PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Pitlochry?

ducasi
24th-September-2005, 10:33 AM
Just curious... Who's going to the "Dance Fever" weekend in Pitlochry next month?

I'm hoping to go, but would like to find somebody to share a twin room with...

Anyone?

:cheers:

Wendy
24th-September-2005, 11:03 AM
Just curious... Who's going to the "Dance Fever" weekend in Pitlochry next month?

I'm going !!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm already sharing a room though.. sorry... :hug:

Can't wait to catch up with some of my wee chums !!! I expect a few of "my" Tuesday girls will be going... hope so - as I'm doing a female-only workshop and will need some moral support - it's my first one :eek: Looking forward to it though !!!! :D :waycool:

So Ducasi, I hope you'll be asking me to dance ??? :flower:

Wxxx

ducasi
24th-September-2005, 11:18 AM
So Ducasi, I hope you'll be asking me to dance ??? :flower: That's my #1 reason for wanting to go... :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
24th-September-2005, 11:19 AM
I'll be there, but there are another 2 girls in my room already ;).

Be nice to see Wendy and Graham again :)

Graham
24th-September-2005, 11:35 AM

Anyone?

:cheers:
Only a twin room? You need to set your sights a little higher :wink:

I'm looking forward to seeing Nik & Fi again!

ducasi
24th-September-2005, 11:44 AM
Only a twin room? You need to set your sights a little higher :wink: All other offers considered. :nice:

Heather
24th-September-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm going too!!! Looking forward to it. Much prefer the comfort of a hotel to a chalet!!! :rofl: :rofl: (And not so far to travel :wink: )
See you there!
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

Wendy
24th-September-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm going too!!! Looking forward to it. Much prefer the comfort of a hotel to a chalet!!! :rofl: :rofl: (And not so far to travel :wink: )
See you there!
Heather,
xx Great !!! I thought there were a few bonny lassies from Dundee missing last weekend !!! See you there !!! Are you bringing any nice men with you ?? We all know the Dundee boys are the best... well not counting those from Aberdeen of course.. and Italy :wink:

Wxxxx

Wendy
24th-September-2005, 07:49 PM
and Birmingham and Kent and Glasgow !!!!! :eek:

Wxxxx

Wendy
24th-September-2005, 07:51 PM
Australia and Edinburgh and Manchester.....oh no.. this is turning out all wrong :tears:

Wxxx

Heather
25th-September-2005, 10:58 AM
I note that you don't include France !! Are you trying to tell us something Wendy. Will I cancel my weekend in Versailles now? :rofl: :rofl:

:kiss: :hug:
Heather,
XX

Wendy
25th-September-2005, 11:20 AM
I note that you don't include France !! Are you trying to tell us something Wendy. Will I cancel my weekend in Versailles now? :rofl: :rofl:

:kiss: :hug:
Heather,
XX Well, of course, the fabulous Franck is from France originally :flower: but I'm afraid I haven't met any great dancers over here yet... Have found a "rock" dance class though.. so might give that a try.. And don't cancel your weekend yet !!! The deposit on that room with mirrors was enormous !!!!

Wxxxx

Jive Brummie
25th-September-2005, 03:19 PM
Melanie and I aren't going to be able to make the Pitlochry weekender :tears: as we're down south in the sunny midlands enjoying my grandads 90th birthday party :clap:

Anyhoo, to everybody that's going, have a fantastic time and make sure you let us both know how it went....

James & Melanie x x x

Wendy
25th-September-2005, 04:00 PM
Melanie and I aren't going to be able to make the Pitlochry weekender :tears: as we're down south in the sunny midlands enjoying my grandads 90th birthday party :clap:

Bring your grandad !!!!!! Bet he'd love it !!!! :D And tell him to start practising for the Old Gits at Blackpool .... I've only got a few years till I'm eligible !!! :clap:

Nice to see you guys in Southport :hug: :kiss: :hug:

Wxxx

Wendy
25th-September-2005, 04:17 PM
AND Ducasi's got a spare bed in his room !!!! Sorted all round !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wxxxx

ducasi
25th-September-2005, 04:44 PM
AND Ducasi's got a spare bed in his room !!!! Sorted all round !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wxxxx I guess that means I'll have to actually book then... :blush:

Wendy
25th-September-2005, 05:18 PM
I guess that means I'll have to actually book then... :blush:You mean you haven't even booked and here I am, trying to find you a room mate !!!!! Jeez.. you'll be expecting me to get Penelope Cruz to bring you breakfast in bed next !!!! (yeah.. half-way through the singletons sofa thread.. what a blast !!!)

