducasi
30th-September-2005, 05:40 PM
Sorry, I obviously didn't read the date, just assumed that it was referring to the upcoming weekend. Oh well!

I have found one thing this weekend... (in Glasgow) Yep, I think I'll be at this party this weekend... I heard there'd be some good dancers there... :whistle:

The charity gig next week looks like it deserves its own thread... Want to do the honours?

So you are doing your first salsa class this coming week. Where are you planning on going? Yep... I'm attending the (rather grand-sounding) Academia De Salsa (http://www.academiadesalsa.co.uk/). I know the teacher from wa-a-a-ay back, so I'm hoping she'll take pity on me... :blush: Class starts this week coming...

Wish me luck! :nice:

doc martin
30th-September-2005, 06:08 PM
The charity gig next week looks like it deserves its own thread... Want to do the honours?
Done that.

Yep... I'm attending the (rather grand-sounding) Academia De Salsa (http://www.academiadesalsa.co.uk/). I know the teacher from wa-a-a-ay back, so I'm hoping she'll take pity on me... :blush: Class starts this week coming...

Wish me luck! :nice:
I think you are making the right choice trying Cuban. I did NY style for 6 months or so, but got fed up with the slotted dancing. It just didn't feel natural to me. I did do one Cuban workshop (at the Bongo Club - they were thinking of starting regular lessons - no idea what happened) and it is definitely much more familiar to a Cerocer. I looked at the classes in Glasgow, but decided I didn't fancy the travelling every week for classes and then, if I liked it, every weekend for social dancing!

So... good luck, I am sure you will be fine.

ducasi
30th-September-2005, 06:17 PM
Done that. Cheers... I'll see if I can make it over... As there's no Glasgow dance and I'll probably miss the next Edinburgh dance, maybe this'll make up for it. (As if the BFG wasn't enough!)

I think you are making the right choice... { snip! }

So... good luck, I am sure you will be fine. There's a choice??? :confused:

OK, I know there are different styles, but I just went with the teacher I knew, rather than making a conscious decision to do one style rather than another...

I'm looking forward to it.

Cheers!

(Maybe this discussion better belongs in the new thread – certainly more than it does here... Oh well...)

DavidY
30th-September-2005, 06:24 PM
I have found one thing this weekend... (in Glasgow)

From the UK Jive newsletter.

Saturday 1 October 2005

Joseph and Tricia workshop~SNIP~Well I did mention this one back on post 1 of the thread... :rolleyes: :tears:

doc martin
30th-September-2005, 06:32 PM
Well I did mention this one back on post 1 of the thread... :rolleyes: :tears:
So you did, and I remember I even read it then and looked at the web pages. I just forgot where I had heard about it :blush:

Divissima
30th-September-2005, 08:16 PM
We will be going to Twyford :yeah:
:waycool: :clap: Does that mean I get another frisky dance like the one we had at Southport, Stewart? :grin:

Toots
30th-September-2005, 09:37 PM
well I have no choice but to go to Woking Rebel Yell at sparrow o'clock tomorrow morning as I am part of the taxi team!! So roll on ten cups of coffee to keep me going, really looking forward to it...should have a ball!!

Minnie M
1st-October-2005, 01:01 AM
well I have no choice but to go to Woking Rebel Yell at sparrow o'clock tomorrow morning as I am part of the taxi team!! So roll on ten cups of coffee to keep me going, really looking forward to it...should have a ball!!
Looking forward to meeting you Toots, just in from Surbiton (check the time :eek: ) Angel & I intend to meet up with da boss at 8am (double :eek: ) must get to be as it takes me an hour to drive there too (triple :eek: )

See ya all tomorra :flower:

clevedonboy
1st-October-2005, 07:58 AM
I'll be in Clevedon toight running the DEC Niger appeal dance in Clevedon details on the uk-jive site http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/org-details.asp?OrgID=385