PDA

View Full Version : Monday dancing in the North Midlands?

Gus
23rd-September-2005, 05:56 PM
Will be visiting the land of my birth (i.e. Stoke on Trent) on Monday and will be separated form my beloved Jango ( :tears: ). Any recommendations as to good dancing to be had? I know there is Ceroc at Stoke but think its a newish club ... tempted to go the famous Marcus Garvey in Notts but dont know if it still THE place to go ..... any recommendations?

Trousers
23rd-September-2005, 06:21 PM
I can't believe your finger has slipped off the pulse Gus?

I'm Shocked!!! :eek:

I've been doing Dazzle's Chester venue on Mondays - some Nice Ladies but they are a fun crowd anyway

And if you find out if Marcus Garvey is still the place to be let me know - There's a lady there that needs my body (to Waltz with :( ). There used to be lots of great ladies hmmmmm I should go back too. . . .

Gus
23rd-September-2005, 06:37 PM
I can't believe your finger has slipped off the pulse Gus?
I've been doing Dazzle's Chester venue on Mondays - some Nice Ladies but they are a fun crowd anywayToo far to drive to Chester and got asked to dance twice! :tears: M Garvey used to be superb ... but Ceroc Stoke is just down the road.......

Gus
24th-September-2005, 11:14 PM
OK ... based on PMs will be going to Nottingham (Marcus Garvey). Anyone else from the Forum likely to be there?

DavidY
25th-September-2005, 12:50 PM
OK ... based on PMs will be going to Nottingham (Marcus Garvey). Anyone else from the Forum likely to be there?I'm planning to be there.

Rachel
26th-September-2005, 02:44 PM
Me & Marc will be at Marcus Garvey. Marc's teaching there tonight. Can't believe I missed a chance to talk & dance with you yesterday, Gus. Hope to catch up tonight.

Look forward to seeing you too, David!
Rachel

Yogi_Bear
26th-September-2005, 03:05 PM
Last time went to Marcus Garvey on a Monday (afew months ago now) I was amazed how many people were there - and a high standard of dancing, too. Apparently it was more popular than the weekend freestyle events. Unless things have changed, it should reliably be one of the best Monday nights available in the East Midlands (if not the north Midlands).
yb