Wxxx

ducasi
25th-September-2005, 05:31 PM
You mean you haven't even booked and here I am, trying to find you a room mate !!!!! Jeez.. you'll be expecting me to get Penelope Cruz to bring you breakfast in bed next !!!! (yeah.. half-way through the singletons sofa thread.. what a blast !!!) She'd do... ;)

I didn't book before as there was the chance of a collision with a wedding. And then I was waiting a wee bit before booking to see if I could get a roommate... No luck yet. :(

Going to sort it all tomorrow hopefully. :nice:

2leftfeet
26th-September-2005, 05:29 PM
Dundee guys are the best??? I must have been asleep when they were handing something out!!

ducasi
27th-September-2005, 08:50 AM

Anyone? Last chance before I post my application today...

:flower:

Little Monkey
27th-September-2005, 10:47 AM
Aaaarghh!

Aaargh-aargh-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

I really want to go to this, but don't have £119 or a partner to share with! Booo-hoooooo!!! There's just too many dance weekends, parties and events I want to go to, and definitely not enough time or money! :tears:

Terribly Upset Little Monkey

Wendy
27th-September-2005, 02:22 PM
Terribly Upset Little Monkey :hug: :kiss: :hug: Poor wee Monkey !!!

Wxxx

ducasi
27th-September-2005, 02:34 PM
Aaaarghh! Sorry LM... Will see you at the BFG though, right? :flower:

Little Monkey
27th-September-2005, 05:17 PM
Sorry LM... Will see you at the BFG though, right? :flower:

Ummmm..... At the Saturday night party, at least.

LM

Dance Demon
30th-September-2005, 05:53 PM
Me and my big box of CDs are going :D

Lindsay
5th-October-2005, 11:51 PM

of course.... and jazzy G helping you out too :waycool:
over 100 booked now, it's gonna be awesome :D

Brady
6th-October-2005, 01:45 PM

Hope that box of CDs will have R. Kelly's Happy People track in it!!!! After a great group in Spain last week, really looking forward to another opportunity to dance till silly o'clock and then just stumble to my bed for a few hours sleep before going again! :what:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-October-2005, 03:01 PM
Can i just add at this point - if Lindsay wants me to send a "Scottish track" whilst aborad she should maybe make sure her email inbox isnt too full so that it bounces. :rolleyes:

Did you get deported from Spain then ? :)

Dance Demon
6th-October-2005, 04:45 PM
Hope that box of CDs will have R. Kelly's Happy People track in it!!!! After a great group in Spain last week, really looking forward to another opportunity to dance till silly o'clock and then just stumble to my bed for a few hours sleep before going again! :what:

It surely will young sir........and Djing til silly o'clock is becoming a speciality of mine:wink: ...mind you I can't see the management at the hotel letting me play til after 7am a la Southport....then again maybe:nice:

Lindsay
6th-October-2005, 08:21 PM
Can i just add at this point - if Lindsay wants me to send a "Scottish track" whilst aborad she should maybe make sure her email inbox isnt too full so that it bounces. :rolleyes:

Did you get deported from Spain then ? :)

hey my inbox wasn't full... until a 10Gb file arrived of "donald where's yer troosers"... or whatever it was....
luckily I didn't need it, after a bucket of sangria I was in no state to teach that night.... :cheers: but thanks for trying :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
10th-October-2005, 05:33 PM
it was a classy Aly Bain Reel I believe - and it was only 3.8mg

delete the naked monkey pics from your inbox next time :)

sheesh - Im actually insulted you think I would send Donald wheres yir blimmin troosers :eek:

Dorothy
12th-October-2005, 11:22 AM
Have heard about this- where abouts in pitlochry is it and when please.

Brady
13th-October-2005, 12:43 PM
Have heard about this- where abouts in pitlochry is it and when please.

Event is in the Fisher's Hotel, directly across from the train station in Pitlochry. Things will start happening on Friday the 28th Oct. with dinner in the hotel, followed by an evening dance. Hope to see you there.

Brady

Dreadful Scathe
13th-October-2005, 01:14 PM
Are monkey costumes obligatory ? :)

good point actually, is there a theme party?

Lindsay
13th-October-2005, 05:43 PM
Details here (http://www.boogienights.net)

Lindsay
13th-October-2005, 05:46 PM
Are monkey costumes obligatory ? :)
good point actually, is there a theme party?
theme is h a l l o w e e n

or monkeys.

Dance Demon
15th-October-2005, 10:07 AM
Are there still places for single men at this event Lindsay........couple of people have been asking:cheers:

Lindsay
15th-October-2005, 07:33 PM
Are there still places for single men at this event Lindsay........couple of people have been asking:cheers:

Yip... men welcome! We could do with a few more guys to even out the ratio. Still some twin & double rooms left. . .

Heather
16th-October-2005, 11:47 AM
Only 12 more days to go..!!!! Really looking forward to this, especially the West Coast Swing classes.... it seems like ages since I did any WCS.
Hope a few more guys sign up though ( Lovely Roy, are you reading this, or have you booked already ?)
Why is it the men always leave it to the last minute to book anything?

See you there next week,
Heather,
xx

ducasi
19th-October-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey there....

I'm really looking forward to this too! Is there anyone from Glasgow going up by car who's looking for some company? And maybe also fancies going to Franck's new Stirling event on the Sunday evening? :flower:

I was planning to get the train, but probably wouldn't be able to make Stirling that way...

Cheers!

Aleks
19th-October-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey there....

I'm really looking forward to this too! Is there anyone from Glasgow going up by car who's looking for some company? And maybe also fancies going to Franck's new Stirling event on the Sunday evening? :flower:

I was planning to get the train, but probably wouldn't be able to make Stirling that way...

Cheers!

Can't help you get there but can offer you a lift from Perth to Franck's Stirling event - the cost of which will be helping me load up the car with massage couch etc.....let me know if there's nothing better on offer :wink:.

Wendy
19th-October-2005, 02:40 PM
Really looking forward to it... I can't wait to practise what I did in the Nigel and Nina workshop last weekend.. something to do with "following" :confused:

Wxxx

Dorothy
20th-October-2005, 10:39 AM
Thank you for the information, if I can find a male I will come!

Jive Brummie
21st-October-2005, 10:34 PM
Please let us know when the next Pitlochry weekender is on, maybe Melanie and I will be able to make that one:tears:

JB x x

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-October-2005, 12:28 AM
Please let us know when the next Pitlochry weekender is on, maybe Melanie and I will be able to make that one:tears:

JB x x
Hope your Grandad has a great day :)

ducasi
30th-October-2005, 10:42 PM
Just back from this... I had a really fab time. I'm gong to write it all up on my blog, maybe tomorrow (I really need to get to my bed soon!) but I want to say first of all that all the teaching was superb.

James (of Strictly Dance Fever fame) is the most entertaining teacher I've ever seen, he's got a great laugh too, though it pales in comparison to his partner/demo's infectious giggle. She's a really sweet wee girl, only 12, and can dance better than most of Ceroc people I've met.

Also want to say how great Lindsay was over the weekend, especially with sorting out my problems with my room when she had a million other things to worry about. :flower: :hug:

Looking forward to the next one. But please space out a bit from the BFG. :nice:

Jive Brummie
1st-November-2005, 11:56 AM
So what are everyone elses post match reports on Pitlochry? Would love to know.

Melanie and I went sarf for the weekend and spent it at a very emotional do celebrating my grandads 90th. We put on a wee demo as none of my family had seen us dancing before...

We'll certainly try and get to the next Pitlochry weekender.

JB

Wendy
1st-November-2005, 03:57 PM
It was a fab weekend !!! Great to be in a hotel with food laid on and the luxury of nipping up to your room to get changed. The music was pretty yummy with that Demon bloke and Gilbert on the decks. James (I danced with him before he was famous :waycool: ) was wonderful !!! He danced with us normal folks, performed like a star (wee "Magritt" too) and taught some things that I am sure will stick. The fame doesn't seem to have gone to his head which is nice to see !!!

Lindsay must have worked her wee butt off :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lovely company (no Brady, I'll never forget !!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ) and even happy feet at the end of the weekend !!!! (thanks to Aleks for that :flower: ) and I survived teaching my first workshop - I was soooo nervous but it was worth it !!! Go girls go !!!!!

Don't know if we'll make the next one cos it is a bit of a trek for us but if I am sure we could be tempted.....

Great to see some old chums and wee baby Smurf too of course.....

A bientot !!!!

Wxxxx

ducasi
1st-November-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi,

Here's the first two parts of my report on Pitlochry...

The workshops (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/10/31/dance-fever-workshops/).

The dances (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/11/01/dance-fever-dances/).

I'm working on a third part while will cover the rest, tie it all together, and finish up all the thanks to everyone.

Auntie Barb
3rd-November-2005, 10:03 PM
Pitlochry was a great weekend. So nice to have the convenience of a hotel and such great food! The BELLY DANCING class was such a LAUGH!! :grin: ( Thanks to Alice) :whistle: I also enjoyed a couple of walks to the dam and fish ladder, fabulous scenery! Thanks Lindsay for all your hard work in organising such a super event. I hope you can manage to arrange it at the same time next year. ( The week after your school half term holidays )so I can make it. Thanks too to all you lovely people :clap: who make me feel so welcome when I come up from Nottingham to dance in the Edinburgh area and I always enjoy dancing to such tasteful music from Dance Demon.:devil:
Big thanks to Aleks for driving me and putting up with me!
I wont be coming up again till next year :tears:
(Aunty Barb)

Lindsay
3rd-November-2005, 10:12 PM
Cheers for the feedback- really appreciated.
James was SO entertaining, Wendy's style class was excellent (sorry I missed it), Alys's belly dancing just amazing, Johns swing stroll was fab, and Fiona's mambo was a lot of fun. Brady & I's MJ and WCS went down really well too, so all in all a brill w'end. Thanks Dreadful Scathe for MC-ing, you were surprisingly witty ;) Huge thanks also to Jenni, Heather, and Fiona for all their help, to Niamh for just being soooo cute! and the DJs - DD and Gilbert for brilliant and varied sets! Also thanks Aleks for providing complementary therapies :-)

Thanks to all who came along...
:flower: :hug:

ducasi
4th-November-2005, 12:54 AM
... Thanks Dreadful Scathe for MC-ing, you were surprisingly witty ;) No surprise for anyone who voted for him as most humorous poster in the BFG awards... :whistle:

Thanks to all who came along...
:flower: :hug: :yeah:

If you can wait until the morning, I'll post a link to my final part of my write-up of the weekend.

And if you can't, you're going to have to find it yourself as I've got a bit of tidying up to do before I post a link. :wink:

(Oh, and thanks to Aunty Barb for the lovely dances and for posting a comment on my blog too. :flower:)

ducasi
4th-November-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi,

Here's the first two parts of my report on Pitlochry...

The workshops (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/10/31/dance-fever-workshops/).

The dances (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/11/01/dance-fever-dances/).

I'm working on a third part while will cover the rest, tie it all together, and finish up all the thanks to everyone.

As promised, though a little later than I hoped...

The weekend as a whole (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/11/03/dance-fever-the-whole-thing/).

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. :nice:

Heather
5th-November-2005, 11:17 AM
Been really busy at work this week so I've not had a chance to reply to this thread. When do you have the time to write all these blog things , Ducasi ?
Pitlochry was brilliant, I really enjoyed the whole weekend. It was great to just get up in the morning and wander along for breakfast, with all your dancing friends.
The workshops were really good and gave a 'taster ' of lots of different dance styles, I wish I could have gone to the belly dancing class as well as James' Salsa class, but they clashed!
James McLauchlin, a runner up in Strictly Dance Fever, was simply one of those inspirational teachers, who are are few and far between, he established a great rapport with the class in a matter of minutes and his infectious laugh and wit, made the classes so enjoyable.He is so modest and down to earth, a really lovely guy!!
Brady and Lindsay taught a great West Coast Swing class on Saturday, but unfortunately I couldn't stay for the Sunday afternoon class.:tears:
I managed to stay in my witchy outfit for a whole 30 minutes at Saturday evening's dance but I just can't dance in a skirt !!
It was lovely to be joined by some dancers from Edinburgh and Dundee just for the evening. And I got lots of dances with Dance Demon,Brady and James McLauchlin ( who is now one of my boys!!!!:wink: )

Thanks Lindsay for organising the whole thing, it was a pleasure to help out!
When's the next one!!!!
Heather,
xx

Brady
6th-November-2005, 02:08 AM
and the DJs - DD and Gilbert

Is that not 'Jazzy G' that you are refering to???!!!!! :grin: Sorry Jazzy, couldn't' resist!!!!